US Appeals Court Strikes Down Texas Voter ID Law, Texas to go Blue

>Texas’ voter identification law violates the U.S. law prohibiting racial discrimination in elections, a federal appeals court ruled Wednesday.
>The U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed previous rulings that the 2011 voter ID law — which stipulates the types of photo identification election officials can and cannot accept at the polls — does not comply with the Voting Rights Act.
>The full court's ruling delivered the strongest blow yet to what is widely viewed as the nation’s strictest voter ID law. Under the law, most citizens (some, like people with disabilities, can be exempt) must show one of a handful of types of identification before their ballots can be counted: a state driver's license or ID card, a concealed handgun license, a U.S. passport, a military ID card, or a U.S citizenship certificate with a photo.

texastribune.org/2016/07/20/appeals-court-rules-texas-voter-id/

LIBERALS FOUND A WAY TO WIN TEXAS. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN ASKING FOR ID BECAME A CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATION.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawford_v._Marion_County_Election_Board
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_ID_(India)
nationalreview.com/article/375021/dems-voter-fraud-denial-john-fund
endoftheamericandream.com/archives/election-fraud-obama-won-more-than-99-percent-of-the-vote-in-more-than-100-ohio-precincts
endoftheamericandream.com
webservices.sos.state.tx.us/vrapp/index.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have to give proof of residency to get my child into school, get a library card or cable tv. I have to show birth certificate to get my kids in a sport. But showing id to vote, dats racysss.

Voter fraud at its best guys.

>some, like people with disabilities, can be exempt
WHY ARE WE LETTING PEOPLE WITH DOWNS VOTE

What stops me from flying over to texas and voting for Trump ?

RAPE TIME

literally and electionally

>The full court's ruling delivered the strongest blow yet to what is widely viewed as the nation’s strictest voter ID law

that's complete bullshit, the Texas law was modeled after Indiana's, which supreme court upheld as constitutional

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawford_v._Marion_County_Election_Board

They are just reaffirming the difference in the races. Why cant blacks get a drivers license? Why cant they get concealed carry permits? Why cant they get other forms of photo id that ehite people easily get? If they cant get those things there is a reason why.

Absolutly nothing now kraut

You don't just walk in to any polling station and get and get a ballot handed to you.
You have to register- then you can only vote in one specific place where your name is on their list.
This changes nothing.
Most niggers don't vote because when you register, you're now on a list for jury duty.
Miss 3 jury summons and you get a warrant for your arrest.

Being a fucking white male

I don't understand
You go to the seats without documents?

>ASKING FOR ID BECAME A CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATION

yeah, thats not what it says

And what are the requisites for registering?

yeah, indiana's is full fucking retard

i couldn't get their "secure" id based on some arbitrary bullshit and i'm white as fuck

I thought we overturned this voter act shit.

Actually you do. You get what is called a "provisionary ballot" that is supposed to be set aside once verified later by someone saying "yeah, this person did have a right to vote".

Of course we all know that never will happen and those fake votes will be dumped in with all the others.

democrats can't win unless they cheat.

>democrats can't win unless they cheat

so prove it

Pence is gonna make America go full retard

Over 18
Citizen of state
Not a convicted criminal

>WHY ARE WE LETTING PEOPLE WITH DOWNS VOTE
Where have you been? Democrats have been voting for years.

yep theres big money and anti white hatred at play here now goys, its unfortunately looking like the democratic option is slipping away faster than ever

i hope you are all armed

In texas they register you to vote when you get a driver's license. As is the case in most states in the US.

delet this

Maybe this can be used as precident to tell cops to fuck off when they ask for your ID

Because its racist to do that now.

From what I remember you need to tick the box when you apply for a driver's license. That, or I might be confusing it with Florida's. I remember wondering why the form didn't ask me for a party affiliation when I got my Texas DL.

Not anymore. The latest push is "Criminals have rights too"

Virginia's governor issued an executive order granting every former convict in the state voting rights back

its normally opt out i think

states where you have to declare a party are pretty fucked though so it wouldn't surprise me if their shit is backwards

>go to bar
>order a drink
>'May I see your ID please?'
>WOW RACIST SHITLORD I CANT EVEN RIGHT NOW

I want someone to explain to me how in the hell asking for ID is, or has ever been racist. Like, fucking hell, it takes almost no effort to get some kind of identification up here, I cant imagine it being much more complicated down in Burgerland. All these courts are saying is that spics and niggers are either lazy sacks of shit, criminals who shouldnt be there to start with, or both. No sane person can equate ID cards to racism, yet you have these retards on your courts.

>Texas’ voter identification law violates the U.S. law prohibiting racial discrimination in elections
>requiring an ID to vote is racist

Got to let that illegal mexican majority vote!

This is why texit is such a bad idea, these mexican shits will simply vote to have Texas returned to shit mexico.

we're just going to have to start paying tacos to vote red.

how much is your vote worth mr taco?

>not realizing this is how voting is already handled

we legalized bribery a while back

Thank god

Don't worry guys in place for November

Supreme Court will overrule the 9th circuit and uphold the law

So asking for ID when you buy booze at the store is just fine, as is when an officer stops you. but asking for ID when you vote is just too much. TOP KEKed.

>India has over a billion people in it
>Every single person of legal age has a voter ID card
I want to start the day of the rope now please

um you sure about that? or are you sarcastic

This always completely baffled me.
To vote I have to show TWO government issued IDs AND proof of residency. I also HAVE to be registered to vote. How can you have a voting system that doesn't make sure ppl that vote are who they say they are AND that they are still breathing to vote themselves.

Doubtful, we will have a split

The person who brings the case is the plantiff

They will ask the Supreme Court and the court will deny because the obvious reason to repeal sb14 is to load the election results

This won't be an issue unless the Supreme Court blocks it for the midterms or some other election between now and 2018

no they don't, they use finger print with dye

The state will give you an ID card for free if you ask for one, I had one before I had a driver's license.

>you actually have the right to vote without any personal identification

Shit I can just drive around and vote 10 times. What the fuck is wrong with your laws?

Because that's how democrats get elected
Here in Florida every single Presidential election the main Disney characters(mickey and whatnot) all magically vote for the Democrat that is running.
Cheating is what they do

>a bunch of shit required by a private organiZations for random activities that have nothing to do with government being compared to documents the party in power knows not everyone has being required to exercise a fundamental right
You can do better

Thats how they vote you idiot
They all have voter ID cards and are not allowed to vote until it's presented

>The majority also affirmed the lower court's finding that Texas' "lackluster educational efforts resulted in additional burdens on Texas voters."
Wow. They expect this to hold up? Their entire argument is based on the idea that Texan minorities are too dumb to have ID.

LEL, look at the counties that had like over 100% vote for Obama

Eat shit commie

its what i said it was

there aren't

Democrats/leftists/progressives are more racist than we Sup Forumslacks could ever hope to be

Because liberals in America believe the ends justify the means

If letting. A bunch of illegal votes is better for them then that's what they will fight for

Right wing paranoia is so entertaining.

>its what i said it was
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_ID_(India)
Go fuck yourself
Seriously get the fuck off this board you pinko fuck

>there is no fraud
KEK

nationalreview.com/article/375021/dems-voter-fraud-denial-john-fund

no thanks, its still exactly what i said

?

In my state (Maryland), we have a full week of early voting. You can vote at any EV location and they accept same-day registration with no proof other than a signed affidavit that you are who you say you are.

Am I the only one who mail votes, nobody ever mentions it for some reason? Fuck those lines

>not a convinced felon
Convicted felons can vote in Maryland now too.

Ok he didn't get over 100%
just over 99%

endoftheamericandream.com/archives/election-fraud-obama-won-more-than-99-percent-of-the-vote-in-more-than-100-ohio-precincts

All I've done for years is mail order

>it's a "someone not living in the 50's thinks commie is an insult" thread

Just because you don't have ID doesn't mean you can vote retards. They literally sit there and double check if your name is on the list of registered voters before they let you vote.

Unless somebody knows exactly who has or hasn't voted it would be extremely hard to pull off voter fraud on a massive scale.

T. Texan

Who are you to deny the voting rights of millions of corpses??

Voting is not a fundamental right, actually. And a driver's license is a much more essential document that is also regulated by the government.

facts don't belong here

this is Sup Forums

>It's a liberal doesn't think commie is an appropriate insult for filthy pinkos thread

>.

Obviously you have no idea about all the dead people that still managed to vote from the grave.

>commies killed 100 million people last century

>this nigga doesn't think it's an insult

It's like calling somebody a lazy thief and a parasite

Not thinking it's an insult says a lot about you

Why is Kansas' Voter ID law still constitutional but not Texas'?

>it was real in my mind

they all vote absentee though. how do voter id laws stop that? oh right, they dont.

Court of appeals is liberal (never knew why it just is)

So this will go to the Supreme Court and it will be found constitutional

The plantiff already requested the law be stayed for the election but the scotus said "no"

Why does nobody talk about this, you don't have to have a driver's license to have ID. You just get a fucking ID card.

>endoftheamericandream.com

Is this a good source of unbiased information?

it's a site that slings gold and survivalist crap. why would it be unbiased?

It's bullshit that federal courts can supplant the will of the people.

Civil rights are not up for debate

Looks fair and balanced to me

>its fine if the will of the people want to violate the constitution

naa, we've already had this fight

you clearly don't understand texas or based hotwheels abbot

we're going to keep requiring ID until the supreme court rules against it and we;ll keep doing it even after that until the president finds the balls to stop us.

also
>implying it would be enough to flip Texas.

You might be a fucking retard then. I just voted in Indiana with zero problems.

>having voter ID law violates the Constitution

Nice try faggot, but the Constitution doesn't mention that.

Texit when?

Didn't they burn his legs?

Also Dan Patrick is actually the one in charge

Just go on Reddit and witness the mental gymnastics these fucking idiots go through to rationalize this.

where was i saying that i couldn't vote

its about the secure id bullshit they passed that does nothing

dumbfuck

not what was stated, try again

>Texas will never flip to the damn commiefornian and illegal immigrant scum

he got severe burns from hot water or something

is abbott still in recovery?

webservices.sos.state.tx.us/vrapp/index.asp

the last four digits of your social security number.

or, you know, none at all.

That's exactly what you implied

>>its fine if the will of the people want to violate the constitution

I'm just referring to the fact that Texas's governor is the the weakest in the union

then why is it predicted to be blue in 20 years?

By whom, senpai?

try reading it again

>implying voter I.D. law is unconstitutional

suck a dick pinko shill, you must be retarded

Voting is not a right
Disparate impact is unconstitutional bullshit

You implied you had difficulty casting your vote due. I was explaining that you probably find many things difficult to do that normal people have no trouble with because you are a fucking dumb fuck n