youtube.com/watch?v=lJSd2hJLn2g
youtube.com/watch?v=K8O2sIh0yq8
original.livestream.com/edgelord?t=789970
pastebin.com/yKzKwMhi
pastebin.com/24ipAFVa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=nqpzv6v5KBM

Some carry-over discussion from last thread:

Are humans as "programmed" as robots? Just how sentient are the emojibots? What constitutes a two/three-parter? Could Class' ratings in the USA see BBCA co-producing a second series? Is Narvin timelordkino? Could the robots experiencing grief of their own lead to a better ending? Pic related

>Is Narvin timelordkino
Of course, he's my favourite Time Lord.

>in this episode

>Are humans as "programmed" as robots?
if you're in the military or some other thing that requires people to do a daily routine, then probably

That's an adorable pic of Four, OP.

>Could the robots experiencing grief of their own lead to a better ending?
Yes. And it's bizarre this wasn't the ending. It felt like that's explicitly what they were setting up with one of the robots dying and the others not being sure how to process it. The Doctor should've sat them down and said "Hey, this is grief and death. This is what you've been doing to the humans" and make remorseful for their actions, instead of just sonicing their memories away.

Can I ask why? I've only just listened to the first gallifrey audio, but I've seen Narvin fan art over the years and gathered he was a fan favourite. So far he seems like a bit of a jerk though.

yes
>Just how sentient are the emojibots?
just like you and me
>What constitutes a two/three-parter?
an episode with two/three parts
>Could Class' ratings in the USA see BBCA co-producing a second series?
never!
>Is Narvin timelordkino?
of course
probably

how many magic haddocks would you rate this episode

6/10.

0,001/10

Narvin has the most excellent story arc and best development out of all the Time Lords.

That's an adorable picture of Ten user. I found that picture off Pixiv somewhere.

>The Doctor should've sat them down and said "Hey, this is grief and death. This is what you've been doing to the humans" and make remorseful for their actions, instead of just sonicing their memories away
Actually, better yet, Bill should've been the one to do that. The Doctor should've explained that he was about to wipe all of their memories, so she can (rightfully) be horrified by this and scold him for it (seriously, what is 12's deal with forcibly wiping sentient peoples' memories?) and push him aside and save the day by educating the robots.

Would've had some parallels with Beast Below's ending, which was the second episode of a season too.

>Narvin has the most excellent story arc and best development out of all the Time Lords
Oh well I have that to look forward to then. He's just from the audios, right? Or is he a carry-over from the novels too, like Brax?

>tfw S10 isn't leaving any inbetween episodes for Briggs Finish to insert mediocre stories into

>Thread theme
No, that's enough.

Depends on the robots. (Also on the culture the humans grew up in—think of North Korea, which attempts to replace whatever genetic programming we have with much stronger cultural programming, and seems to be a lot more effective at it than I'd have liked to believe is possible.)

>Just how sentient are the emojibots?

>What constitutes a two/three-parter?
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:164173

>Could Class' ratings in the USA see BBCA co-producing a second series?
Sure.

>Is Narvin timelordkino?
He's a great character.

Yeah, but even the idea they had could have been done as a better ending. FCB clearly has a problem with fitting endings onto his episodes, and Moffat should have been working with him harder on it.

>Pic related
Question marks. Before JNT.

I didn't like it, but I like hardly any episode of this show. Why am I watching this?

On second thought, more like a 5/10. Still better than ItFotN, I guess.

>The Doctor should've explained that he was about to wipe all of their memories, so she can (rightfully) be horrified by this and scold him for it

I feel ashamed for not noticing this when watching the episode.

>replying to the same post over and over again
Are you retarded?

any GAPS, fuck

>tfw try to insult Briggs Finish but come off looking just careless

could be a form of masochism desu

You mean not noticing that it's a shitty thing to do?

>No, that's enough.

m8 its whovian kino, check out dat remix youtube.com/watch?v=lJSd2hJLn2g

Capaldi specifically talked about how they're having stories with no gaps, so that the ones that do have gaps will leave you wondering what adventures happened during that gap.

And as soon you're wondering that, Nick Briggs has an offer for you.

Yeah desu I took his statement more as saying having episodes that interconnected makes it more clear that ones without that connection could have gaps between them

Link for anyone who hasn't heard what we're talking about: youtube.com/watch?v=K8O2sIh0yq8

Narvin is audio only (but he does resemble Nivet a lot.) Just to be absolutely clear, Narvin starts out as a dick but receives some frankly astounding characterisation.

Braxiatel is carried over from the novels. Now Brax's timeline and characterisation is quite good but his characterisation is arguably the best in the Bernice Summerfield audios rather than the Gallifrey audios and the reasons are spoilers. His timeline is incredibly complicated and he is an incredibly complex character.

so what's this "oath" the Doctor made, and does have something to do with Clara/Missy/Simmaster?

its gallifrey
chibnall asked moffat to bring it back

*does it

fuck I need sleep

In fact, he specifically says they could have "a whole spinoff" in the gaps.

Capaldi is working on his pitch for a spinoff where the brainwashed Twelfth Doctor runs off between episodes 7 and 8 to team up with the Chumbleys and take over the universe, and only Ian Chesterton can stop him.

Would've had some parallels with Beast Below's ending
That's what I though it was building up to the moment Bill ran into the kid. I was really disappointed when he went for the deus ex AGAIN.

I don't know whether it's a shitty thing to do. But it makes the Doctor look like a raging hypocrite when the episode otherwise frames him as being in the right.

That's it - I'm deleting the Wikia!

don't delete that's my job

Well, Simmaster is presumably on Gallifrey. Probably in Rassilon's sex dungeon, and now that the Doctor kicked Rassilon off the planet…

I am the Cyberleader. I am the one who says "Excellent". You will not delete until I tell you to delete. Remain on the bench until deletion is needed.

>this happened
It never sits right

Is Edge Lord around to draw this?

Actually, can we get Capaldi to draw it?

Actually, can we get Nick Briggs to get someone good to cowrite it with Capaldi and make a box set?

>when you realize the Cyberleader's exposed brain looks like a shriveled scrotum

Even though I've barely experienced Brax, I really like him for some reason. I've been interested by him before I ever read or heard anything with him in it. I'm eventually going to get into the Benny book and audios, and he's one of the reasons why.

What did you want specifically?

I have two other /who/ art requests currently in the queue.

>I have two other /who/ art requests currently in the queue.

Which ones?

>"Would you mind drawing Nardole please? Maybe with him watching over 12?"

>"moffat, hinchcliffe and john wiles out drinking together as best buddies? seeing as they are the holy trinity of doctor who showrunners"

I guess just evil-looking Twelve with Chumbleys, and elderly-but-still-kick-arse Ian standing heroically in front of them?

>tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:164173
Is this the one where someone sarcastically suggests that everything from Stolen Earth to End of Time is an 8-parter, and people start seriously arguing about that, or is that in the other thread about the same thing?

I'm surprised that the same guy who wrote In the Forest of the Hight wrote this episode. The forest episode was fucking abysmal, easily one of the dullest episodes in the history of Doctor Who episodes, while this was almost GOAT, except the ending ruined everything.

I was fascinated by Braxiatel too and he was the reason I entered the Expanded Universe.

For the books the two must reads with Braxiatel are Family Man and Dead Mice.

But I think that the audios come first with Brax. Some of the arguably best Big Finish audios of all time come from his appearances in Bernice Summerfield.

Sure, user. I've added it to the queue.

I think forcibly wiping the memories of an entire race is pretty shitty. He was very casual and happy about it, when if they were really set on that ending it should've been more of a "I have to do this terrible thing because if I don't these robots will commit genocide" atmosphere to it

>"Really makes u think" emoji on the Doctor's back
Really makes u think

The funny thing is that he started off as a crap idea, but some of the Virgin writers just got obsessed with how to turn a crap idea for a character into a great character, and they managed to succeed.

Watching Colorful Horse Show's latest episode, with the better half, and Doctor Hooves makes a cameo as he does occasionally. Felt the need to report that.
Hope you're having a good night /who/!

>I'm surprised that the same guy who wrote In the Forest of the Hight wrote this episode.

Really? So that's another addition to the DW shit writer pile, alongside Harness, Gatiss, Chibnall, Moffat, Whithouse, Davis and pretty much every recurring writer I guess.

So, why are you watching the show? Some kind of court order?

I'm too committed. I'll never have this kind of relationship again.

Well I'm going to read all of the books eventually anyway, so I'm sure I'll come across Brax. Not sure if I'm going to commit to the entire Benny range too, I might pick and choose there.

The only Brax stories I've inforsorbed so far are Empires of Glass and the first Gallifrey audio.

I mostly just picked and chose the audios with Brax in 'em.

He was Benny's boss in the half of Bernice Summerfield audios.

Cloister, are you on Discord?

I hate I FUCKING hate I FUCKING HATE Simmaster

he's on the /who/ discord yeah

Snyder-DCuck-tier

The Virgin Benny novels are mostly good.

The BF Benny novels are more hit and miss, and they start off more like tie-ins for the audios than their own thing. But some of the short-story anthologies are great.

>be gay
Yessir.

(Would /who/ want to watch me fill their art requests via stream while I put on Big Finish audio plays in the background?)

What did you think about the fact there was a whole fucking Doctor Who episode tho, where he wears the Fourth Doctor's scarf, hugs Rose, says Allons-y, etc

>fucking secret trip discord

>(Would /who/ want to watch me fill their art requests via stream while I put on Big Finish audio plays in the background?)

Yes!

yas

no fucking attention whore.

delete your trip

What's the crap idea? That he's the Doctor's brother? Because, to be honest, that's what attracted me to the character in the first place.

Although, I don't really know the history of how Brax came about. I know in Empires of Glass they never explicitly state the relation between him and the Doctor, they just heavily imply they're family.

t. Nilso

Anything specific?

Anything besides WarDoc

Either and Eight or a Ten. Your choice.

This

Give me like five minutes, I'll put on Time Reaver

Yeah, the Doctor's brother is one of those things that sounds cool, and then you think about what it would do to the mythology of the show and realise there's no way they could pull it off well…Except that, as it turns out, they did.

(Also, the reason Gary Russell invented him is that he thought we desperately needed an explanation of what the "Braxiatel Collection" that Romana mentioned in one line in CIty of Death was.)

Nice, to Calibris we go

casualwhostream?

casualcuckstream

>it's a calibris episode

>and then you think about what it would do to the mythology of the show and realise there's no way they could pull it off well…
I don't know about that. I think it's an idea that sounds interesting but has the potential to just be really generic, relying too much on "hey it's his brother, isn't this neat?". But I suppose there was also the risk of it ruining some mystery of the Doctor's pre-Unearthly Child life too.

I haven't heard/read enough Brax yet to really comment on how he plays off the Doctor, but I like to think in terms of Sherlock. If the Master is the Doctor's Moriarty, the idea of Brax being the Doctor's Mycroft is very attractive to me. The older, more sensible, smarter brother.

>I haven't heard/read enough Brax yet to really comment on how he plays off the Doctor, but I like to think in terms of Sherlock. If the Master is the Doctor's Moriarty, the idea of Brax being the Doctor's Mycroft is very attractive to me. The older, more sensible, smarter brother.

You sweet summer child.
I want to protect user's smile.

I only visited the one time I think, and I don't think I saved the link
I thought it was a hoot. The VA kinda sucked iirc.

Coveranon, are you still here?

Is the stream currently on?

No, those sites only stream content already posted online, I'm going to be streaming it live:

original.livestream.com/edgelord?t=789970

>Th-There is no /who/ discord server, they were just trying to DM you

Eh, they were alright, they did say they were doing a homage to Tennant tho which is nice

Cover user, I wrote your request fic! Where are you?

Don't worry, I won't be disappointed when it doesn't match my baseless assumptions. I'm sure whatever the relationship is like it'll be much more interesting, I look forward to having my assumptions crushed

Finally caught up on the first two episodes.
First of all
Does anyone else wish the actress playing Heather was the companion this season instead?
And secondly
The doctor was in the fucking wrong at the end of Smile, what the fuck man

right here senpai

>Does anyone else wish the actress playing Heather was the companion this season instead?
Yeah, loads of other racists keep dropping in to say this.

Smile was COMFYKINO.

>the guy just shooting a robot should have solved everything
No.

This would actually have been a better ending.

fuck off racist trash

I'm not racist
Bill is mediocre so far.

Here's your request fic, Coveranon: pastebin.com/yKzKwMhi

And here's yours, wanderer: pastebin.com/24ipAFVa