How the FUCK is this movie critically acclaimed...

How the FUCK is this movie critically acclaimed? This is the most boring movie I've ever had the displeasure of seeing in my life. Seriously this film was fucking sleep-inducing. Why do people love it so much, is it just normies/comfy-fags? It's literally just 2 rich white normies """depressed""" in Tokyo who are too stupid to think of anything to do. Not to mention the low-brow humor DUDE JAPS MIX UP R AND L LMAO.
Fuck this garbage movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUjAtYQkFm8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"normies normies normies normies DUDE LMAO"
yeah as long as your brain works like this you'll never be able to critically think about a film.
don't post again.

Faggot, I wanted to watch a movie not look at a slideshow of Tokyo pictures with a shitty plot in the background.

you're literally too stupid for a surface level hollywood movie
kill yourself lmao

I remember watching this movie around 9-10 years ago and feeling it was overrated as well. Johansson is a terrible actress and Bill Murray was better in that Jim Jarmusch movie from around the same era.

It was directed by Crapola's diddling dyke of a daughter, how the fuck do you think.

I was also led into thinking this was kino before I saw it, mostly because of this song
youtube.com/watch?v=XUjAtYQkFm8
But what happened in the movie? Scarlett just walks around Japan looking at shit with a complete flop of ambience. I liked the comedic scenes like where that Jap woman comes into Bill Murrary's room but otherwise it definitely doesn't live up to the hype.

its got a little kino here and there.

this website is for 18 and above

A sexy woman isn't kino on its own, user.

>it's another johansson in japan episode where she barely embraces the culture there

Are you a grill?

It didn't do anything for me either.

I think it is the age disparity. If you want real feelkino try Eternal Sunshine, Never Let Me Go, or Once.

>I don't want to watch moving images tied together by a story
Then don't watch films, dumbass

>implying LiT had a story

Broken Flowers is true kino

Nah, it's very good.

And though I don't recall Murray and ScarJo's char to ever have a sexual thing, the romance was nice and beautiful and down-played. They're like that couple that have perfect chemistry and *should* be a couple, but they themselves don't realize how perfect they are for each other. So you're rooting for something to happen, which doesn't, but that's part of the charm.

I really like it.

But it's a very subtle movie. And the directing is beautiful.

This needs to be said though, the movie has a very "female" soul to it, and unless you can appreciate something made for women, you probably can't appreciate this one.

I'm a guy, I think this is one of those movies only women "get"

except this is from the perspective of bill murray, and it would be guys that would relate to him more than women
I thought it was excellent

This is the kind of roles that ScarJo was perfect for. The kind of nerdy but hot and approachable girl next door. Not conventionally hot, but SUPER unconventionally hot (which is hotter than the standard variety for most of us).

She was sort of typecast into these roles for about a decade (maybe closer to two decades). Then she decided she wanted to be the fit femme fatale action hero. And you can tell playing hot action female leads comes very unnaturally for her and her delivery seems much more fake and wooden.

ScarJo isn't doing what ScarJo does best. In newer movies she seems like an awkward nerdy girl clumsily acting how she thinks confident dominant women act, but she has no direct experience with such things and it's at odds with her personality and it shows.

this is the romantic equivalent of Drive.

true kino.

Got my crush to watch it. She turned it off after 10 minutes. It's one of my favourite films.

;_;

You're either 13 years old, or mentally retarded. Seriously. Reading over your posts, you seem mentally challenged, regardless or your opinions on the movie.

I always lol @ plebs trying to make this movie sound deep.

>dude it's SUBTLE and PRETTY you don't understand what it's like to have a SOULMATE and SHOEGAZE atmosphere..

this movie is shit and Coppola is a huge hack. This movie is a glorified WKW ripoff with none of the charm. What a piece of shit.

That's sad, bro. But that to me, shows she's not worth it. The movie is a love story... but a very subtle one. I don't recall there being any sex or even anything overtly sexual...

... but not to sound like a sublime faggot, but I think whether you can get into this or not is whether you really believe romance is even possible in this day and age.

I think, not to overbill it, but when it comes to a romance type movie; this is probably the best one. And there's enough amazing directing, comedy, and incredible scenery that it feels like real kino when films typically addressing these types of points wind up being 2-dimensional chick flicks.

It's true kino (in fact probably would be in my top 10 films) but it's a love story with a very female soul to it (Sophia's directing has a very feminine touch). It's totally understandable that some, actually most, probably wouldn't like it.

I dunno m8. It reminded me a bit of Mean Streets, while being substantially less of a greasy sausage-fest. Just people going about their lives, and some stuff happens.

Either you can appreciate that kind of movie or you can't.

Watch this instead

well, I think the people who dont like it, dont like it on purpose.
They understand the point and the soul of the movie, they just dont want to be the kind of person that likes that kind of movie.
I understand that decision. Personally I prefer not to like this movie, it puts you into a position of an object. It has been a long time since I saw it, but when you see her walking through the hotel, seemingly melancholic but still content, you kinda connect with her as an everyday person but you also dont WANT to understand it because it's a way of thinking that leads to nothing.
Essentially it's like thinking about some philosophical thing a teenager dreamt about. Yeah I get it, it's all deep and shit but I have a real life and if I worry about stuff like this, I'll just end up nowhere.

This movie isn't subtle at all you dumb faggot

scarjo is not attractive

>>im just asking questions

we noticed.
grow some balls and stop complaining and start praising something instead. go on. impress us with your vast experience and knowledge of high quality films. cone on you little cunt. show your ass.

You are a homosexual.

>feelkino
>watching films with the purpose of manipulating your emotions
I ain't no faggot

>They're like that couple that have perfect chemistry and *should* be a couple, but they themselves don't realize how perfect they are for each other
You're being too real here, watch your words, cunt!

good for her

>Sofia Coppolafags on Sup Forums

This board truly is nu-/reddit/ cancer.

Murray & ScarJo have the illusion of the illusion of a relationship. They both know inside it couldn't work and that they're getting hormonal for shared experience that would burn out after they've gotten through it and wouldn't form anything lasting PLUS they both still have half an attempt at relationships to hold onto even though they're currently failing them. They know that their investment would be completely wasted if they give it that shot and it would fuck them over doubly. ScarJo is a naive younger girl and still might go for it if Murray would accept it but he's got the experience under his belt so he lets her down gentle and tells her to go on like she always knew she should have. None of that will ever ruin their perfect moments together being not together and only trying to force it could.

Please remind me why people are going absolutely nuts over a completely ordinary 7/10 girl.

young scarjo had a 9/10 face with 10/10 tits.

You're kidding right?

NORMIES DUDE GOD IS REAL DUDE MARVEL IS GREAT DUDE!

>we want the nu-Star Wars crowd

Joe, Ana, go to sleep