This is a serious thread btw

This is a serious thread btw
I just finished the first season.

It is okay I guess. I just don't get the praise.
For example the episodes where there are 10000 Rick/Morty's in the parallel universes is praised by the AV Club as one of the most profound episodes ever seen.

>"Close Rick-Counters Of The Rick Kind" is one of the best episodes of television I have seen in my entire life. It is the "Ozymandias" of animation.

I just don't get if I'm missing something.
Yes, it's pretty creative.
But otherwise?
I hope season 2 is better.

Bump

Last bump

Spoilers:
Season 2 ain't much better
Only 3 episodes are as good as Season 1
The latest episode had me laughing heaps though so I'm hoping it will pick up again

Season 2 is better.

Season 3 is when it crashes and burns. It's so subtle but somehow they have fucked up season 3 completely. It's like the entire show has aged incredibly poorly between seasons 2 and 3.

>watching a reddit Sup Forums show
>expecting anything of high quality

BUUUUUUUUUURPRRRPP
GOD ISNT REAL MORTY

This atheism bullshit is not anywhere near the focus of the show by the way.
I wonder how many people call it "reddit" without having seen an episode because of posts like these being spammed.

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty

I HOPE IN SEASON 3 THEY FIND TEH SZECHUAN SAUCE! I AM DONATING TO MCDONALD'S ALL OF MY MONEY FOR THE SZECHUAN SAUCE!

It's not so much that it pushes atheism, it's that it bashes Christianity.

There's an episode where Rick goes to Israel, and he says nothing about Orthodox Jews despite 18 minutes of the previous episode being a hateful monologue calling Jesus a faggot.

Anyway in the Israel episode he frequently states that Jews are 'God's chosen' and better than 'the dirty rat goyim'.

It really shocked me.

nothing more reddit than emma watson

*BRRRRRAAAAPPPPP*

I generally like this show, but I honestly don't understand why everyone like the Interdimensional Cable episodes. It's just a bunch of shitty le random xD humor.

Although this is pasta, it is true.

MY FAVORITE EPISODE IS WHERE THEY BEAT UP THE NAZI AND WESTBORO HOMOPHOBES LIKE HARDCORE PUNKS. I KNEW FROM THAT EPISODE IT WOULD BE AN EPIC SHOW.

About half, the other half have seen it and probably don't care one way or the other and just spam memes to fit in.

I just fucking love Rick and Morty, in the way that I fucking love science. It's so random and cool - it's like the show was designed for us Redditors, see? My mom says I have an unhealthy obsession with the show, but she just doesn't understand how funny it. I wish I could live in the Rick and Morty world and be their friends. Everything would be really and cool and funny if I did. Rick and Morty are so funny and I'm so awesome that it would make perfect sense, but it'd be even better if Bernie Sanders appeared. It'd be so awesome I'd turn up the TV in the common room of my dorm up all the way so everyone could hear the greatness of Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul, bacon, weed, atheism, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Sweden, Bill Nye, 90s cartoons, cats, and fucking loving science.

I run the Rick and Morty Club at my school - we come together, browse Reddit, make some Deadpool memes and watch Rick and Morty. We don't talk to each other but there's a cute girl there I'm gonna try and ask out. I'm a nice guy and I dress well (fedora + trench coat + brown-stained underwear + well-trimmed beard lightly seasoned with dust and corn syrup) so I just know I've got a good chance with her. I've already messaged her on Facebook, I just haven't got a response yet.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Rick and Morty! My favorite character is Rick because his style of humor perfectly reflects that of Reddit. I bet if I asked him "When does the narwhal bacon?", he'd know EXACTLY what I was talking about. Also, did you notice he looks like Bernie Sanders if you squint a bit and use your imagination? This can't be a coincidence; MLG Illuminati confirmed. Yeah, that's right, I look at montage parodies too. What good Redditor doesn't? Lenny face, Illuminati, and Doge are so funny. If I met Rick and Morty I'd be sure to show them all those funny and awesome memes and more!

Yours baconly, Atheist92

>"Close Rick-Counters Of The Rick Kind" is one of the best episodes of television I have seen in my entire life. It is the "Ozymandias" of animation
Can a post be more reddit?

Reddit and Memey is the ultimate pleb filter. Be glad you don't like it OP, it means you're not a faggot Redditor.

Everything that R&M did was done by Futurama (and Ugly Americans to some point) before.

i thought it was just shitposting and shills! it really is reddit the show.

Both of those shows actually took themselves seriously, too.

True, Rick and Morty shoots itself in the foot by being way too reference heavy and fourth-wall breaking Deadpool style

Ugly Americans was truly gone too soon