Is this good?

is this good?

im sure you love all popular movies, no exeption

Yes.

it's shit

>fuck borders n shiet we're all humans: the movie

I enjoyed it, it was relatively smart sci fi that didn't suffer from shitty acting

If you liked Interstellar and Gravity you'll probably give it a 7/10

If you think those two movies were trash you'll think its trash

Thinking man's sci-fi. Great film.

Depends on your metric.

Was it deep? No not really.
Was it concise? No not really.
Was it emotional? No not really.
Did it have some cool visuals? Yeah
Did it do its sci-fi gimmick well? Yeah.

It's garbage.

it was interstellar but even dumber

well I can see there are some really polarizing views on this movie

It's fine, but nowhere near as smart as everyone seemed to think it was.

Beautifully shot, tho, but I guess you'd expect that from good ol' Denis.

no

It's very good.

>film
>good
you don't belong here

I liked Gravity (only every watched it once in theatres tho) and thought Interstellar was garbage. I though Arrival was like 6.5/10.

Well, it has a cool idea. The idea is cool. I definitely didn't regret watching the movie. I mean, it's cool, an interested idea was presented. Nice.

you don't watch films though, just capeshit and hollywood blockbusters. I'm sorry we hurt your feelings pleb :^)

it's well made and looks amazing but the story is trash

Arrival is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with Interstellar and to a somewhat lesser extent The Martian, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in Arrival by the time she was in the milky section of the ship with the aliens AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between Arrival and Interstellar. I think where Interstellar was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, Arrival has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing movie.

Also
>so that just happened

What if I liked interstellar but not gravity.

>primer, primer, primer
>oh yeah primer
>don't forget primer
>your too dumb for primer

I honestly can't take people serious who imply primer.

I liked it good counter to the usual alien action/horror movies.

Fuck Lois Lane she knew she would give a kid cancer and that kid would live a horrible life and she didnt change anything

but what about the idea of the movie?

holy fucking shit i love you man.

thank god you said "Dunning-Kruger" so early in your post. more retards need to do this.

if i wanted to read some sanctimonious "smarter than thou" bullshit i would blow out my brains. thanks again for outing yourself as a faggot so early mate

it's ok but goes full retard at the end.

its a really shallow and 2 dimensional movie
doesnt even begin to scratch the surface

elaborate then

well it leaves so many unanswered questions about the aliens and such, id like to know more and i get the element of mystery

but basically nothing happened

Thats me also. I didn't like it.

then you have shit taste and should kys

It's so good I could of seen it for free at a cinema on board a boat that I was stuck on for four hours today. But I didn't.

No. It's a shitty fantasy movie where a woman learns how to see through time and saves the world from unbelievably stupid men who realistically shouldn't even be military leaders. It doesn't even have anything going for it in terms of visuals either, it's dull and grey throughout.

DUDE CIRCLES LMAO

>that movie
>smart

first off, it was based off a short novel, which probably was 10 times better just like always. But more than that, I understand someone having a little trouble with Interstellar and the black hole shit, and the temporal paradox. On the other hand this movie has literally zero (0) complex stuff.

t. /lit/

It's a well executed film about a mother-daughter relationship in a first contact setting.
God tier visuals, editing and sound design.

I have not heard a single valid buzzword free argument against it, just the usual "it isn't le deep enough" like it needs to be "deep" to be a good film.

Mediocre but normies like it.

I hated it. It's not even sci-fi, but a gimmic fantasy.

Yes, nice actors and characters, nice story ideas, nice cinematography, nice nice nice!

God tier score, I mean holy fuck it was fantastic.

It's a great film, didn't try to do the whole "to deep for you" shit that Interstellar pulled, it explained everything by the end but raised enough interesting points that you come away thinking about the grander concept rather than the aliens or anything like that.

It's the best representation of how people would react if aliens just suddenly appeared. Thats a freaky concept and it's handled very well.

I loved the film from start to finish. My only real gripe was the design of the aliens themselves, it was cool but they were kinda boring to look at.

its not complete shit but its not very good either

Yes. If you pirate it make sure you get subtitles that cover an important interaction at the end. There is unintelligible speech that I guess was hard coded in the official version

No one said anything about Primer. Primer is just a shitty low budget sci-fi movie, with bad acting and directing.

It was ok. I had higher expectations, but I guess it was ok.