Is this the best movie based on a videogame?

Is this the best movie based on a videogame?

Sean Bean survive
It really is

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kSAei2-c83s
youtube.com/watch?v=FoVO0JRmpHw
youtube.com/watch?v=3cEh2ojBkWU
youtube.com/watch?v=hQt2hNIBKNk
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I dug it except for the final church scene. It was so over the top and ridiculous, completely undid all the solid psych work and atmosphere for the sake of a big stupid set piece.

It was ok. There was at least some passion behind it and you could tell the director was some sort of fan of the original games. None of this can be said about the trash sequel though.

All that explicit narration and blatant cgi monster shit was bad, no mystery or fridge horror or any of that. Just give it a big monster scene and throw it all away.

I can't think of anything better, but a missed opportunity.

It's good, but it needed a better story.

>blatant cgi monster shit
The fuck?
The movie is full of practical effect, even the monsters

the practical effects were great, no hate on that.

youtube.com/watch?v=kSAei2-c83s

>cgi
youtube.com/watch?v=FoVO0JRmpHw

what breed is that?

>make practical effects of all the monsters
>cover them up in cgi in post anyway

What did they mean by this?

thats what cgi is for, patch jobs and background scenery shit. Not rapey barbed wire tentacles.

Yes, but that's not saying much, it's still not good enough

or a story that had anything to do with silent hill.

a cult of christians burning children? the devil giving a little girl superpowers so she can have revenge? wtf?
copypasted visuals put aside, there's not much silent hill in this silent hill movie.

That dumb bitch Andrea had it coming.

The final scene was supposed to be 7 Pyramid Heads butchering everyone in the church but they couldn't do that because they didn't have enough time or something.

By video game movie standards it is the best, but that's primarily because all the others are garbage.

If you're an actual fan of the games the movie sucks because it was clearly made by people who did not actually understand the story line of the game.

Unironically, Uwe Boll made the best video game adaptation ever.

I would agree with this.

Also, on the subject of Boll, his movie Rampage was pretty damn good too.

Silent Hill
Mortal Kombat
Professor Layton
Animal Crossing
Tomb Raider
Siren
Tekken(anime)

1. great cinematography taken directly from the games
2. great music taken directly from the games
3. lousy special effects that should have been obscured by darkness or fog like in the games
4. subpar writing and a bloated script because the director was a feminist and made sean bean a secondary character instead of the protagonist

and then revelation came out and completely killed the franchise

>a cult of christians burning children? the devil giving a little girl superpowers so she can have revenge? wtf?
that is a slightly different version of what actually happened before silent hill 1 though

>a cult burning children?
>the devil giving a little girl superpowers so she can have revenge?
That isn't what happened in the game?

>There will never be an adaptation of Silent Hill 2 directed by David Lynch

They ruined Pyramid Head's design

Nope.

1. Mortal Kombat

POWER GAP

2. everything else

Sean bean as Harry Mason would have been awesome.

Would be interesting to see her in a sequel now

This. MK wasnt just the best vidya movie.. it also aged amazingly aside from the CGI.

The fights are all top notch (except Liu v Kitana) and the soundtrack is fucking incredible.

Nope, the game is about Alessa's mother, who is the leader of a devil worshiping (as in blatantly occultist, NOT puritan Christian) cult who wants to impregnate Alessa with a demon Rosemary's Baby style.

Alessa has Carrie style psychic powers and in order to prevent that she telekinetically causes the boiler in the basement of the Gillespie house to explode, burning it down with her inside.

That's it, she was not burned on purpose as some sort of ritual.

In fairness though the document in the game that makes it clear the fire was an accident, not on purpose was LITERALLY CUT OUT of the game, so you can't exactly blame people for not understanding.

Oh man, dose tiddies!

bloody hell

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

>Sean Bean survive
holy fr*ck, that's so epic!!! because sean bean usually dies, I get it...

muh pyramid head!

Her character was played by Adelaide Clemens in the sequel.

What a downgrade.

>Not Street Fighter

It's ok.

Megan Fox in a schoolgirl outfit, why haven't I seen this shitty movie

Because she's a generic skank.

Train station sells school girl outfits. Why don't I live there.

tfw no Silent Hill 2 film

what is this from my man?

Damn that heaving bosom

why aren't I watching Jodelle Ferland tv shows and media 24/7?

Puberty was real kind to that girl

Who knows

Based on a video game? It's the best of it's kind. It's faithful to fans and it's easy for normies to get into.

I'd still say Mortal Kombat is the most enjoyable but Silent Hill was alright.

A film, My dude

nudes when

Let's get this started

>Dead Rising
I was surprised at how good that was

Not really a movie but posting the best videogame-based story

Honestly when people say that the first Silent Hill movie is the best video game adaption ever and then hate the sequel it really make you question the credibility of their opinion.

The second movie was way closer to the source material than the first. It had better characters and there was emotion weight to a lot of scenes. It made sense and also tried to distance itself away from the god awful cult shit in the first movie. The only "bad" scene in the second movie was the clown scene at the start.

The first movie was complete tripe and the only good thing about it was the soundtrack that was ripped straight from the games. The second movie is far superior and only plebs disagree with that.

You can tell they had their heart in the right place, it just sucks that the budget for Revelation was way, way lower than it was for the first one.

They cast a middle age woman to play teenage Heather
They cast that gormless bastard from GoT for Vincent
Pyramid Head vs Axe wielding giant
and so much of the story is inconsistent liek the seal, The detective and why she was trying to be killed in the beginning of the film

wait.....where the fuck did her pants go

SILENT HILL GOT THE MOOD AND ATMOSPHERE RIGHT BUT THE ACTORS WERE ALL SHIT!!!FACT!!!

>DOA: Dead or Alive
>good

Yes. I liked it a lot. Underrated to be desu. Got the Silent Hill feel into the movie very well.

She rolled down her tights

Underrated post

I legit laughed when that woman transformed into a monster like an anime villain.

the only good thing about it was that it used the game's soundtrack.

They should

Pretty good makeup to be honest

jeez what are they feeding these kids

The end of the movie was putrid 2edgy4you shit, and not in the normal creepy SH way.

Ace Attorney is the best VG movie.

Every time something reminds me that the Max Payne movie exists I get mad.

wow you have such shit taste user. cristophe gans makes some underrated kino, the same cannot be said about whoever directed the sequel. it was fan fiction tier. the atmosphere was spot on in the first film, its problem was the script and the studio forcing a male character in which ruined the pacing. the sequel is laughably bad from start to finish. dat pyramid head anime fight scene at the end just tops it off.

Phoenix wright ace attorney takes the cake and I love how they throw holographic evindences.

Reminder that they did two, count em two separate Hitman adaptations, and both of them were dumbass action films despite being based on a game where the entire objective is to be as stealthy and undetected as possible and only kill your contract victim.

They added bean later, they just realised later that there were no men.
I would argue this is a will made "feminist" movie because:
1) most of the females fall into the maiden/woman/crone
2) there is a subversion - the blonde female cop has a similar role of the black guy in night of the living dead
3) related, no mary sueing and no punches pulled, even in how graphic is a female death
4) females are good but villains too, no "world would be good with wimminz in charge" bullshit. Men are a bit aside for once but all is female in a primeval way. I did not mind it.

Is true that the final part is a bit cheesy but is overall a nice movie in atmosphere and makeup.

>Advent Children
>Bad
No faggot, quit parroting other nerds.

>shitting on Radha Mitchell
youtube.com/watch?v=3cEh2ojBkWU
literally perfection

The cult in the movie is not christian. This is a common misconception because it's not explicitly told that they are occultists and people just assume they are christians because of burning witches and shit.

woops

you have no concept of tone, atmosphere, pacing, acting, or even the importance of lighting for special effects.
You are the most fucking clueless person I ever met on these boards.

might want to check that filename bruh.

Here is a 40 minute video on why you are wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=hQt2hNIBKNk

How shit is the new FF movie?

good

It is bad though.

>DOOM
>good
I rewatched it recently, I can confirm it is not good at all.

what an annoying little faggot

Remember Me sucked though.

>I can't formulate my own opinions

i hate these pretentious fucks but they're right. The west never really got silent hill right.

I almost typed out a response. Good troll.
7/10.