/lbg/ - letterboxd general

Carl Th. Dreyer edition.

Previous thread: >Not sure what letterboxd is all about?
The mission of /lbg/ is to promote the intelligent discussion of film as art by providing members with opportunities for intellectual discussion, by recognizing patrician taste through examinations and by calling out embryos as they appear.

>Haven't got an account? Follow this link and sign up today!
letterboxd.com

>QotT
What do you think of Carl Th. Dreyer?

>News

Use as a link to find the /lbg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Patricians occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Patricians may pretend to be normal users asking for recommendations and when you recommend something, they laugh at you for your plebian taste.
>This is a thread for patrician purposes only don't offer or expect frivolous discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1YxUHk4pfPB
youtube.com/watch?v=myJA9BcgB6Q
vimeo.com/188538351
youtube.com/watch?v=a_XgQhMPeEQ
letterboxd.com/zaragwen/
letterboxd.com/Arokz/
letterboxd.com/mastro666/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/robertopancake/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Watched 7 kinos in a row and 3 of them were today. Good weekend lads.

Dreyer is good, that's my opinion

Vampyr blu when

Whoever makes these OP's is doing a good job tbqh
>watching question time ep about brexit
>filthy dirty stinky continental wants open borders
reeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's racist
also the OPs are bad

shut up willyhead

>anti intellectual op guy is a Reddit cuck
Not even surprised

finna bump this early mornin /lbg/ thread with my sicc new track
vocaroo.com/i/s1YxUHk4pfPB

Mannhunter!

>literal trigger warnings in your feed
Salt this fucking website.

what did he mean by this

>UK borders

Nigga If I were an immigrant I can float from Syria with a basketball

youtube.com/watch?v=myJA9BcgB6Q

Maybe don't follow people that you don't like, idiot

>wahh I keep getting upset because all these people that i myself chose to follow in the first place and can freely unfollow at any point post reviews I don't like wahhhh

you can't get rid of the most popular people though

He said in his feed, so I assume he means in his activity page?

Why does get out have a 4.2 rating?

Probably because that is the average rating given to it out of 5 from all Letterboxd users who have logged and rated that movie

>get out have a 4.2
>reservoir dogs 4.2
>the elephant man 4.1
>full metal jacket 4.1

lmaoing @cukerbox

any alan clarke fans here?
considering buying this collection for 100 bong pounds cus i cant find any torrents online

I have this, it's one of the best and most important coffrets ever released in my opinion

He is such a good director but working primarily in TV means he never really got recognised as much as he should, and also availability/access to his films are good.

it is also piratable on a very select few/maybe just 1 big boy website. But it's absolutely worth the buy

Recommend me some sexy kino.

I would have to recommend Alan Clarke's filmography

Watched The Day a Pig Fell into the Well last night and found it almost unbearably boring. It reminded me of some not-very-good Korean movies I watched years ago, like Nowhere to Hide or whatever it was called. Filmmaking was boring, just a lot of boring shots of people talking. I've been given to understand all Hong Sang-soo films are the same, which is good to know and will save me from ever watching another one.

>tfw you've seen it on 35mm

on the occasion of remembering the turning gate and the day he arrived are both fantastic, ive never seen the pig fell into the well, but what i have seen from him have all been good to great

tfw no local rep cinema

wanna move to NY for this reason and this reason alone

dank rhymes

Is it the new PENIS BOY?

vimeo.com/188538351

No, it's actually good

what is this from?

kuroneko?

Thanks

cinoma?

hey this is pretty good. not cringe at all

what have y'all fucks been up to

youtube.com/watch?v=a_XgQhMPeEQ

go to sleep slept

That's McCabe right?

>logging films
>rating films
>on a site filled with complete plebs

Can you pretenders go away?

letterboxd.com/zaragwen/

It's ok, I exclusively follow patricians such as Altarwise

>unironically using the word patrician
How to immediately detect a retarded pseud

How new?

wahoo!!!!!!

Toni Erdmann retail subs finally
tfw won't be able to watch it for two weeks or something

Your pic? Yes.

Just watching movies, and you?

letterboxd.com/Arokz/

> muh girls rule the world

Girls, we run this mother, GIRLS!

>muh oncle

What does /lbg/ think of Mike Judge? I don't think he's a great director or anything but I've enjoyed his workplace comedies and am eagerly anticipating the return of Silicon Valley tonight. It's actually got something of a visual style too, which is rare for a TV show.

xenoplanet here

Ask someone who turned down an invite to Tribeca anything

Mike Judge is a judge

watch more classic hollywood

>when you only watch the Mike Judge-directed episodes of Silicon Valley because muh auteurism

a winking PEPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a popcorn PEPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moses supposes his toeses are roses

>8) I look out for the Bechdel test in every film I watch
None of her favorites even pass that test

letterboxd.com/mastro666/

hating Bad Taste is bad taste.
Split had me split
Mindless is mindless

watch more classic hollywood

I almost fell asleep while watching the newest star trek movie

Penis Boy will make you want to touch your penis, boy.

>La La Land 4.5 stars
MY FUCKING NIGGER

I'm obssesed with lists IRL

Being able to keep a list of all the movies I've ever seen makes me feel good

What kinds of lists to do you like? What are some of your favourites? Also: do you have aspergers syndrome?

letterboxd.com/machill54/

Its SOV week, one of the best weeks imo. Ogroff was like Science Crazed but gorier but also slightly more well made and not as good as a result.

I've got Black Devil Doll from Hell and Tales from Quadead Zone to watch this week too, looking forward to them

wahoo!!!!!!!!!

Also where to heck is Synt??? does he even still post here?

>DUDE I'M SYNT LMAO SO COOL XD

what the fuck fillon??

what the fuck fillon??

who the fuck fillon??

the frogs are winning

watch more mon oncle

watch more emily jean

Why the fuck would he watch a baby movie.

>boss baby
MY FUCKING NIGGER

Just watched this film, chills just thinking about it, brilliant treatise on the fleeting nature of love, settling, a life lived in part

I log letterboxd films for my own benefit/recall, and have often been told I rate too highly whenever i've posted. I think that's probably correct.

For me: 3 isnt a very good film, 3.5 is just ok, 4 which as you can see i use most often, is a solidly good film, 4.5 is excellent/exemplary, and 5 is perfect or i personally love it

How do you rate? Or what are these numbers supposed to represent FOR YOU?

letterboxd.com/robertopancake/

The Love Witch was quite good. It nails it's aesthetic and has an interesting take on femininity and relationships.

who the fuck names themself roberto pancake

the inclusion of modern cars in the love witch really fucked with me.

me

France was a mistake.

I barely noticed that or the cellphones. I think it proved that that particular style of filmmaking isn't bound to a certain era. It didn't seem out of place for me.

"I had to hide my erection as I left the polling booth" said Pierre Bernard

A tear dropped down my face, a drip of cum dropped down my leg. I had just voted for Macron. I had just voted for my country to be subjugated by another country. Yet I entered the polling booth fully intending to vote Marine Le Pen. Why you ask?

I entered the polling booth, was about to tick Le Pen. Then I looked at the Macron option. At first I was angry that such an option existed. Angry that we had to vote on whether to be a country. Angry that some people would even consider voting Macron.

I asked myself why people would vote for abolishing their country. I put myself in their shoes. That's when it happened. I noticed myself getting an erection for no reason. The more I imagined myself voting Macron, the larger the erection grew. I imagined Moroccan scum being transported north towards Paris and it grew yet more. I imagined French ships rescuing Somali refugees, Mosques on every corner and French women in burqas and my cock began to bulge with one of the firmest erections I've ever had.

I closed my eyes, ticked one of the boxes. Opened my eyes. I had voted Macron. I put my voting ballot in the box and walked out, the tears dripping from my face, the cum down my leg.

Later that night when I saw the result of the election, I immediately came, then started crying. The day after I bought a chastity cage which I wear to this day.

My name is Pierre Bernard. I am French; I am a cuckold.

2.5 is average
3 is above average 60-69
3.5 is good 70-79
4 is great 80-89
4.5 incredible but not perfect 90-99
5 is perfection 100/100 given to less than 15 films

I loved that about it so much
the whole thing looks very classic Hollywood, but it's actually a modern day story and there isn't really anything to directly imply it isn't other than the atmosphere that's created, and that's so cool

1. Bad
2. Watchable
3. Good
4. Excellent
5. Favourites