The first Star Wars film to flop

The first Star Wars film to flop

just like TFA was supposed to

>First one featuring Mark Hamill
NAH

Is Rey Luke and Leias lovechild?

lmao

It didn't even have a proper trailer yet and this board is marketing it like crazy. Wait until the trailer drops and everyone will be talking about it.

>Less trailer views than IT and Justice League

Star Wars is finished

Not a chance. Han Solo will flop though.

Nope, my sister has already decided we are going to see it. The margins are just too large for a drop off to make it a flop, it will always atleast break even, and that is discounting toy sales.

Is that poster fanmade?
I guess it's supposed to be referencing the old posters, but Rey just looks pasted on it, it's so displeasing to look at.

It's just a teaser poster. Probably some intern made it to save shekels.

It won't flop financially, but it will fail just as hard as TFA insofar as it will be a ESB remake... Disney should've at least looked at George's ideas

Guaranteed to make at least a billion dollars.

It will also fix the biggest problem with TFA. It will convincingly explain Rey's Mary Sue powers. She is the real chosen one. Yoda said the Jedi got fooled into thinking Anakin was the chosen one.

This also fixes a big problem with the prequels, a child killer is no longer the chosen one. Anakin is no longer a space messiah with a virgin, he's a creature created by Sheev / Plagieus.

a fucking tree?

>star wars
>flopping

mate they can slap people eating shit on the movie and it'll still gross over at 1B

It will take 4th highest grossing film of all time off Jurassic World. It's not going to flop

>The Last Jedi
>Jedi
>J E D I
>D E K U

IT FITS!

TLJ has the best director/writer to ever work on a Star Wars film. It'll be on the level of ANH and ESB..

A disney cash-in flopping? lmao what are you on
It will make a billion dollars, but it won't make some record for the highest grossing film ever in cinema history so Sup Forums will call it a flop to compensate for the fact that it will be just as a critical and financial succes as TFA was too.

This board is a delusional joke.

People will make it $1 billion+ just because it's SW, but sooner or later the market will burn out on this shit.

All the normies got their Star Wars geek fix with TFA, they won't go see this one

it's the biggest feminist movie ever made, it's NOT going to flop.

Doubt it. It'll probably hit over 1 billion but not even close to TFA. Maybe 1.2 billion in the end.

>Ghostbusters

She's not the Chosen One

She'sjust this generation's Revan

Ryan never said that line "The Last Jedi is a feminist movie", stop taking buzzfeed tier news headlines as the absolute truth.

I just can't wait for the special edition of TFA where Kylo talks first xD

Chosen one, reincarnation of the founder of the Jedi order. If you watch TFA with this in mind it all makes sense. There are several key moments that line up perfectly with this spoiler.

>People will make it $1 billion+ just because it's SW, but sooner or later the market will burn out on this shit.
Yeah, just look at MCU movies! lmao they're doing terrible am I right

Black Panther and Spider-man will flop

I'm getting a Wind Waker Deku tree vibe from this.

Spider-Man will make 1 Billion

kek, no, audiences are sick of him and they got their spidey fix in civil war, Fucking Thor is more popular these days

>Count Dooku cut the Chosen one's arm
>Count Dooku
>Dooku
>DOOKU
>DEKU

>DOOKU
>DEKU

pottery

Normies are going to virtue signal the crap out of this and it's going to be insufferable.

>Lightsaber goes from blue to red

Confirmed Rey joins the Dark Side.

It's a reflection of the movies and Rey's place in them

Trips of true don't lie

almost correct but its actually Luke

This trilogy is a love letter to Star Wars fans who meet their heroes and are disappointed, Ren because he learned Vader wasn't the badass he was, Rey because Luke didn't turn out to be the force of good people hyped him up to be, I'm sure there would be others but I'm getting that vibe from TLJ. This trilogy will end with a close up of Rey and Ren's hands clasped together while two suns set in front of them as they walk off into the distance signalling the Skywalker story has ended.

only a billion dollars would be a huge failure
reminder that disney execs are on record saying that 1.4 billion was a disappointment for age of ultron, do you really think they expect less from star wars?

I really wish I compiled screenshots of people who said Age of Ultron would gross more than TFA.

This movie won't flop. If you really believe that, you're a fucking idiot. Transformers movies don't flop and they're shit. You think this movie will flop based on what? TFA and Rogue One being ass? See you at the theater, you cuck.

Fuck off, Kathleen

It'll be like Transformers - garbage movie after garbage movie that yet somehow make retarded amounts of cash.

>implying Kathleen would think TFA or Rogue One were anything but Masterpieces of Cinema
Fuck you pal

I'm honestly 0% interested and will download it later if it gets good scores.

This is also the general opinion of everyone around me.

But it won't stop 100 million shit taste americans and 10 billion chinese people making it be one of the highest grossing movies of all times anyway.

Flops are traditionally movies w/o hype. Star Wars has waaaaay too much hype around it

>the chinese character gets blacked

It wont even screen in china

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

You could have Luke Skywalker taking a dump on screen for 2 hours and it'd still make a billion dollars

Too soon to flop. Maybe Episode XI or XII when the eatshitters get tired of the franchise

>She is the real chosen one.

With just that, I decided to not watch the movie. It was clear Anakin was the chosen one, but cleary (((disney))) doesn't want a cis white male to be one. So they just retconn a mary sue as one.

I hate what star wars has become.

>the chosen one.
You think Jedi prophecy is real? If anyone is special its Luke. the prophecy stuff is BS

The retcon is problaby for agenda purposes and to justify the mary sue status

>le dropped meme

Sup reddit

I don't care about Star Wars in general and haven't watched any recent ones, but I think that Rian Johnson is a pretty cool guy and a competent director, so I'll probably going to watch it just because of him.
Go on and fight me

It'll flop with white mails but I think women and nigglets will make money for them.

>competent director
I'm pretty sure the next movie is being directed by Kathleen Kennedy directly to maximize the number of Rey scenes.

This is not the George you're looking for.

It's not gonna happen dude. It may be a shit, but it's a major blockbuster SW film. It's gonna gross a shitload of money, just like Beauty and the Beast

>he's a creature created by Sheev/Plageuis

wrong cunt, he's the Force's answer to Sheev and Plageuis' manipulations of the Force to try and create their own messiah. The Chosen One is a cycle and time is a flat circle.

>close up of Rey and Ren's hands
>Kylo Ren isn't Ren anymore he is Ben Solo again
>Rey fell to the dark side and went to Snoke
>Ren abandoned the dark side to find a balance and was brought to Luke
>nearly killed each other in their final fight but Solo was able to bring her back from the darkness and together they defeated Snoke
>now they're on Tattooine living in the renovated Lars farmstead
>they leave their lightsabers on the Starkiller III and they're destroyed when it blows up after they kill Snoke

>ben solo
hahaha holy shit, I forgot he was called Ben. Why would they name their child Ben?

Ben Kenobi was a good friend for those 5 minutes Han knew him

First one was A New Hope

No she is created by the force just like Anakin. She is kinda Anakin reincarnated.

That is why the big line in this movie is Luke saying 'No, you are my father' to Rey.

Much like ESB.

You're confused, dog faced animal thing. TFA was only the most Anticipated Sequel in the History of Film. Not just hollywood, film. Were it about Robots and Ewoks manipulating humans into playing their games, it would have made bank. The error is yours in assuming the ghastly mary sue, and the rest of the shit, some how made bank on its own merit.

>x movie is going to a box office bomb

does Sup Forums ever learn their lesson

What da fug

If anything like that happens, I'm walking out of theater at that moment and laughing hysterically.

>Not just hollywood, film.
Why did you even bother clarifying this? If it's the most anticipated sequel in the history of hollywood, that automatically makes it the most anticipated sequel in the history of film.

I'm already sick of Star Wars. I wonder when normies will feel the same.

Poor Rian. Promised a big pay day, has to obey a bunch of dyke feminist and nu male hacks and kikes. No input, no anything that belongs to you, only the words. Disney and Kathleen utterly screwed Rian over, but what choice has he, he'll make bank, Like JJ. Only, JJ, had more input than Rian has. Poor chap.

It's not going to flop because of the name, however, it can be bad.

It won't flop, but it may be a critical failure.

TFA was a remake of ANH, but that's ok. Given the circumstances, it was acceptable for TFA to be a remake. It was soft-rebooting an IP that had become bogged down in shit. They essentially Marvel-ized Star Wars and that works out great for the first film.

This movie is where they'll need to go outside the box and take risks, but I just don't think Disney is capable of that. They're going to drop the ball and make TLJ a studio-safe traditional sequel. Fans will love it though because most of them don't recognize those sorts of things.

DE JEWZ

Back to

In terms of quality, tell me something I didn't know.

I would really hate it if they retconned Anakin from being the chosen one. He did bring balance to the force by destroying the Jedi, and eventually the sith as well, leaving only one gray Jedi left.

You are in a Sup Forums bubble and have no idea what you are talking about.

Everything about Anakin and the prequels came from George Lucas' head and George Lucas said that Anakin brought balance to the Force when he killed Palpatine at the end of ROTJ.

So, you're wrong. Unless Disney retcons it, bringing balance to the Force means completely getting rid of the Sith and having at least one Jedi left over to maintain that balance.

>Luke spends most of his appearance moping around talking about a tree
>doesn't even really train Rey because she's already a strong independent jedi who don't need no man in the script
>Luke appears again an hour later for a few minutes to fight a wacky CGI giant

Star wars was and probably still is the most iconic film series of all time. The Prequels, although poorly done, made upwards of a billion dollars each. In today's money that's probably a billion some. Coke and other merchandisers paid Lucas, upwards of 2 billion dollars over the last 30 plus years, and that's not even counting Lucas' royalties and so on. Lucas' baby, is now in the hands of the white slavers, and although they're out and about doing all they can to utterly ruin and destroy all gains received by us From the OT, they can still and probably will, over the next many years make, Billions more if they play their cards right. And they know it. So they've frakked up Rey, and they've single handedly made this new trilogy a disaster and in the oncoming years Smart asses that surpasses anything RLM has done will make videos about it and the oncoming generations will make fun of it and point their finger at it and call it faggy and so on.

However, Disney could release a series that takes place in present day, our time, or in Star Wars' ancient times and, depending upon the political climate and the ideological dogma that's at the fore, they could make the heroes classier John Wayne types or have a conservative Director direct a Dutch and his crew, ala, the Predator, taking on a bad ass hunter or something, whereas they're a bunch of Non force users having to take on a force witch or something.
So let's make fun of The Last Jedi, and let's see to it that it crashes and burns and is either memed to hell or becomes forgotten even though the best we'll probably manage is lessening its 1.5 billion dollar run to, if we're really lucky, to a measly 1.1 billion. Nothing to write home about, but an egg in their face none the less, if we're able to spread our message in earnest. Otherwise, Disney will laugh at us all the way to the bank. So enough time wasting and more memeing this sucker into an early grave.

I'll watch this trash only for my cute daisyfu

Daisy-fags need to crucify themselves

>The only way to revitalize a franchise is to spend 2+ years of hundreds of talented movie people's lives that could be working on something better or at least new, and instead producing some shit that already exists
I'm so fucking tired of this excuse.

Don't get me wrong, while I hate TFA, I have no problem with you liking it, it had some good qualities but come the fuck on.
Hollywood doesn't need you to congratulate them for continuing the easy to market cancer that is "soft reboots".

>Thor trailer
>30 million views

>spiderman trailer
>5 million views

JUST

See, she looks okay when she's not smiling deeply. But when she smiles deeply, she's something ghastly, now isn't she? It makes your dick and balls want to run away and hide behind a tree or something. Someone really has to tell her to smile as deep if she wants to maintain a kind of cuteness. Otherwise she's just a xenomorphic thing.

>failed to outgross A New Hope
LOL it's a disaster, deal with it Nu-Wars cuck.

>The only way
Stopped reading there. You're clearly just a child who doesn't want to actually discuss anything and just wants to bitch and moan.

>Stopped reading right there.
And you clearly are someone who refuses to look at people's opinions on the off chance they might make you question if you're right.
So that makes you, what exactly?

But no seriously, if you have a wonderful argument as to why we need another version of the same movie when we could have had pretty much anything else to do with galactic conflicts, do tell me. I'm curious.

Domestic inflation alone is what, 1.5 Billion, World wide, Unadusted was 313 million. How much is that, adjusted for inflation?

I got more spoilers if you want them:

Finn has a love interest early in the film that turns on him and reveals she is working for Phasma (who of course wasn't killed by Solo).

Hayden mother fucking Christensen appears as a force ghost along with Yoda in a scene where Luke communes with past Jedi. They explain to him that the force does this kinda virgin birth thing to bring balance.

Luke has sworn off touching a lightsaber again after throwing his down in RotJ.

Not sure if he does eventually fight later in the movie these are from set leaks.

Is that the real poster?

Yes.

Whoever was in charge of photoshopping ray under the lightsaber beam should be hanged desu. It looks extremely out of place.

>religious feminism
What a crowdpleaser this will be!

no you twat. it'll be a success and people will be cumming and squirting when the star wars theme starts playing.