Games does a better job at telling a story

Games does a better job at telling a story.

fight me

you'd be wrong either way, but of all the games you could have picked a low rate indiana jones rip off is a pretty bad choice

same goes for the last of us which is the narrative equivalent of a YA novel

I agree.

LoU is such overrated garbage

it has the potential for it, but UC isn't really a good example.
everything UC does could be done in a movie

>videogame equivalent of capeshit

>Games does

Honestly, I don't think you're in any position to assert ease of comprehension in a medium.

>i agree
>posts weeb trash
made me think

Drake is nothing like Indiana Jones.

He's a mass murderer who thinks artifacts should be anywhere but a museum.

Uncharted doesn't even classify as a game. You literally just push forward to continue the story and the game does everything for you.

They really don't.

The manner with which they tell a story is using mediums that already exist, i.e. text [literature] or cutscenes [cinema].

It's like saying picture books tell stories "better" than movies.

The only thing videogames do "better" than other mediums is immersion due to interactivity. They should steer away from being storytelling-centric because games are meant to be played and gameplay is their medium.

Potentially yeah (Marathon, System Shock, Planescape surpass the majority of film), but no game in the last decade has come close
Maybe Mass Effect 1 & 2 in terms of presentation and world building though

Every Uncharted game falls apart when you start to mass murder. Adventure games are much better at telling a good story imho.

Uncharted is fun, but there's nothing special about the stories. It's just fun to play through an Indiana Jones movie.

>some idiot in this thread will eventually unironically cite Metal Gear Solid as an example of good story telling

Hold on to your butts folks.

That is literally not true.

This is literally true. It's the quintessential push forward to see awesome stuff happen automatically. The climbing segments are a good example of this. You have to try really hard and go out of your way to die because the game does all the work for you and pushes you in the right direction

I died a bunch of times when I played through the games during some of the shooting parts.

Games like Metal Gear have fun game play but also some amazing storytelling that you don't really see elsewhere.

MGS has a terrible story, but at least it's terrible in a way that's unique to video games and not just the work of a failed film director who had to resort to video games to get his generic ideas published.

They can tell stories so long as it's the gameplay mechanics that help to tell the stories. For example, I think Silent Hill 2 has a pretty contrived story, but at least it unravels itself via the interactivity instead of relying solely on cut scenes and embarrassing exposition. The immersion also helps with worldbuilding to enhance stories.

The shooting parts are boring ass derrivitive 3rd person shooting. Everything cool that happens in the game happens automatically or with limited interaction. Retards like you who are attracted to shiny objects think this is good gameplay design. People who enjoy Uncharted are the same retards who enjoy the transformers movie.

kino

The games are fun, you fedora tipping faggot.

>People who enjoy Uncharted are the same retards who enjoy the transformers movie.

Not even remotely true. You think your average dudebro knows who the fuck Nathan Drake is? Kratos? Sure. John Price? Absolutely.

Uncharted 4 sold 8.7 Million Copies

I could say that. If only there was a game with a DECENT story. Sorry, but videogames are for children and even the enjoyable ones have shitty mediocre or pretentious storylines.

The game is not fun you retard. You confuse the constant quips and sarcasm as fun gameplay.

To answer you question yes but it's not just the dude bro audience watching transformers but generally stupid people who are attracted to quips and big explosions. This is also the uncharted audience. I like how you retards can't see how shallow the game is but I fear you are going to kill the gaming industry.

Bioshock 1 was pretty good. The rest was just ez cash grab clusterfucks.

You you actually trying to tell me that a game objectively isn't fun? I played it and I had fun.

Moving pictures are for children too m8.
>my media has real life people therefore since your media is less mature as they aren't real!

this is kind of true sadly

They have the potential to, absolutely.

It's not happened so far, though.

What game?

I am telling you what you are dishonestly confusing for fun gameplay. Quips and sarcasm that you have no control over. The only real gameplay in this game is derrivitive scripted 3rd person shooting that's it. Otherwise the entire game is press x to see Drake say or do something awesome.

Have you ever played Soma?
It's the only game I can think of that had a good (if not entirely original story) and did some very clever things with the first person perspective - i.e. actually using the medium to help tell the story

Never implied that. Learn how to read.

Well I like it.

The Dream Machine

Yes you and many faggots who are killing the gaming industry by supporting stupid shit like this. Uncharted is not a game. It's a movie masquerading as a game.

Fine. It's fun. I hope the process of capitalism results in only games like Uncharted being made, and pretentious faggots like you have to beg the national endowment for the arts to make some games you'll like, but they won't because games aren't art.

It's not a game which was my argument from the start not your subjective definition of what is fun.

How can games do a better job at telling a story if the most entertaining and funny ones are the ones who put gameplay before story?
If im going to watch hours of cutscenes with 3d models that cant convey any emotion properly and without artistic ambitions beyond moving the plot, I might as well watch any shitty film.