What does this movie mean?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bjkK3Hnjy8s
youtube.com/watch?v=tJ4W9OAIKBw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that it's too late

That information technology is the next step in human evolution

DEATH TO VIDEODROME, LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH!

The television screen has become the retina of the Mind's Eye therefore television is reality and reality is less than television.

Uncut version when?
I wanna see Debbie Harry in full S&M mode

This
And eXistenZ was a sort of sequel/update to Videodrome
Plebs didnt get it, it got panned and Cronenberg went to make "normal" movies and gave us that abortion names "A Dangerous Method". Hope he goes indie again and returns to making these kind of movies.
In some way his last film was a big "fuck you" to hollywood

There's only one way out.

This website and Youtube is basically Videodrome. It serves you any kinky garbage you never knew could possibly exist. Most of the video is real and often disgusting. Its a bunch of criminals taking over your mind space for profit.

Long live the new flesh.

Pretty soon we will all have television names.

that Deborah Harry was one of the most attractive women ever.

The new flesh resembles a non lustful skin while the human flesh is sinfully evil.

The reason the new flesh looks like a beasts is because it is pure from sexual lust

In short: videodrome is the evil sinful lust. The new flesh is the cleanse for humanity

eXistenZ sucked.

We already have a Television President.

ELECTRON SLAVE, IT'S WHAT I CRAVE

IT WATCH TV, IT WATCHES MEEEEEEEEE!

Videodrome is some really mind melting shit for 1983, what on Earth did people make of it?

Really fucking plebeian.

Though the same the first time I saw it
Rewatched it after some time (after making the videodrome connection) and loved every minute of it.
Its not perfect, but it's really really good. Give it another shot user

why the hell wont Cronenberg make another body horror movie?

I want one so bad.

what Capeshit flick should Cronenberg direct? He would make a good Doom Patrol film

A horror Star Wars spin-off

It means VAMPIRE BABY

seeing Debbie Harrys tits was probably the main reason ppl went to see this movie in theaters back in the day.
the GOAT special effects helped and the aesthetics. remember that a movie like Liquid Sky also became a small cult hit around that time and it didnt even have the marketing/stars factor

Maps to the Stars was great

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE FUCKING SONG IN THIS FUCKING TRAILER I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR IT FOR FUCKING YEARS FUCKING HELP ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
youtube.com/watch?v=bjkK3Hnjy8s

Seriously, what song is this??

As far as anyone knows, a song made just for that trailer.

He did, it was called eXistenZ and almost no one remembers it even if it is actually a sequel to Videodrome

the first is about technology replacing the real world, the second is about getting the real world back

>> eXistenZ is almost 20 years ago.

pleb

That would actually be pretty cool. Just a movie about the fucking nasty underbelly of Mos Eisley with no Jedi shit at all

Soon all of us will have special names, names designed to cause the Youtube to resonate.

Drifting through the apocalypse in pure solipsism. Detached, empty devoid of emotions. Nothing matters. Really comfy.

>criminals
It's ok to call them jews here.

youtube.com/watch?v=tJ4W9OAIKBw

man thats a weird fucking trailer

it's literally telling you to blow your brains out

>Squidwards robbery.jpg

It predicted that the reality of the screen is more important than the physical world and that meme magic would usher in a new era of reality.

That makes no sense because lust is more associated with the concept of a beast than it is with regular people

Which is the better Cyberpunk: Tetsuo or Videodrome

both are amazing

I am finally watching this for the first time thanks to this thread.

Not sure if I should be doing it while having lunch.

Watch Dead Ringers

the only part that makes me uncomfortable is the realistic BDSM stuff in the first 20 minutes. once you make it past that, you should be golden. it's a great film.

> The battle for the mind of North America will be fought in the video arena. The Videodrome.

They saw the great internet meme war of 2016 coming.

>the bad guys are anti-poor conservatives
>James L. Woods becomes an anti-poor conservatives irl and on twitter

poetry

Shit. I need see that one too. I think that was the one my high school art teacher raved about when it came out.

>>there is nothing real outside our perception of reality

>that stomach scene
glad I finished eating

Tetsuo was stupid "as expected from Japan" anime tier shit. It was interesting until the fuckin weebs sperged out and forced in godzilla vs king kong tier shit. Few films have disappointed me as much as Tetsuo.

I miss the obsession with tv that had a ton of channels

truly visionary and highly quotable film. But too arcane for the masses.
Long live the new flesh!