8 A-10 tankbusters have deployed to Slovakia

>Eight A-10 Thunderbolt II attack aircraft, along with 140 airmen, belonging to the 122nd Fighter Wing, Fort Wayne Air Station, Indiana, have deployed for a one-month combined training exercise at the Slovakian Sliač Air Base on Jul. 8. The deployment is a part of Operation Atlantic Resolve, whose aim is to provide support and reinforcement on the NATO Eastern Flank somehow threatened by Russia.

>“This deployment continues to demonstrate our commitment to our allies and our deterrence efforts against Russia” states an official U.S. Air Force release.

>The 163rd Expeditionary Fighter Squadron will be flying with the Slovakian Air Force to demonstrate Close Air Support (CAS) capabilities and will also be participating in cross-border flights with deployed USAF total-force partners flying F-16s, KC-135s, C-130s as well as assets from other regional allied air Forces.

>Although this is the first deployment of the 163rd Expeditionary Fighter Squadron to Sliač, the A-10 “Warthog” has already shown its presence in Slovakia and across eastern Europe operating, among other locations, from the Polish Łask and Powidz airbases, from Bulgaria or even from the Estonian Amari airbase.

How will Russia deal with this brrt?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iy9VPTWyLh0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just posted a picture of brrt like 10 minutes ago...guys did I meme this?

hahaha old as fuck. Just use them in Iraq or Is Ra HELL.

Deal with what?

Those jets are literally worthless nowadays.

Shitty MANPADS even ISIS possess are enough too shoot these things down.

They were great in their day but that passed in the 90's

Apologize

>>Eight A-10 Thunderbolt II attack aircraft, along with 140 airmen, belonging to the 122nd Fighter Wing, Fort Wayne Air Station, Indiana, have deployed for a one-month combined training exercise at the Slovakian Sliač Air Base on Jul. 8. The deployment is a part of Operation Atlantic Resolve, whose aim is to provide support and reinforcement on the NATO Eastern Flank somehow threatened by Russia.

>meme plane
>s400 shoot it down from 500km away

S-500 will go back in time and kill the engineers before they build it.

No its true and I stand by it.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrt

>stand
Shouldn't you be on your knees praying to Mecca currently?

It doesn't matter. After the enemy see and hear the BRRT their robes are so full of excrement they can't move.

The thing gets dropped before it even reaches the target.

I swear these things just strafed unoccupied positions deep within friendly lines because that BRRRT got the USMC's dicks hard.

Ive been to Bratislava. It was cloudy and rainy, there were obnoxious kids everywhere without any supervision as well. There were cobblestones missing from the sidewalk, the turnstile for the bathroom was stuck and people had to crawl over it. Other than that I liked it. One antique shop had hilarious racist ads from the past.

>Caring about the Opinions of people about to be freed.

>The most widely used CAS platform on the planet,
>Worthless.
They cant evade modern AA at altitude because they were not designed to evade it at altitude, the way they fly against dune coons is to be as safe as possible in a zero threat environment, IE they're not gonna hug the deck if they don't have to because sometimes when you do that you crash, and it generally makes gun runs less effective. Better to loiter while immune to fire at high altitude pick your targets out carefully and Blast em.

When we line up against a real enemy the hogs will be doing what they were designed for, evading most fire by flying lower than snake shit and surviving what they cant evade by being built like a tank.

Wow, why are they still using these pieces of shits still?
>B1, F/A-18 and even F-16 better at CAS
>Expensive at COIN, OV-10 and Super Tucanos are cheaper
>only famous for its gun, which has been useless at tank busting since it entered service

Just scrap them all and let the 14-year old faggots cry

lol no, the B-1 is the most used CAS platform in the world

Face it

A-10 is shit

M E M E
A
G
I
C

that said the A-10 is useless. it requires absolute air superiority beforehand since it's slow as shit and can't avoid AA guns or missiles and is basically helpless against fighters, so by the time you can safely deploy an A-10, you don't need it around anymore.

>The most widely used CAS platform on the planet,
theyre literally not, only the US fields them iirc
the most widely used CAS platform is probably the F-18 series since it was sold to so many countries and is so much more useful since it's not totally helpless in the air

>OV-10

Aren't there like only 2 of these that are fighting capable and already in service.

>implying S-500 is not just an SA-2 covered in cylindrical cardboard

>How will Russia deal with this brrt?
by not being a third-world Arab country with a meme army and having the best AA systems today on every level from company to an army?

The B-1, F/A-18 and F-16 are not AS Platforms.
That's a Bomber and Two Fighter bombers, all short legs supersonic designs that cannot loiter over an area for hours and cannot fly slow enough to provide accurate gunfire. The A-10 is literally the fastest an Aircraft can go and still be able to perform CAS properly. The Skyraider was a better platform in the punch and loiter sense, but it was much less survivable.

They were just testing how they fared in modern counter insurgency, but it's pretty much the best native COIN plane the US has now

Colombia still fields them iirc

The 18 is a jet fighter adapted to do some bombing, it cannot fly in slow and low and deliver an accurate gun run, if it tried to it would fall out of the sky. Being able to carry bombs does not make it into a CAS aircraft.

>you must go low and slow to perform CAS

Hello Pierre Sprey

>by the time you can safely deploy an A-10, you don't need it around anymore.

this
they are really more of an engineering stunt than a figthing machine

>le we built a plane around a gun meme

>I don't know what the A in F/A-18 mean

youtube.com/watch?v=Iy9VPTWyLh0

it's built and billed as a multirole aircraft since even for the day it wasn't exactly the apex fighter. it's more of an interceptor

if you wanna go low and slow why not just use a helicopter

it is a SPICEY meme though, possibly the finest meme weapon of our era

To perform CAS with a gun yes. and Performing CAS with Bombs is tremendously inefficient. $2 million bomb to blow up a $1000 UAZ, 4 $50 AKMs a $500 RPG and four free towelheads.

>strategic bombers performing CAS

Our warplanes are cooler than yours

>To perform CAS with a gun
so why not use a bell helicopter and a guy with a not even mounted M60

This. The A-10 isn't the only jet in the inventory, and it's used in concert with other weapons systems.

Problem with SAMs? Send in the electronic countermeasures

Triple A? Strategic bombing

Troops in contact, need danger close? Send the fucking Hog

>bombing hajis only armed with SKS'es and AK's
>comparable to actual CAS operations, engaging hostile armored targets as well

There's a reason why the term "Counter Insurgency" was coined to differate it from CAS

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

>To perform CAS with a gun
Bonus Round

>"Send the fucking Hog"
>it gets blasted out of the sky by AA

the A-10 is useless in any kind of theatre where AA exists at all

Works perfectly fine if you arm it with PGM's
CAS nowadays is mostly just using PGMs

They used them well in Iraq

>strategic bombers performing CAS
GET IN IT

Because it's not much of a challenge to shoot a multi million dollar helicopter out of the air with an rpg that cost a few hundred

I wonder why guided artillery and mortars aren't used more extensively.

Have you tried it dude?

>ywn fuck shit up in an a-10

It's a 70% percent solution.
Instead of being 100% focused and extremely good at any given thing its is designed to be be acceptable in a whole bunch of a different roles. I'm not trying to say the 18 is a bad aircraft, I'm just saying, It's not a CAS aircraft, it is a multirole that can do CAS in a limited sense. It cannot provide anything like the what the A-10 can do, which is loiter on target providing run after run of effective gun, bomb, and missile fire. the A-10 is a dedicated Air to Ground fire support aircraft, the 18 is just not.

I know what it means you pastry, I also know that the fact that the A comes after an F and a / means that A is not the primary or even focused role of the aircraft. The F/A-18 Exists because the navy didn't want to spend hangar space on a dedicated CAS aircraft after retiring the Skyraider. That does not change the fact that the Hornet is a supersonic jet fighter with a small fuel tank that cannot fulfill one of the primary conditions of effective CAS, rapid response. The A-10, Flying from a forward field and being fuel efficient enough to loiter is Minutes or even seconds away. The F/18 Can be hours away.

No, but half of the Taliban and al Qaeda is trained to do it, so if a goatfucker can pull it off so can pretty much anyone else.

>nom nom nom

I like USA stories, bring Raptors next time please

hey USMC go fuck yourself.

face it Su 35 beats it, a plane it will defiantly go against if a confrontation ever happens, even su 24s beat it

A-10s are obsolete dogshit.

Sorties ofc. Few years ago I went to Sliač AFB to look at Ospreys, that was nice too.

only because of drones?

russians are the best at making attack aircraft

Not battlefield survivable.
See and the term COIN.

Engaging Hostile armor in a high threat environment, which is exactly where the A-10 excels. And exactly what the 18 cannot do effectively, the 18 can bomb a tank or two, the 10 with its long endurance, low altitude flight and high survivability to engage and destroy dozen of tanks without need to stop for gas ammo or because the area is too hot. this is the Hallmark of CAS, to be where it is needed, when it is needed, for as long as it is needed.

it's a good meme lad

>700 pound titanium bathtub
>can fly with a missing wing and missing engine
>can loiter over the battlefield for hours
(((Obsolete)))

>70% percent
stopped reading there

j/k i did just to see how bad it would get and
>The A-10, Flying from a forward field and being fuel efficient enough to loiter is Minutes or even seconds away. The F/18 Can be hours away.

>A-10s are somehow faster than F-18s
marine-boo cucks trying real hard to defend their useless flying gun

ok so what's to stop some cunt with a Strela or Stinger from taking out a just-as-slow A-10?

well, that and fighters, anything with the F/A designation, helicopters, combat mortars, man-portable anti-tank weapons, man-portable anti-air weapons, anti-air artillery, anti-air missiles, anti-air guns, tanks being able to move in anything other than columns or rows, the existence of trees and buildings and other obstacles to a perfectly flat world, and probably a bunch of other stuff

Best military plane ever.

BRRRT everybody.

Among other things.

Literally every single multirole fighter + the B-1B bomber do the job far better and safer than the A-10. The B-2 does too it just cost 6 gajillion shekels per hour to fly.

>checks flag

>on

Into the trash it goes

Our warplanes cal fly on mazut, are faster, cheaper, better maneuverable, better protected and nato call it Frog-foot. Get that, normie.

Marines don't fly the A-10. Only the Air Force does.

The Marines fly Hornets, Harriers, Ospreys, Helos and now the Lightning II.

I will rescind my "marine-boo" comment but wish to continue expressing disdain for the marines specifically (other branches b cool), even though it is no longer relevant to this discussion

Awesome I always wanted to see one in action.

When we invade i might get to. Sweet.

I heard you could shoot that down with one stinger lol.

My uncle had a UAZ was pretty cool to ride in it as a kid

Your planes are also 35 years behind the times with the exception of the Su-35 which are only ~15 years behind the times and have a total of 4 airframes in existence.

The Russian Air Force will literally be an entire generation behind NATO in less than ten years. It's pathetic.

Because you can add countermeasures to combat electronically guided weapons. You can't make countermeasures for a fucking unguided rocket flying in a straight line.

The Marines are find for what they do. You just have to remember Marines are all retarded whose opinions are not taken seriously by anyone, especially the Pentagon and Navy.

> can fly with a missing wing and missing engine
Engines are open and not separated by any defence. One hit will get both of them.

> can fly with a missing wing
That`s oversimplification. Declaring flying with damaged as feature is like windows mobile ad, that claims their shitphones can do photos. Oh wow - now you are just like any other attack aircraft. Great. For you.

>You can't make countermeasures for a fucking unguided rocket flying in a straight line.
helicopters can move, you know

sometimes they don't even move in perfectly straight lines, imagine that

I partially agree; marines on navy vessels are notorious shit-stirrers and the branch as a whole tends to bring planes that don't work and then doesn't deploy anyone who can actually service them properly

>USA USA USA
How can someone be so delusional? Why are burgers so stupid?

>Because you can add countermeasures to combat electronically guided weapons.
Countermeasures of CAS? No, you absolutely cannot.

You're literally arguing a sandnigger riding a donkey or a Toyota Helix with an AK is capable of possessing multi million dollar electronic warfare suites so sophisticated they don't even exist on NATO or Russian MBTs.

>B-1B better CAS than A-10
is this a meme or something?

I'm not even American. I'm sorry you don't want to face facts but they are what they are. The PAK-FA is an unbridled failure and without it the Russian Air Force is almost laughably outclassed by the rapidly approaching 5th gen NATO fleet.

Russian aerospace engineering has always been better than the US

first manned object in space, Sukhois have always been the best, MiG Foxbats were a terrifying legend for many years, etc

The fucking IRA had Stingers by the case, and you think a globe-spanning terror group and several state militaries don't have similar weapons around?

>electronic warfare suites so sophisticated they don't even exist on NATO or Russian MBTs.
Guided weapons are "so sophisticated they don't even exist on NATO or Russian MBTs"? Because self-propelled AA launchers are a thing

My dad can BRRRRRTT your dad faggot

>Separated by any defense

except a fuckton of armor

Stop making Americans look bad you and learn to fucking read. I was talking about putting countermeasures on the A-10 to stop a guided missile from hitting it.

This

>>The most widely used CAS platform on the planet
What is the F-16 for $100, Alex.

>the most widely used CAS platform is probably the F-18 series since it was sold to so many countries
The only F-18s that actually see combat use belong to USN/USMC.

>having the best AA systems today on every level from company to an army

lmao

It isn't. It's used all the time for CAS.

Do you understand what CAS actually means and not the meme definition that retarded A-10 dicksuckers from reddit have been spewing all over the internet for years?

The "close" in CAS refers to the proximity of friendly forces and hostile forces to each other, NOT the proximity of the aircraft to the hostiles.

The B-1B carries the same JDAMs as any multirole, but a lot more of them and with an even more sophisticated targeting suite. As such it has performed excellently in the CAS role and in fact performs a huge plurality of the missions within that role.

>The S-300 is regarded as one of the most potent anti-aircraft missile systems currently fielded.[9]

wikipedia

What is a HARM?

it has countermeasures

ALQ-184 and a CMDS (high capacity, mind you)

this is the end of A-10s in the US. They are being replaced by the shitty F-35A

>Russian aerospace engineering has always been better than the US
Not even remotely true.
>stingers
Stingers are not a countermeasure.

Wait a minute..do you actually think Stingers and AA fire can shoot down a JDAM, paveway, or hellfire? Because no, just no.

Yes, they can move but that does not make them immune. And that doesn't mean they're moving all the time. Granted it's not that often the circumstances arise where helicopters are a sitting duck or are saturated with dummy rocket fire that they get taken down but that doesn't mean that even a dozen RPGs strapped together isn't a cheaper solution to down one than the helicopter itself.

> Your planes are also 35 years behind the times
Not really. No su-25 casualties yet in syria, and your best tech is there fighting Assad.

You can see it in our rockets (best tech in the world, everybody buys our engines, ariane-5 is a copy of energia rocket of buran project), in AK (and aek-973 as alternative). We make tech that lasts forever. The best mechanically possible. You only insert new materials and new electronics if it comes to market.

You create shit, that looks cool only when your own media is shilling for you.

I admit, warthog is cool.

Our naming and further PR is shit (because done by kikes). "Su-25 Rook". FFS.

F35 is pretty amazing desu

Don't buy the jewish propaganda

>rapidly approaching
lol

I'm retarded? That was dumber than what I thought you said.

Are you aware that it's impossible to put those systems inside an A-10 without replacing the entire electrical and computing systems? The thing has the processing power of a 1970s Texas Instruments digital calculator. The amount of money to do that makes it prohibitively expensive and would, in all likelihood, necessitate a complete redesign of the airframe. In other words you'd need to build a new plane.

For fucks sake the thing doesn't even have fly by wire avionics.

Murreens were the only people other than clueless Civvies(read: congressmen and Alzheimer's Reagan) that thought modernizing the BB-61s in the '80s was a good idea. Navy knew they were little more than money pits and morale pits. Air Farce didn't care unless the money was going to be spent on them. And Army, the branch with the vast majority of all Amphibious Operations experience in US history, knew BBs were irrelevant.

Good thing to remind yourself of when it comes to the different branches and how backwards and fucktarded USMC is.

It's true. They have almost as much dash speed as a fast fighter, they can loiter for a long time, and they can carry a large and diverse weapons load to satisfy any likely TIC situation.

>The "close" in CAS refers to the proximity of friendly forces and hostile forces to each other, NOT the proximity of the aircraft to the hostiles.

>buying the LM propaganda

>Our naming and further PR is shit (because done by kikes). "Su-25 Rook". FFS.

Show any amount of evidence that jews are behind your naming schemes.

>every level from company to
Just no. Rifle companies do not get MANPADS. Russia keeps its low-level air-defence in Battalions belonging to their parent Brigade or Regiment.

>rapidly approaching 5th gen NATO fleet
lol

Your rockets and missiles are good. Your jets and jet engines? Not so much anymore. Without the PAK-FA your Air Force will be outclassed, that's just a fact.

Also stop saying "you" when referring to US tech. I'm not American (though I wish I was."