Warcraft

Fuck the critics. I enjoyed this. And now I'll never get a sequel because of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=warcraft.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the orc parts were the only good parts, the human parts were a god aweful drag

don't lose hope, the china bucks might save it.

Honestly though, it should have been a full CG movie, the live action actors just looked really bad.

having never played any of the games, i was confused the whole time. i had no idea where we were, why it was important or why the bad guy wanted to fuck everyone over.

meanwhile my friend who plays the games LOVED it.

so if it pleased the game audience its already better than the other video game to movie movies. at least it didnt piss off the target demo.

You won't get a sequel becuase it was a bad movie. Maybe if you improved your taste user you wouldn't be so let down.

And even the Orc parts are brought down by the constant FEL FEL FEL FEL and pointless plot changes. Film had too many characters already and they add two other useless nobodies in the form of Llane's wife and Lothar's son? It deserved to crash and burn.

>the live action actors just looked really bad
This kind of thing always confuses me so much. It's really not that hard to do green-screen compositing properly, there are 10-year-old kids making YouTube videos that look better than this. So many big-budget productions just have really bad, immediately noticeable compositing in really simple scenes. I don't get it

Like, the Orcs look great in this film, it's obviously not an incompetent special effects team. So how did they fuck up so bad on the simpler stuff?

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=warcraft.htm

I can see why but mass audiences simply don't like CGI humans. I thought it worked fairly well. Travis Fimmel is a good actor.

Seems like fans liked it, whiny critics hated it.

>mass audiences simply don't like CGI humans

Mass audiences don't like Warcraft and those who do are already used to CGI humans. Of course, you would have to think like a normal human being and not a suit to get this.

Still better than average Marvel turds who make a billion each.

This
It was amazing the difference between the two

How can you make CGI monsters into more likeable people than actual people?

>and pointless plot changes
What pointless changes would that be?

> add two other useless nobodies in the form of Llane's wife and Lothar's son?
Are you really that dumb you can't remember a cast of dozen characters? Also Lothar's son was in it for a second. Stop wanting the dumbification of big-budget films.

Still bad.

No sequel.

cry more.

>400 million international box office
If jack reach around and pacific rim job gets a sequel then this will too.

I dont give a shit what other people think, why would you? If you like something thats nothing but a good thing

Khadgar was pretty cute, so I want a sequel so Japan will make more yaoi of him. :3

Yeah, the live-action actors were terrible. Like something out of a shitty TV show, like Game of Thrones.

You'll get the sales, Chinese loved it and that's enough.

Now the question is whether they'll have balls to replace more and more actors with CGI or will keep the uncanny valley dual-quality shit.

the worse a movie rating is, the more chinks seem to watch it in droves. the chances of this getting a sequel was by no means dependent on the US domestic box office, you faggot with shit taste

Never doubt the Bowie gene.

>What pointless changes would that be?

Lothar killing Blackhand instead of Orgrimm. No sacking of Stormwind. No mention of demons or actual reasons behind the invasion. Khadgar is not Medivh's apprentice. Durotan never met up with Llane. Orgrimm being a Frostwolf.

>Are you really that dumb you can't remember a cast of dozen characters?

Every second spent on them is a second that could've been spent on those little plot details. It's not that it's hard to follow, it's the wasted runtime that pisses me off.

They should've just followed the book and WC2 manual.

>No mention of demons or actual reasons behind the invasion.
They state because their world was ruined. Gul'-Dan was implied to have ruined it after coming in contact with Fel.

Except that's not what happened by a longshot. The whole invasion of Azeroth was a brain child of Kil'jaeden who recruited the Orcs for the Burning Legion, Medivh who was possesed by Sargeras, Gul'dan who wanted Sargeras' remains to gain power from and last and the least Blackhand who was in because it meant he got to lead the Horde in further slaughter. This FEL business is some WoW invention. Which reminds me that there isn't shown any connection between Gul'dan and Medivh even though it was the thing that made it all possible.

>FEL FEL FEL FEL
for fuck's sake this

we get it, the green magic is bad. stop being autistic about it

Funny how they never explain WHY it's bad, as in where that magic comes from

user......they didn't even use green screens for most of the human parts

>this is a real set

back when warcraft was about medieval warfare betweens meanie warlocks and green monsters vs honorable knights and their sassy mages.

Now warcraft is about space conquerors and time traveller bullshit

They hint at the burning legion. The half-Orc says something about a man of fire and ash leading them.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

You'll never get a sequel because the movie did extremely poorly domestically.

I enjoyed it too, though. Despite all the lore changes and bad costumes, I think it would be hard to be a Warcraft fan and not like it.

holy shit you are working overtime today. Find another hobby

agreed, I surprised how much it didn't suck.

It's a Ghibli-like story -- executed without superior japanese directing.

>hint

Considering killing Medivh and getting rid of Sargeras was the only victory the Alliance (which didn't even exist back then) achieved in the first war, one would imagine they would do more than hint.

Is everyone here 12?
That "movie" was the worst shit I've seen in at least a decade. I watched it for free and still felt ripped off.

The cgi was garbage, the armor looked like it was made out of plastic, absolute shit tier dialogue and story, and not even one actress worth jerking off to. Absolute garbage on every level. The only one who could possibly enjoy this tripe is an underage vidya autist who snortles any time there is a reference to his favorite vidya on screen, or a braindead chink who got 2 hours off during a 16 hour shift of gold farming WoW

it may as well be seeing as its blizzard fantasy which just ripped its concepts off better designs just like japan does.

>The only one who could possibly enjoy this tripe is an underage vidya autist who snortles any time there is a reference to his favorite vidya on screen, or a braindead chink who got 2 hours off during a 16 hour shift of gold farming WoW

Guess what they do when Sup Forums gets boring...

the orc cgi looks pretty damn good though...

I am not familiar with the lore, wasn't it already explained the magic feeds from alive things actively (like draining a human) and passively (trucking up the environment in long run)?

only good cgi though. I wonder if it is different companies that cgi and the orc company is the only competent one

>and not even one actress worth jerking off to.
>Is everyone here 12?

Probably.

I don't know Warcraft past WC3 and Frozen Throne and I wasn't confused at all by the story. The only disappointment I felt was the lack of closure but I wouldn't mind a sequel anyways.

Yeah but what they didn't say is that the magic comes from demons

>Warhammer Fantasy
>not hugely derivative of LOTR and DnD

okay

so like the new planet of the apes movies

the answer is yes

It's not the Critics fault this movie did terribly everywhere but China.

Kill yourself OP.

>actually trying to shill for this movie with the IMDB score

Do you not know how that website functions?

I wanted to show off the contrast between critics and fans. Rotten Tomatoes shows the same divide. Fans liked it, critics hated it. Unfortunately critics are way more vocal than fans. The oppression of the minority.

The point is that IMDB fan scores are not indicative of the actual fan reception of the movie. That crap had a 9.5/10 on IMDB at least one week before the movie even came out. You clearly don't know how IMDB works if you think IMDB user scores mean anything.

Rotten Tomatoes user scores are almost the exact same way.

t. (((them)))

China is getting the sequel, apprantly they went fucki g apes hit over this movie.
I liked the music and my friends who played warcraft really love all the correct names and places. I've never played the game but this was good.
Orc parts were the best.

Better than suicide squad on all fronts at least.

I'll give Jones credit, they actually made a "First War" movie and nothing else. I was certain they would shoehorn in the later Warcraft races just to appeal to WOW playing normies.

>not marketing it as two movies, one Horde Version and One Alliance version with different perspectives in battle scenes and showing ONLY that side's story in each movie
>literally double the money

>not saving Paula Patton for a female night elf wearing a forest bikini
It's like these niggers don't want money or critical acclaim.

I played the game. It was still shit. The fact you don't understand it is because the story was all over place and explained nothing. Character development was non-existant as well. Character motivations were also questionable. Everything was a mess really. Your friend is just a fanboy who won't admit it was shit.

I enjoyed this movie a lot and I don't know anything about WoW except that it has a country of panda people and is therefore at least a little faggy

Doubt Pandas are still part of the canon. They were just there to pander to the chinks and then dropped out of the story.

literally this

>movie A is bad
>shut your mouth at least it's better than movie B!
Every fucking time with you capeshitters.

Medivh turning into a giant demon didn't count?

after watching Gantz:0 and Kingsglaive recently I feel the same way, modern CG can absolutely do humans well enough for the big screen, and in combination with CG heavy stuff like Warcraft, that would probably work better anyway.

Remember when Sup Forums was full of fanboys and shills hailing this as "the dawn of vydiakino?" lmao

Who the fuck are these orcs? Who the fuck is this orc necromancer or sorceror or whatetever? What the fuck are the goat people? What the fuck kingdom is this? What about the dwarfs? What the fuck is going on here? And why is the CGI so fucking noticeable?

China is the variable in the equation that will ensure numerous sequels. The US might not get showings in every theater, and the US marketing will be reduced, but you'll still get an English version of the sequels.

Fuck the studio, I will only watch when we have an extended cut.

If this was your actual thought process while watching this flick, you're a fucking moron.

Half a year later and I still don't know what the fuck were they thinking with those cardboard-looking armors

Fucking cosplayers look better than that

Same, never played the games but its obvious the Orcs are honor bound with a an evil shaman pulling their strings.

>What the fuck are the goat people?
They are perfection.

Good, it was shit.

That sounds like warcraft lore to me, so it was accurate.

Should the critics have lied about what a piece of shit this was just so manchildren like you could get anpther CGI shitfest of a sequel?

remove the horns, tail, and hooves and that could be a night elf

It only pleased WoWfags who went in to it wanting to love it. Believe me, your friend was as confused as you. The only difference was that he recognized some of the names. Fans of the RTS trilogy know that this piece of shit movie was not in the spirit of those games

I don't believe you

Plenty of Warcraft fans fucking loved this though. Just look at its user scores all over the net.

>Go in expecting a film version of Warcraft O & H
>Get a film that removed most happenings and replaced it with WoW faggotry

What mid-90s FMV point-and-click adventure game is this from?

night elves don't have giant futa horsecocks though

Those are WoW fans depserate to have their hobby validated. They know the movie was shit but they just won't accept it

Orcs shouldn't be CGI hulks that are three times the size of humans. Only wowfags would argue otherwise

it wasn't bad. it just had a cheesy style that can't appeal to the mainstream

>that fun you had wasn't real, you wern't actually enjoying yourself
lmao

>>Budget $160 million[2]
>>Box office $433.7 million[3]

why won't it get a sequel?

>The site's critical consensus reads, "Warcraft has visual thrills to spare, but they – and director Duncan Jones' distinctive gifts – are wasted on a sluggish and derivative adaptation of a bestselling game with little evident cinematic value."[78] On Metacritic, the film has a score of 32 out of 100 based on 40 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".[8] Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "B+" on an A+ to F scale.[49]
>Geoff Berkshire of Variety criticized the film's attempts at adapting a source material with "inherent ridiculousness" in regards to how the original game series was not meant to have a very deep narrative: "[I]t's an unwaveringly earnest film that never owns up to exactly how campy every character, every conflict and every new realm truly is."[79] A.A. Dowd of The A.V. Club wrote that, "To watch Warcraft is never to be transported, but to wade through a thick morass of mythology, exposition, gaudy light-show effects, half-assed character development, and formulaic franchise groundwork," while describing director/cowriter Duncan Jones as "a talented sci-fi fabulist who’s fallen screaming into the same CGI abyss that consumed Peter Jackson during his unfortunate Hobbit cycle."[80] Helen O'Hara, reviewing for the UK-based GQ Magazine, stated that although the film itself is a "strong adaptation" of Warcraft, the script diminishes the film's impact: "The problem is that it just can't escape those cod-fantasy roots. There are too many mysterious proper nouns being thrown into conversation and at least 12 major characters competing for space … [W]e're zipping from one to another here so quickly that they only have time for the most portentous, and sometimes clichéd, dialogue."[81]

I'll summarise this for you.

It was visually stunning, technically well made but simplistic in characters and story.

That's absolutely fine for a first movie.

>Sure the plot was incoherent and the writing shit, but le CGI orcs smashing each other sure was fun XD

>why isn't this warcraft movie high art
autist lmao

>It was visually stunning
I thought it looked pretty shit. CGI clusterfuck mixed with plastic looking armors. And the characters and story was more incoherent than simplistic. It's like they tried making complex characters but failed miserably

>Expect Travis to be the star of the movie
>You can see him he literally doesnt give a fuck and doesnt even try to act

A movie doesn't have to be high art to have decent writing and a coherent story

It was 10x better than 90% of the capeshit the last 5 years.

Especially Suicide Squad. That movie is AIDS

>when you watch an animated movie about dwarves in the cinema and some cosplayer stands up to go to the bathroom and blocks the screen

>this pleb still thinks sequels are determined by critics

alvin and the chipmunks got sequels, smurfs got sequels. critics dont mean shit when your movie brings in the big bucks

Just watched that last night and enjoyed it.

Heard people were confused by all the different characters and shit going on in it. The only thing that happens in the entire movie is a portal opens and a race of barbarians come through and start a war.

Never played any of those games but I followed along with it just fine. Sure some of the names are weird, but it was on the same level of information dump as the first Lord of the Rings.

They're still big cartoon orcs, which means they look like shit next to real humans

I simply don't get how anyone could be confused by this. Misled orcs go to war due to shady warlock and humans defend themselves by trying to recruit their version of Gandalf. Not like it was War & Peace in Azeroth.

It sucked

They were confused because of how it was executed. With retarded unnecessary twists like Gul'dan promising Orgrim to give the Frostowlves fel power and then going "lol jk" and killing them all. Like what the fuck was the point of having that in the movie? Just have the Frostwolves leave or get exiled after Durotan dies. Or just follow the fucking game and have a straightforward war movie. Only twist you need is Medivh being the one behind it all