Has a film ever made you cry Sup Forums?

Has a film ever made you cry Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EOAcRKZxjy4
youtube.com/watch?v=C_NV3K-7ZkU
youtube.com/watch?v=9uWh-TlEQ4k
youtu.be/ECfvSmDe_-0
youtube.com/watch?v=7dFIz5ZG4DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2H4Q_aA4QiQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Logan

Yes

Yes, and increasingly more so the older I get

This

like a little bitch.

>All that city... You just couldn't see an end to it. The end, please, could you show me where it ends?

The end of Me Earl and the dying girl really got me...not when she died, that part was obvious, but it was when he found all those little things in her bedroom afterwords

stop being insecure. Nobody is judging you because you cry watching a film, the problem is you cry watching the latest turd hollywood shits out.

50/50

About Time

Insecure about what? What are you saying?

Your post makes no sense.

you know what I mean

does anyone else feel like they sort of can't cry anymore? unless they're wasted? last time I cried was because I was really drunk with a few people and someone played a certain song that really got to me because my uncle passed away on christmas. I didn't even cry when it happened on christmas.

last time I cried before that I can't even remember

hope u enjoyed my blog post

Your post makes no sense in reference to mine, so no, I don't know what you mean. Tis why I replied.

Nevermind.

>Yfw there were people in your cinema crying when he "died"
I liked the film but that kind of reaction is over the top

I dont cry much but when I do it will be at something really fucking random. Wish I could say my tears are only for the highest of literature. Last time I cried was during Ant-Man, the scene where hope finds out about her mom, she cries and hugs her dad. It was so sad!

where the wild things are

The great Gatsby was pretty close, when Daysi rips of her collar

sure Chomps when the robotic dog exploded after jumping out a window with a bomb in his mouth. of course I was like 3 or 4 at the time.

of all things an Adam sandler movie? seriously?

I cried like a fag too in that scene
also Punch Drunk Love, his best film

close

Not to mention the whole scene is fucking ridiculous

This for the most part, although nothing has really made me balk, but I've found myself getting more invested in the emotional bits of films as I get older and develop more empathy.
The closest I've come to crying in recent memory would be Children of Men, the scene with the ceasefire in particular.

absolutely this. i cry everytime

What a crybaby

youtube.com/watch?v=EOAcRKZxjy4

I wasn't ready.

the master
forrest gump
whats eating gilbert grape
the end of sons of anarchy

watching movies high is the best thing. i'm becoming a little bitch over the last few years but so what

Yeah, I remember never crying at anything until I turned like 23, now I cry at half the movies I watch

I cried while watching inside Out a few weeks ago I'm such a pussy

Stay degenerate

Yup. I would cry at every sad seen when I was a kid. But I lately gotten more control over it and rarely cry that much at them anymore. I do tear up all the time though.

I saw Logan is a small theater(only like 8 rows of 9) and some guy behind me was sniffling so loud that I started to laugh.

Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
>After a breakup

SYNECDOCHE, NEW YORK
>Always

ending gets me every time

This episode gets me every time.

hachiko

You don't say 'tis in reality you fucking autism.

>Synecdoche, New York

my nigga

The ending of Saving Private Ryan.

Band of Brothers too.

I didn't cry but I was very sad that it didn't have the usual happy ending I was expecting. I first watched it after a breakup and the final scene where Peck walks away from her helped me a lot.

Movies about pets or animals that die get me.
What was that cartoon one called back then? All dogs go to heaven?
Then that marley and me, Hachiko

This one came close.

Almost Famous Airport Scene

youtube.com/watch?v=C_NV3K-7ZkU

Quite a few, especially as I get older.
The most notable ones that come to mind are Logan, La La Land, Dead Poets Society, The Shawshank Redemption and E.T. as a kid.

I haven't cried since I was 14. I'm 23 now. There's been times where I've really, really wanted to cry, but I just can't. Grandpa dying, grandma dying, having to convince my dad not to commit suicide over the phone....

Sometimes I just want to bawl my eyes out but it's like my body has forgotten how.

Yes.

what's this?

death of a superhero
youtube.com/watch?v=9uWh-TlEQ4k

I cried at the end of Red Dawn

this one makes me cry just thinking about it for a few minutes too long

What's Eating Gilbert Grape
Saving Private Ryan
Band Of Brothers
Forrest Gump

There's others, I just can't think of them off the top of my head

Yep. Pic related ruined me

Green Mile
Click
Filth
The Night Before

>all right in the feels, I can't get through anything with a suicide in it.

>synecdoche
didn't make me cry just feel empty inside.

boko no midnight vicinity

youtu.be/ECfvSmDe_-0
For no apparent reasons, help me understand please, am I just a weak pussy

I cry at almost every movie i watch because i posses a terrifying ability to empathize at the drop of a hat. Ive cried at Battle L.A. and a myriad of other trash movies because i seem to always feel what the character is feeling. I also cry when something powerful happens, not just sad. I wept during the lord of the rings two towers film when the white wizards army was shown, it was breath taking.

Literally every single time

Loads. I'm a big softie and really easily moved.

Yeah, I sorta get this. You become more aware of and sympathetic to things, so scenes that wouldn't have affected you as much as a child or teenager have more impact as an adult.

Yes, first time I cried during a movie was at the end of Garden State.

Saving Private Ryan was on TV the other night, I haven't seen it in forever but that last scene of old Matt Damon in the cemetery was gay as hell. It felt like a scene out of a Michael Bay movie.

Band of Brothers has held up though,

After my father died 2 years ago I could have a real cry. It happened a couple of times in the coming 6 months that I started crying because of it. Once because of a sad song I heard that my father used to sing and play his guitar to, I was singing along and then I couldn't sing because I started crying. Another time was because of the funeral, talking to my very old grandfather and hearing his sadness about his son passing.
I didn't remember last time before that really, like I remember early teens crying, but since then a gap.
4 years ago I had a like two tears during my grandmothers funeral, but not anything else.

Before my father died I felt like I was barely physically capable of crying.

Can't say I've ever cried during a movie. Though my eyes have watered at a few. I can't think of what they were off the top of my head, but I have been moved by a few.

kek

More and more since I became a father.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. The Wind That Shakes the Barley, and I fucking hate Irish people.

Blue fucking Valentine

Atonement made me cry.

Does Boyhood have an impact on you?

I have no interest in ever having children so I generally treat Boyhood as the next closest thing.

The Iron Giant did when I was a kid

If we're talking about recently for some reason Tarkovsky's Solaris made me tear up a bit.

The last time I cried was the 29th of November. The morning my grandfather died. I remember a lot of those few days, and I'll share if anyone would like me to now that I'm thinking about it. If you'd like to feel with me I'll gladly share.

Yeah that's natural. When you're very young (like a teenager) you're usually an edgelord and when you get older you start becoming more empathetic

The poor fucker.

Don't think anything has really made me cry, some have come close though. Pic related when she's trying to save her daddy.

Once. When I was watching The Thin Red Line at the moment when they raided a village

The twighlight zone time enough at last or something like that.

I actually haven't watched it yet. I reckon I should. I do like Ethan Hawke.

Arrival was a tough watch, considering how it opens. My son was asleep on my chest when I started Fargo, and I cried when Vern died, knowing that he'd never meet his kid.

That Arrival opening scene is devastating.

Definitely check out Boyhood at some point. It's pretty wonderful.

>la strada

oh man. i lost it once the Fool was killed and Gelsomina went fugue. so. fucking. sad.

I'll check out Boyhood soon. Thanks.

Arrival really asked an interesting question about tragedy. If you knew how it was going to play out, would you still go through with it or prevent it to save an unborn life and yourself heartache? I asked my fiancee that and honestly neither of us could answer that. I cherish every moment with my son but if we ever lost him, we'd lose our will to live. He's literally the only reason I haven't killed myself (and her reason as well, as we're both depressed in general). Just such a heavy decision. I still don't have an answer and watched it a month ago. Great movie though.

Well said and a worthwhile perspective to hear for someone who has no interest in children.

Boyhood raises similar questions as it depicts adults growing older and regretting large parts of their life, the things they missed out on and the rapidity with which the grave approaches. The movie is all about trying to capture those moments of life that are worthwhile and the moments between parents and children in it, working towards an understanding or sharing some of those moments, are very beautiful and moving.

One of my favorite movies too

Jesus, as someone that regrets almost every moment of their life, this movie sounds like it'll ruin. I've got Netflix and it's on there so I'll watch in the next day or two. Thanks user. Sounds like it'll be an experience.

Les Misérables 2012
youtube.com/watch?v=7dFIz5ZG4DQ
I cried at the ending, specially seeing that priest that helped him at the begining.

I was kinda surprised they still could make nice movies like this one.

Yes, Chariots of fire, 100 meter run, the monologue during that.

>The bathroom scene

Fucking hell that movie was rough sometimes

youtube.com/watch?v=2H4Q_aA4QiQ every damn time, i can hold up, but when Aragorn says "My fiends, you bow to no one" i fucking lose it

seven pounds and the fault in our stars both made me cry like a fucking baby

fuck those movies they ruined me inside

Seven Pounds was fucking awful mate

me too user

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me made me cry. That movie is pretty emotionally draining.

I don't think I actually cried, but I came damn close to it.

Yes

Your Name did

Kind of a cliche answer, but Dear Zachary.

Also Lars and the Real Girl