Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SpBv5IGgKsU
youtube.com/watch?v=MrHoMSRZOS4
youtube.com/watch?v=m6U9T3R3EQg
youtube.com/watch?v=PjCA3zEbN-A
youtube.com/watch?v=5lmN0Pc2ttY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

we need more brutal films like this desu

Be honest guys, what's it about and is it worth watching?

You guys keep telling me to watch stuff and it's always shit.

nukes fly
there is no mad max
life sucks

yeah it's a hard watch. Brilliant though, isn't it/

Is it, dare I say, kino?

maybe
certainly sticks in your head for a while

probably one of the bleakest films I've ever seen. once the nukes fall it's just all out human suffering for the remainder of the running time.

>Documentary-style account of a nuclear holocaust and its effect on the working class city of Sheffield, England, and the eventual long-term effects of nuclear war on civilization.

That does sound quite memorable

If you didn't see Threads in school, you didn't have a childhood.

In fact you probably won't have a future.

good but not brilliant

It's probably the definitive post-nuke kino (maybe When the Wind Blows is a worthy challenger).

Though it shows its age a bit now, its imagery in things like melting milk bottles and the minutiae of destruction is very striking

also this must have been some real shit to watch at the height of the Cold War. I know the threat never left, but to watch this when it seemed like it could happen any day would have made me kill myself.

okay i'll watch it, fuck

the most depressing thing about Threads is that it's set in the UK

I'm not surprised seeing it would be too much for Americans

My schooling was late 80's. We had Look and Reed, Kes, and Geordie bloody Racer.

I bet you're one of them weird older 70's kids that listened to Pink Floyd and Dire Straits

Threads haunted my thoughts for about 3 days after watching. It's very upsetting.

Pic related, Charlie Brooker's Halloween costume.

it's the definitive nuke-kino

>UKinanutshell

youtube.com/watch?v=SpBv5IGgKsU

Watched it at school. The world population was only about 3 billion and we did the whole under the table crap. To adverts telling you how to take doors off and make a safety hiding space in your house leaning up against a structural wall etc.

Was odd, but too young to really get the fear

Reminder: If a bomb drops and shit starts collapsing, don't hide under the fucking table. The house will collapse on you, you faggots. The safest place is OUTSIDE. Get everyone OUT.

Take a look

wtf is this?

I click on a random point on the video and the first thing I see is Manchester City Center with overly dramatic music

shit, might as well go outside and die in a pure nuclear fire
not really worth to suffer from radiation or hunger afterwards

Our contemporary nuclear holocaust oeuvre was The Day After.

ofcourse, threads is fantastic, it really is brilliantly made and shows one hell of a memorable event

but i would argue that this is better.

cannot say this with enough meaning

IF YOU LIKED THREADS, WATCH THIS.

think of it as more of a documentary and "factual" than threads, less focus on some storys of people, even MORE about the bleak horrifying facts of a nuclear war.

youtube.com/watch?v=MrHoMSRZOS4

Is there a release with pic related quality? The DVD looks like shit.

Ah, well if it's a nuke you can hide wherever you want. It wont make a difference.

Might aswell go out and enjoy the suntan.

I really expected worse from all the threads and what I saw online

Still pretty grimm but it's not that shocking now. When it came out though, I guess it was pretty terrifying

xD omg strianger theings! :-)

Post yfw the last six seconds of the film

pls don't out my age

This album is required listening before watching Threads btw

>when you sound like a bigger faggot than the people you take issue with

watching now because of this thread

UK fucking sucks, I've been trying to get a job for 4 years and haven't got shit, just "we'll let you know" aye right you fuds

Shiet

yeah, you had to have seen it as a kid when it came out on tv

i watched it a few years back and it didn't do much for me

Its also fucking bullshit. 2600 surface and stratosphere nuclear tests have been done since 1946
Nuclear war is no big deal. Maybe we should start one already so people can see how harmless it is.

If youve ever been to the uk youd know that a nuke or two would be a improvement

Why don't I remember this guy, weird...

>Nuclear war is no big deal. Maybe we should start one already so people can see how harmless it is.

where do you people come from?

Who knows?

t. scientist

Obviously nukes won't destroy the world, they're not asteroid strikes or supervolcano levels of destructive - but they are too destructive for conventional warfare.
A war using nukes would wipe away cities, such power should never be used liberally.

Fuck off there's loads of jobs. You must be a retard.

dude whats the problem lmao? just drop the powerful weapons every made as much as we want?

like really, what could a nuclear weapon do over washington or new york? we would just fix everything in a few years

Remember lads, protect and survive.
Chilling as fuck, I remember the booklets in the library.

>You CAN protect your family

youtube.com/watch?v=m6U9T3R3EQg

It's about what's going to happen with cheeto puff swinging his dick around the white house

digging the post-irony

>le drumpf will cause ww3 maymay

Threads is good, but Fail-Safe is true /nukekino/

update: oh my fucking god

>go to visit the Kelvedon cold war era nuclear bunker
>they are showing this in one of the rooms

Chilling is right mate

Nuclear war is the only thing that scares me and I find Threads terrifying!!!FACT!!!

Why not? Just get it over with. Like get it out the system.
I can see nukes being used in conventional warfare.
Nuclear winter is a meme and so is fallout. Nobody was bothered by the fallout from the nukes in the nevada desert or in the soviet union

imagine if most of the population centers of europe were covered in fallout, the radiation. ignoring the fire, the damage and the general destruction of everything we would need to live our life

the effects it would have on peoples health would cripple our way of life

you dont fucking understand anything you moron

youre comparing singular tests done in the fucking desert to a massive strike aimed globally at population, military and industrial centers

I'm an hour and 20 minutes into this film cos of this post and this is by far the grimmist thing i've ever seen. Fucks sake, it's raw.

Doomsday broadcast.

i'm 20 minutes ahead of you and have a spoiler: it doesn't get better

Oh no guys what if our disgusting worthless world ended? This is like so sad so chilling. I want a nuclear bomb to drop on me right now

I forget. Was the Threads the nuke movie where at the end The guy wanders back to his blown out house and finds a starving family trying to live in its remains, and he yells at them to leave because its his home, but then breaks down crying

I've tried to find this online, but it seems to be pretty obscure.

www.imdb.com/name/nm1856457/

They could make a TV show about Threads.

Like same location and time except every episode would be a new character, starting from 'day 0' to whenever.

Episdodes could be an hour and by the end, 99% of the cast die.

the 1% live on, in misery.

Special two part episodes for those ones that survive when they slowly die of lukemia/old in a cold hut they made in the forests.

Could be intresting?

Not yet, OP's pic is a publicity still. Would be nice if the BFI gave it an HD remaster like they did for Alan Clarke's TV films.

desu, Shareblue, go back to Univision

They already did. It's called The Walking Dead, but instead of nukes it's zombies.

Let's wait until after Trump is out of office. Hate to see Threads get bogged down with the same tired divisive political garbage that's infested everything.

Sounds like an amalgam of several scenes from Threads. It also sounds like a far more cheerful version of Threads.

Just finished it. Yeah you were right, it gets harsher, the the last shot made my feel sick. It's a great movie, best depiction of the breakdown of society i've ever seen, but i don't think i can watch that again.

The War Game is 10x more depressing desu. They literally didn't air it because they thought it would make people kill themselves.

No that's the American one. Threads ends with the main chicks child giving birth to a kid of her own

No that's The Day After. Pretty good flick.

There'd be enough material to do that, but if the show would retail the rawness and extended suffering i don't think a tv show would be the best format. I could barely make it through the movie as it was. And i mean that as a compliment.

the very last scene was just scarring, I had managed to pull through the film with a combination of distant sadness an unnerving sensation as the chance of a nuclear war closing up again. But the very last scene of the girl just silent as she's being handed her... Well, it was effectively horrifying.

10/10 Nuclear War Kino

I still remember watching that on TV when I was a kid. Really fucked me up for a while.

>every disaster movie of every type has been made as a big Hollywood blockbuster
>some disasters that are totally concocted
>no Hollywood movie has been made of an even moderately realistic and honest depiction of nuclear war from a normal person's perspective

I genuinely believe it's being held back from being made, every movie has been made but this one and it would really make people want to avert from war.

What happens then? The guy's sister or something has a miscarriage right?

>carefully controlled tests in unpopulated areas designed to not cause damage are the same thing as weapons of mass destruction deployed in highly populated areas and designed to cause as much damage as possible

You're some special kind of a retard, kid.

Miracle Mile (1988)
Have fun.

it really wasn't as terrifying as you people make it out to be

it was psychologically and emotionally brutal but the only brutality I saw was the hospital scene. oh, and check out The War Games if you haven't it's more of the same

It's not meant to be terrifying. It's just a scarily realistic depiction of the utter grimness and mundane horror of what-if the nukes dropped.

The fact it's set in a boring working class city with average people somehow makes it soul-crushingly worse.

Watch the fake live nuclear war broadcasts on YouTube if you really want to be terrorized:

Watch the fake live nuclear war broadcasts on YouTube if you really want to be terrorized:

That synth music is bone-chilling.
American nuke preparation is practically Fallout-tier cheery.

been meaning to see this one but haven't found a good copy anywhere.

Good suggestion. I still don't understand why he went to save that loser woman he just kinda liked

cuck mentality

That's backwards, the Fallout ones have their tone lifted directly from the real-life US information broadcasts.

>that feel when you live in an insignificant, tiny country between US and Russia that could be deleted with a single nuke

Jesus fucking christ that second one. I knew it was fake and i skipped to 32 minutes, but i'm still freaked out

Watching the second one right now.

This shit feels too real, man.

Its really not that spooky tho

to be fair I was drunk and watching it with friends and laughing at it though

it might give you a fright if you are sober and alone, I guess.

But seriously who the fuck is left shaken by a movie

Yeah you can tell its in the UK because they let themselves be rounded up into death/labor camps by the army and just resolve to starve to death instead of raiding the food supply depots and let their houses be given away to random people

In the US we would use our guns and have a post nuke wasteland of FREEDOM

Major metropolitan areas would realistically be pretty low on the target list

Nuking an enemy's civilian population wouldn't do shit to their offensive capacities. If shit really hit the fan you would be more preoccupied with hitting what could hit you. Killing civilians would only waste time and piss the enemy off more

>not going as vince to complement your huqfu

shamefur dispray

The theme of both of these movies is "Dont trust your government" to save you right?

Everyone in threads is left to die or put into slavery

The retarded old people in Wind just are left to die with no help coming as they put blind faith in the State to fix it for them