Why has Sup Forums let canada off the hook so easily?

why has Sup Forums let canada off the hook so easily?

why aren't you all still laughing at them

Nobody cares about hockey

Nobody cares about hockey. Also, Canada is a joke in and of itself.

BUT EVERYONE HATES CANADA

Nobody cares about canada

Because we will kick anyone's ass for making fun of our baby bro

imagine being this mad

No NHL players or prospects were allowed so the entire tournament is a joke. Imagine if the Soccer World Cup didn't have any players who were employed by European or South American clubs. That's basically the equivalent.

Please don't send any nhl players ever. I'm looking forward to another 4-0.

Your country didn't win anything though. Russia has literally never won a gold medal in olympic hockey.

Russians won a lot tho.

Definitely. Those USSR teams that dominated back in the day because the Soviets pretended their adult players weren't professional in order to circumvent Olympic rules and beat the shit out of American/Canadian teenagers were very successful. And of course most of them were ethnically Russian. But I think it's kind of funny nonetheless that Russia, as an actual legal entity, has never won gold.

>why has Sup Forums let canada off the hook so easily?
because Sup Forums sucks now apparently. i leave for a few years and now your shitty mods have completely destroyed the culture here. fucking gay

>American/Canadian
There is a difference actually. NHL participated in 5 olympics. Canadians won 3 gold medals. Americans won 0.

Lol I'm not questioning Canadian achievements in the slightest. They're the top hockey nation, the top NHL players tend to be Canadian, and I don't think anyone would ever dispute that. I'm only saying that Russia has never won a gold medal.

Also, Soviets managed to win one Canada Cup. 8-1 against Canada in the final. Were those Canadians also teenagers? I suppose not.

no one cares about hockey

>Russia has never won a gold medal
Yeah, you have repeated it quite a few times now.

Yeah, it's fun to write. Russia has never won a gold medal.

Hockey team has 20 players. Canada has 420 players in the NHL. So that was at best Canada's V team. I'm saying at best because prospects weren't allowed to go and (I think, not 100% sure on that) AHLers either. So that team literally wasn't on the alphabet.

That being said given the stage it still kinda hurts. But only kinda. For me >the absolute state of the Montreal Canadiens hurts far more then whatever the amateur team did at the Olympics.

>(I think, not 100% sure on that) AHLers either
AHLers on 2-way contracts couldn't go. Shame for some guys that would've been fun to see there.

Now that's a woman. I'd wife her up and let her raise my children.

That's too much salt

She won't be on the next team. Not because of that stunt but because she's almost 30 and that's when the steady decline hits. Most of Canada's top 9 forwards are in their mid to late 20s already so some sort of turnover has to occur. Let them retire, have kids, get into coaching whatever just let them retire and fill the system with new blood.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yea, in a shootout

Nobody gives a fuck about the Winter Olympics

>not liking winter olympics

Shootouts be damned but the real factor was the inconsistent reffing from a one Katarina Timglas who seemed to hold some sort of a grudge against Canada (she lost to them in 06). She'd call soft things all night for both teams and then miss obvious calls (poulin hitting decker) Reffing in general has been shit in a variety of sports for several years now and it would not surprise me in the least if some sort of gambling was at play. I can accept U.S.A winning because they were the best team the whole game but don't tell me for a second that half of those calls were penalties in N.A because they quite simply aren't

Because this Olympic tournament has a giant asterisk beside it. Every team not named OAR had amateurs and NHL washups.

the entire point of hockey is to shoot pucks into a net. that's what you do in a shootout. I thought Canada was good at shooting pucks? :^)

>muh refpuck
SEETHING

both of these desu

>Wakefield getting a penalty because the U.S player can't balance on skates
>3 instances where the Cnadain forecheckers were impeded going into the Corner
>Poulin blindsiding Decker in front and the ref's ignoring it because they can't follow the rulebook

If the U.S had any of these instances happen to them they would have freaked out 10x worse than us never mind the fact the U.S has a history with bias reffing in Salt Lake City.

>points out a bad call that would have gone in the Americans favor and drastically changed the game
>lol seething Canadian

canada has a reputation, earned in the 70s and 80s, of dishing out cheap shots when they needed a boost or were getting out-skilled.
guess the refs still watch out for that.

I said before that the U.S outplayed Canada the entire game but having a inexperienced european ref dictate the pace of play in the first period by thinking Canada was going to goon it up is absurd. I give credit to the U.S for atleast taking advantage of the PP's though. Canada had their best goalscorer 40 feet from the net the entire tournament and couldn't get shit done. Canada and the U.S both play hard and sometimes that leads to physical play but not every bump is a penalty. They both hate eachother for 60mins but the rest of the year they play on the same teams. Nobodies trying to kill eachother (except maybe poulin on decker) oh well, good game nonetheless though

SEETHING
E
E
T
H
I
N
G

they outplayed canada in the first game too, but lacasse stood on her head.

>For me >the absolute state of the Montreal Canadiens
HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHHAHHA
t. wongs fan