Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hFF5D2o0_tw
youtu.be/eOULQZ0qRUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=A5CJw93QiXE
youtube.com/watch?v=KFbaQC6kFJg
youtube.com/watch?v=_5z_4wgvXrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because he drives

It sets itself apart from any other film, I've seen it 10+ times, and ever since the first time I saw it I still can't put my finger on what it is or why it's so special. It just is.

It's not. The soundtrack is good. The movie is a medium for the playing of a good soundtrack.

>tfw you watched this film 20 times

I only wish I was lying, it's so comfy....

>comfy
That it is my friend, that is is.
Yet it's derived from a book and has the most captivating romantic scenes I've ever seen in any other movie, perfect cast, it's always like the children's book that never gets bashed, or a perfect fairy tale, you always can tell what happens, and when, and that's why it's so satisfying to watch too. On top of all of that Ryan Gosling plays the driver so well, he IS the Driver in Drive, who drives.

Bump

ITT: Movies Sup Forums tricked you into watching

its hard to explain

Only the opening sequence is good. The rest is trash. You know this is true. And I'm not even trying to be contrarian.

the only good thing about the movie is the kavinsky song and ryan gosling
the movie is shit

Because it wasn't.

But, nice try.

Is that you Driveanon?

Oh there you are. I thought you were OP lel

Lmao all good how are you
There's so much more to this movie than just Kavinsky's great soundtrack
My opinion may appear biased due to my name but this movie is much more than it seems
Underrated
Lol did I ever tell you guys the story of when I first saw a drive poster/trailer?
I understand you're not being contrarian or baiting or anything, and I appreciate you stating this too, but there's so so many better scenes than just the intro to this movie.
>when Bernie last meets with Shannon
>the supermarket
>that color grading on all the food packages
>the stunt driver mask scene outside nino's pizzeria
And much much more.

I'll watch the movie again, but I was really disappointed on the movie
I expected something different, or at least something more

Tbh. It popped up on a streaming site. It was the first time in a long time that I had no expectations for a movie because I hadn't even heard of or seen the trailer for it. I was pleasantly surprised, but it is not a good repeat viewing.

What exactly did you expect, like what more did you expect from drive? I'm not asking that to be a dick I'm 100% serious. I felt empty too in the end, but I realized you're supposed to feel that, I truly believe you're supposed to feel sad at the end, but also happy that Irene is okay and that he made such a sacrifice

>sees a Drive thread
>tfw Driveanon

Please give me a (you), driveanon. You and your Kino is based

This and Enemy are the two best films in the last 8 years or so.

I must confess I'm a huge kavinsky/retro synthwave fanboy so I thought this was going to be the best movie ever for me.
I realized it wasn't then I watched the movie to see how it was, but it felt like it was too generic and with nothing special

Like I said I want to see it again to have a more accurate opinion

Why are you so autistic about this film?

Is the Under Your Spell scene one of the most masterfully crafted scene of cinema?

I also feel like you have to watch it, and really really really like it, to enjoy watching it more than once. Like absolutely love it, to where it gives you that feeling...that feeling it's almost indescribable....like butterflies or love. Drive was really a work of art within itself. I love Ryan Gosling. And I love you Sup Forums I love you as a fucking whole, I love you Matt, I love you michael, Ryan, Alex, William, daniel, whatever your name is out there, especially you Tyrone if you come across this.
I love you and I'm not sure if that Pepe is a good thing but I think it's a smile. :)
I love you user, I appreciate it so much, I'll link some now since you mentioned it.
Love you too, I'm an average jakey G jake the snake fan so I wanna give it a watch soon even though I know the ending and understand most of it...creepy, but awesome
And I love you, user especially for being a fan of said genre, please give drive another watch again...and keep us in your mind, soul, and heart.
And for all of you Sup Forums

youtu.be/hFF5D2o0_tw

Thank you.

Triple dubs master, this movie changed my life, I've never felt anything about Drive.
>autistic
Lmao if I had a dollar for every time
God knows, we could all be autistic for all we know.
Plus it's a beautiful film if I may add on top of that and it defined a year or two of my life for sure, especially since I wanted to be just like the Driver.
Definetly one of the most moving scenes, makes you feel as if you're stuck there, it's kinda like a dream sequence...like you're just suspended in the air, living the moment, watching their feelings, feeling the drivers pain, Irene's regret, and Standards short, but satisfying quote.
"Second chances are rare and that's something worth celebrating"
He's a modest and honest character willing to make a change
And hiis small amount of redemption his character deserved. It felt needed. It didn't introduce him as a scumbag either, it introduced standard as a happy man, he wanted to come back and do right, watch his kid, love his wife, it almost makes the driver seem like a villain for a moment, you feel for everyone in this film, you feel every persons first line, down to their last breath. Refn is truly the Shakespeare of art house cinema and book-movie adaptations...and anything with neon in it.

I've watched and enjoyed Scorpio Rising, and recently I started listening to Nightfall and related tracks, enjoying them all. The Nightfall track reminds me of the "Playground Love" track by Air, for the Virgin Suicides. I even know that this movie has been a meme for some time. Yet I have never read the wiki, or even seen the film.

I feel as if there is something virgin, unspoilt, waiting for me to try it and like it.

Wait do you mean Vallhall Uprising?
Yes, watch it, now. It is unspoilt, sit down with your chalice in hand and pretzels or whatever food you prefer and enjoy this in the comfiest chair you own too.

>not mentioning the party scene with Goose fixing some car part and then meeting Standard in the hallway
>not mentioning the waterfront setting up of the heist

also again
>only the opening sequence
M E M O R A B L E
Not the only good scene. Memorable, just like the ending, and the elevator scene, but not the ONLY good scene, this whole movie may feel like just one good scene, but some may also argue that some scenes are better than others. Although that may seem true in some cases, the movie does carry an equal amount of good in it.

Also the music works in so many levels in this scene. It speaks the minds of the driver and Irene (you keep me under your spell, etc). It starts off as background music to the party but then becomes a the underscore of the scene to tell us more about Irene and the Driver. It then becomes the party music again. All of this is done so masterfully it is really hypnotic. god I love this movie so much.

whoops I meant "Nightcall" kek

I would've mentioned the part fixing scene on his desk, but when you think about it, it wasn't also really the focal point, it was at one point of the scene but not the beginning. You do feel the Drivers pain, you know they're partying next door and he didn't go for obvious reasons, you know he feels lonely, and you know he's thinking of her, and so is she of him.
Plus music and all that makes the scene what it is.
>I can't eat
>I can't sleep
The waterfront scene was good, but it just puts you in a mood, like a "LETS DO THIS" like you're ready for them to do the job, fix the deal, pay the debt, whatever, but you know danger awaits, so you're just kinda stuck with your fists clenched, instilling your hate into this new character "Cook" and hating him, also being introduced to Blanche and realizing what tools they have, and WHO is robbing the pawn shop, and WHO is helping the Driver. Also all height memes aside, you can see Standard's height, he appears so so much shorter than everyone else, almost like it's impossible to do this on his own. He NEEDS the Driver to help him, he NEEDS to pay that debt and although the Driver is "against the odds" "of dystopic claims"
"It's not the thoughts his actions entertain" For he, has proved to be, a real human being, and a real hero.
>tfw real hero might be the new get on the floor and do the dinosaur

Literally what you said. I love it too, Thank god Chris Stuckmann helped babby drive lover mean turn into the true driver lover I am now.

i didnt mean the fixing part specifically just that scene with under your spell playing but yes

Thank you...
Does anyone else have friends that make fun of them for liking Drive

I'm pretty quiet with my Drive love, only expressing it thru my love of a good Henley. I did redpill some friends on the Neon Demon so that was cool

I'm not a big fan of Drive, but the scenes with these two I couldn't help but smile. I think the Director got it perfect. It's like you're waiting for one of them to burst out laughing at any moment, they're almost out-takes. It's exactly how it is when you meet a new girl, fall in-love and look them in the eye. You wanna laugh out loud but not look like a dick, so you kinda act cool and wing it. He looks exactly how I think I look when I'm with a new lass, even though I definitely don't look anywhere near as cool or handsome.

Hits me right in the fucking feels

hey man do you like gaspar noe?

cont...

They're talking about you boy

It's good for a number of reasons. Here are five of them.

1. Aesthetics. This is a beautiful film. The cinematography and lighting are amongst some of the greatest of the decade.

2. Storytelling & pacing. Refn does a fantastic job of building tension, exploring character relationships, and setting up intense action sequences by "showing" and not "telling".

3. Structure. This film is one of two perfect modern and updated Westerns alongside No Country for Old Men. In fact I may place Drive ahead of NCFOM in that category because its exploration of the Western genre is far more subtle and yet faithful to the form.

4. Explosive action. Perfect car chases and perfectly executed violence make for an incredibly visceral and exciting film.

5. Soundtrack. A sweet and saccharine electronic soundtrack contrasted with intense scoring by Cliff Martinez and some oddball choices that work fantastically in context—this film just sounds great.

What exactly does redpill mean? and tfw same with my Henley too :)
it felt...so natural
just looked him up and it jogged my memory, unfortunately I've never seen his two, well what seems to be, biggest films, Irreversible and Enter the Void, but I did hear good things about ETV...and irreversible seems a little uncomfortable to watch..how is it? So far I've seen the fire extinguisher scene...thankfully not the other one that sets the whole thing in motion in the first place.. I do like the concept of it, I just wanna see it and watch how it turns out and what leads to what.
It really almost feels like you are just watching two human beings interact, but perfectly, especially when he grabs his coat and begins to leave.
Also nothing better than that Terminator like noise that plays after every transition
>BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

100% completely agree on everything you said, especially the action I never really touch upon, everyone treats the true focal points of action and violence in this film as the elevator scene or the hotel scene. To me never would I have thought a strip club scene would look nice? You know, not dirty, almost like everything sits still when the Driver steps in, like whatever the fuck was happening just stopped, everyone stopped talking and just watched and waited till he left, like he had so much control..nobody even questioned it. But before I get carried away, the action and violence for sure felt real and exciting

Yeah I love how Refn contrasts realistic sequences (particularly the relationship material highlighted in this thread) with dream-like sequences like the strip club.

driveanon, can you post some more drive related images please?

Like I said, like a fairytale. Or a kids book, idk there's so much...
Ofccourse dude, I have so much more on my laptop back home :) so this summer I'll definetly dump all of my green texts and posters and pics and what not...peep my poster in my room first tho ;)
Also here's my short film I made, because you get terribly bored when you go away for college. Let me know what you guys think. And subscribe I guess :^)

youtu.be/eOULQZ0qRUQ

Probably one of the nicest posters I've seen with that retro feel, just wish it wasn't so cartoony

finally my videos are relevant again

youtube.com/watch?v=A5CJw93QiXE

youtube.com/watch?v=KFbaQC6kFJg

It's patrician cinema, that's why.

WHat does that mean?

this is in my guilty pleasure list, I dont have it completely figured but it kinda goes:

John Wick 1+2
Drive
Valhalla Rising
Suicide Squad
Capn America Winter Soldier

last 2 are pleb taste Im sure but I like them

>Capn America Winter Soldier
Is that the movie with the flying nigger or was he only in the sequel?

ITT: plebeians

lets make a spinoff

I still haven't seen Valhalla rising...is it that good

I only like the intro song to it, the rest of the movie is autism.

youtube.com/watch?v=_5z_4wgvXrw

Everyone likes disrespecting this game

Did you guys put every Adam Sandler movie ever made on this list?

Le Samouraï > Drive

Alain Delon > Ryan Gosling

DONT YOU DARE

>vice city vibe
>autistic mysterious but capable protaganist

Yeah I've noticed that he seems like he can't function in society...but manages to plunge a curtain rod or towel rack through a dudes throat...idk I'm not not in anyway shape or form doubting the character devolopment, design, or acting in this movie but I know the book definitely helps you ease into understanding why he is the way he is

Bump

THanks so much

DAmn

Its hard to explain.
Everything is done right,and it feels like home when watching it.

It's a little thing but there's something to be said for how much is conveyed through facial expressions. Like people make fun of the Driver for having very little dialogue but he speaks volumes with just his face alone and conveys emotion more effective than any dialogue could.
The way the story flows is also pretty incredible. The plot shifts heavily a couple of times but it's done in such a way that you don't really notice because it's all about the Driver's care for Irene and Benicio.
It's just really effective storytelling, make for a very watchable movie.

I drive my wife's son to school

>trying to fit in this hard by being contrarian