ITT: Books that you'd like to see adapted into a TV series or movie

ITT: Books that you'd like to see adapted into a TV series or movie

Piers Anthony's Xanth

Mark Walhberg wanted to do an Amory Wars movie but I don't think it ever got past the preliminary stage.

bump

This seems lame.

Would make for a good adventure film, never read anything beyond the Chronicles Trilogy but enjoyed it for what it was

How is this series OP? I like ASOIAF and Malazan but I've heard conflicting things about this

I personally like it because I'm a sucker for military fantasy

I enjoyed it, mainly because it felt like a high fantasy world through the perspective of some NPC mooks.

Well, the first few books anyway. And not counting One-Eye and Goblin, fucking mages.

What is this Mickey Mouse bullshit I see before my very eyes?

Fucking Dragonlance, Kenders, and Raistlin. Worst D&D setting ever.

The Discworld novels. Each and every one in chronological order of release. One a year for thirty years then after the last one I kill myself.

It's more like dark fantasy w/ anti heroes. But it's good. It's not as in depth as Malazan, but nothing is. Interesting characters though. It's worth a read.

If you like the parts of Malazan involving the marines, you'll like the Black Company.

I love this series so much

I feel like it covers all the bases, magic, emotional shit, action etc.
The magic might be a bit hard to represent though.

It's not particularly well written and quite edgy, enjoyable enough though.

I came here to post this. Dog shit like harry potter gets made but not dragonlance?

Also when will DRIZZERT get a movie?

The Black Company
That scene when they encounter, capture and then rape a brigade of women fighters (the enemy they were invading being that desperate). All while Croaker just sits in his tent recording the company's annals: "and today we raped a company of women".

If they do the scene where Bayaz gives a big fuck you to the closed council it would be my all time favorite.

I think the standalone novels would be great as movies, especially "Best Served Cold."

Dragonlance got a cartoon with Jack Bauer voicing Raistlin

Was 'Best Served Cold' the one with the sandwich inventor or the edgy strong female character?

>Also when will DRIZZERT get a movie?

its like a much more simple version of malazan, if you like malazan you'll probably like it.

What if I don't like Malazan at all?

Strong female lead.

Based Whirrun of Blergh or whatever the fuck for making inventing a sandwich in the subsequent book (The Heroes???), I liked that one too.

The books are all just a blur to me, it's probably Heroes, I doubt it's Red Country.
I think Red Country was all about the mad mercenary guy wasn't it?

Read some Robin Hobb.

go read your harry potter tumblr

I recently read The First Law and am now reading The Black Company.
I'd love to see either of these as a movie if they could do them justice.

>Robin Hobb.
I hate her. Her characters are written like morons.

For the YOI crowd.

What's the matter user, you don't like drizzit?

>sjw author
but books are decent.

If you're talking about Cosca or Ninefingers, yeah.

And also known for shoehorning in old characters for no logical reason. "LOL its our old friend we haven't seen in 16 years! remember when we assassinated a bunch of people together? okay bye"

Then said guy comes up to the main character from the first trilogy, traversing this vast desert to find him, and he's like "lol jk bye"

Fuck, First Law series is so wonky.

I loved Drizz't... when I was 12.

Even made a D&D character based off him in a Drow campaign. MUH DUEL WIELD AND ALSO IM A GOOD GUY HEHEHE NOTHIN PERSONELL, KIDDOS

Thankfully he died right quick.

So is Stephen King, but I still like his stuff. It's not super present in his writing, so I couldn't care less.

>if they could do them justice

Spoiler allert: they wouldnt.

I need JeanXLocke right now

Dindu Company

Drizzle Doh'Apostrophe was actually something new when he first came out. At least for the D&D books which had been very cookie cutter up till then. He's become overused and too Mary Sueish since.

Anything by Sanderson is basically already anime without the tits, so it should be an easy adaptation.

You're everything wrong in the world

Black Company was a good company dey didn du nuffin they good boys the rape and pillage was for plunder to go to college they was SORCEROR KANGZ n shiet never 4get the 6 miollion who died n the 7 who survived to rebuild, pour some mead out 4 the dead homies

Which characters?
Fitz does a lot of stupid overemotional/stubborn shit, but I wouldn't say he's a moron.

Any news on when the next one is coming?
His depression keeps postponing it.

Yeah it really is.

Imagine the visuals though. Evil rivendell on acid would be spectacular.

I know. That's the sad part about these sorts of things.
It's fun to imagine and all, but you just know they'd manage to fuck it up somehow.
Hell, for First Law, I'd probably be happy if they could just do Logan Ninefingers right.

Stop digestposting. It's super narcissistic and inconvenient for readers.

Stop digestposting.

>replying to people is bad
>splitting up the message so that people can see whats being targeted to them is bad

Are you autistic?

Dude's straightforward, pretty much Conan with D&D berserker rage. Didn't he talk to spirits a total of like.. one time? What was the point of that shit.

I'd be more interested to see how they do Gorst.

None of that is implied.

Individual messages should have individual responses, such as we are doing right now. It's the best way to communicate.

This format is not well-suited to broadcasting.

Yes, I am autistic, but I'm also right.

What's some good "sci fi" books that have the tone of fantasy? I love good characterization and I feel like fantasy is just better in that regard.

>individual messages should have individual responses

To plebbit with you, you fucking autist.

>implying anyone on Sup Forums likes digestposting
At best it is tolerated but it's really kind of an attention whoring thing, one five-foot step away from tripfagging.

Yeah, no. YOU go to Reddit. You go there.

>replying to people is attention whoring
>i speak for Sup Forums

Mate, sort yourself out.
Were you never told that it is rude to ignore people who are speaking to you?
I wouldn't expect an autistic spaz, like you, to understand social norms though.

Replying to people is OK, but multiple responses in one post? Who do you think you are?

Social norms dictate that you respond to one person at a time.

You don't really have an argument.

It can be done.

I think it was like three times.
But through most of the books he's a pretty chill guy, he just keeps getting pulled into shit.
And portraying his personality shift when he goes berserk would be important I think. He doesn't just go into a blind rage. He keeps some sense about him. He doesn't just lash out instinctually, but sees himself as this invincible death dealing machine.

Even ignoring le subtext the straightforward events are entertaining enough

It's a videogame but i think it would make a great movie

You are literally an autistic kid splerging out because something isn't 100% how you like it.
I don't really give a shit about your opinion.
No one cares if you do multiple replies in one post, in fact many of us prefer it because it prevents spam.
Also, do you expect me to wait for the timer so that I can reply to three people?
No thanks.

>all these trash genre fiction fags

Jesus Christ.

I couldn't stand Malazan, and Black company is in my top ten, easily a classic series.

You have made some excellent points. Thanks for your series of singular responses. We've had fun communicating one-on-one, haven't we? You're welcome to your opinion, and good-bye.

what do you expect from the worst board on Sup Forums, they eat capeshit like it's necessary for survival

Genre fiction is the easiest to adapt into film, idiot

"genre fiction" is normally called literature

Who'll have the balls to make Blood Meridian?

As someone who read all three and enjoyed them...

Those books are incredibly trashy

>i cant wait to see an infinite jest film adaptation

Why is there a Black Company thread when there was, within the past week, an announcement about the Wheel of Time becoming a television series developed by the same studio behind Breaking Bad?

Nice job, Hiro. Really great administration

Stirling can't write characters very well but the plot is great and it's well researched.

The Nantucket series would make for a very cool tv series, as would the first three Emberverse books (after that, he's just milking readers for the shekels).

This would make a great premium cable tv series.

Yeah I'm sure that's why there are a lot more adaptation of the classics and proper literature which include some of the best films ever made. But have fun with your shitty escapist fantasies written by 12 year old prose stylist for neckbeards.

I hate niggers.

Unfilmable as live action. Could be done as animation but with the Murrican 'lol cartoons are for kids' mentality it will probably bomb. I don't think teenagers or (((that site))) crowd will appreciate it - too oldfashioned for them, and not in a cool hipster way. And I'd hate to see anyone try to (((update))) Sir Terry's stuff.

How is Discworld old fashioned? The first couple, sure, but the rest age very well

>Hobb
After GoT would seem like Jon Snu rip-off

What is YOI?

I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been tried

While there are some strong womyn, in the earlier 10 or so books they are more like comic relief. And not enough diversity. And it's prety obvious that the author supports 'traditional' values - he even makes fun of feminism and suff sometimes.

proper literatue is boring as fuck tgere I said it.

>nobody posted this yet

I'm a bit dissapointed tbqh lads.

Pratchett was a liberal humanist throughout, he just enjoyed mocking people from all over. You're exaggerating the chance that there'd be any real criticism for social reasons

>4-5 hours long, a majority is just long shots of the gang riding in front of almost unbelievable landscapes
>Little to no music
>R rated

>You will learn to fear the power of the one eyed stranger. Coming this summer 2017 to a theater near you. Starring Jake Gyllenhall as Garth One-Eye.

I like the first books of the series, so I don't want it to be raped in a TV series.

They should try with things like the Name of the Wind, since shows with Mary Sues are popular, and the writer will never finish the whole thing anyway, so the screenwriters can make as many seasons as they like.

This and Adventures of Garret.

ples

40kino

you're clearly from reddit and you have the audacity to come here and give people shit for "digest posting"? Fuck off.

>one five-foot step away
dipshit

Shame his daughter who was given, basically, creative control of the universe is a raging SJW hack writer who doesn't even have the capacity to understand his worldview.

>not wanting to see a smiling Glokta torture people whilst he ponders the choices he has made in his life.

this tbqh. it has to be fantasy too which is fuckin trash. "lol muh different races and swords and elves that aren't called elves".

Anyone read The Axe and the Throne? Pretty interesting and looks to be a decent series.

fantasy is boring as fuck tgere i said it.

I used to know Glen Cook, I had no idea he was a writer til I was out of school with his kids.