I am Uhtred son of Uhtred

and Destiny.. is all

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pEZdHzchP8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I know this is historical fiction to the core because Cornwell isn't prone to paying attention to actual history, but it's so much fun to watch I can't stop myself.

>read all the books
>still haven't seen half an episode
Is it worth it? It just feels like a generic vikings ripoff

>mc is a mary sue
>*yawns aggressively*

Wake me up when this gets good.

You don't know what a Mary Sue is, fuckwit, if you seriously think Uhtred's one.

More you like don't know what one is if you think he's not.

It's way better than Vikings at portraying, well, Vikings. Some ahistorical shit of course (after all it's based in Cornwell) and some of the cast (specially the MC) is off, but for the rest is pure kino.

Seriously, look up the definition of Mary Sue, then try and stick Uhtred in it. I guarantee if you think he fits, you haven't seen past the first episode.

PS - you're a faggot.

I like it better than Vikings. Johnny Deppolas hams it up a little too much, but it's better than the whole show feeling that way.

Just finished Season 1 and really enjoyed it but holy shit am I mad at this nigga for treating Mildrith the way he did. Easily best girl.

>Mildreth
>Jesus freak bitch that couldn't accept him for who he was
>hates him even though he pays off her enormous Church debt
>too stupid to save their son from dying from choking on a fucking pebble
>he's the nigger
Shit taste in waifus you've got there, user.

Paganposters need to leave desu

You can't draw swords from your back. When will they learn?

This steamrolls that pile of shit vikings desu.
Also hopefully after this they will make series of the warlord chronicles.

like everything but uthred, fucking pretty boy running around killing everyone

It's better than Vikings, especially the first season. Season 2 is still worth watching though so far.

You need to back away from His Majesty, Ealhswith. Jesus isn't going to save Wessex.

you can if you push the hilt away from your lower back with your free hand

fagit

>Mary Sue
>his abrasive personality pisses off pretty much everyone around him and constantly gets him into trouble

Getting pretty concerned for Aethelflaed desu lads.

>he's a pagan, your majesty, he believes you can draw a sword from behind your back like the devil and his black arts

He will die after trying to kill alfred probably.
He seems the type that would go for that.

Kek

>it's an Uhtred was mildly insulted so he kills a priest and starts a civil war episode

They tried to snatch his waifu though.

The only priest he's killed got him sold into slavery. I think that's a warranted death even in Bongistan.

>[disappointment intensifies]

I fucking love this guy

>it's an Uthred does something retarded and gets himself, his friends and half of England in trouble
>even after doing something retarded killed his friend and forced him into slavery for like a year

You can if it's a really short sword.

>mary sue
>literal retard who everyone hates

> it's an Uthred fucks up episode

But that king was retarded for not giving his sister in marriage to uthred desu.

>Watch a Norseman behead your father and rape your women
>become a massive fucking Norseaboo even upon returning to Christian England

His female childhood friend was worse, actually taking part in further rapes and sacks of Saxon lands.

>it's an Uhtred brings a sword into Church episode
>it's an Uhtred brutally murdering an abbot in the middle of a wedding episode
>it's an Uhtred accidentally plows Alfred's daughter Aethelflaed after rescuing her from captivity episode

>Be in service of another king
>Want him to listen to you
>Make him feel like an idiot all the time
>Constantly show in front of everyone that you would be a better leader
>Finally ask him to officially recognize you as his equal and "make peace" with you
>Surprised when he finally snaps
Is Uthred autistic?

Yeah, he seems like an actual legit actor.

I liked that Briton priest from the last episode that beat that Dane in a duel and styled all over Siegfried.

I like Siegfried and Erik, too.

Wait when did the last thing happen?

Yeah ok he might have overdone it but that king is a bigger faggot.

>I-I'm sorry for sending you into slavery and getting your friend killed
>I still see us as friends

It hasn't yet but everyone thinks it's going to because someone's gotta save her from her shitlord husband.

The last episode of the first season is unreasonably terrible

>i'm a Briton, I was raised to kill Saxons

Goosebumps.

Killing Leofric was a terrible mistake.

He is a giant pussy but that's not really the point

Arseling.

Did Alfred actually poison the king of Mercia?

best viking coming through

even though he killed sorceressfu

Too bad he died really easily

>Invite the king to make an """alliance"""
>He mysteriously dies during the feast
>Marry your daughter to some guy and call him "LORD of Mercia"
>Deny him the title of king
>Basically become king of Wessex and Mercia
HMMMMMM

Did you fucking see the show.
Having skill and get some good qualities isn't the same as being a Mary sue, Uther is like a greek heroe, with great qualities and incredible fuck ups than are entertaining. I only wish the MC actors was another because he doesn't fucking looks like the book uther.

>Destiny.. is all

it's "Destiny, huzzah" in the books

he does pronounce it weird though so i can't even tell if they changed it or not

he's not a mary sue, he's just an unlikeable cunt with zero redeeming characteristics and whose problems are entirely down to his own idiocy

i thought it was stephen mchattie at first

>No one has comented in the dude than portray Alfred.
It presents a better character than the books one, that guy is very good.

AAAEEEEHHHAAAA HUUUUUAAHHHAEEHEEEEE AHHHH *drums*

>drawing a sword from the back
Umm... no sweetie, they never did that historically because it's literally impossible.

>sword expert

lmao fuck off

his redeeming quality is that he's entertaining to watch. also, he surrounds himself with other entertaining followers.

>It's an Uhtred decides to commit treason and raid a friendly village and then act like he did nothing wrong episode
>It's an Uhtred treats his wife like shit so he goes and defiles a barbarian princess who's power stems from her virginity episode
>It's an Uhtred actually tries to kill his best and only friend instead of just realizing he fucked up and admitting to his crime episode
>It's an Uhtred disrespects the King at every turn and then kills someone when they make a mildly insulting comment at him episode

I made it through Season 1 because I enjoy the setting. But fuck this little piece of shit made it hard. I watched Based Leofric die for this twerp. I wish Ubba had just ended him when he had him on the ground(he should have won that fight, Uhtred is manlet.) did he get any better in season 2? Is it even worth watching without Leofric?

I'm in the Start of the Second season, he got some grunts than are interesting (Clapa and the Nun warrior), he is still an idiot tough, but an entertaining idiot at the moment.

yeah, probably the only top tier acting in the show.

Why doesn't alfred turn uthred loose and help him take back his home and then form an alliance with him and be one step closer to his peaceful england?

You say all of those things like they're negatives

Uhtred is Chaotic Neutral and it's fucking hilarious. Frankly I don't know how they're getting away with it in the current year.

Yeah He's a bit of a dick, he just wants the lands he's owed, women to fuck, some money, and sometimes he goes a little wild because he grew up Dane

But if that stuff annoyed you, you get more of it in season 2

Season 2 is much better series
I found season 1 to be okay but so far Season 2 has been solid 9/10 show

Uhtred gets beat down a lot this series and spends a year in Slavery.
Also gains a lot more top tier guys that follow him.

Why is this show so fast paced?
>Not that I'm complaining

because he is not a man of God

>spends a year as a slave
>is totally broken
>this will humble him

>it just makes him meaner

Cool.

Well I mean, should he be friendlier after a year as a slave?

I dunno, because Uthred is a fucking natural disaster than doesn't think before acting half the time? With the respect and adoration than mens of arms get in the setting, he could be a threat if he was loose, Alfred is already walking a very tiny thread. Also he is a pagan.

I like this guy he seems a reasonable fellow.

his slave mate seems pretty laidback and down to earth now

They handle it incredibly well desu. It'd be so easy to fuck up pacing like this but they pull it off every time.

I kind of just expected it to make him less rash. Or for him to at least show some lasting signs of the torment.

is he (dare i say it) our guy ?

Lets be honest, they should have picked someone who didnt look like a model to play uthred

No, Uthred is an ediot.
Alfred is our guy.

Dunno about that. He slays pussy left and right and being super good looking makes that believable.

I haven't read the books so I don't have any idea how he should be, but I think it's perfect

Uhtred is basically a medieval chad

>its a female character gets UHTREDED episode

the whole fucking season

>yfw gisela will die soon and he will find another woman to be "in love" with and hump

Jesus christ that sword is so shit, what the fuck was the BBC thinking?

>show 1 km of open fields around london
>for some reason your army doesn't have a single scout
>baggage train gets attacked while you march your entire army in an empty city

The urge to drop this series has never been higher.

>scouts

I do want to point out that this was the time that armies were only sort of starting to rediscover actual military tactics.

It's great, Uthred is /ourlad/

I'm not related to some Mon-Kiegh

I feel bad for alfred's daughter desu.

It's alright Uthred will dip his corndog in that sauce pot eventually.

BETTER
THAN
BARLEY

Because it's a British TV series.

This isn't the U.S where each season has like 24-32 episodes in it filled with filler and bullshit intended for re-runs.

Wasn't Rome done by HBO?
Or is HBO british?

>he just wants the lands he's owed, women to fuck, some money, and sometimes he goes a little wild because he grew up Dane
This part was so extremely rich to me considering how he can't stop talking about "Muh Danes!, Muh Raiding!". If he so loves the Dane way over the Saxon way why is he so eternally shitter shattered that his family lost his lands TO FUCKING VIKING RAIDERS.

And he somehow blames this on Alfred most of the time like Alfred is somehow withholding his lands. He shouldn't even care about losing his lands and titles if he is so obsessed with the viking way, his family lost them fair and square fighting. shit, even the way his Dane family died was extremely common back then. but I guess it's only unfair when it's him getting raided. God I miss Leofric calling him an arseling.

Rome was a collaboration between the BBC and HBO. It was a joint British-American production centred on a set in Italy.

It seriously just looks like someone took a Weta Workshop Sting replica and slapped an ugly piece of amber on the pommel. Also why the fuck would you do that? You could just have a standard weighted pommel so you can use it to strike the enemy if need be but instead you always have to worry about your delicate amber stone getting damaged in battle.

>a collaboration between the BBC and HBO

Which is almost always codetalk for mostly british actors + american money.

Is that why it was so good?

>mostly british actors + american money.

The best combination there is.

>yfw he cucks the lord of mercia and the king of wessex by impregnating alfred's daughter

youtube.com/watch?v=pEZdHzchP8s

Lets hope so both of them are total cunts.

he isn't shitter shattered about vikings taking his land, he just wants it back. if he's pissed at anyone it's his cunt of an uncle.