Simpsons getting funny again?

youtube.com/watch?v=p8M2tg2RkIQ

First time I've seen Simpsons in a long time, but this genuinely made me laugh.

When did Simpsons stop regurgitating jokes from the daily show and actually get back to biting current satire?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pSANTRnEBgg
youtube.com/watch?v=FFroMQlKiag
youtube.com/watch?v=_Er69b4HMl8
youtube.com/watch?v=Bzz8BvaQL9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=oSLJKoqwMV4
youtube.com/watch?v=w7NeRiNefO0
youtube.com/watch?v=GgNdVUZ4d28
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modernism_(music)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I only like the joke if I agree with it.

>childless

>laughing at cartoons

It wasn't even a joke. They just took some yale students and turned them into cartoons.

>making the sjw male
good effort but eh

>>>/reddit/

The animation looks slightly better than the lifeless crap of a few years ago, but nah it's not funny. It's the same joke over and over and it drags too long. Also I haven't seen the full episode but I bet the plot is a schizophrenic mess.

Only thing that got a "pffh" out of me was
>you're worse than Hitler
>too late for flattery

That was awful. Didn't even crack a smile. If you want funny Simpsons getting political, compare it to this...

youtube.com/watch?v=pSANTRnEBgg

not subtle at all, you sound like someone who doesn't understand why the old Simpsons was so good

Well they've fucked themselves now. If anyone is efficient at making thoughcrime economically costly, its the SWJ brigade.

I can't wait till the Twitter campaign kills the show or forces that fatass turd Groening to apologise on Fallon for being insensitive lol.

"Relevant" does not automatically equal "funny."

>Simpsons getting funny again?

no

>dude they agree with my political beliefs that makes them funny lmao
OP, you're a fucking imbecile. That was painful to watch.

lol

Didn't laugh.

That amendment seems to speak a lot of sense, I don't see anything funny here.

Also, who is Ted Kennydee? Was he a big name celeb when this episode first aired and was he indeed gay?

why does it all move so slow now

>getting funny again?

Not gonna happen. Just admit you like the new episodes without pretending.

Please tell me you're not American, and English isn't your native language, otherwise that's just sad.

>lol guys annoying libshits exist
This isn't even a joke.

> Simpsons make SJW joke
> Writer room filled with aging crackers failing to read the zeitgeist
> Get dragged on Twitter, Facebook, hemorrhaging advertisers
> Groening has to waddle his fat ass onto a late show to apologize for thoughtcrime
> The show tanks in the ratings, is off the air within months

tfw SJWs are to thank for destroying this piece of shit show before it got any worse. We'll always have seasons 2-10

Classic Simpsons was always left leaning. This was kinda funny in some parts and definitely the funniest it's been in years but it's a long way from being anywhere near classic. I can respect this as a step in the right direction.

just because it adresses an actual political issue doesn't make it automatically funny you jackass. i bet you liked south park season 19 as well

>aging crackers
jews*

>We'll always have seasons 2-10
How to spot a pleb: someone who disregards the first season.

I thought that sequence was familiar from somewhere so I looked and found this:
youtube.com/watch?v=FFroMQlKiag

The Simpsons writers essentially just plagiarized the whole thing from a kids tv show and hoped that nobody would notice.

it's called parody, user
they even got the same voice actor

I still does the 'a joke every 15 seconds' but since some of the joke doesn't work so it felt like useless empty spaces.

Please tell me you're

so instead of changing the voice actor of flanders they just decided to make him a mute character.
really makes me think.

New Simpsons just feels like "The Mr Burns Show".

Reminder that the simpsons used to be kino

youtube.com/watch?v=_Er69b4HMl8
youtube.com/watch?v=Bzz8BvaQL9Q

Is it just me or has Fox finally removed the stick out of their ass and let Simpsons clip videos stay up?

This is actually great

Literally this.

God damn this is so fucking great

burnsie going back to yale could've been good but they kept explaining shit. should've been burns unleashing dogs or something with him fucking them over.

This isn't funny

Not Simpsons.

>Classic Simpsons was always left leaning
No it wasn't kid. It was traditionalist, Christian, family values shit. Then later it became left- leaning shit.

But they didn't go (too) full retard this time. They get a cookie for that.

>I can respect this as a step in the right direction.
GET IT? BECAUSE IT'S BECOMING RIGHT WING!

TRIGGERED!

Are you baiting, or are you actually that retarded?
youtube.com/watch?v=oSLJKoqwMV4

That wasn't particularly good, aside from "Too late for flattery."
The only thing I get out of this clip is that the people writing the show realized when Trump won that the left-leaning audience wasn't the majority, so they stopped pandering to them and started pandering to the right-wing instead.

Given the long production cycles, this was probably written before Trump won.

>pandering to the right-wing

Acknowledging SJWs exist and are insane and retarded is not right-wing, it's common sense.

No, it's just genuinely not funny at all

you might just be baiting, but trump lost the popular vote, and even if he didn't the demographics of voters and the demographics of people who would still watch the simpsons as it airs on TV in 2017 are very different

>republican bad
>democrat good

wow epic

>We need another Vietnam to thin out THEIR ranks a little.
Nice.

>american government
>anything but evil jews

>You're worse than Hitler!
>Too late for flattery.

Ok, first time in probably a fucking decade Simpsons nailed it.

>but trump lost the popular vote

Not anymore :^)

welcome to old simpsons

What are you talking about? Flanders' voice actor didn't end up leaving the show.

you were just waiting to post that weren't you?

We president now :^)

I get the feeling people who still watch new Simpsons episodes haven't voted in their life and never plan on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=w7NeRiNefO0

>fucking classic

>I consider myself politically correct, and his views make me uncomfortable.
Calling Simpsons left leaning based on this clip shows that you have no understanding of satire.

>Release me you hound!

Simpsons was always at its best when the town got together to be stupid.

You're the retard for not posting the clip with both parties:

Signs at the Republican meeting: "We want what's worst for everyone" and "We're just plain evil."

Signs at the Democratic Party meeting: "We hate life and ourselves" and "We can't govern!"

The Simpsons simplys used to like JOKES

His clip is also making fun of both parties.

This.

doesn't seem as pro-democrat as it does anti-republican

None of these jokes hit for me. The SJW mockery cash cow was exhausted long ago. All i see is Simpsons trying to stay relevant by jumping on current trends, what else is new?

What this guy said.

Its not subtle enough for it to be clever. It's all is just rehashed shit I've already seen or heard in other mediums. I'm glad that the Simpsons seem to be on the 'make fun of sjws' side I'm on but it's all in-your-face still.

>trump is better than shillary
>this means trump is good
are you 12?

I miss when Mr Burns was an actual character, rather than "LOL CALLING ME HITLER IS A COMPLIMENT"

Simpsons hasn't been good at topical (or anything, really) for years. Look at this shit from when the Wii was a thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=GgNdVUZ4d28

They're still left leaning while taking digs at both sides

INDISCRIMINATELY POINTING TO THE OUTCOMES OF POLLS WITHOUT ANY OF THE DATA OR METHODOLOGY IS OK WHEN THE POLL IS IN MY FAVOUR

>suddenly polls are bad when they make muh hillary look bad

LOL

That's bullshit, you're just backpedaling now.

>He's a group that was established in 1909
>I hate modern music

I know this is suppose to be a joke based on Burns' old age, but certain music from the early 20th century is considered 'Modern', so what he said can literally make sense and isn't even a joke.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modernism_(music)

I wasn't the user you were talking to before

Wow, great!

Not him but you don't understand nuance.

people generally use modern to mean contemporary unless they're specifically referring to the era

If you're not the same people then fuck off. I want to talk to that person and that person only.

No, the jokes are still tired, lazy and one note. It's three and a half minutes of the same joke over and over again.

"College kids are whiney" jokes are in the same played out level as "Trump is bad" ones. We've heard it all before.

That was fucking terrible, not only was it just plain unfunny (with the exception of the Hitler joke), the animation is still terrible, the voice acting is so dull (why does no-one seem to point this out when talking about neo-Simpsons), and why are there robots everywhere? I'm guessing it's not a Halloween episode or some 'special' episode like the ones in the future.

No dice, this is an anonymous imageboard friendo.

>lindsay naegle
and dropped

I literally do not care what you have to say.

>survey of 1,004 people
>tiny shift in percentages
Totally decisive and accurate, and definitely not prone to margins of error.

Too bad.

>HILLARY ISN'T WINNING I DON'T LIKE THIS POLL

Oh sweetiebuns...

>1000 people voting on an online poll is the same as 150 million people voting at the ballots.

are fetuses born with typing skills already?

Sounds like someone needs a golfing weekend and his diaper changed. It's ok baby boy, I'm sure making the normies pay is too priority for the 70 year old playboy billionare.

That is way better than OP's post even though I would've called it complete AIDS when I first saw it back then. If anything, this is evidence that the Simpsons are only getting worse. People say otherwise because they want to believe it but it isn't

Before the election I thought that Trump voters were a bunch of retards who didn't actually pay attention to political events and weren't conducting critical analysis of ongoing political developments because they were too busy thinking "LOL we want our ebin meem reality tv president". If anything, the result of the poll reinforces that view.

Stay cucked