Can videogames be kino?

Can videogames be kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7ah_f1zB_d4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BEWARE!
This thread is the beginning of the 2nd part shill for The Void

>"you like bloodborne? Go buy The Void"

why would shills be shilling for some old russian video game?

the first part didn't work very well

no

Yes they can

yeah if they're not TOTAL SHIT

are you 12?

both questions have the same answer

Soulverse when by Nolan?

Dark Souls 3 is total mess of bland design and reused ideas

Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1 have MUCH better and more consistent artstyles

Most modern blockbusters already look and are written like videogames and Sup Forums says there's planty of kino among that shit

no, it has plenty of consistent designs and a lot more varability in level design than bloodborne. Bloodborne is basically walking around the same city and themes until the dlc which has a swampy little town.

Okay, then please tell me what the major THEME of Dark Souls 3 is

Dark Souls 1 had one
Bloodborne had one

What's Dark Souls 3 theme, I'm curious

you retarded? It's obviously entropy you fucking moron. Ash, Ice and darkness are the major themes of the game, why do you think the DLC ends on a plain of ash? Also Bloodborne had three themes that were totally juxtaposed between madness, cosmic horror and blood making the game look like a fucking circus. But I guess the 'oh hey it is a dream all along' was supposed to make up for it.

Ori & The Blind Forest

Doesn't get discussed a lot but it was a great story with great visuals

I've never managed to get into this game but my god the lore seems extensive and impressive. I remember watching some video some guy with a nice voice made about Solaire that was really cool.

Vidya kino

Quite a lot of 'lore' is just guesswork since they don't clear it up, and it isn't like you get much backstory. It's mostly just what the bosses and npcs tell you and little tidbits alogn with item descriptions. Some people re disappointed since they imagine it'll have some story like Dragon Age or Elder Scrolls but it's basically limited to whatever your character witnesses.

>Aah, you were on my side all along

No

They should stop trying to be kino and try to be vidya again.

thats fucking easy dickhead: world degradation.

i bet you are the same twat that keeps spamming Sup Forums BB is better than DaS3. What's it like living in delusional land?

>if you kill him you're not better than him

BB is better than Das3, in every way.

this, and in practice all DLC for DS3, were the dumbest shit in any Souls Game ever, not counting DS2.

This. People forget that movies were thought to be sub-art until directors started using the unique aspects of cinema to create works instead of just straight up filming plays, books or doing moving photography.

Vidya needs to perfect what makes it a unique medium in order to begin to approach art in the same way that movies did.

I feel like DS3 is a souls greatest hits because they knew they were making the last game and decided to play it safe.
Personally I think the stuff in DS3 is the 'best' iteration in terms of level design and aesthetics but it doesn't have the same impact as it does in the other games because everyone has seen it before.

HAHAHAHA

this is with PAID sony shills reviewing the game at launch.

A B S O L U T E
K I N O

I kinda feel that way too. It had so many throw backs to DeS and DaS1 it was insane.

>go to Sup Forums to avoid all the shitposting on Sup Forums
>
I just give up at this point

>review score
ypu sure showed me

>all those fucking spoilers
>including ludwig's quote

Fuck you.

Was going to buy this during a sale but I couldn't tell if it was the PS3 port or the PS4 remaster.

Shite game, genuinely kino story

>spoilering a shitty third world japanese plot

>going to shitposting central to avoid shitposting
Your plan was flawed from the start

Best game ever made. DS3 is close.

When I noticed you can't kill the NPC that teleports you to Ariandel I never played that shit again. Inexcusable.

Games been out for like 2 years, go fuck yourself

Dark souls 1 bosses are way too easy. That ruined the game for me, having played all the others before it weirdly.

>implying

First two games were pure kino.

Yes.

Your own fault bozo.

That doesn't make any sense m8

>Dark Souls 3 is total mess of bland design
What? Although it's more linear, it's the art design is a lot more varied and colourful that then previous Souls games
>reused ideas
Yeah, I think that was the idea.

>both are the guardian approved

Sup Forums pls go

Deaths stranding will be pure vidyakinography. Screen cap this.

yes
youtu.be/7ah_f1zB_d4

>tfw no PS4
>tfw fell for the PC meme

>he's too poor to afford both

But user, I'm not a NEET. I value my money.

>le big moon

it's shit. Educate yourself, faggot
pretty picture =/= art

>blundercucks still THIS mad about goty
lel

Never played a game that has a real sense of cinematography to be honest.

Naughty Dog games have some of the worst sensesfor it funnily enough.

yes

So what ARE you playing?

>hématogène

Dwarf fortress

Pikmin 3 has the best looking nature of any game

City of Lost Heaven has easily the best ending of any game I've played

Whether you like MGSV or not, you have to admit that the few cutscenes/story missions that did make it into the game were pure kino.

Yes

sure

forgot pic

Why not?

No, but I can.

>Can videogames be kino?