Why didn't they do a Stephen King shared universe?

>First both parts of IT

>The Stand

>Eyes of the Dragon

>The Mist Remake

>Then it all culminates in The Dark Tower series

They would've made so much money this way.

Because different companies own the rights to different novels. WB with IT. Sony with Dark Tower. The Mist with Disney.

CHILD SEX ORGY

Well that's an even bigger clusterfuck than Marvel. Now I'll never see Flagg and Pennywise interact :(

Isn't there gonna be an original Steven King series? On Hulu or something? Hoping for a shared universe there.

The Stand has an even more fucked up sex scene. A deformed retard gets raped with a gun

Castle Rock. It is supposed to be a shared universe type thing but we'll see how legit that is.

Never reading his mediocre books again after how faggoty he's been about Trump winning

How could those canons possibly fit together

>mediocre books
>never read them

Oh, trumpkins.

Mist and IT- The monsters come from the same place

Eyes of The Dragon and The Stand- Randall Flagg is the antagonist in both

The Dark Tower has all of those concepts in its story

Learn to read retard. I've read plenty of them.

Matthew McConaughey

>Never reading
>mediocre books
>again
So you've established that you've already read more than one of them, and that they were all mediocre, OK, kind of contradictory but whatever.

>after how faggoty he's been about Trump winning
But re-reading them in all their mediocrity was a potentiality for you, only up until you found out that the author doesn't like Trump.

Reading fictions is for plebs anyway.

>Mediocre

Fuck, The Stand is one of my favorite books of all time.

>potentiality

It's being made by Jar Jar so expect to get jewed. That vampire's existence us rotten.

That doesn't happen in The Stand.

I thought this was Jim Carry as the Grinch from the thumbnail.

It's a mediocre book that will NEVER be adapted properly.
Walking Dead was depressing to start watching after reading The Stand.

Yes it does in the uncut version, Trashman gets raped with a gun.

Because King is a hack faggot who can't write a good book with a satisfying payoff to save his life.

I mean it's possible, but it can't be done as a movie, it'd have to be a mini-series

How aren't the endings to The Mist and IT satisfying?

muh multiverse and doors to them

read more books bro, like seriously

Recommend one, you ninny.

>why don't they do a shared universe where all th universes are separate

>not realizing King predicted Trump years ago in the Dead Zone

It wasn't an orgy.

>>First both parts of IT
>>The Stand
>>Eyes of the Dragon
>>The Mist Remake
>>Then it all culminates in The Dark Tower series
Aren't only the Stand and Dark tower linked? and only by Randall Flagg

You could try The Year of the Quiet Sun, it's short so you shouldn't have any trouble with it

Flagg is in Eyes of The Dragon as the main villain, and you could easily replace Dandelo with Pennywise since they're related.

just do a comedy of how fucked Darcy Maine is.

It has been (2) days since the last telekinetic massacre.

would make a great movie

Yeah, they all took turns so they ran a train on her. Then they forgot about it and two of them remember like three decades later and never talk about it again. Yep.

What did Maine ever do to King anyway?

An actual shared universe would be a bit more complicated. First off, no need to remake The Mist. It's a perfect film and already has the DT connection. Slap it in a new box set and add it to some fun lead up to new movies screenings.

Second, The Dark Tower. The general structure of the films should be 5 films, not 7. The Young Roland stuff that is only in books 1, 4, 5 should be more or less evenly split throughout the first 4 movies, with the (unwritten) fall of Gilead happening in the final movie. So:

DT1- The Gunslinger

DT2- The Drawing of the three and part of Wastelands(drawing jake)

DT3- Wastelands Lud and W&G story finished. Hop on Blaine at the end to escape Flagg, Blaine cliffhanger

DT4- Beat Blaine and wind up in Kansas, Flagg pops up again just to show them they can't win, Wolves and SoS melded into one, primarily SoS. basically cut them staying in the Calla and just pick up the priest and get on the road again. The wolves can be like Nazgul roaming around, no need to stay in one town for 3 hours. Also feature Jericho Hill flashback.

DT5- Entire rewrite, Flagg is main villain, include fall of Gilead flashback, include guys from Eyes of the Dragon, Insomnia, Hearts in Atlantis, BH in final battle.

With this in mind include the following other films interspaced:

IT part 1 & 2 (barely related so I don't really care about this even though the movie coming looks fantastic)

The Stand part 1

The Dark Tower 1

The Stand Part 2

The Talisman

The Dark Tower 2

Salem's Lot

Hearts in Atlantis

The Dark Tower 3

Black House

Insomnia

The Dark Tower 4

Eyes of the Dragon

The Dark Tower 5

This is how it should be done my king bros.

HBO, user. Two five episode miniseries for each book.
Although The Talisman would be a good (but long) movie, I want a slow spooky Black House detective show.

Oh shit it's beautiful

>no need to remake The Mist.
,:^)

because it takes a genius like Kubrick to make a good film out of his shitty stories

aren't they the same person?

No.

No, Pennywise is a different species than Flagg

This sounds fucking perfect, especially splitting up the backstory and revamping the last couple of books. Why can't you be running a multi billion dollar studio user?

Flagg is human, he's just literally an evil wizard with reincarnation powers that thankfully are never explained

Well I wouldn't say he's completely human, he's an evil wizard basically yeah, but Human is a stretch.

bravo

>different species
Hell, Flagg is just a human being really proficient in dark magic.

Just google it wtf

I'm kind of loving all of these King and IT threads because they usually turn into comfy lore discussions

>tfw never going to get something this connected or well done but we're getting the 30th marvel movie and about to have a universal monsters shit show

Guys would you recommend the Dark Tower books? What kind of books are they anyway horror? action? fantasy? I saw that leaked trailer for the movie and it had some modern shit in it so now I'm curious.

It's a sci-fi action horror fantasy western.

>sci-fi
lol okay I think I'll check out the first one I need to see what this is all about.

King lore is awesome

He's perverted anyway, entry horror

We might actually get something like one if what I think they're doing with IT turns out to be true. You notice how there's no hint of the, returning to Derry as adults in the trailer?

...oh wow user, that's really impressive! Did we notice what they announced back when they first announced the fucking movies, how the first one would be the kids and the second film would be adults? You're really keeping me on the edge of my fucking seat with your theory on just what is going on!

It's a tough call because some of the books are fantastic but some, especially towards the end of the series, are among the worst books I've ever read.

At the very least the 1st and 4th books are definitely worth reading, depending on how you like them decide on how much more you want to read.

The Waste Lands is pure Kingo