Deep Space Nine and Voyager

Trekkers of Sup Forums, I have a question for you all. I'm currently binging Star Trek from The Original Series to Enterprise and I'm about to finish TNG and move on to DS9. Deep Space Nine. I know that Voyager aired along with DS9 from 1995 until 1999 and both series crossed over one or twice, do you guys think I should watch DS9 and Voyager uninterrupted or alternate between watching DS9 and Voyager?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jkinv1Ew3eI&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Watch DS9 and then Voyager.

>watch DS9
>uninterrupted

Yes.

>both series crossed over one or twice

Voyager was at DS9 in Voyager's first episode. That's it. There's no point in alternating.

Watch DS9 from start to finish and that's it, there are no more Star Trek episodes after that.

DS9 is better than Voyager, finish that then try Voyager but don't be afraid to skip it if it starts to get old. ENT is strange because the first season or two are bad but after that it's better, and it shakes things up with the different era so play that one by ear as well.

DS9 then Voyager.

Don't listen to the negativatrons, all Star Trek is good.

Definitely watch DS9 uninterrupted. The first season is a little hit or miss, but the show really hits its stride at the end of the second season.

I'll admit I'm envious of you right now - I'd love to binge watch DS9 for the first time again.

I too recommend DS9 then VOY.

As an aside, VOY is the only Trek series where there are a bunch of episodes I haven't seen. I really tried, various times, but I just can't bring myself to give a shit.

Don't listen to the haters, Voyager has little meaning to the ST universe at large but it's still comfy as fuck.

DS9 is good too but highly overrated. It's basically General Hospital for nerds.

Nothing will ever be as good as TNG, so smother those hopes right now while they're in their infancy.

DS9 absolutely reaches the heights that TNG does. In fact, I can't think of a single TNG episode on the level of "In the Pale Moonlight".

You can stop watching Voyager after they invent transwarp drive in the second season.

There are some problems with transwarp at first, but the crew learns how to fix the problems. After that, there is nothing stopping Voyager from going home other than the writers' contempt for the audience.

Voyager has some amazing episodes, and some really shitty ones too. DS9 is generally good, except for the odd episode here or there, and most of the first season. Get an episode guide for both. Neither series will spoil the other for you.

ENT should only be watched for the best Trekfu. Don't go into it expecting anything pleasant except a tingling sensation in your dick.

Doesn't the transwarp device turn Tom and Janeway into amorous lizards?

youtube.com/watch?v=Jkinv1Ew3eI&t=1s
watch DS9 and then go straight to enterprise

They found a way to fix that. So there's nothing stopping them from going home.

"Oh look! I member berry that 100 year old ship docked there, coooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!"

Which half-assed villain dragged down the series and needed fleshing out the most, the Pah-Wraiths or the Terraists?

Watch The animated series everything else isn't canon

TAS is comfy as fuck

DS9 has hands down the dumbest alien and species names ever in Star Trek uiverse.

> Nothing will ever be as good as TNG, so smother those hopes right now while they're in their infancy.

I disagree. At its worst DS9 is really really bad, but at its best it soars over TNG. It does lack the consistency of TNG though, and TNG was my first so it'll always have a special place in my warp core.

the pah wraiths.
religious terrorism seems like a realistic enough problem for DS9 to face without needing a big backstory, and it made sense that it happened so early on in the show because every one was still finding their footing and there'd obviously be people who didn't take kindly to the new way of things. Terrorists are usually always retards anyway, nobody blows themselves up because they have a grounded and nuanced understanding of things

>Roddenberry doesn't want stories about OMG warp 734!
>10 is max now, hyperbolic
>omg story about infinite speed 10 omg lizards because evolving or some retarded already rejected science concept from decades before
>yfw

The doctor was criminally underused. Easily the best character in the show.

also, I wish he didn't get friend zoned in favor of the salty native american romance plot out of nowhere

There is literally some variation of this fucking thread every single day and I'm sick of it.

DO NOT WATCH VOYAGER. ITS REDDIT FAGGOT SHIT

DS9 IS TOP TIER, BUT A BLATANT RIP-OFF OF BABYLON 5

Hope you faggots enjoy watching.

Babylon 5 was shit though.

That's like saying Voyager was a Lost in Space ripoff

*Gilligan's Island

No need to alternate

also

no need to watch voyager

which is the best DS9 episode?

Move Along Home

you don't have to be rude

"In the Pale Moonlight" is almost universally considered the best. Honorable mentions to "The Visitor", "The Die is Cast" and "Sacrifce of Angels".

Don't go thinking you should watch anything out of order though. DS9 is heavily serialized.

>even considering watching voyager

no.

does anyone have the dukat did nothing wrong copypasta, he may as well hear it down

any of the ferengi episodes

i'm serious

Even Profit and Lace?

DS9 is just a space soap opera.
Voyager isn't perfect by any means, but it beats ds9 every day.

>trekkers

cringe

>weebs

>trekkers
it's trekkies kid

ALL OF THEM

Voyager and DS9 are both bad. But if you could stand the more shitty episodes of TNG then you will enjoy some stuff so watch them anyway.

DS9 takes awhile before any good episodes materialize. The Cpt is terrible as are most of the actors. Eventually it gets into some cool material and achieves a B+ kind of status that saves it from sucking outright.

Voyager starts out tedious and insulting but manages to sorta fix some of its problems. A few characters are good and it averages 1 or 2 decent episodes out of 5.

Watch DS9 in its entirety first then Voyager.

Enterprise could not keep me. No advice other than "good luck"

I recommend skipping Enterprise and watching the fan-made Trek on youtub. Some of it is brilliant ToS kino.

MUH COFFEE

you trolled me? this one is crap

>The Cpt is terrible