Red pill me on aspergers?

Is it a real disorder, or is it just made up for pharmaceutical Jews to profit off?

Jews. ADHD is getting outdated.

Its real in that it is a real condition the thing is, it is vastly over diagnosed by the medical community. In part to pharmacy pushing pills and our insatiable desire to try and find a happy pill. Most of the time it is pure laziness and a lack of social integration.

THE NOSE KNOWS

This thread is gay, I just wanted to see what was in post

Yes, there are real sperglords on this board, at thise very moment

It's engineered and it's real. You never seen their souless glazed eyes staring back at you in curiosity? Begging to be put down.
>Pic related

It's just glorified autism.

No, seriously, it's autism but on the higher functioning side of the spectrum. Have you no google?

It's real, got my diagnosis several years ago.
It really sucks. At least in the case of my family it's at least partially either environmental or genetic, as dad and gramps have some of the symptoms too.
I think this user is 100% correct though.

Autism is real, is not a spectrum, is a serious learning disorder, is on the rise and the likeliest causes are all due to women's life decisions: older pregnancy, use of anti depressants, use of birth control (and then drinking public water without filters). Because of the fact women are directly responsible, nothing will be done, everyone will say the growth in autism is unknown, no one will talk about it except...

Aspergers is as real as ADD, another questionable psychological disorder likely fabricated to appease parents who failed to teach discipline. Aspergers may be an attempt to normalize real autism, thus negating a need for change, or it might be another appeasement against parents who failed to introduce their children to other children at a young age. Alternatively, it could be a form of intelligence shaming, as children with high intelligence (who very naturally don't relate well to children of their own age) can be labelled as different from a young age so a newly feminised, Marxist oriented education can enforce tall poppy syndrome onto them, marking them harder, disciplining them more and encouraging their ostracism.

In short, aspergers doesn't real.
Autism is very real, but no one will talk about how it's all feminisms fault.

Have you met anyone with genuine autism? They are rarely capable of conversation, they're something beyond any stereotype you have about people labelled aspergers.

It used to be until they removed aspergers and now applied it to ASD or autism spectrum disorder. basically low functioning to high functioning autism

its possible to have autism to such a mild degree that no one would ever notice

Are you functional though? How is your day to day struggle?

cuck

Aspie here. Socializing is tough stuff, I made it through about 4th grade in public school, but once I started 5th grade I started hating my life. Got better about 10th grade when I went to a private school. I learned to stop being such an antisocial asshole, made friends, and now have a full time job and my own place. Still prone to mild spaghetti now and then though.

General policy - If something wasn't real 200 years ago, it's not real now. This is true 90% of the time.

If someone had "Asperger's" in 1800, they would just be deemed a sort of weird person, and they'd be expected to work like everyone else. They'd get married, they'd get a job, and they'd be a normal citizen like everyone else in the long run.

But NOW if someone behaves a bit oddly, they're told that they have "Asperger's", they're a victim, they'll never be normal, and they're given lobotomy pills and welfare, and they sit around and play video games and gain weight and they're never happy.

And people who love these pills, in my experiences, are always really jealous, angry SJWs. These aren't good people.

>its possible to have autism to such a mild degree that no one would ever notice
it really bothers me sometimes though. like I can get away most of the time, but I'm constantly worried that I'll make some slip in an interaction that'll knock the whole facade down, just shatter the illusion of normalcy that I try to have with the people around me and they'll never interact with me the same again and treat me like the social pariah that I sometimes think I'm supposed to be.
I was told to fake it until you make it but that's not actually true. I can't change the persistent underlying failure to socialize with people the way they're trying to with me.

I'm grateful that my parents worked really hard to make sure that I can at least function.
The biggest problems I have are that I'm extremely literal, I have a ton of problems recognizing implicit information in language, and I have a lot of trouble diverging from established patterns of behavior. I've had a couple bosses take full advantage of this before. There are just so many assumptions that people make in conversation that really don't come naturally to me at all.
I used to have extreme anxiety too. That's still partially there when I get on public transport or go to a restaurant or other public place. Just kind of low level nerves all the time.
The other thing is that I have trouble talking to people in positions of authority.

In general I'm mostly functional, it just takes me longer for me to adapt to new social situations and new people.

So basically poetry is hard for you? Honestly this doesn't seem like any sort of mental illness.

Women aren't actually less likely to have assburgers. Being a women is just easier in social situations due to female privilege, as people are less likely to notice when a girl is a sperg if she is cute.

You could probably pull off the introvert bookworm well enough. I don't know you at all but it's possible that you are being paranoid.

Everyone has an embarrassing moment and as long as it isn't consistent they'll just chalk it up to it being an ordinary mistake or you being quirky.

It's a matter of being able to understand sarcasm not so much poetry.

There was an experiment done to one with autism. They essentially used a machine to send electrical pulses through her brain and had her watch a video of people interacting.

The woman in the video held an empty DVD box set and she said "Am I fine with there not being DVDs in here? OH YEAH, I'M FINE WITH IT ALRIGHT!"

Before the electrical pulse through the subjects brain, she was wondering why the woman was oddly ok with not getting her DVDs back that she borrowed.

After she had her brain pulsed with electrical pulses, she 100% picked up the sarcasm.

The brain is strange like this. You can't control how you interpret something. Someone with autism simply can't understand social cues. It's like social dyslexia.

Any Trump-supporting aspies here?

Glad stuff got better for you user. If it helps, basically everyone spergs out from time to time; humans are emotional beings and sometimes people just act weird (long day at work, stress in a friendship or relationship, got a flat tire, family drama, etc). Happens to all of us. As long as you don't reveal some secret power level and start thrashing around on the floor after someone accidentally takes the last soda from the fridge no one will probably ever know you're an Aspie unless you tell them. It's sort of a cold thing to say but most people don't care - because they're too wrapped up in themselves to put others' behaviors under a microscope

Yeah, that's a lot of what makes it so hard to explain.

It's not a real disorder anymore, got eliminated in the DSM5

People with an aspergers disorder before would likely qualify to be diagnosed with autism syndrome.

What is considered "Autism" has broadened specifically. If you've ever watched Rainman, rainman in that movie was a fairly accurate protrayal of what was at the time considered a high functioning autistic.

It seems like prevalence actually IS going up and there does seem to be more autism around than there was in the past. Just look at silicon valley.

Sup Forums is utterly filled with sperglords, like me, who has been diagnosed since 4. I've waffled between denying my diagnosis and accepting it, and I'm more on the side of accepting it because I'm 25 now and even if I tell nobody about my disability people will talk behind my back about how I must have autism. Every single person I've "confessed" my disability to has already known. I've tried to try and hide my autism from others to get treated normally and I can't do it no matter how hard I try.

I now shitpost on the internet because I can literally go for years online without anybody figuring out I'm an autist unless I do voice chat with them or something. Sup Forums is a place that doesn't care that you're a disabled, and a place where people are pretty bad at figuring out your disabled, so it's nice to be treated as an equal for once.

I'm an autist and I ran the numbers on his spending/tax cut promises, looked at what independants said about it, and discovered for Trumps tax plan to not indebt the country by a shitton he needs to grow the economy significantly faster than Reagan did.

I mostly looked at tax policy centers stuff which estimated about 10.8 trillion lost revenues over a decade adjusting for projected growth and such, and looked for contrary opinions, and they were mostly that the economy would grow fast enough to outweigh the tax cuts and what Trumps staff was saying. I looked at how much it would have to grow to be revenue neutral given TPCs estimates, and he would have to boost the economy significantly more than Reagen did with his tax cuts, something in the realm of 4% yearly. Also if a recession hits the US is completely fucked because Trumps tax plan only works if you assume continual levels of high growth. I looked at how much he would save from obamacare cuts, obamacares projected to cost a bit over a trillion by 2025, so that's not even close to being enough spending cuts.

It's really hard to support him if you're autistic and crunch the numbers on everything obsessively. Hilary may be an idiot thats increasing spending in the face of the US credit rating being downgraded, but as far as I can tell she hasn't pledged to increase the debt load nearly as much as Trump has because she's maybe anticipating 1.1 trillion in extra revenues from taxes and hasn't pledged even 2 trillion in extra spending as far as I can tell.

I'm sure Sup Forums will say I listened to jews or I'm a leftist but I can't see anything wrong with my logic. Can't back Trump because he completely lacks fiscal responsibility and America already had their credit downgraded. If he actually gave a shit about balancing the budget I'd be all for him but his tax plan is the most retarded part of his platform. If a recession hit under Trumps tax plan jesus fuck how terrifying.

Molymeme did a video on mental illness that was pretty insightful. I recommend watching it

we're all mentally ill user that is why no one here notices, just ask any normie about this site

Is it really that difficult to carry a conversation with someone? All you have to do is ask them questuons about themselves and pretend to care... not that hard.

It's more the inability to maintain eye contact, the fact people with autism self-isolate themselves to an unusual degree due to disinterest/stress, misinterpriting what people say especially when it comes to interpretingly them overly literally, inability to emphasize (this does not mean an inability to sympathize). Also, although this varies a lot, there can be various sensory issues like not being able to handle big crowds, repetitive sounds, being hypersensitive to touch, stuff like that.

The issue comes in when you try and hold a conversation with somebody and fail to realize they're disinterested in spite of increasingly obviously social cues. Alternatively, not recognizing people are in distress and walking up to them joking around, when I was in grade 4 I was cracking jokes as someone was finding out their father died. Or getting butthurt after somebody said something sarcastically and you interpreted it literally. Or getting overwhelmed and blowing off friends who are disgusted how they did a favor for an aspie inviting them out and they can't even follow through. Or a girl trying to get flirty with her hands and the touch causes somebody with autism to jump which makes the entire situation awkward. When somebody seems selfish, awkward, disinterested, distant, and cold you don't want to hang out with them. I've been actively fighting against these urges my entire life, but I feel people seem to think autism is more being developmentally DELAYED rather than actually being a permanent disability.

You basically just spill spaghetti uncontrollably, and the best you can do is try and pick it up off the ground more quickly and hide the spaghetti out of sight, you can't stop spilling spaghetti. You can get better at managing your spaghetti but it will still fall out everywhere.

It's not as if I'm socially dysfunctional, I went through higher ed without special accomidations, I held down a job, but I'm notably more socially awkward.

I have it. I misread social cues like a motherfucker and am extremely verbal.

It's not so bad though.

The more we degrade the sicker we get , until there is no healthy person lefr

I've got it too user. We're given a more obstacles early on in life it really builds character that's how I've always looked at it.

Also, with everything I just said, I would say I'm easily in the top ~10% of all autistics when it comes to functioning. I live among the normies. You guys don't see severe autism, I've been to these "Special" programs. You don't see the 35 year olds with autism that throw ten tantrums a day.

If you see somebody that is obviously autistic as fuck, but refuses to mention this or makes as little of a deal about it as possible, that's one of the autistics putting the most effort in. The next tier are people that want to live with normies, but them or their handlers demand special treatment, because it's the normies that are wrong and must change, they're about in the middle when it comes to putting in effort because they're conceding they will never be independant without normies helping them but still want to be independant. The most fucked up are failures living in safe spaces, funded by autismbux, never talking to normies, having given up on any sort of social life. They've given up on improving their social skills. They retreat to r9k where other people tell them its ok to be a failure and never leave the house.

Autists tend to become much better at hiding their autism in adulthood compared to childhood but it's always still there. I say this only because Sup Forums seems confused as to why autists just don't put in a little elbow grease, improve their social skills, and be rid of their disability forever. Somebody that more or less tries pretending to be a normie while clearly failing, but still gets out of the house regularly, is an autist putting a lot of effort in.