I prefer this to the theatrical version...

I prefer this to the theatrical version. It's basically just The Missing Pieces added back to the movie (except for Cooper and Diane) per the shooting script and using those versions of the extended sequences. Worth a watch if you're curious. I always rewatch the movie this way.

I prefer the opposite personally, mainly because a movie like this doesn't need to be almost four hours long. Also, the scenes with the characters from the show (Josie, Ed, etc.), while good, don't really fit or belong in the movie. And the shorter the first quarter of the movie is, the better.

>Also, the scenes with the characters from the show (Josie, Ed, etc.), while good, don't really fit or belong in the movie. And the shorter the first quarter of the movie is, the better.
I really like all of the scenes with the characters from the show barring that stupid sequence with Pete and Josie talking about wood, but yes, they are generally unnecessary. There are two elements that really do improve the movie (in my opinion), however.

>First Palmer family dinner where they all goof around and laugh like idiots, miscellaneous other Laura bits
In the theatrical cut, the first dinner scene is when Leland starts berating Laura about washing her hands and scares her, while this gives some better context for Laura's life until that point. There are some more brief moments, like Laura leaving the house as her mother gets home or her mother asking about the sweater she's currently wearing, which show how oblivious Sarah is and the longer-term effects of the drugs Leland gives her.

>Bobby's drug deal sideplot with the baby powder
I really like this one. It makes Bobby a far more sympathetic character. The theatrical cut's scene in Bobby's basement is too short (and a worse take than the Missing Pieces version), and changes the context quite a lot.
>Laura shows up and Bobby wants to fuck, she says no, he realizes she doesn't care about him and she takes some coke
vs
>Bobby killed someone and it ended up being for literally nothing, Laura visits casually but turns desperate when Bobby reveals the "coke" was baby powder. He wants her to comfort him and distract him from what he's done, while she reveals she really doesn't give a shit about him (to a greater degree here). Bobby gives her some coke and she leaves. The brief moment after with his father gives a slightly new angle to their relationship in the first season.

I honestly think the only missing piece that should maybe be in the final film is the last scene with heather in the hospital

the other scenes are all good but, in my opinion, just mess with the pacing too much

Where can I watch this edit?

I love the theatrical cut. Missing pieces wrecks a few things I think, one being the whole sheriff cable segment, another being Philip Jeffries' dissapearence. But I really liked from Missing Pieces was Leland teaching his family Norwegian and making them sing at the dinner table.

The theatrical cut is a perfect film, Lynch made the right call.

FWWM > Pilot > Finale > Season 2 Pre-reveal > Season 1 > Season 2 Post-reveal

It's all good though

I agree with everything except Pilot > Finale
What's so great about the Pilot?

Should have been a sequel

How am I supposed to download this? Got a great filename of something?

There was a plan for two potential sequels until this bombed. A shame they never happened, but the revival coming up is the next best thing. I'm still glad FWWM was made because it's true kino.

Twin.Peaks.FWWM.Q2.Extended.Fanedit.1080p.mkv

Twin Peaks is not surreal enough for me.

Is there a stream/recode for poors

FWWM Audrey >>>>>>>>> TV Audrey.

There's also Twin.Peaks.FWWM.Q2.Extended.Fanedit.720p.mkv

Beyond that, no idea

You mean Donna. Audrey isn't in the movie. And yes, FWWM Donna > Show Donna in literally every way. Too bad she wasn't on the show.

>tfw coop was literally porking donna

Whoops I meant Donna yeah

FWWM Donna also had a much more successful career

I was surprised neither Donna is in the new season. Not that I mind, since her character was worthless after the Laura mystery concluded.

Donna's actress has become subhuman in appearance

Moira Kelly looks alright, though

I think Lynch just doesn't want to repeat (recall?) the mistake of such a shitty actor replacement.

Her performance was fine and better than post pilot Lara Flynn Boyle, who made Donna come off like a bitch

The problem is she came in too late and just doesn't fit, Lara Flynn Boyle is the character.

how long is this version?

3.5h

>Lara Flynn Boyle is the character.
Lara Flynn ruined the character past the pilot and made her come off as bitch, which is obviously not how the writers meant for her to be.

>obviously not how the writers meant for her to be.
How do you know that? Wanting her best friend's bf, jealous fits, fucking over a neet, how are these things not area of being a bitch

>Wanting her best friend's bf
only after her death, and that's because they fell in love over tragedy, which actually happens to people in the real world.
>fucking over a neet
Because she thought he had important information regarding Laura's murder.
>How do you know that?
Because it's fucking obvious.

She was into James while Laura was alive and "ends justify the means" is straight out of bitch playbook

It's oozing with an atmosphere of fear and the uknown

The pilot is beautifully shot and contains the spirit of everything that came after, it has wonderful atmosphere and as it is the first thing most people will see and it had to also serve as a standalone movie it has a prominent place in the memory and imagination.

I liked this version of the movie, although I would've still omitted a couple of things:
>Both of the police station scenes. Both are unrelated to everything else in the film, and the pacing is better without the second of the two
>Pete and Josie at the mill. It's completely pointless and not very funny, even if it's nice to see Jack Nance.
Ed and Norma's stuff is pointless, but I enjoy it and it's not very intrusive.