As a latin american, i have seen the state of my and other latin countries...

As a latin american, i have seen the state of my and other latin countries , and i had always had this weird dream of unification , where all the other latins countriess unite into one big country.
How low are the chance of that happening?
If it happens, what would be the effects?

LOS

ESTADOS

UNIDOS

CHICANOS

kys

Brazil doesn't even speak the same language as you

kys

Chances? Near zero. We hate each other too much as is, now imagine if we had to live putting up with each other's bullshit.

What would be the effects? Besides killing the most mutually hated subset of Latin Americans (which is debatable, and we can certainly have more than one), no positives really.

I can't put up even with my own countries' bullshit within that region considering the bullshit I have to put up with having parents from two different Latin American countries, what makes you think you can come up with a reason as to why we all should put up with each other's shit to unify the region?

Which Latin American hellhole would drag down a Latin American union the most?

CHI

chileans aren't the same as mexicans

mexicans aren't the same as chileans

LOS

Different flavors of Mexican countries

I want to have an union with and argentinian boy

choroy, please

As an Atlantic Canadian, I have seen the state of my and other Atlantic provinces, and I had always had this weird dream of unification , where all the other Atlantic provinces unite into one maritime province .
How low are the chance of that happening?
If it happens, what would be the effects?

No fucking way. GTFO

most likely not in the near future pham, our economies are fucked
independence without economic stability will just lead to us being dirt poor failed states

I wasn't calling for independence, I said an Atlantic merger that would make PEI, NB, NS, and NF one province, with the capital in Halifax or Moncton. It would give us a large enough combined population to actually exert some political pressure on Ottawa instead of just being collectively ignored.

ah well maybe, but it would be hard to centralize it, and I imagine if the capital of the province wasn't St. John's, Newfoundlanders wouldn't touch the deal wit ha ten foot pole

Halifax is more likely, I don't think Newfies would oppose it over something as trivial as that. More likely they would complain about the fact that they are no longer a have not province and wouldn't be in a hurry to chain themselves to 3 have nots.

>How low are the chance of that happening?
Hopefully 0%. I'd only accept a union with Venezuela,Ecuador, Panama, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic and Cuba, which actually share a lot in common with us. The rest of countries, despite speaking the same language are way too different

it was an exaggeration about the capital, but the culture here is very newfie-centric, but it's a possibility i guess for unification with the maritimes
also Newfoundland's have/have-not status is kinda shaky, our prosperity is very much based in oil prices and the oil economy in general, not only because of our own regional oil economy, but because a notable portion of our population engages in oil work out west and brings the money back into our provincial economy as well
until we can find proper economic diversification, defining ourselves as a "have" province is tricky

just like LOS

LOS what?

ESTADOS

Other than the accent what cultural differences do Maritimers and Newfies have?
I thought the Newfoundland oil market was expected to go nowhere but up. They were even saying that Newfoundland will be the next Alberta. Would be nice if everyone here could go to Newfoundland for work instead of out west.

Chileans think they're whiter

no, that is LOS

Do Latin Americans unironically think they can survive speaking Spanish only in the United States?

M-Maybe

do amerimutts really think they'll keep using english as their first language?

Go to places like West Virginia or Idaho or Maine and tell me how much Spanish is spoken.

People in those areas get shot for even knowing a foreign language

>Other than the accent what cultural differences do Maritimers and Newfies have?
well generally there's not a great deal of identification with the maritime provinces within Newfoundland
they acknowledge that there's a significant degree of shared cultural experience, but a lot of people still carry the "Newfoundland all by itself" mentality
for example, pic related is the Newfoundland tricolour, associated with the possible independence of Newfoundland in the future, which shows that it really, at the crux of their culture they identify really only with themselves
also the oil economy is ok, but the thing is whenever the oil economy dips, there's a basically a cutoff of any economic development and prospecting of oil fields, which makes development difficult

I don't think so, I know it

no need to go out of texas (the most important state), thanks

Outside of 10 states, I'd like to see you try.

You tell that amerimutt, be a proud, pure indio

forgot pic

True, but only a couple rednecks live there. On the other hand, try speaking english in Los Angeles.

I'm a big fan of Shane Mahoney but it always gets under my skin when he goes off on rants claiming Newfoundland isn't really part of Canada.

>there is a monument of a dominican in the united states

>people in those areas get shot for even knowing a foreign language

>American education

Maine has the highest percentage of francophones in the United States. Most of the northern portion of the state is French.

There are many differences between us even if the majority speaks the same language, I think it would work out better if we formed an alliance for specific goals instead.

The problem is that many latin american countries can't afford that kind of treats and we still suffer from many internal affairs, specially regarding violence which drags on any kind of improvement and relationship.

French is a white language

Each Latin American nation possesses and wields its own exclusive rights and control within its territory, and hence so many people there strive so much for winning a presidential election. If they unite themselves into one nation with one government, many of the leaders of their respective countries will have to relinquish their rights and political power, which is most unlikely. Even the EU still observes and guarantees its member countries' sovereignty and political independence and couldn't and didn't go so far as to unite all the European countries into one single nation even if it could have some indirect influence on their domestic affairs such as immigration issues.

In short, my opinion is it's almost impossible that Latin American countries will make themselves into one single nation given that there are still some diplomatic conflicts even among Latin American countries.

Well that was Simón Bolívar's original goal until he realized how fucking retarded spics were.

If you're an [INSERT SPIC COUNTRY HERE] nationalist then you should just fucking kill yourself to be honest family.

latin americans have bombed several mormon churches and american embassies in their countries, they should start attacking americans with homemade bombs in usa too

Very low. Considering that other unions like Gran Colombia only lasted for 10 years, states with almost 200 years of independence would hardly want to stop being sovereign.
I think something like the EU would be much more beneficial, but that's something that would happen out of necessity, most likely. We still have a lot to solve inside our borders too.

>People in those areas get shot for even knowing a foreign language
I thought they get shot for being in the same class as some bullied sociopath kid with a gun lmao.

But is the EU even beneficial?

From a linguistic standpoint, Spanish and Portuguese are the same language. they are only considered distinct for political reasons

Which Spic hellhole has the potential to be a threat to the rest of the planet

The alienation effect is visible in most south american countries, more people grow into despising their own countries, even more end up stuck here. this kind of people are foreigners even in their own countries, can the hate felt for their own overpower the hate felt for everyone else?

I didn't know the US had an out of control narcotrafficking problem

do you live under a rock?

México está habitado por personas que eran demasiado débiles para emigrar.

No thanks.

3 facts to understand that the US has a narcotrafficking problem
>the US is one of (if not the) largest consumers of narcotics in the world
>the majority of narcotics consumed within the US are not made in the US
>when narcotics are moved from one place to the other, it is narcotrafficking

It's pretty much impossible for us to merge into one big country, we despise each other, and I really doubt that anything good could come out of such an event.

great post

Half of those wouldn't want anything with us

Just getting a larger market for your trade is something useful.