8 episodes

>8 episodes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nHQaCXgw01o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Season 2 was a trainwreck. Sad!

Reduced the number of episodes so each episode could have a bigger budget. Hence the hiring of two kino actors

The first five were among the greatest thing ever on tv. Shame about the rest.

Kys.

I didn't catch the show at the beginning, so I watched the first 4 episodes back to back in one night.
I fucking couldn't believe my eyes just how incredibly great it was then. Among the best television programming I've ever seen easily.

There will never be another tv show season as good as this one.

>episode 3

Cough cough fargo..

fat pussy detected

episodes
and even that was boring in the last two episode

i just wanted to say this:

Fargo's good in it's own right but 'no'

muh green ears
muh let the big fishes get away
muh epilogue stolen from a comicbook

I unironically prefer season 2, even if the story is rather generic

Kek, season two was still far inferior to the first.

it was, but s1 had a weak ending and a few dud episodes

what is Pizzalotto up to right now

can we frank post in this thread?

I think I'm gonna start frank posting ...

>Spare me the sententious talk. It's picayune and unctious

Never do anything out of hunger for (You)s, not even Frankposting.

IT was good BECAUSE it was only 8 episodes.

Look at all these netflix series that try to stretch it out to 12 or 13 and just end up with filler.

8 hours is the perfect length for a self-contained long-form story and is directly analogous to a lean well-edited novel.

We all like to make fun, but the truth is, Vince delivered those lines well. IF it weren't for him they would have sounded much worse.

didn't the writer stole the philosophy from some weird mutant alien comic?

>My father once told me a story about how at the height of the cold war, the space race, the Americans were investing millions of dollars into developing a pen that could write in space. The Russians? They used a fucking pencil. That's me, Ray. I'm the fucking pencil. Casper's killers knew this, and now they're trying to erase everything i've ever built.

>It's a dog eat dog world Ray. And im the fucking Chinamen.

>Someone hit the fucking warp drive and I'm trying to navigate though the blur

He gave credit to Ligotti's 'Conspiracy Against the Human Race' which is nonfiction - not sure if he credited Robert Chambers (I think it was Chambers) The King in Yellow.

You know how it is Ray, sometimes to make an omelette you gotta break a few eggs. Well I just realized I'm not the one cooking breakfast. I'm not even cooking brunch. I'm the egg sitting on the pan, and I'm too busy trying to figure out if me or the chicken came first. Caspere knew this

>"I always saw a difference between a whore and a pimp. A whore can still have integrity."

Pencils are actually incredibly bad for use in space.

break it and the lead or graphite whatever shatters into a million little pieces that go everywhere. they conduct electricity really well, and so you get short circuits and shit leading to equipment failure and possibly fires.

I do like this line tho

Is Season Two worth watching bros?

Someone post the webm

its pure kino

He forgot to credit Alan Moore

The last couple episodes saved it for me. I can see how people wouldn't like it but I did

I stand corrected. Wasn't aware of that one - the biggest influence seemed to be Ligotti regarding Rust and pessimism, which Pizza credited. The Yellow King/Carcosa seems to have been taken from Chambers in name-only, but this is not an area I'm strong in, so other anons might know better.

there's also a 2011 movie called Kill List about creepy cult stuff with a scene of two people watching a horrific videotape that is extremely similar to the one in True Detective. it's not necessarily as obvious or damning as the Ligotti stuff but it is interesting

what comic is this?

Top 10

As a sidebar to the discussion, Conspiracy Against the Human Race would probably appeal to many here who haven't read it. Ligotti sources it heavily on an obscure Norwegian philosopher whose premise is that conscious humanity is an unfunny cosmic joke - Ligotti seems to agree with this premise and runs with it. I enjoyed it and if Rust's worldview in the 1995 scenes appeal to you, you might enjoy it.

/i'll tip myself out

>My father used to lock me in the basement, on the third day the light went out. You merely adopted the darkness Ray, i was born in it

Yes, it's just not as good as Season 1. It's also more of a noir, and doesn't have any of the occult stuff like Season 1 did.

It's worth for the magnificent titties of Kelly Reilly alone. Damn magnificent titties. I get horny only thinking about them.

Damn.

youtube.com/watch?v=nHQaCXgw01o

The casting of Ass-Pen was probably the best choice in season 2, save for Chad.

>that sneer

I believe the philosopher is Arne Næss

What's wrong with the rest?

Trump

kek

>sprawling, meandering neonoir attempt complete with shit acting and shit characters

Nah m8 s2 was shit

Writing a perry mason show for HBO and filming Galveston.

Hes at the track with Milch.

Both seasons of Fargo are garbage compared to True Detective or even Fargo.

this one?
no

>green ears

No, but watch it anyway so Vinceposting will make sense.

Wow that is truly a garbage opinion. If 10 episodes minimum, 12-14 for the swset spot with high budget. 8 just leaves you with garbage cliffhangers

Quality > Quantity

What's with this meme opinion?

first 4 or so episodes are incredibly good, really loses its steam after that though

And yet TD season one is the best paced tv show it recent years, really makes me think

I want more True Detective

Fuggin loved both seasons

S1 had a great ending, it was just blatantly plagiarized.

>Sup Forums after the 3rd episode
>Sup Forums after the 4th episode
What a time to be alive lads