Why didn't I win a second term?

Why didn't I win a second term?

Top kekorino.

too good of a person

Why didn't I win a single term?

>giving away the canal

I hope that faggot rots in hell.

Because he never should have won a first term. The only reason he got elected was that he was running against Ford. If the GOP convention had chosen Reagan in '76 (as it nearly did), he'd have been president four years earlier and Carter would never have been in the White House.

Also, he was an unmitigated disaster in office. Reagan beat him by so much that the TV networks called it before the polls had even closed in 3/4 of the country.

You know, I feel bad for Jimmy Carter. He may not have been a good President but he is a legitimately kind and honest person. Would much rather have him as a candidate than the shitbags who run today.

CIA overthrew the Shah of Iran. Then made committed treason with the Ayatollah to get the hostages back after the election.

While speculators created a fake oil shortage.

The dude was a nuclear engineer and served in the Navy. He was undoubtedly smart and had a great heart. The problem is that he ran against Reagan. If he were running today, he would have crushed Clinton and Comrade Sanders in the primaries.

that and the gas lines

and the stagflation

and the hostages

and the failed rescue mission

The only reason anyone dislikes Jimmy Carter is the Hostage Crisis. Had he gotten the hostages back, he would've been reelected. People are still salty about it (and ONLY it) 30 years later.

I highly recommend his book Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid.

I absolutely adore this man.

he didn't cause any of that
and he did rescue that person fucking reagan took the credit like the faggot that he was

To be fair, everyone gave Reagan the credit and he gladly accepted it.

He did get the hostages back, but the Iranians wanted to fuck him over so they didn't release them until Reagan just took office.

Reagan never took credit you fuck. People credited him with the release

Stagflation was inherited from Nixon/Ford and going to fiat currency. Carter's economic and fiscal policies worked to fix it. In Reagan's first term.

The oil shortage of Carter was caused by market speculation, not an actual shortage of oil. Carter deregulated the domestic price of oil. Which caused a huge growth in drilling and made a lot of people in Texas and other states rich from oil money. Domestic oil supply surged in the 80s.

Hostage crisis was with in the last few months of the first term. He did the right thing and sent a military rescue mission. The problem was the Generals planning it fucked it all up. The marines couldn't mid air refuel. So they had to land in Iran to refuel on the ground. Which caused them to crash and abort the mission. Carter's only real screw up was not handing over the already dying Shah to Iran, in exchange for hostages.

Reagan and others committed treason to get the hostages back.

which he had MAYBE 1% to do with
carter truly cared and worked day in and day out to rescue them up until his last day in office
he is a much better person than he was president and i'm glad people at least know that

You was a commie sympathizer.

Yeah, that's why it didn't count at the time, and that's why he lost. He has said, obviously, that his biggest regret was his handling of the hostage crisis and he thinks he would've won if he got them back sooner.

As a Georgian, I am quite proud of Mr. Carter. He's a better president that people give him credit for.

I would have liked it if Carter won second term and Reagan took office after.

because you were by far one of the worst presidents in the history of this country

My dixie brother.

The 1973 oil crisis. And you fucked up the Iranian revolution something fierce.

Secret Service agents hated you Jimmy. They didn't like that you were an asshole.

Oh yeah, Iran.

I wonder whatever happened to that.

>73

Carter was president from 76 to 79.

79 Oil Crisis was caused by market speculation because of the Iran Revolution. There was no shortage of oil. The jews had just screwed the market up.

Op here i am also from Georgia, as a Naval Officer I will always love jimmy for his service

carter was president from 77-81

>Fucked over Rhodesia
>Fucked over Secularist Iran
He also didn't do any good. He was pretty harmless for the average American, but he was about as useful as Martin van Buren or Chester A. Arthur.

> double-digit unemployment
> gave away Panama Canal
> damned near got us into full scale war with Russia

He truly was a great friend and he will be forgotten after he dies and it truly makes me sad

>Carter was president from 76 to 79

kill yourself

thats not true Jimmy Carter is the opposite of an asshole

As a guy who hated American foreign policy in the last century, Carter was a very okay guy.

The hostage situation in Iran was a disaster waiting to happen ever since the CIA overthrew Mossadegh. Poor guy had to deal with the bullshit caused by his predecessors. True, he may have lost Iran, but at least he didn't lose it to the Soviet Union, as the Iranians were chanting both "Death to America" and "Death to the Soviet Union!"

How can you hate this face?

I think the CIA overthrew the Shah too. Georgia HW Bush was director at the CIA, FFS! Reagan already had that illegal backroom arms, drugs, and money deal.

You can't.

Carter has hated Israel since before it was cool. The kikes signed his peace deal and then proceeded to completely ignore it.

This man will go down in history as the kindest president in history
>never fired a shot
>worked to advanced nuclear energy
>tried to cut the dependence on oil
>opened trade with china
>started SALT
He may be unpopular but I will never hate him I think he was jewed for a second term to Alzhiemer Reagan

I keep reading it in this thread but where the fuck does that come from? That's absolutely wrong. The Shah from the very beginning was a pro-US puppet, why would the CIA try to overthrow him?

Not even remotely true. What happened for Carter sucked because the revolution in Iran could have happened at any moment. Carter was really a good guy, and I agree that he was the kindest US president in history, even though he wasn't my favorite.

Meanwhile, the highly praised Reagan was the absolute devil.

No, he will go down as an inept and useless president, along the lines of van Buren, Hoover, Harrison pt. 2, and most likely Obama.

Presidents that were largely ineffective at running the country, and presided over great times of economic turmoil, yet did nothing to stop them.

manufactured crisis to swing the election.

Carter was cutting Military Spending and wanted to do single payer health care. So he had to go.

CIA overthrew the democratically elected of Persia to protect BP's profits. You think they wouldn't overthrow their puppet ?

Reagan was indeed a scumbag, but I wouldn't say he was any worse than Clinton. Both of them had a huge part in the 2008 financial crisis, and both of them tried to sell away our liberties.

Carter's policies made a lot of Republicans rich in the 80s. When they finally took effect.

Reagan hired on Carter's economic people. Because his own people were inept and a recession hit.

this could not be any more true

I know that much. As much as I hate to admit it, Nixon is actually the best President we've had since 1963. He was, somehow, the least scumbaggy of them all.

Viva la Trump

Bush left the CIA in '77.

And Iran-Contra didn't happen until 1985.

True enough. Not enough proof though, but it is a possibility. The CIA doesn't directly answer to the US President, you oughta keep a leash on them brother.

Dude, the years under Bill were the best in all of Western history. From the fall of the Soviet Union to 9/11, those were the best years. Huge economic prosperity. Bill also stopped the trend of exponentially increasing debt. Fear of communism perished and the world knew peace. It was a great time to be alive.

Reagan was WAY worse than Bill. If Reagan didn't support those Muzzie terrorists in Afghanistan, they would have probably never had the capability to regroup later and commit 9/11. Friendly reminder, Bin Laden was also getting funded by the US in the Soviet-Afghan war since he fought with the Mujehaddin.

The prosperity of the 90's had nothing to do with Bill. The end of the prosperity had everything to do with him.