First they stopped making plinkett reviews

>First they stopped making plinkett reviews
>Now they dont even do half in the bag
>still make 17k/month on Patreon

How do these hacks sleep at night? They should be flipping burgers.

17k/month divided between 3-5 people, some of whom have children is fucking povert-tier. and i doubt they make much from ads or merch.

Say Mike gets 5k
Jay gets 4k
others get 2.5k each.

Min-wage where they live equals to about 1.7k/month

Considering they barely do fuck-all they are doing pretty good. A lot better than a lot of fucking people in their area that have to actually work 160+ hours a month.

Then if you include any one-time donations, youtube ad revenue, or site ad income there's maybe another 500-3k to go around. Needle-drop guy doesn't even have a patreon and still is able to support himself with shitty youtube vids and redlettermedia gets about same amount of view so Id say in the area of 3k/month for that is pretty reasonable assumption.

As a follow up to this, yes, I think mike makes more than jay.

>First they stopped making plinkett reviews
They did a TFA Plinkett review relatively recently. He only does the reviews if he feels strongly about the movie. He's not just going to churn them out just to nitpick stuff.
It's been about a month since their last one. I guess they could be doing more but there isn't a whole lot of movies they like to review out right now.
>still make 17k/month on Patreon
Nigga, they've been pumping out content at a much faster rate than normal lately.

Why am I defending RLM on Sup Forums? Fuck, what happened to my life..?

average salary is 4k a month so theyre not doing that good

I'm pretty sure Jack is the only one with kids, and I'm pretty sure he has an actual job, along with a wife.

Plinkett should be rarely done -- even though they took forever between the most-recent one and the one before that.

17k from patreon and lets say 3k from youtube rev and merch =20k a month.
I think mike owns the studio so no rent, means 5k split between them every month. Not bad for a bunch of movie shitlords.

not according to google, vast majority of their state that make 1.7k or less per month (thats what min-wage works out to right now). Where are you getting these alternate facts?

and they're getting this money for just making shit videos. stop trying to justify it.

I only wish they'd do Half in the Bag more often. The end of the year round up episodes are nice but they should talk about the movies that aren't huge block busters throughout the year.

Mike only does Plinkett reviews when he has something important to talk about or he really hates the movie. He doesn't just do it to make cheap nitpicky jokes about movies. You people might want that but it'd get old pretty quick if he just mass produced Plinkett videos with the same complaints over and over again.

Was a little bit surprised they didn't review Ghost in the Shell though realistically neither of them probably know anything about its source material. Even Rich isn't a filthy weeb.

You're a fucking weirdo freak. Why are you so obsessed with the finances of strangers you will never meet any have no idea you exist?

You gain nothing from this. You will be nothing. Stop it before it's too late.

>teenager who has never had a job
The post

They don't seem to like animation in general.

I'd have like to have listened to them bitch about ghost in the shell, kong: skull island, and maybe fate of the furious.

Instead they just take peoples money and then dont sit around and drink beers while discussing movies for us to feel like we have friends by watching

Mike, Jay, and Rich are RLM. Aids and beardfat are just hired hands. They probably just get paid a few bucks per appearance. Rich and aids also make money from twitch and their pre rec youtube.

Plinkett reviews take a lot of time and energy. You have to write out Plinkett's complaints about the movie, pull and curate all of the clips you want to use, and then you have to edit it all together. It's probably a huge pain in the ass to do them so I wouldn't expect Mike to ever mass produce them. You nerds are just upset that you have to keep watching the same videos over and over again on your friendship simulator.

>friendship simulator

I seen this as a comment in one of their videos, and I've been seeing this everywhere recently. What the fuck does it mean?

>I'd have like to have listened to them bitch about ghost in the shell, kong: skull island, and maybe fate of the furious.
Realistically though it would just be:
>Ghost in the Shell
Costume looks stupid but there were some cool parts that Jay liked I guess.
>Kong: Skull Island
Mike liked it, Jay didn't. Who cares?
>Fate of the Furious
Nothing new to say after they already reviewed the last one.

There's a reason they choose the movies they choose. If they just reviewed everything that came out, it's start to get repetitive really quickly.

It means people watch/listen to the videos in order to feel like they're in a room of their friends.

Of course they don't actually have any friends but the repetitive babble of youtubers make losers feel less alone.

>recently
user they've been called friend simulators on Sup Forums for literally years at this point.

No one here has actual friends because everyone here is either a Sup Forumstard or a libtard.

>>First they stopped making plinkett reviews
No they didn't.

>>Now they dont even do half in the bag
yes they do.

>>still make 17k/month on Patreon
Yes, because people that aren't you still enjoy their content and feel like voluntarily giving them money.

RLM and chronic depression don't mix well.

Actually that's not true. They mix perfectly. I had a period of particularly bad depression last year that basically caused me to isolate myself from all of my friends to the point that they don't bother contacting me anymore. I came to rely on RLM videos to keep me emotionally neutral, so to speak. All I really have left for friends now is my roommate and listening to RLM videos to fall asleep at night. My roommate only has to be my friend because we live together. RLM won't leave me, at least not until one of them dies and they stop making videos...

We need another famous arthouse indie film for them to shit on. Bit early in the year but still.

Exactly,

they need to realize they are providing a service beyond just movie reviews. When they don't release a half-in-the-bag video for over two weeks they are directly responsible for multiple suicides.

I don't think they want to be involved in that aspect of their fandom. It probably creeps them out.

I've resolved not to watch any RLM videos unless they release a new one. Gotta start rebuilding your life somewhere and RLM is too much of an anesthetic to allow for that change.

They do one like every 2 weeks you rabid sperg.

been over two weeks now. things are getting fucked.

Are you new to RLM?

ive already watched all their videos multiple times, just stop justifying what they're doing here.

What are they doing here? You sound disgruntled.

I'm not justifying anything, you autist.

I am just your average disgruntled RLM viewer.

Are you literally me?

Though my addiction to friend simulators isn't sated by RLM alone - they don't release new videos nearly quick enough to keep the loneliness away.

>barely 500k subscribers
Who tf cares about these faggots I constantly see them and thought they would be much bigger. Another shit recommendation by Sup Forums

>is a fag

t-taxes?

It's not like any movies have been coming out recently

They're going to kick it into overdrive once Summer hits. Just you wait.

Why do you care about plinkett reviews when mike has thoroughly outed himself as a plen? He has barely seen any classic or culturally relevant films. He's an idiot. Funny but an idiot.

I think he was looking at the average monthly income across the USA, which is slightly under 4k.

Because he's funny.

they half to get food on the table some how? and that building an't cheep

he's our only friend

New Plinkett is shit anyway. Ever since they became serious art critics who don't care about things like minor plot wholes and shitty dialogues.
I want them to nitpick the shit out of every shitty Star Wars and Star Trek movie that came out in the last decade. Scene by scene. They're TRASH and deserve it.
Of course that would take time and passion.

That is a task for a younger generation now.

>I want them to nitpick the shit out of every shitty Star Wars and Star Trek movie that came out in the last decade. Scene by scene.
Congrats for missing the point of Plinkett reviews.

I am excited for the next BotW and commentary track!! I want it now! It would be nice to have them tonight!!!

They make a video a week pretty consistently
Why are you so angry?

I would pay for a Plinkett's review of BvS

this would be fun, but only Sup Forums thinks enough about that film to gather anywhere near an essay's worth of thoughts on it.

Or Man of Steel.

I'd LOVE to see a Plinkett rant about the tornado scene

then watch cinemasins

pic related is what they get from youtube.

Lets say they get exactly the middle of the $1.7K - $26.9K range. that is basically ~12k from yt alone per month.

Now put that with your ~17k plus merch and probably parterships that we don't know about it and we have something in the range of 30k-40k/month.

which is 6k-8k per person if divided per 5.

a 6k per month to talk about your hobby living in Milwaukee seems to be a pretty good money.

Also is not like they release videos every day and most of their videos consist in them sitting around and drinking beer.

Plus they are getting more popular and the revenue will only increase.

Something about these RLM guys just makes me sick. Why does Sup Forums act like they're somehow superior to pathetic, talentless fucks like Doug Walker and the rest of those autists? RLM clearly has the means to create an actual film, but they make garbage like "Space Cop" and dumb reviews aimed at teenagers instead. Didn't they want to be actual directors and shit? I don't understand how an adult can enjoy this content but scoff at Doug, it seems like all the same shit to me.

Look at how much this man did with so little, what the fuck is RLM's excuse? How can they live with themselves?

>Children
Wait, what?

>act like they're somehow superior
It's not an act. They are superior because I like them more.Simple.

Why would you work hard to create art when you can make money sitting around and bullshitting about your hobbies?

they work three days a week max and make 4 times full-time min-wage worker do in Milwaukee. That's pretty damn good for basically being shitposters.

Spoony Mk II.

That's when you bring in the Wizard.

that hit close to home.
fortunately i recently started /tg/ing again so ive been feeling better

The Wizard has that nickname because he used to sell drugs, right?

there's nothing wizardy about it and if it was something related to, I don't know, D&D, they would already talked about the nickname origins

its cause he's fat and has a beard. they will only say it is because he has a beard, but we all know.

What you people don't get is that 10% goes to Patreon and overhead.
Then the remaining is taxed capital gains, that's ~40-45%
So on the conservative side, 17k a month actually is 8.4k a month.

Thats not THAT much after being split.

do they have regular jobs as well?

what info do we have on them?

Jack said on a Pre-Rec stream that youtube is Jay, Mike and Rich full time job

Jack still works with videos outside of RLM

8.4k split 3 ways with the primary 3, Mike, Jay, and Rich. Even if it's split even it's less then 3k a month. Mind you they're self employed, no benifits, so things like this would have to be purchased open market (read:expensive) also they would have to out of pocket retirement. Then there is the costs for cameras, sets, renting the building and lot, etc. etc/

Life is expensive yo. 17k can turn out to be not that much once you get down to it. There is a reason they sell merch and have youtube ads.