Just Watched L.A Confidential For The First Time

What an amazing fucking film, reminded me of L.A Noir, the music, the lighting, the cinematography, the acting. Certified Kino.

>reminded me of LA Noir
Do plebs this big really exist?

1/10 b8. Too obvious

Well, of course I know THE GAME was influenced by this INCREDIBLE FILM.

I just meant, seeing how I played the game before watching this, it reminded me of my time playing it.

Why?

It's a good fucking film.

kill yourself youngfag

You ignorant bastard.

I was merely saying how I enjoyed the film.

Well fuck you.

Not OP but why so pretentious? LA Noir is a nice distillation of noir, and not a bad intro to the genre.

You're making a point of saying a film reminded you of a video game whose only reason for existing is to remind you of movies

I'm sure you're baiting, but it's such a good movie that I don't even care.

10/10. Better than Chinatown.

I said it because the only Noir themed media I had really consumed before was the game.

ITT: butthurt autists who think when or how you came to enjoy something matters in any way.

You're right OP the film is real good and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Based on this thread you're one of the most ignorant people on Sup Forums right now you little shit. I hope you get cancer.

Watch Touch of Evil sometime soon.

Thankyou, all I was saying was how I liked this amazing film.

I'm scolded as some cancerous faggot for it.

go back to redd it you fucking queer

Never browsed Reddit in my life you absolute fucking cunt, seriously fucking off yourself.

Go fuck yourself, you nigger.

you're a redditfag kid who made a faggot thread that got shit on, you need to go back.

I have never browsed reddit you huge cunt.

I want you to die

>reddit accusing reddit of being reddit whilst vehemently denying being reddit, proving their lack of reddit by saying nigger and faggot

This thread needs to be nuked from orbit

you're not fooling anyone, you're probably underage as well. fuck off kid.

I've reported you all, enjoy your Sup Forums tier post bans.

if someone posts retarded shit they deserve to be called out and stating that you've reported anyone is breaking the rules newfag

He already stated he never saw LA Confidential, so he's obviously a pleb. Comparing it to a video game that obviously too inspiration and reference from said film doesn't make him a pleb at all, so you're a fucking tard for emphasising the wrong thing (since OP already took the wind out of your pretentious sense of superiority by admitting he was previously ignorant to LA Confidential).

Can't discuss anything from the 20th century nowadays because pretentious asshats (who are probably millenials anyway) always shitpost on threads because some people weren't enlightened as them and watched media before they did.

>See LA Confidential Thread
>sweet it's been a while
>it's this absolute shit show

Sup Forums was a mistake

this!

>Comparing it to a video game that obviously too inspiration and reference from said film doesn't make him a pleb at all
Citation needed

Butthurt Teens: The Thread

Rollo Tomasi

>crowe lived in the end

meme as fuck. 8/10 is the best i can do

>Butthurt
only a teen would use this term

Glad you liked it, OP. I liked the message it sent about it taking all kinds of cops to make a police force work, and not all of them can do their job effectively and stay squeaky clean.

>ahah guys look at me I just watched citizen kane and 2001 but it's okay, there's nothing wrong with being underage! we are all friends on reddit after all
>PS WOW FIRST REDDIT GOLD THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYBODY

>Kane came out in 1941
>2001 came out in 1968
>watching it for the first time today means you're underage because you aren't atleast 80 years old

user I hope you enjoy this (you)

y

Check out the newfag who didn't see Kane in it's original theatrical release.

Citation of what? That LA Noire took inspiration from LA Confidential? Fine you got me I don't have the bibliography about it but it's hardly a stretch considering the game and film cover the same era and a lot of themes, like celebrity culture and corrupt politics in the realm of post-war Los Angeles Law Enforcement. LA Confidential was a popular and well-regarded film, and probably the last major one of that time period and themes, so yeah it isn't a big leap of logic to assume a lot of LA Noire had inspiration from LA Confidential.

Or the citation that a kid had reference to the video game as it was his main primary media of the same themes and time period to his viewing of the film didn't make him a pleb? That's debatable, but I don't think his connection between the game and film isn't the plebeian act, his main plebeian act is not seeing LA Confidential until the seventeenth year of the 21st century.

Only teen is maybe OP. Although most of the butthurt is from all the pretentious fucks who make discussing any film older than 2000 a chore on this board because they apparently were the first ones to see such media and thus have much greater insights into the subject than anyone else on Sup Forums, and have to make sure everyone knows this.

Great film. Why hasn't anyone done another noir take on police corruption lately? With all the shootings and blacklivesmatter stuff you would think someone would take advantage of that.

>LA Noir
>pleb

You're either trolling or retarded

If you set the story in contemporary times you'd just get the usual crowd complaining about SJWs and their values infiltrating all forms of media- at least if you do it in the 60s the police corruption is allowed because SJWs as we know them now didnt exist back then

This movie is trash, aside from the opening scene. And the opening scene is only great on a technical level

Aside from that, it's just Charlton Heston's godawful impersonation of a Mexican, and Orson Welles at his very fattest talking about chili for a whole movie

Armond pls go

OP Here

I'm sincerly sorry for the shit show.

While I have only been browsing Sup Forums for 3 years now, I can see the obvious declines.

Here I am, trying to lament on an incredible film I just had the pleasure of experiencing and amerisharts enter the thread and derail it with moronic name calling.

>He doesn't know what lament means
>He used it in a sentence anyway
OK I've changed my mind, OP underage b&

Lament is the wrong work, actually my friends call me out all the time for using pretentious words.

Pro tip - I was born in 1998

He also did Wonder Boys, which I like.

Your friends are retarded if they think lament is a pretentious word but possibly not as retarded as using words you think sound intelligent without knowing what they mean

kill me

I forgot he died until I saw his picture just now. He seemed like a good guy.

>because they apparently were the first ones to see such media
Pretty sure it came from OP comparing LA Confidential to a video game.

Only you can do that for you user, but you shouldn't. Find Jesus' light and find salvation in his love. Be at peace.

It's one of those films you can rewatch multiple times and never get sick off

Damn. You have shit taste.