/180/: CORAL UK OPEN DAY 2

2nd March 2018 will forever be enshrined in darting history as the most ridiculous day of televised darts there ever was. The UK Open started with no fans in Butlin's Minehead for health and safety reasons, no main stage being used due to heavy snow on the Skyline Arena canopy and then got even more surreal when the darts actually started, with all but one of the six former champions that were in the field losing in the last 64 (only James Wade survived) completely blowing the field wide open. The last 32 and last 16 will be held today.

The replacement main stage in Reds Bar commences with a battle of pricks between Northern Ireland's Daryl Gurney and Belgium's Kim Huybrechts. Superchin came from 9-7 down to beat Jelle Klaasen while the Hurricane held off a vigorous attempted fightback by Gabriel Clemens from 8-2 behind to get through.

We will be travelling at about Mach 1000 in the next game as 2010 runner-up Gary Anderson faces hyperspeed's Ricky Evans. Gando was troubled by Robert Rickwood early doors but reeled off 7 straight legs to dispose of the Burnley clogger, while Rapid's run from Round 1 saw him beat Andreas Hajimena, Carl Wilkinson and then Luke Humphries, recording the tournament's highest average against Cool Hand.

Two first-time TV winners then meet with reigning World Champion Rob Cross against Auckland Masters champion Kyle Anderson. Voltage got into some big problems against Nathan Aspinall with the Original getting into a mighty tussle with Vincent van der Voort; if these two play to their best, this will be a cracker.

Youth closes the main stage this afternoon as 22 year old Aussie bogan Corey Cadby plays 21 year old German Martin Schindler. The King dispatched Michael Rasztovits with relative ease, while the Wall's madcap dash from Gatwick to Minehead paid off as he eliminated Ryan Harrington.

Coverage starts at 12:30pm UK time on ITV4. All of today's matches are the best of 19 legs (first to 10 legs).

Other urls found in this thread:

pdc.tv/news/2018/03/02/2018-coral-uk-open-day-one
theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/26/martin-adams-darts-interview-prostate-cancer-health
youtube.com/watch?v=c8Q73TU9UTA
youtube.com/watch?v=oNDv78Ze-zQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Afternoon session (12:30pm - 5:00pm)
Fourth Round (best of 19 legs [first to 10])

>Main stage fixtures
Daryl "Sweet C4-line" Gurney v Kim "Husband of Dana" Huybrechts
Gary "Big Game Counter" Anderson v Ricky "CopperCab" Evans
Rob "BAuLDtism" Cross v Kyle "Conehead" Anderson
Corey "Cuntvict" Cadby v Martin "Berlin Ball" Schindler

>Evening session (7:00pm - 11:00pm)
Fifth Round (best of 19 legs [first to 10])

>Day one review and full fourth round draw
pdc.tv/news/2018/03/02/2018-coral-uk-open-day-one

For anyone that missed it in yesterday's thread, here's the interview from earlier in the week with Martin Adams discussing prostate cancer and darts: theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/26/martin-adams-darts-interview-prostate-cancer-health

While it's excellent to see Wolfie having been cured of a terrible disease, some of his comments relating to the arrows are a bit bizarre:

>Money isn’t everything,” Adams says, looking bemused by the hugely successful PDC world championships at Alexandra Palace which precedes the less overblown BDO version. “I’ve got no desire to go to Ally Pally. Most people are there just for the drink and the party and I find that strange. A ticket is £30 or £40. Imagine if you said to someone coming into the pub: ‘I’m going to charge you £30 to come in and you can get as drunk as you like, sing as much as you like and I’m going to overcharge you on the beer.’ Would they come in? No. Why they do it at Ally Pally is beyond my belief. Lakeside is true darts supporters. If somebody tries a sing‑song people shut them up. We have a fantastic atmosphere at Lakeside. It’s proper darts.”

>The best players today are all on the PDC circuit but Adams shrugs when asked if Taylor and Michael van Gerwen are the greatest he has faced. “They’re great on their day and when they’re hitting it they’re unbeatable. But for me the greatest player of all time is Eric Bristow [who won five world titles compared to Taylor’s 16]. Eric got to two world finals with dartitis [the equivalent of the yips in golf]. He didn’t win either but that shows his true grit.”

And we're on now.

>still not letting anyone in

Y'all ready for Cadby to win his first major?

Butlin's have closed the resort, that's why.

Enormous shambles for all involved.

Closed the resort and told everyone who was still there to fuck off. What a shitshow.

The decision to not let fans in should have been made far earlier than it was.

Roll on global warming

Can't really argue with him regarding Eric Bristow as the G.O.A.T. as he's certainly not the only person with that opinion. Plenty of the older guys would put Bristow above Taylor in the all-time rankings.

As for the Ally Pally comments, I tend to agree with him that the Lakeside has the more knowledgeable and truer darts supporters than Ally Pally generally does. People go to the PDC Worlds to have a night out and BDO Worlds because they're loyal supporters of the BDO and fans of the game.

>Yozza 3-0 up on the Dab

>this fucking Noel Gallagher song that starts off like "Ca Plane Pour Moi" but isn't as a walk-on

>former BDO players spanking the higher quality PDC players...

>ear plugs in

Think it proves that those who don't switch are chickenshit wimps with no balls.

>Michael Smith man of the people

>i'll be outside the spar shop
>i'll be the one with a packet of monster munch in my hands

DAT SHANGHAI

How does he score?

Great game so far.

Younger Nicho had all the look of someone who would be in an indie band around 2006.

Cock like a can of Relentless with an apple on top.

>Kimbo Jobber

Is Kimbo's main (only) problem that he's the least intimidating player in darts? He has pretty much everything you need top be a top 10 darts player, but it's impossible to imagine anyone being intimidated by playinga gainst him.

>heating broke 10 days ago, wasn't fixed

No way they're going back to Butlins

Yeah, Barry is going to wipe his ass with that newly-signed 3 year contract after this fiasco.

He looks too much like a chipmunk for anyone to be scared of him.

New three-year contract in the bin.

Has a venue ever won knob of the week?

Based dab man has tied the match against Hughes, 7-7 currently.

Smith seems like the kind of guy who buys a whole cheese wheel and takes large bites from it.

>Based dab man
he's much more fun than I thought

He's the inverse of Clownman: absolutely dull onstage, but a complete nutter off it.

Has Russ Bray been drunk last night?

Has he ever been sober?

Gurney has been turd here.

>Johnny Fat rolling back the years

Good to see the lesser of two evils win.

>this is what a 27 year old looked like in 1994
>this is what a 27 year old looks like now

The Dab wins from 7-5 down.

The Third Round withdrawal curse hits again.

Kim all but confirming Autism is the new Pheel.

RE Cross: The difference between Cross starting out and Cross now is about five stone by the look of things. I understand travelling on the road makes it hard to stay trim but bloody hell he's clearly worked his pie arm just as much as his darts one.

It's the beta blockers that have caused his weight gain.

>filename

i am em vee gee
i am ze man to beat

>skinny meulenkamp

Come on John Fat!

>Last leg of the Part game

THAT 93

JOHNNY FAT

DARTH MAPLE

Just had a croque monsieur. Was quite nice.

Nice to see Darth Maple making a good run here.

>Gando laughing
This match will be memes.

RAPID
I
C
K
Y

Get the feeling Evans has the lowest IQ of any tourcard holder.

Can you get lower than Chizzy's 0?

>Rapid Busty

Dream Boy's not fucking around today.

Ricky Rapids would be better than Rapid Ricky.

>James Wattimena
He's a snooker player you fucking mong

Gary Anderson doesn't look very Scottish.

>the last 6

the fuck

>these jokes from the commentators

Is Ricky legit retarded?

youtube.com/watch?v=c8Q73TU9UTA

lol

Ratajski through!

>this man has not got a Tour Card

are the girls still banned

>Part averages in the tournament so far
> 82.2, 71.6, 92.4, 87.4

Walk-on girls
>yes

Dancers/cheerleaders
>no

so long rapid lad

DO DO DOD DODO DODO DODO DOD DO DODO DO DO DOD DODO DODO DODO DOD DO DODO DO DO DOD DODO DODO DODO DOD DO DODO DO DO DOD DODO DODO DODO DOD DO DODO DO DO DOD DODO DODO DODO DOD DO DODO

No joy for BUNT MAN as Wattimena dumps him out 10-8.

remember when he first burst onto the scene, convinced he was going to be a main event player, but didn't quite have it
also you now remember his cm punk obsession

bunt no

>I hate slow players
>I hate hyperspeed players

>Fans of "The Darts" think this is funny
considering how "funny" the "funniest moments in darts" videos are on youtube I'm not surprised honestly.

Gary: He's too fast
kek

Stop talking about mvg, fucking bitch

Remember when he thanked "Mr Phil Brookes" after a match? What a fucking nonce.

Do they not reach Rick and Morty levels of intellectual humour?

>Robert Owen attempting to headbutt the board

dreadful scenes
glad taylor buried him desu

HAHA time for rob "vanilla midget" cross

Really hope that Kyle Anderson manages to pull an upset here.

The fuck is that throwing motion

Paul Hogan currently averaging 105 against De Zwaan.

youtube.com/watch?v=oNDv78Ze-zQ

Russ Bray is the most interesting part of this sport I've found so far.