Best place to study?

What is the best country to study in? And why should you study there?

Other urls found in this thread:

topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2018
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looking for a great place to travel and study in

How much money do you have and which languages do you speak? That should resolve your question.

Very few European unis offer their undergrad programs in English. And even if they do, do you really want to spend 4+ years of your life in a country where you don't speak the local language?

Since the only subjects that matter is STEM related i say MIT is the best, so Boston, USA

Norwegian, English and a bit of German. Have some money saved up but thinking about finding some work online or in the country that I will be visiting

Probably Nordic cunts tbqh. Depends of what you mean by "best".

With my grades I don't have a chance getting into MIT, nor am I too interested in the field

financially, easy to get in to, great people, teachers, the atmosphere outside of campus, stuff like that. Any good experiences?

If your only preoccupation was the welfare system and don't care about grade/prestyge then you are alredy in one of the best countries for studying at uni level.
Instead if you really want to move then move to sweden/finalnd

This.
Maybe Denmark as I've heard they're pretty social folks.

Sweden is obliterated by islam so that's like moving to a sinking ship. Not to get too political. Dunno about finland. Poland seems nice too actually.

The United States is the best place to study. 4 out of 5 of the best colleges in the world are in the US.

I wish my country were more like Sweden if the price is to have been trucked once in a while
I fail to see why you want to move so much from norway though (no harsh feeling)

topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2018
link

Denmark was the "happiest" country last i checked. Everybody has a bike there since the country is so flat. Something we norwegians laugh about, having our tall mountains. They drink alot too, maybe thats why they are so happy?

What major?

If computer science, Stanford, MIT, or maybe Carnegie Mellon.

If engineering/science in general, Stanford or MIT, mb Berkeley. If in Europe, prob Imperial if not Oxbridge

If medicine, Harvard, UCSF, UW, JHU, Washu, etc or mb UCL or Imperial if in Europe

If business/econ, I can only recall LBS for Europe. In the US, basically all the Ivies (mb except Brown), MIT, UChicago, and so

Agreed, but you guys have an extra year of studies. Here we only have 3 years for a bachelor not 4. And financing that last year sounds like a pain. Would love to go to the us though. The political situation is enticing rn.

I have plans to come back don't worry. Just being young you want to explore the world a bit right?

It's pretty biased on the anglosphere like many of this "rank"
Note that the MIT is still the best and many on that list is over the top aswell

Then I suggest France (or Italy) for humanistic major, for STEM germany/uk
Regarding finance i have no idea
This still if your aim is to experience new culture
Keep in mind that outside of nordic countries don't expect your marvellous social system and many thing are bureocratic hell in all the countries that i have listed

Thinking about business, marketing and such. But reading your lists makes me doubt going to study in the first place. At least in the US since you get such a big debt when you are done.

Yeah you know what, go to your preserved Poland, get your degree in Whiteness Studies and stay poor your whole life.
Or you may go to the US in one of those "top" unis giving all your shekels to a good 56% individual, only to get shot before the end.

Whats a humanistic major? Some liberal art degree? And yeah I will watch out.

How are your university in France?
I mean beside the famous one in Paris

Well, if you ever look into Asia, I had a feeling that SMU in Singapore has a decent program. Mb Hong Kong has some good programs.

Dunno much about Europe besides LBS (only MBA and PhD) or LSE. Imperial has MBA and so but not sure if its MBA is as good as the school's other major.

Yeah liberal arts, sorry I didn't know the correct term in english

Canada

Poland is cheap ass hell to live in I've heard. A friend of mine is going there to pursue a medical degree. After being there on vacation I can se why.

Some guy is making life choices based on Sup Forums memes. Heh.

I can't speak about all unis, but mine had its pros and cons. Great teachers if you ask me, but poor assets - underfunded, aging furniture and buildings. Great environment though, in an old park and castle, right in the middle of the city. Pretty multicultural but that's like all unis I guess.
The thing is, science in France is probably the field that's having the least support. We're currently experiencing some kind of student crisis, because eveyone's going to the same fields, and selections have to be made etc. Hard science is amongst the least popular, thus gets less funds, but you have an easier time studying since rooms aren't packed and teachers are available. Plus since the field isn't crowded employment shouldn't be an issue.

Got to know a guy from china who was studying in poland at a hostel I was staying at. We stayed up drinking vodka the whole evening. He said that studying in Hong Kong is costy, and hard to get into.

What are the universities in Norway like?

No worries. I don't know what I want to pursue when it comes to degrees so I'm kind of stuck.

Not a bad suggestion. I have to read up on the country tho. Don't know a thing about it besides that thats where drake, deadmau5 and beiber are from.

THATSA MEE

Thanks for the info.

You basically describe the average italian university
The only things different is perhaps the science field having the least support.
If I have to make a list from what field people most likely study to the least i say:
Business & Finance rank on top
STEM
Liberal art
Meme degrees
Thank you anyway, once again I can see that our countries are more similiar than one may actually think

Haven't gone to one. But school here so far is pretty anti-social. In the sense that people don't talk that much to each other, especially if you don't know the person you sit next to. You might talk but not hang out or do shit together. I know that's to be expected at the uni level. I guess im looking for a more human connection

France

Well I actually studied in Nice, which is probably the uni closest to Italy, if that's of any relevance. It's still the French system anyway.

What do you mean by meme degrees? Shit degrees that you can't use for shit??

Does it matter if I don't speak french.

Ok, the main problem of the italian universities is the outdates infrastructure and the lack of funds (which are a problem in pretty much everywhere).
Aside from that, the ambience is comfort and the professor are capable
Yes, degrees which are a waste of time to complete unless you don't need to work

What do you mean?
French is useless in Italy.
If you want to know if there are entire degree in English then the answer is yes but not all degrees have this option

Thanks for the info! Feel like I've learned alot

Another Norway user here who has a BSc. Norwegian unis have a lot of freedom. It might completely screw up people like me who are introverted and have social anxiety, but if you're extroverted you'll probably have a great time. To be more specific, by freedom I mean that a ton of classes don't require any attendance or participation in activities. This means that a lot of the time you have to go out of your way to make friends. I tried being a bit social during my first year, but failed miserably and spent the rest of my time as a student being depressed, not going to any classes and being a complete shut-in with literally zero friends.

No problem
But the main question you need to ask yourself is what do you want to study (in which field) and since you are willing to move to an another country the pick the best: in Europe(Germany and UK) in America(MIT, Harvard, Stanford...)

*Then try to pick the best

Surely joining a social or sports club would help make more friends? It's a similar case here in Australia where you don't have to attend lectures nor do you have to really talk to anyone except for group assessments.

Yes, if you actively join clubs and whatnot, you'll make friends.

America, you already know english and we have the best universities. It also a very nice place to travel for foreigners.