Why do millennials refuse to tip?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dwiFTAU1O2w
scholarship.sha.cornell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1110&context=articles
scholarship.sha.cornell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1022&context=articles
digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1660&context=thesesdissertations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can't afford it.

Because it's bullshit.
Their employer hired them, the consumer had no choice.
The employer should (and do) pay them, stop trying to pass the buck you fags.

the entire system is stupid. if companies paid their waiters a decent wage they wouldn't need a tip, it's fucking taxed as income.

No thanks, I don't subsidize stupid college age sluts that get sugar daddy money for waiting tables and looking cute. I don't support single mothers and dumb roasties that think they deserve 20% bare minimum even if they give shitty service.

The only thing I tip is my fucking fedora when I see some stupid slut that expects me to pick up where her jew boss doesn't want to pay. I hope her niggerbaby born out of wedlock starves without my tips.

>implying I should be forced to subsidise an employer's shitty wage practices

Why is this ausfag such an edgelord.

Tipping is the best free market indicator of service. It is a voluntary transaction. Look at Molyneux that's how he makes his money.

>grew up consuming pirated ""free""" content from the interwebs
>went to school for """free"" on daddy's pocket
>has been indoctrinated to believe services should be """free""" by liberals

of course tippng makes no sense, as he/she believes there such a thing as being entitled to free service with no fucks given about how the food biz works

Because they spit in your food anyway you dumb cuck.

>The only thing I tip is my fucking fedora when I see some stupid slut that expects me to pick up where her jew boss doesn't want to pay.

> If you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to go out and eat.
Exactly, and that's why I don't and why brick and mortar restaurants are dying every day all across the country to fast food chains like chipotle, subway, and jimmy johns that don't require tipping and are cheaper.

I'm sure we are all better off.

When I get a 15 dollar haircut I tip around five dollars. Is that too much?

if you tip you're a part of the problem

FACT: If everyone stopped tipping right now, the problem would fix itself pretty soon

Because you touch yourself at night.

I tip as long as the waitresses keep their fucking hands off me. I hate being touched by people I don't know.

It is a more efficient system if you want good service. Tipping incentivizes good service directly. Businesses benefit (lower cost), consumers benefit (better service), and employees benefit (if they cheat on their taxes). If there were no tipping, you would end up paying the same amount but get worse service on average.

Why would you tip? You pay money in exchange for a service. I don't tip my mailman for bringing me letters - that's his job. I don't tip a mechanic for fixing my car - that's his job. So i'm not gonna tip a waiter for bringing me food - that's his job.

What the fuck is a Tip? Like, you guys buy something for the waitstaff? Give them foodscraps? I don't get what you're pissing about.

How do non tippers live with themselves when they don't tip? Isn't that embarrassing as fuck?

Tip is a bonus
You should deserve it first

nah, restaurants are dying because americans have shit taste when it comes to food. Chain restaurants are doing just fine. Everyone I know likes to eat the same shit over and over, never like trying new things.

Without the tips to me restaurants charge way to much. A meal should be ten bucks max even if it's a steak.

>embarrassing

probably embarrassing for the waitress who literally believes i'm going to give her 20% more just because "it's the thing to do"

Its irrational. It is a better system for getting good service. Everyone benefits. Dipshits act like they are getting ripped off but really they are freeloaders.

But user, that waiter didn't spit in your food before it got to you, he deserves his ransom

>Americans have to put up with this borderline extortion every time they go to a restaurant
Lol

Some restaurants have mandatory tips lol

>Waiters are paid under minimum wage

No they arent. Thats against the law.

If they dont get tips that add up to minimum wage, the employer has to make up the difference. Stop paying for someone else's employee

>Everyone I know likes to eat the same shit over and over, never like trying new things.

i think thats happening everywhere in the western world

kids are raised to have no taste. i know 15-17 year olds who still stick to children menus on restaurants because they are afraid to anything other than chicken fingers and spaguetti

You have to pay them to be nice to you otherwise they will spit in your food if you go back

youtube.com/watch?v=dwiFTAU1O2w

Okay. Enjoy the taste of my saliva then juan

this

if anything, I just tip $2 if I feel like I should butI really shouldnt

Even worse in leaf land, they get minimum wage plus tips ontop.

Fuck you, a tip is earned not entitled.
Be a good waiter/tress and generally a pleasant presence and you'll get a tip, be grumpy and indifferent and you get just your wage.
If you don't go the extra mile you don't get the extra money, it's a simple fucking concept.

If you got rid of tipping, your food would cost more and you would be served by dumb black people and hispanics who only speak Spanish. Tipping is a more economically efficient system that guarantees better service on average.

>Govt should give us free stuff cause we do shitty jobs that arent worth anything
>Oh sorry, I dont tip, your job isnt worth anything

>Why do millennials refuse to tip?
they are red pilled

Lel, it's literally Capitalism.

Good service = good tip
Bad service = bad tip

Tha's why I've usually had good service in America.

pay extra at a restaurant? i get a full meal for about 900 at lunch, 1300 at dinner. how much more would i have to pay to be considered "nice" enough? Is canada realy so stupid about being polite?

>tipping incentivizes good service
no it doesn't, that's a misconception. It barely affects the quality of service at all

scholarship.sha.cornell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1110&context=articles
scholarship.sha.cornell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1022&context=articles
digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1660&context=thesesdissertations

Bingo.

If tippable staff were paid minimum wage, your food/drinks/etc. would cost more to reflect that.
And, you would recieve the same generic shitty service you get at fast food chains, grocery stores, gas stations, elementary schools, etc.

I managed a large nightclub for 7 years. 6 doormen, 33 bartenders, 8 waitresses, 8 cashiers, 47 security.

My best bartenders made $1200-$1500 a WEEK in tips. They also had the most loyal customers--some would actually leave the club if their preferred bartender was out sick for the night. Those loyal customers made up 50% of our revenue. They decided how much my staff earned. Not me, but the customers.

I gave the best shifts to the staff that made money for the business, and for themselves.

They earned every penny they took home.
They worked for it, and for their customers.

Imagine a world where teachers were paid $2.35 an hour, and the the rest of their income is tips from parents. A world where teachers who waste a semester preaching tranny rights instead of differential equations only earn minimum wage and get replaced by people who teach knowledge instead of an agenda.

More jobs should rely on tips, not less.

Why do amerifats tip so much?
Here tipping is just rounding up a bit.
Like 29,40€ to 30€

i tip for a nice service, i dont tip for a shitty one. if everyone would do it like me those entitled assholes would have to work for money like the rest of us

>good service
What is this meme? I'd understand if I had the entire wait staff waiting at my beck and call but they only see me three times during my meal

Once to take my order, once to drop it off, and once to refill my drink. Then I get my bill and piss off. I interact with the wait staff for less than 2 minutes total every time I eat

I don't think they deserve $3/min. I'd be more than happy to stand up and get my own food from the window

But I still tip because I'm only autistic, not an asshole

>implying I'll even be able to taste your weak spit.
I won't even notice, I'll be able to eat my food and enjoy it and not pay your low-skilled ass a single cent.
And you'll tell yourself that you fucking got to me for drooling on part of my pasta or quesadilla that I didn't even realize. And you'll keep telling yourself that you fucking got me when you're scraping down dishes with a light wallet. I'd gladly drink a gallon of spit so long as it was laced with your salty waitercuck tears

I completely understand why tipping is bacisically accepted as conditional in america. They are paid like shit. A good waiter is always appreciated. You basement dwelling sperges would know this if you had a reason to eat out.

I figure if I can afford to eat out, and service doesn't suck ass, the tip is reasonable extra expense. My father was a cheap fuck and it was so embarrassing to see him tip literally cents on a $60 check, never again.

Besides, it's student loan money aka not real right???

Isn't this image literally saying if you don't tip you don't deserve to be served? At the bottom?

Get served by black people making minimum wage and hispanics who don't understand a word you are saying and get back to me on good service being a meme.

Several cities are starting to have restaurants that won't allow tipping and the food isn't that much more expensive. I know Seattle and San Fransico are two that are leading the way in this

A good server will give you suggestions on what to order, knows what's going on in the kitchen and even tell you if something is fresh, bring you to a nice seat instead of just the closest one, might even start a small talk while taking an order if the place isn't crowded.

It's the same in some US states, like California.

It's thread like this makes Sup Forums browsers show their true faces

Kek nothing unepected. A bunch of irrelevant edgy people that nobody in this society cares about.

Tipping is a scam.

That's not voluntary though

Here we do it like this

Good service = tip
Bad service = no tip

Here are my Tip rules:

1. Do not ever tip if you are in a worse financial situation than your server (i.e. poor, work min wage, retail, etc.)
2. NEVER tip more than 10%. Seriously the entitlement these days is cancer.
3. If you ever receive ANY kind of bad service whatsoever in any way, shape, or form, do not ever tip that individual for the rest of time.
4. In the case you do not tip, and must return to the establishment, always properly check the contents of your food. Smell it carefully. Look for signs of food sabotage. You could become very rich if you do. Unfortunately, if done well it will be hard to detect.
5. Don't be afraid to accidentally trip servers who have a bad attitude. Apologize profusely, and make sure to tip a few pennies to make them feel like the trash they are. Remember a tip of 3 cents is worse than no tip.

If you follow these rules, we can help make the world a better place by making human trash suffer. Hopefully you can be the driving factor that leads them to seppuku. :)

I don't refuse to tip. I tip for very good service.
If it's McDo-tier (not BAD, just ordinary) service, then why should I pay extra? Waiters are doing their job.
If the staff goes beyond that and gives surprisingly good service for the price tag, I gladly tip.

I round up.
So if a meal costs me 52, i'll leave 60 on the table.

I pay the pizza man because he has to climb to the 4th floor and he's old and probably a heavy smoker.

don't patronize those places you idiot

it's really not hard

>Bad service = bad tip
I think this is the problem everyone has with retarded american tipping culture.

You just got a bad service?
Lmao leave a tip anyways cause the next time you'll get saliva in your food.

If you get a bad service you leave without paying at all and just never come back to the same place.

>Here we do it like this
>Good service = tip
>Bad service = no tip
Literally never heard of tips in Australia

You are right when your threatened to getting fucked with your tip isn't voluntary.

Can any Americans post what happens if you don't tip?

yeah, i see how it is Leafland

nobody bantz canada
>haha, i'm a Sup Forumsack like you, seig heil lol xD

sombody bantz canada
>omg, you guys are evil nazi autist basement dwelling spergs! praise Trodou Faggins and the Fellowship of diversity

>Why do amerifats tip so much?

Because tipping is part of the bill.
Except you decide how much the waitress earns.
Give her nothing? The restaurant still pays her minimum wage.
Give her 10$ because she made your meal more than pleasant? She'll still be there in three months when you come back.

If you hate the freedom of paying whatever you want, or is earned, for service, there are many alternatives.

I'm pretty sure McDonalds and the grocery store don't operate on tips.

If they give you horrible service, you don't tip.
If they give you bare minimum service, you tip 10% of the bill. Good service gets 15%. Excellent service, you tip 20%, and I mean excellent service.

Because my friend who works as a waiter told me he has to hand over all tips to the manager.

I think you should stop going to shitty restaurants

I've just never take up their time like that. I get what sounds good or ask my friends for a suggestion

Tipping is willingly letting yourself be cucked because of social pressure

Because I worked a minimum wage job in the back-of-house, busted ass harder than any waitress at my place, and still took home 1/3d the amount they made BEFORE I got taxed to hell.

I was gunna post the same. These threads defiantly separate the spegs from the Normie's, glad I'm a normie compared to some

Bullshit, here in the states i hardly do any waiting for any food, let alone drinks. When i went to Europe everything was fucking slow, even drinks took forever

>Seattle and San Fransico are two that are leading the way

Faggot.

>do pizza delivery on top of going to school
>keep track of addresses that don't tip
>routinely spit, sneeze, cough, and stick finger up ass and rub it all over these stingy fucks' pizzas
>other drivers even give heads up on non tipper's houses
>never get caught

it sounds like you guys turned eating out into pokemon battles

I usually only tip qt's that flirt or people who make me feel special

I should have said excellent service or someone going the extra mile like the pizza guy picking up smokes

I love this

The service most of the time is shit when they ate depending on tips, can you imagine how fucking awful it will be when they don't have to care?

Eh, it's one of those things you don't really think about if you grew up with it.

Japanman are u stupid

Did you read anything you linked to? All three papers looked at tip size and service quality and all three concluded that people tip more when they get better service. Are you serious?

that's because europe sucks, try australia

as far as i'm concerned if we aren't trying to kill one another then we are both profiting just fine from the social contract

give me an indignant scowl if you want you are never going to see me again anyway

you're so superior to them all, leaf browser, society cares so much about you

It's not something you ask for, the server will do that out of experience and good manners by himself.
And you're not taking their time, appeasing to customers is what makes an activity roll and gives you regular ones.
Ever watched something like uk hell's kitchen ? Most of the times those place have also problems with terrible servers who might even get fired.

Fucking 5 star post

There's absolutly no tipping in France (except for high-end gastronomy but it's like 200$ a meal minimum anyway) but the waiters aren't stupid or amateurish. Why ? Because they still need customers to come back, to leave the restaurant happy about the service and tell their friends to go there. If they don't, the business go under, if they don't their boss will let them go. It's called management.

I tip according to service. If your employer doesn't pay you enough, don't fucking work there.

This is so fucking typical of the left.
I generally tip, because it's common courtesy for good service even here in Norway. I would also do it in the US. However, posters like that have the opposite effect, and it just makes me pissed off at the lazy, entitled asshole who wrote it, which makes me want to not tip.

This goes for so many other issue on the left as well, that I would oppose simply because the people who support it are incredibly loud, insulting and offensive.

I want to print this on cards and leave them as tips

Tipping is kind of stupid, honestly. I know the idea is to incentivise good service, but what it really does is make service providers act like goofballs "trying to be your friend" and make them subject to the monetary habits of their customers. Word-of-mouth and repeat customers are far better moderators of the free market than volunteer paying.

I only tip if the service was excellent. Fucked my order up? No tip. Waiter/tress has a shitty attitude? No tip. Don't ask once or twice if i need anything after I've been served? No tip. Put the tap on the table facw up? No tip. Tips are earned, not expected.

as someone who works in USA hospitality as a waiter and bartender, the tipping system sucks, i'd much rather be paid a flat wage plus commission as a lot of restaurants do in other parts of the world (and some here at home)

tipping puts up this huge awkward barrier between you and a customer because the customer thinks it's all about money when i'm legitimately trying to make sure you have a great evening/meal/occasion/whatever

now i don't work at a red carrabbabees garden, i work at a nice, privately owned restaurant that does a lot of caterings for weddings and events, stuff that is special. so of course i want that event to be special because that will be a landmark in a person's life. but when a customer only thinks it's about the tip, then that just makes everything suck for both parties

I'm a bartender. If you don't tip I'll remember your face. Best not to come back to my bar after stiffing. You'll see how great my tipping regulars get treated while you sit with an empty glass. People NEVER stiff me.

Autism is rough ain't she

Edgy

They would then have to raise the cost of the product. It would even out.

you're probably a shit bartender then

people don't stiff bartenders who give a fuck