What went so horribly, horribly wrong?

What went so horribly, horribly wrong?

>Le car memes
Grand tour is faggot trash

Show misses the point of why people liked Top Gear. They clearly don't have their heart in it.

Your post.

>too much money
>too little actual good content
>special was a flop
if season 2 doesnt pick up ill just keep watching TGUK24 onwards

The dead actor segment should have been dropped after the first episode

The show isn't even about cars anymore, for a long time in the latter Top Gear seasons they at least attempted a facade of automobile focus but it's just a blatant and unashamed general entertainment show that relies entirely on the chemistry between the three (which becomes more and more forced the more ridiculous the situation gets - they always work the best in comfy scenarios which the high budget completely demolished).

Way too much obvious scripting. Too much $ they keep wasting on pointless shit. Fat US driver is crap. Celebrity shit is retarded.

They need to get rid of the wacky shit they do. Like that episode where they drive second hand Maseratis in France. It was a brilliant episode until the unnecessary 'lol so funny suicide jump scene'.

Stop driving cars.

>Way too much obvious scripting
this is the only truth spoken in this thread

Fuck you, I paid good money for that car. I drive around hipster neighbourhoods in first gear at midnight for the fun of it.

The fear of being sued by the BBC if they did anything remotely too similar to top gear.

What exactly was different, in your opinion? They just moved the studio to different countries

Top Gear was obviously scripted too, and did all sorts of wacky shit only tangentially related to cars. I don't mind the celebrity running joke since the actual interviews they did on Top Gear I'd wind up skipping through because I only knew or cared about 2-3 of them, total.

>Top Gear was obviously scripted too, and did all sorts of wacky shit only tangentially related to cars

Not even close as much as GT.

What people wanted from GT was Top Gear specials with better budget.

What pisses me off is why did they choose such a shit annoying cast to present the new Top Gear

They should of gotten Jay Kay to present

I leiked the top gear specials where they went to other countries and drove around in shitty cars does that make me a pleb? I miss it

>I leiked the top gear specials where they went to other countries and drove around in shitty cars does that make me a pleb
Literally the highlight of the show user

Nothing went wrong, except for a lot of people having unrealistic expectations. If you actually thought this was gonna be as good as TG at its best you were completely delusional. Show has some problems, but it's perfectly fine for what it is.

Too much scripting, and . Dividing Top Gear into two shows was a mistake, and I don't care if Clarkson rustled one of the extra's jimmies. They should have made the extra resign and continued on, as LeBlanc simply does not have any chemistry with the other two and they're boring in general. Top Gear America is better than Harris and Reid.

Your life and DNA, Billy.

The new Namibia one had the worst problem with scripting, literally every single thing was contrived or just blatant bullshit they didn't even try to hide it or make the journey feel organic at all like TG did, it was actually annoying to watch because of it

>some crew member spent 2 hours teaching jeremy how to figure out the southern cross
>say they slept under their cars in the desert instead of just outright admitting "we couldn't find any place to sleep out here so we slept in the crew caravan/tents" which would have been completely fine on top gear
>the fishing part, they just attached a fish to the pole and passed it off as a catch, literally would have been resolved by just cutting to a small cooking section where they were given the fish and told to figure out how to cook it themselves

A lot more examples but they really need to move away from "this is a contrived television show but we refuse to just say that and pass it off as organic" and back to top gear's model where the specials were actually a real challenge, the crew just filmed them as they went from A to B and only intervened when it would have actually fucked up the program like medical attention and replacing completely fucked cars

new top gear got quite comfy in the second series. they will be fucked when joey leaves though. that manlet and bug eyed fat nigger are hopeless.

>Top Gear America is better than Harris and Reid.

Ouch

Your life, every single day, is scripted by your mental illness, Jason.
Repeating and repeating like a mindless chimp.
And you'll do this until you die or get put away.
wew

Less spontaneous banter, more scripted "so fahny" shite.

>Less spontaneous banter
Top Gear was ALWAYS scripted shit, it was just less in your face before.

It's hilarious really that you started copying mongo and saying 'shite' and 'cunt' regularly as if it disguises you. Lel

You're an amusing little chimp.

I mean, when May said that thing about butterflies in his belly or whatever and Clarkson just erupted in laughter. It felt more genuine.

very yes, even the adventures are to a degree outside of the planned challenges
it's a great show and it was the beeb's top-rated show, and they're not about to risk having a downer of an episode because the creaking gronks can't improv themselves enough banter to carry a half hour of studio time. they're gonna script anything they can and maybe leave gaps for the cast to fill themselves.

Nice try, but we still know it's you. Wew. This desperate?

>They should of gotten Jay Kay to present
That's actually a pretty good idea. He's a total car nut and loved going on Top Gear. Got real competetive about his lap time.

No.

Were you in St Clare's again, Jason?

Wew

The constant "sketches" that just get
in way of the show, where they repeat jokes 4-5 times and you didn't even laugh the first fucking time.
The dead celebrities joke was horrible the first time. Why did it continue every episode after that?

It's just a little rough around the edges.

>celebrity brain crash
>the American

These both need to go. Otherwise, it was pretty standard TG shit. That France episode was really fucking lazy, though.

Why do you do this every single day, year after year?
You pathetic little cunt.

There's two kinds of people in this thread
People who are just saying random shit with no real criticism.
And people who didn't watch Top Gear

Americans and them becoming old.

But new Top Gear with Joey, Harris and Reid is really good.
Harris is a perfect Top Gear presenter.

The part with hunting poachers at night and hitting Hammond was the worst.

It was just fucking stupid.

Can you honestly say Matt is doing a good job? That Jay Kay wouldn't be better?

>it was just less in your face before

And that made a gigantic difference. It seemed real even when it wasn't. GT is just 100% bullshit.

> and I don't care if Clarkson rustled one of the extra's jimmies
> extra's

It was a producer user. And I don't think he even wanted Clarkson fired, but the BBC had wanted him gone for a while and physically hitting someone is pretty serious.

I stopped watching after the first episode, it's absolutely cringe. Their egos (mostly Clarkson's) have become too big.

I've been watching new Top Gear, which I like. Matt LeBlanc is a bit of an arrogant cunt, and I don't like Rory Reid that much because he's black, but Chris Harris is fucking awesome - I've followed him for a couple years and I was really excited he was coming to Top Gear, and it's fucking awesome. He's a real car nerd. He's an actual racing driver. He knows more about cars than the three former Top Gear presenters, and his two current colleagues, COMBINED.

I do feel like the new trio are actually gelling though, they are actually having some fun. Some of it is contrived, but then again it used to be too.

It's not perfect and I'm not watching every episode - it's not good as prime Clarkson Top Gear, I think. It's a bit BBC-cringe.

If I could change it then I would make Chris Harris the main presenter, and I would fire LeBlanc and Rory Reid, and I would bring in some other proper racing drivers like Tiff Needell and Mario Franchitti (Chris Harris did his YouTube episode on the LaFerrari / P1 / 918 with these two guys, and it was cool. They were chummy and matey, not in an awkward way, it was just three mates hanging out, because obviously it wasn't staged).

Whatever. That's my thoughts.

I don't like Matt. But I don't want some rockstar to take his place. It feels counterproductive.

I do like Rory, but beyond that I agree with all that you wrote.

It's hit and miss but it's still miles better than new TopGear.

Getting rid of Chris Evans was only a small step in the right direction. There is absolutely no chemistry between Matt/Rory/Chris and whereas last season Chris was pretty good because he just did car review segments now that they have him doing the scripted acting bits with the others he actually got much worse.

Also Rory is an unbearable millennial normie REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>It's hit and miss but it's still miles better than new TopGear.

Nope, unless you are talking about the Chris Evans Top Gear

New-New-Top Gear is a lot better than Grand Tour

>tfw no top gear with Rowan Atkinson

>tfw no top gear with Mr Bean

>rockstar

you clearly know nothing about Jay Kay

we currently have the nigga from friends presenting, how is that any better

Next season should only be road trips and banter

I've seen the first 3 eps of S24 and they are garbage.

Can you not read or something? I don't like Matt. But I'd rather get someone completely different as a third presenter.
However I don't really know much about Jay Kay beyond his appearances in TG. So perhaps I'm wrong.

sadly this

Joey will leave for sure and with nobody to headline it will probably crash

I thought it evened out towards the end. It felt like early in the season each week was a hit or miss. Towards the end it felt like nothing jumped out, but they weren't bad either.

I just hope they can make more hits and make the "misses" more like the second half of the season.

The biggest problem was how obvious the scripting got and how cringeworthy it was. Granted, I only watched the first episode but there was no fucking way I could continue. Imagine being there in the audience when they shot the audience """fight""", I would literally feel bad for people who have to work on this shit. Also the dead actor was lame as fuck, and you're telling me they did that in every single episode? Wew

The highest points of Top Gear were the specials where they bought shitty cars and fucked around in third world countries. Too bad Clarkson and co. don't know this.

Thanks mang. I guess Rory is alright. Maybe I am being too racist 2bh.

Are you insane?

>you

I only saw one episode, but they were half way through a challenge and it suddenly cut to them playing battleships by dropping G-Whizz cars on caravans with a crane. Felt like a total waste, was a complete distraction, and worst of all wasn't even funny because it was completely unrelated to the rest of the episode

>Too bad Clarkson and co. don't know this.
they do now because when season 2 bombs and they limp into season 3 it will be too late

They miss the BBC.

I sort of like how he represents the younger and more clueless generation of TG-fans. Especially compared to the sage that is Harris.

Perhaps the third presenter should be someone who represents the old geezers?

Absolutely this, ALTHOUGH it's not just third world countries - many of the best bits were in Britain.

E.g. their convertible people carriers. Or the i-Eagle thrust. Or their amphibious vehicles. And the many times they smashed up caravans. Stuff like that.

The reason all that stuff was good is because it wasn't that scripted. They were genuinely having fun. They'd set up a situation but then they'd let it play out how they wanted it to play out. Now they contrive it far too much.

Meh. I'm not sure I want those people represented though. Probably because I'm a car geek, I want it to be more car-y.

>id fire 2 of the 3 presenters (including the main one)
>i like this show
pick 1

I agree with this sentiment.
TGT had a rocky start. The first half is full of bad skits.
The second half was much better, and the last few episodes were straight up great. I am fairly confident S2 is going to be significantly better overall.
I lasted 1 episode with Chris Evans' Top Gear, and 3 episodes with the new seasons. It's a lot better, but the studio bits are absolutely garbage, with the random celebrity sitting there awkwardly, Joey has absolutely zero chemistry with anyone, and his presentation style sucks. He is basically just acting, I can't explain, it just doesn't feel natural. Rory is ok, I guess he passes off as someone equavilent of Hammond, someone that is nothing special on their own but can play off pretty well the others. Chris Harris is literally the only good thing about the show and frankly I wish he'd still be rather doing his youtube channel for this very reason. Top Gear just has too much fluff in it for me to keep up with it.

it's already crashed. It's not even pulling 3 million viewers anymore, even with iPlayer numbers included. That's more than a 50% drop off compared to Clarkson-era.
Of course with TV licence technically BBC could just keep it going, but its clearly one of their most expensive shows to make, and I doubt they would want to keep making it for nothing.

American producers ruined it because they dont understand a fucking thing

Literally the same producer behind Top Gear.

You honestly think Amazon has no input? You dont think Amazong forced the cringy shit like 'the American' and all the stupid forced scripted movie shit?

It always strikes me as odd that people bitch about the celebrity deaths on Grand Tour. Granted, it got quite old after a few episodes, but was I alone skipping most of the celebrity guests on Top Gear?

They mostly stuck to people on the brits knew, plus Clarkson, unless it was someone he knew personally, would act completely differently, much kinder than normal. It also often basically felt like a giant advert for whatever upcoming movie or show they had.

So I would regularly skip 10-15 mins of an episode. But with TGT, its over within 2 minutes. Yeah, its still 2 minutes that probably shouldnt be there but I think the celebrity segment has never been good. They should only have it when they actually have someone interesting to invite, a racing driver, or if they can convince them to be integrated into one of the skits.

Yeah the scripting is out of control

The worst GT episode was that fucking Military Assault epsiode where they kept dying.

What the fuck has that got to do with cars?!?!?

Even the new Track is absolute shit

really?
the one who got punched?

it feels like the trip now

but shit

No, this guy.

The guy who got punched was some nobody responsible for buying donuts and making coffee.

Best part of watching The Grand Tour is because Amazon Video has every Top Gear episode from the earlier seasons. You can watch a GT episode then go back in time to watch S2 TG just to show yourself how campy it's become.

Oisin Tymon was definitely a producer

Pretty punchable face tbqh.

Clarkson did nothing wrong.

yeah desu
I just doubt that dude is on the new topgear

I hate the ultra redneck edition of the stig. He is annoying and not funny in any way. "heheh, I can't pronounce this, must be communist."

looks like hotwheels from crippled chan.

No one has Amazon instant

It's just worn out and overly scripted. It doesn't help that cars are literally obsolete.

I miss good old Top Gear

My favorite Top Gear episodes are just them driving around different places in the world.

Vietnam, Middle East, Africa, Murrica, Antarctica, best episodes. Wish it was just a road travel show.

Close second is the just acting stoogelike, you know building their own cars and stuff like that.

Grand Tour didn't have enough of that.

They mad a car show for non car people, brain crash is shit and they didnt even declare a winner on one of the challenge episodes.

It seems like they pandered too much to American audiences by switching to a new style of humor.

It didn't work well. I was fucking tired of that dead body joke well into the first episode.

Awful scripted banter simulator aimed at branded fucking moron yanks.

>yank scriptwriters
>yank comedy