Activate the droidekas

activate the droidekas

>ching ching ding dong
Where were these guy supposed to be from?

Neimoidia, duh.

sith eyes?

Why didn't soldiers and bounty hunters use shields like that?

Chingtooine

only works when you're stationary. those things were essentially rolling artillery.

They walk with shields up

"""Walks"""

They move. They're not stationary.

too expensive.

no they don't

They take down their shields in the first scene because of power consumption as the Jedi run away, not because they walk. They can be seen moving with shields up in battle scenes as well as in every video game they featured in. Look them up on any Star Wars wiki written by some of the greatest autists the world has ever seen and you'll see that they can only not activate them when rolling.

there are like 5 different types of droideka, some of them don't even have shields.

>Look them up on any Star Wars wiki

No thanks

If any single one of them can use shields (they can), stationary or otherwise, that should be enough reason to equip some soldiers with them.

Every time they used droidekas in the movie, the Jedi were powerless to stop them and had no choice but to retreat. Why didn't they just replace all those useless Roger Roger droids with these things? If their entire army was just droidekas then the Jedi wouldn't have a hope of winning unless they involved aircraft.

>they must be dead. destroy what is left of them, and then destroy what is left after that again!

Cost I'd imagine. Same reason not every clone has the best armour, cloaking, Gatling guns etc

can't beat an army of billions in clone troopers backed by super powered space wizards with just unmobile artillery that has only one real attack pattern

they're far too expensive to hand out to grunts, I'm pretty sure they're powered by starship fusion generators.

Why would the Trade Federation just wantonly murder two envoys from the Republic and their flight crew? Wouldn't that be seen as a serious crime and result in them getting sued to oblivion and unable to do business again? I mean it's one thing to be negligent or greedy, but no one's going to do business or attend a meeting with people who just kill messengers.
Why was the Trade Federation even listening to some guy who they didn't know in a hologram? Why does the Federation have an army and the Republic doesn't?
My God, every time I start thinking about the plot of this movie my brain starts spinning. Nothing made sense.
Possibly, but if they cut down expenses on the roger roger ones and invest that into more efficient droids I think it would work out better for them.
Either way the regular droids are fucking useless, George Lucas himself said so behind the scenes. I' sure every destroyed battle droid is just hemorrhaging money for the Federation.
Possibly, but for close quarter combat inside of bases or ships, B1's are a waste, whereas droidekas are nearly unbeatable.

shut up faggot.

Because that would just be too convenient now wouldn't it.

the most idiotic fucking line ever

No, you.

why? do you expect them to leave evidence that they killed two republic diplomats?

I didn't say grunts, I said some soldiers. The elite troops etc. The original question also asked about bounty hunters which the best of would certainly fit the mould for buying/using them.

some of the gungans had them but they were shit compared to the droid ones, if you want to talk about outside just the movies there were a lot of personal shields

The stupidity is the Neymoidians just assume with no reason at all that the Jedi are dead after a few minutes, despite him knowing that they are Jedi and it being common knowledge that they are essentially super humans that can hold their breath longer, but limited time. If he just left them in there for an hour or a day then they would eventually be unable to hold on any longer and just die. Instead he opens the door and lets the Jedi out like a complete fool.
And there really is no need to "destroy what's left of them" if they're already dead, at least immediately. They could wait a while and do it once they know for sure they are dead.
Also, how would they destroy their remains with common blasters? They didn't bring an incinerator with them.

>it being common knowledge that they are essentially super humans that can hold their breath longer
I don't think that was ever the case.
They didn't bring an incinerator with them.
how do you know? maybe they were going to space the corpses.

>She can't do that! Shoot her! ...or something

>I haven't felt you this tense since we fell into that nest of Gundarks

This might be incorrect but I remember it was mentioned somewhere that the droideka shields emit a lot of radiation. A regular fleshbag using it would die of rad poisoning pretty soon.

a droideka activation can mean only one thing

Wookieepedia
Yodapedia
Jedipedia

Well?

Why didn't the entire droid army just consist of droidekas?

>VENTILATION SHAFTS

read the thread queer