BE AMERICAN

CANNOT EVEN SINK YOUR OWN SHIP

>12 hours to sink a single oldass navy ship

>dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3698132/Navy-blow-retired-military-ship-coast-Hawaii-missile-testing-exercise-just-won-t-sink.html
how can you be this retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uXk8JAQ-370?t=2m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Our ships are just that good.

Where's your fuckin navy? Oh yeah that's right, boats made out of pasta can't float

Why blow it up? Its better selling it off to third world countries for the extra shekels.

They shouldve just asked the japanese, wouldve taken under 2 hours

kinda speaks for their engineering skills, innit?

WE

Probably dont want to share the designs

Because blowing shit up is fun. Filling it with niggers and blowing it up would be preferable, however backlash n such.

at the cost of several dozen of their own planes

The missile the boat or both?

and pilots

We'd rather store it in Davey Jones' locker before letting a bunch of niggers think that they have an iota of power that is on our level.

Something something Pearl Harbour

This.
What good is a weapon of war that fails in combat conditions anyway?

>make ships that don't sink fast
>have such a ship not sink fast
Based americans.

"According to Popular Mechanics, the ship was first hit with a harpoon missile from a South Korean submarine.

Next, the Australian frigate HMAS Ballarat launched another Harpoon, and an Australian SH-60S helicopter shot it with a Hellfire missile.

The US maritime patrol aircraft then hit it with Harpoon and Maverick missiles.

However that was merely the beginning.

The cruiser USS Princeton then hit it with yet another Harpoon missile, while an American SH-60S Navy chopper hit it with more Hellfires.

US Navy F/A-18 Hornets also dropped a 2,000 pound Mk. 84 bomb and a US Air Force B-52 bomber dropped a GBU-12 Paveway laser guided 500 pound bomb.

A US Navy submarine got into the action, striking it with a Mk. 48 torpedo."

Multiple navies around the world use variants of the Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate. Doesn't mean we can't save a few for target practice.
It's a design from the 1970s, there's nothing special or classified about it.

They take their time because it's not every day you get to blow up a real ship.

That's how I know nobody in this thread shoots for fun.

RULE AMERICA

AMERICA RULES THE WAVES

Navyfag here. It was an intentionally long exercise to test ordinance to collect data. It took 12 hours so that everyone could have a go testing ordinance they otherwise wouldn't have an oppurtunity to. If you want to destroy a warship you use torpedoes.

Its the military version of the cartoon character using 100 dollar bills as napkins and toilet paper.

Because we can.

Man after that they should of just kept it afloat, fucker showed a lot of resilience.

If that's how Americans build their ships I will be writing a letter to our minister of defense telling him to buy American made.

The boat of course. What good is a warship if it can`t take a couple blows?

>make your own ships so fucking good that it takes that long a time to sink
fucking based

What good is a missile if it can't sink one

This made me laugh hard and I needed it. Then I realized you had trips.

PRAISE KEK!!!

OHP's are good ships. One struck an Iranian mine and another took an Exocet during the Iran-Iraq war. Both ended up fine. It's a shame their funding got gutted, now they're being replaced by the shitty LCS.

Like already mentioned, torpedoes are for sinking, not missiles.

What if that's exactly what they wanted you to think?!?!

Bring back the OHP class, they're obviously indestructible.

Missiles are for aircraft and self defence, they were never meant to sink ships. This exercise in particular is just an excuse to collect ordinance data. People claiming it's because the ship was a beast are actually retarded.

Russians solved that problem by using nuclear warheads. Looks like America can't into engineering after all.

yes buy our ships

my local shipyard needs contracts

The Sprucans were even harder

You need a keep torp

or 5" gunfire along the waterline to flood the compartments

Otherwise, those fuckers don't go down no matter how many harpoons/hellfires you put in them

American warships were previously thought to be indestructible, if they were able to sink it then they must be testing some experimental weaponry.

>Built to not sink
>Retarded
wut?

If your country could afford to buy ships...you mean

Not often you get target practice on real ship, unless you are North Korea, and don't give a shit,.
Therefore, you take the opportunity and let everyone shoot a little on it.
Great target practice, and evaluation of the effects of your weapons, unopposed.
Don't be a dick and torpedo it immediatly, so everyone gets to fire ze missiles

As a former naval intelligence officer this doesn't surprise me in any way

Our boats are built to take hits from modern torpedoes and anti ship missiles and stay afloat

doesn't mean they're impervious, but unless they opened every valve and disabled every default safety measure, she would die hard.

Only thing in my opinion that'll kill them hard and fast are fixed-wing

Also, such a shame they sink these old broads, pretty soon everything cold war era will be sitting at the bottom of the brine.

So your ships dont fail, just your weapons to sink other ships

You mean like the 500m We are dropping on just a fuel tanker?

Try making jokes that make sense.

It's a very old trend of downsizing the warhead dimensions and generally using smaller munitions than actually needed. US anti-ship capabilities are laughable when compared to Russians.

What a fucking waste. WTH at least recycle the iron

We're turning our Adelaide classes into dive sites.

China is going to turn your entire Navy into a dive site.

how much would it have just cost to sink this ship? could they not get personnel on board to lace it with explosives?

Nah, your missiles are just so bad. Ours, Chinese and even PooInALoo missiles (made by us duh), would turn your fleet into debris easily. Interestingly enougth, theres nothing to do against the proper salvo of them, so US focus on big carrior groups looks kinda silly in modern age - since missiles are lot cheaper and get rid of billion worth ships.

That's not the point you dumbass, they're used as target practice.

LFE m8, not only is it a scuttle, it's Naval tradition and good practice

QUALITY MADE SHIP

The doctrine will be fixed after the third world war.

The 1 torpedo they used right at the end would have destroyed it. The hellfire missiles would have killed the war-fighting crew.

>at least 4 harpoons @ 1.2 million each
>at least 2 hellfires @ 50,000 each
>at least 2 mavericks @ 20-100k each
>2 mk 48 @ 3,000 each
>1 paveway @ 30,000

so this cost about 5 and a half million dollars in armaments alone.

The point is lettings crews get experience actually shooting ships and getting data on weapon performance.

Sorry m8 but a civilian tanker going up is not comparable to military hardware.

It didn't though, but it did cave in the side of the ship.

youtu.be/uXk8JAQ-370?t=2m

This is a civilian ship eating two missiles.

>americans making excuses for being white niggers

what experience is it letting already highly trained personnel hit stationary targets under no duress? oh it isnt your just

A M E R I C A N

>What is Burkeswarm
>What is SM-6
>What is ESSM
>What is Phalanx
>What is AN/SPY-3
>What is absurd jamming capabilites
>What is allowing you to get within range without getting dead

What you don't see in that video is 2 deck filling up with water and everyone drowning. In a real scenario everyone would already be in the ocean with life-jackets.

t.navyfag

>Where's your fuckin navy?
Busy ferrying sandniggers across the Med.

What you are saying is your navy has terrible damage control procedures?

Outdated shit that cant intercept the coordinated maneuvering ultra low salveo of Mach 2.5-3 missiles.

look at that old bitch

holding form till the end, goddamn beautiful.

>>What is absurd jamming capabilites
As demonstrated by Russia on Donald Cuck

>jamming
I don't think you know how it works.

The LCS program is kind of dead in the water ever since the brass found out about the Chinese ASBMs. The priority now is completing the naval railgun and laser projects to mount on the Zumwalt.

Behold the glorious black sea fleet! You shall conquer many a American vessel with such a devastating navel force! Glory to the russian people!

there's damage control procedures and then there's being bombarded with missiles in reality. Please point me in the direction of damage control being used in a real situation against this kind of assault.

You can fuck them up with a keel torp hit

Or large caliber gunfire along the waterline of one side

Bombs can work with the right fuse setting, but it's unreliable

Mission kills are somewhat easy, though, due to missile and radar/tracking systems being electronic.

How much did you have to pay Michael Bay to direct that?

That ship looks like something a Jew would design to suck every last cent out of the taxpayer.

two?
american education reaches new lows

They could have saved it from that torp hit

Needs to be keel; not bow or stern

They would have got fantastic value for money if they hadnt cut the number of ships.

It just bloated the cost per ship enormously.

If those are outdated it does not bode well for Russia's old mach 1-3 AShM.

I bet the Chinese were laughing at this.

God can the Americans do anything right under Obama?

12 good men equipped with ball peen hammers could straighten out that dent in 15 minutes top.

Just wait, soon enough they'll ask us to blow it up for them.

Or German inbred eyes not able to see two separate missiles?

/k/ here

>having absolutely no concept of how modern naval warfare works

Does the rust camouflage scheme works?

hit the bow and you loose most of your weapons and command capability. Hit the stern and you lose your ability to move. My point is that your ability to sink a ship is completely irrelevant in a real life situation. You can quite easily disable a ship and move on.

Care to give some basics on modern naval warfare?

>The LCS program is kind of dead in the water

Is that why there are 7 in service and 11 under construction as we speak?

Well call me a layman but i generally thought a weapons system was suppose to destroy the target not tickle it like your 9mm rounds.

Most of your supersonic ones are shit, really

The subsonic to supersonic sprint in the terminal phase are good

Switchblade is good

The future is stealth ASuW missiles; if you can't see them, you can't defend against them

Yes, when you push out of port boat become submarine and filthy American dog never find you at bottom of sea.

So we can make reefs for fishes after blowing shit up. Murrica

But the ships themselves are bad and outdated.

I hope you understand that the range of a RGM-109I MMT is over 1500 km with an anti-ship capability. 3M-54 Klub AShMs have a max range of 660km.

I don't think there is any use jamming a Fitter, given that the radar on it is garbage.

Launch a tactical nuke
Carrier becomes an island thanks EMP
leave it like that and move on.

Nobody is going to actually storm or sink the carrier.
Nobody needs to either.
You can cripple it and siege the crew.

They don't do military exercises like this every fortnight, buddy.

In fact, this is much more than a military exercise. It's a political message to the Chinese.

Watch it again. There clearly are two projectiles from roughlt the same direction.

>strayan doesnt want to fire missiles and torpedoes at a defenseless ship in the guise of training just so you can watch da boomz

the fucks wrong with you ya dumb cunt

Yes, it'll be a mission kill

It won't be put in the locker, though.

In the best, you repair it
in the worst, you scrap it

If it sinks, you get nothing

DELETE THIS

That is an odd way of saying good and cutting edge.

Actually "they" do this particular exercise every 2 years