Ignorant Ameriegg here. Why does it seem like football dominated by so few teams...

Ignorant Ameriegg here. Why does it seem like football dominated by so few teams? The championship seems to rotate pretty much between Brazil, Germany, France, England, Italy, and Spain. Why don’t smaller countries like Colombia or the Netherlands ever win? Why is a country of 100+ million like Mexico struggles to reach quarterfinals while a country of 43 million like Argentina has won twice?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_Premier_League_players
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C.#First_team_squad
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wankdorf_Stadium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Corruption.

>England

>England

>England

>England
>

Argentina keeps producing world class players while Mexico doesn't.

I said ignorant.

its okay lad, the strongest teams these days are Germany and Argentina, Italy didn't make the World Cup and England are perennial under achievers, Brazil choked on home turf, watch more and you'll catch on

Football culture is what matters not population

this is honestly a pretty good baitpost, good work fellow american

You're still talking about 2014?

How is this bait? I just wanted to know more.

lmao keep the bait going dude you're doing a good job. this will trigger the euros and sudacas so hard

Countries like France, Germany and Spain have an amazing football infrastructure,great gens and have probably invested hundreds of millions in player development. They also have a philosophical plan where certain type of technical players get better chances.

Argentina and Brazil are just crazy about the game, everyone plays football or is somehow involved with it. People are willing to kill a fan of their team's rival. A lot of players also come from an extremely poor background and see football as their only way out (literally all the GOATS say this, Maradona,Pele, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, etc.). Even extremely small clubs have some sort of social programmes where kids get to eat if they play football for them.

Meanwhile Mexico is crippled by genetics and has a horrible infrastructure created by the leading media company that is only interested in fast and easy profit. While we have a ton of poor people, poverty is not as extreme as it is in Brazil or Argentina so people aren't so motivated but even if they were, most clubs aren't really interested in developing players and we don't have that many profesional clubs (third tier is pretty much nonexistant). When clubs actually do develop players, they mold them to become defenders or poachers

>England

But seriously, it's because those countries are good at football. It's not a 'biggest population' award. The 'muh parity' fags are creeping into the game, hence why all these 3rd world countries are hosting the World Cup and the Euros to get their populations interested in the sport. Same reason why Worst Korea was allowed to fix that match against Italy, the group stage expansions and 3rd place teams going to the knockout stages

England. Bwwwwaaaaa hahaha

SOPA
DE
TO

>Argentina

Seems you're ignorant too.

>argentina

Well they arent what they use , on paper their squad looks better than 2014 squad but they underperformed in qualifiers.

But hey people have been wrong many times when judging a team on how good they did in qualifications

>England
wew lad

Why is England so bad at football if they invented it and the Premier league is the best league? I'm not being snarky or trying to shit on England, I'd even consider rooting for them since Canada will never not be shit at soccer, but I am curious as to whats holding them back from being contenders when they seemingly have all the infrastructure and support to be a world power.

The premier league is the best league because there's oil money there and they hire foreign players.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_Premier_League_players

flags of the Manchester City squad:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C.#First_team_squad

The FA's mentality is too rigid and refuses to adapt with the times.

millennia of inbreeding

What does that mean though? They're trying to play a strategy that is easily exploited? They're picking players that don't succeed in today's game? They're developing them with the wrong skillsets?

>Why is England so bad at football if they invented it and the Premier league is the best league?
owners aren't english
managers aren't english
players aren't english
a lot of the people who watch aren't english.

if you think about it the only thing that relates the pl to england is that they play there.

Mindset and preparation for these small countries is different. The big teams that go to win it prepare for a long tournament and to be there on the final day.

This thread can go fuck itself

>Why does it seem like football dominated by so few teams
>E N G L A N D

Small teams have bad coaches and can't utilize their first draft pick correctly

Not true.

We were shit in the 70s and 80s before all that oil money premier league crap.

The problem with England is we're over saturated with quality players who don't want to play with each other. Phrases like "scouse before English" and "I'd rather be a paki than a scouse" shows how tribal our teams are.

We're not like Germany where half the team is Bayern Munich and the rest are superstars at some other league.

Or at least, that what it used to be. Now that that whole generation has retired we're kinda in a weird limbo. I guess City, Liverpool and Tottenham are the bulk of England now.

Just population isn't enough.You need infrastructure for scouting yout, training, facilities, etc. Having an established league with international ties helps aswell.

Like in any other sport
>strong economy
>government funding for sports

are the most important things. T
his is why India is shit at everything. They don't have any support in sports

Is it possible that other countries like Germany and France for example have greater incentive to be good because they want to play in England whereas the English are too arrogant because "well, we're English"

>ENGLAND
LMAO
Look up how many English "men" play for their top teams
All the top teams have Johnny Foreigner managers, too...finally the word cuck is actually applicable.

All you guys greentexting >England just proves that there are even LESS teams capable of winning in soccer than what OP listed.

>The IQ of soccer fans

So many jokes, so many jeers
But all those oh-so-nears
Wear you down
Through the years

>jeers
He says steers

It's fun to goof on England, but if you're being honest they're not dogshit. Of course they could do better, but that doesn't mean they're terrible.

>implying we want to show Football in a positive light to amerisharts

el goblino

>Greenetext England
>England have won as many World Cups as Spain & France

>Italy
>not Sweden

Basically genetics and tradition, ts the same with jamaicans being good at 100m and kenyans at marathon
Is there any real sport thas not dominated by some nations? I dont think so

one of the many problems facing the english football team is the number of people in this country who are just waiting for them to fuck up so they can tear into them and call them shit

there is a ridiculous amount of pressure heaped on england any time they go to a tournament purely because they are the english team and for some reason we think it is a good idea to endlessly belittle and criticise them. then when >we play friendlies we generally do really well, at least a lot better than in tournaments, because there is no pressure on the players and they won't get murdered in the tabloids if they fuck up. i honestly think the UK has the worst, most cancerous journalists in the entire western world

Would’ve won two if it wasn’t for a cheating midget

All those oh-so-nears
Wear you down
Through the years

Are you high?

Hate Rooney all you want, but I don't think he ever cheated.

We spanked them right out WC contention. I need no more proof than that.

He was talking about teams who've won the world cup. Learn to fucking read.

He was clearly talking about Michael Owen

I doubt he did since he mentioned you

How the hell are you typing with such massive brain damage? Do you have a carer to help you? Do they wipe your bum too?

lmao

Wow, I'm starting to feel like I've hit a nerve. Why are you so angry?

there's probably 3 Leo Messis in India right now, but they will never get into football, and if they did the staff and the coaches wouldnt help them reach their potential, and if they did he wouldn develop because no hard opposition to struggle and grow as a player, etc etc

I'm not angry m8, my country's won a WC. I can't imagine how angry I'd be if I lived in a country that hadn't.

The tone of this post really makes it seem like you are though. Or are you just a rude person perhaps?

And no need to worry, living in a country that has not won the WC does not make one angry. Or well, perhaps you would be. But normal people don't get angry over it.

Just imagine a pajeet from the call centre dribbling like messi

What the fuck. Everyone is missing the point. There is only one every 4 years. The winners have actually been quite varied. The last 5 tournaments all had different winners.

Just banter lad

Football is a city sport. Who plays football?
>le based factory workers son
>le humble ghetto child
>le paris slums former french colony nig nog
>le bruxelles everybody gets a passport nog
>le suburb driblismo 175cm and all pent up white guys
>le all the algerians licing in marseille
>le dad yelled at me from the sideline since i was 5 yo italian so i put my hair in the headband and sucked it up
>le dad jamaican mom nigerian west london speed merchant
>le playing all day in the backyard so learned to dribble and then at 15 get signed by heerenveen then go back to domestic then get breakthrough then go on to have a decent career while being a morten olsen babby.

>Poking fun at other people's intelligence when you don't know the difference between less and fewer

Insightful post

Why do people act like England are so shit? They regularly make it out of the group stages and have qualified for every event since 1994. There just isn't a lot of room at the very top, so naturally England won't get there (as will 98% of all other countries)

even though you're probably just trolling, here we go:

> The championship seems to rotate pretty much between Brazil, Germany, France, England, Italy, and Spain
England won it once, more than 50 years ago.
France won it once.
Spain won it once.

there are seven elite nations which are Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Neverlands.
if you look closer, every decade except for the 1980's has had a new champion:
1930: Uruguay won for the first time
1934: Italy won for the first time
1954: Germany won for the first time
1958: Brazil won for the first time
1966: England won for the first and only time ever
1978: Argentina won for the first time
1998: France won for the first time
2010: Spain won for the first time

not to mention that tier 2 teams like Belgium, England or Portugal are always potentially elite, they just fuck it up every time but whatever.

>Why don’t smaller countries like Colombia or the Netherlands ever win? Why is a country of 100+ million like Mexico struggles to reach quarterfinals while a country of 43 million like Argentina has won twice?
first of all, Colombia and the Neverlands aren't small.
Colombia has a population of 50 million, bigger than Argentina's.
the size of the population has nothing to do with it, it's 11 vs 11.
>but muh talent pool
yes, the bigger the population, the bigger the talent pool, sure, but a "small" country like Uruguay still has 3.5 million people in it, that's enough.
Iceland is really the only surprise here, and they're not necesarilly good anyway, they just have a generation that finally made it to a World Cup.

Not his fault he got injured

>if you look closer, every decade except for the 1980's has had a new champion
I never realized this.
holy fuck

Germany in Brazil
Spain in South Africa
Italy in Germany
Brazil in South Korea & Japan
France in ... France
Brazil in USA
Germany in Italy
Argentina in Mexico
Italy in Spain

and I don't care after that. It's usually Italian defensive shit, Germans le score 2 goals then keep the ball shit, or Brazil/Argentina with their meme forward. Spain and France at least made it interesting for a while.

fantastic sports related post right there.

It's hardly unique to divegrass. Few sports, if any, have the world championship not rotate between a handful of countries.

Sup Forums never passes on an opportunity to make fun of England. You should know that by now.

I thought it was "sneers".

Maradona?

obviously

>India
>football
>any sports except /cric/

are you really this dumb?
I mean, his comment was really easy to understand.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wankdorf_Stadium
Germany's first world cup win was in the wankdorf stadium XD

does somebody actually care about those islands?

Thatcher

>a woman
doesn't surprise me

First thing I saw entering in Argentina was a plaque saying "Las Malvinas son Argentinas", mate.

I asked about england.

And yes, people will say somethin like that over here, but it isn't really important for anyone. It's something you say just cause you were taught to. It really didn't live an impact in the society

Our own league. has become shit because big clubs can buy any > talent in our league. With a smaller population there is less chance for talent to spawn.This is also why it's not that strange we are in a bad spot right now.

>country of 43 million like Argentina has won twice?

*coughs*Grondona*coughs*

england are part of the rotation
you just have to expand the rotation period
a lot
say, 50 years
its not much when you include the history of the universe
on that scale its tiny so stop mocking england

ok, its over 60 years now but my badly thought out, rambling point still stands

>take a look at all the winners in the past 50 years
>England isn't there
I don't think 50 is enough m8

England don't train players anywhere near as much as the big teams on mainland Europe do.

Before they're 18 Spainish kids get something like 15,000 hours of quality coached football. English kids get about 3000 hours. And Spain has way more trained coaches too. Whereas English coaches are chav dads with a shit-tier hoofball mindset. It's still a case of picking big lads and lumping it rather than developing players with technical ability

>you now realise Argentina's wait for a World Cup is as long as England's was when we released Three Lions '98

>smaller countries like Colombia
what did he mean by this

Damn had to look why has England not won a World Cup since the 60s??

I agree for most of it, but the one problem I have is ranking Spain with the absolute elite
Spain is atm part of the top, and has been for the past ten years
But up to 2008 they never really were elite, at WC their best result is 4th in a strange, post-war 1950 wc, the rest was quarter finals at most
At euro, they won the one they hosted in 1964, and were second in 1984, other than that quarter finals at most again

In general, I tend to think of international football to be really competitive from 1966 (excluding the 1968 frickin coin toss?!?!?) or 1970 onward, so in that span, from late 60s until today spain hasn't been consistently elite, while Italy, Netherlands, Argentina, Brazil, Germany and, by a hair, France have been

Also you never hear about great spanish teams of the past, simply because there were none until 10 years ago

I mean, France are actually a definition of not consistently elite, they're very elite for a decade then do nothing for a decade then again elite etc.
But if you even it out, they deserve to be a part of the absolute elite more than Spain

It feels like your cutrent government didnt care about football to much. Ajax - Psv could become el classico tier sport event with similar popularity around the world and profit from tv contracts. You have everything for that: Money, tourists, infrastrure, just stop selling all your best players and bring some stars like China did.

sure, Spain is still elite, whether you like it or not.

>tripadvisor and trivago

Th-thank you cousin-sama

The 3 farmers, 2 sheep and the pig that live there