Thank you UK bros for your gift, we will do our best

Thank you UK bros for your gift, we will do our best

Other urls found in this thread:

autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/brexit-bentley-could-shift-production-europe-‘worst-case-scenario’
bbc.co.uk/news/business-42049565
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_75_largest_cities_in_France_(2012_census)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Germany_by_population
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's hilarious because literally nobody apart from the UK is compliant with EU banking standards

Yes France, keep on centralising the EU govt, keep moving organisations to France and the Netherlands. That definitely wont piss off the poorer countries and highlight the corrupt bureaucratic cluster fuck that is the European Union.

>Dublin
What do they have going for them other than English?

I thought they'd go for >muh frankfurt anyway

An we will do bro, It's how life works.

it's also worse knowing the insane imperfect bureaucracy France is infested.
in fact this country just cares about Paris, they don't gaves a shit about other parts of France.

They're all a bit of a laugh, it's kind of astonishing the arrogance when you're talking about poaching business from a city whose only real competitor is NYC.

I really hope france does well
Throughout history when France and the U.K. were competing and fighting we were in our gold ten age
Once we becam allies we both went to shit

Viva la France might macron resurrect the cock to fight again

How would this piss off poorer countries? Brexit means these institutions are up for grabs, everyone is now trying to butter them up and Paris and Amsterdam (and Dublin and Milan, but they lost through pure chance ie. lottery) buttered them up the best. Theoretically Warsaw could've been a good competitor, the reason why these instances don't pick Warsaw is because it's a shit city. Not because of some weird under the table collussion.

I detest the EU but holy shit at least attempt to be neutral when stating the facts.

>lost through pure chance ie. lottery

Its true, at least in the case of Amsterdam vs Milan for that one medical authority. There was just a news report about it: Amsterdam and Milan tied so they just used two balls with the names of the city written in them, and the President of the Commission was asked to pick one at random. He picked Amsterdam, but if Lady Luck wished otherwise it could've just as easily have gone to Milan.

It's not all roses and sunshine though, because Amsterdam is already struggling with a housing crisis and if that medical authority (forgot the official name) moves here then it means their employees will move as well and they'll need somewhere to live. Houses are impossible to get in Amsterdam, and hotel rooms almost as impossible.

You are implying other nations can compete
France still has very protectionist labour laws
The Netherlands is too reliant on eu trade and very little on international trade
Germany has no big cities of interest

That being said I genuinely hope Netherlands starts to become more globalist

I like the Dutch 2bh. Probably the closest to us in attitudes that you can find on mainland Europe.

Yeah but look at their trade partners, they're getting a big jerry bollocking and they know where their bread's buttered as a result.

>Implying UK is not mainland

>implying there is an ice age

>You are implying other nations can compete
Yeah, they can and they did.

>France still has very protectionist labour laws
Why are you using this as an argument for moving the EBA to France rather than an argument against it? This only works as an argument in favor for you if you assume France was behind it all, which they weren't. In fact, the only reason why Paris was even an option was probably because the EBA has faith in Macron's liberalization of the market (and why wouldn't they, when Macron has the entire Assemblée in his pocket?)

>The Netherlands is too reliant on eu trade and very little on international trade
>Germany has no big cities of interest
Which changes other EU countries being able to compete... how exactly?

Wait a second... are you going on a MUH ALPHA+ CITY tirade? Are you implying they can't compete with London? Which is an entirely irrelevant subject given that we're talking about EU institutions leaving Britain because Britain is leaving the EU? Please tell me you're not that idiotic.

dELETE this

NOW

>Are you implying they can't compete with London?
No, they can't. Frankfurt and Dublin definitely can't, Paris isn't outside the realm of possibility but I would still find it very unlikely for many reasons.

I feel like people underrate that there aren't any (major) Yuro countries that actually speak English.

We had a real shot at getting the drug agencies in Lisbon, but Porto spazed out and everyone had to pretend they had a good enough shot at it so they submitted a proposal to put it there instead of Lisbon.

Did you even fucking read my post? I literally JUST explained why all this whining you're doing is irrelevant to the subject at hand? Are you one of those idiots who retreats into a shell of hypernationalism when someone even remotely implies that something that could under a certain light be interpreted as negative is happening in your country?

Weird, is that a recurring theme in Portugal? Porto trying to establish itself as the second city of Portugal, I mean.

>Some Euros unironically believe London has a huge financial services industry as a result of EU membership
>Some Euros unironically believe that it is now up for grabs
>all you need to become a global leader in financial services is the blessing of European politicians
It's like believing if Germany left the EU, their huge automotive industry would be up for grabs. Put some EU Car Regulatory agency in Dublin, shake a few hands and before you know it Ireland has an automotive industry worth more than their entire economy in 2017.

But we decided that culture doesn't matter any more

>It's like believing if Germany left the EU, their huge automotive industry would be up for grabs
Except it would be, given how dependent they are on exports. They'd leave if Germany decided to turtle up and go for a hard Leave. Speaking of Hard Leave, the automotive industry and moving to other countries, that's exactly what's going on with Bentley: its CEO has stated that if the government doesn't arrange access to the free market, he'll move everything to the EU.

autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/brexit-bentley-could-shift-production-europe-‘worst-case-scenario’

So what you're saying is that the idea that various institutions are up for grabs due to Brexit (which we literally see happening right now) is about as plausible as something we're also seeing happening before our very eyes.

There's no need to be upset, nobody made it about competing with London until you mentioned it.

This whole deciding an agency through a (supposed) coin flip hasn't really been received well in Italy. I expect it to be a reason for problems in the future.

Yeah, we just got fucked over by the central powers once again.

I want out of this ''union'' so fucking bad.

I thought we were talking about business
Sorry lad

>Bentley CEO (((Wolfgang Dürheimer)))
kek.. But seriously, people are always talking about this exodus to the continent, like jobs aren't going to have to come over/be created here, too.

They gave Amsterdam the EMA after a secret vote instead of Stockholm.

These fucking central powers will be the death of the union with their fucking hand-holding.

>one business threatening while Nissan and ford have made preparation to start buying more british parts

>British business has a long history of threatening to leave/leaving and coming back much like HSBC and Goldman sachs

I should say the reason they come back is not because Germany treated them poorly but because they suffered from Silicon Valley dilemma in which they struggled to get quartz and high flying bankers to work in tiny boring cities

CEOs aren't as hypernationalist as you are, buddy. They go where the profit leads them, as their only responsibility to their shareholders is maximizing profits. I hope I don't have to explain to you how 500+ million potential customers are more profitable than 60+ million potential customers.

But you're once again missing the point. I'm using this to illustrate that yes, this would indeed happen with Volkswagen as well if Germany for some reason decided to leave the EU. Volkswagen would pressure the government to maintain free trade relations, and if the German government refused they'd leave to protect their profits.

Corporations have no loyalty to any government, they're amoral entities that only maximize profit in as far as the law allows them (assuming we're dealing with honest businesses here).

Paris become London 2.0 is a good enough price to pay for Brexit. I no longer feel bad about leaving anymore.

Listen to what you're saying. Germany's automotive industry would be up for grabs if they left the EU. Baffling, baffling! Tariffs might hurt their car industry, but governments don't control everything. They don't decide who gets industry and who doesn't.

I'll believe Bentley are going when they're churning cars off a production line elsewhere.

>Volkswagen would leave Germany
Kek

>they struggled to get quartz and high flying bankers to work in tiny boring cities

I'll never understand why people act like moving cities means everyone will just go along with it.

>Implying they wouldn't leave

>Nissan and ford have made preparation to start buying more british parts
Do I need to explain why this isn't the same thing? First of all, Ford and Nissan are settled in neither the EU nor Britain and thus feel very little impact from Brexit either way. Second of all, what is the fact that they're buying British parts supposed to prove? That there isn't a global embargo on Britain? Which nobody ever argued?

The deal that's making Bentley consider leaving is the fact that exporting British goods to the EU's market will be more difficult in the case of a Hard Brexit, because they'll have to pay the EU's universal market tarriffs. Their export tarriffs to countries outside of the EU remains unchanged. That's why the question becomes whether they value Britain's market more or the EU's market sans Britain.

>British business has a long history of threatening to leave/leaving and coming back
Much like in every country. Here in the Netherlands we're now having that exact discussion in regards to taxation on profit from stocks. The difference is that Brexit is a real gamechanger, especially if it's a Hard Brexit. Only someone who's clearly delusional would deny this, and honestly I wouldn't put that past you given your previous posts here.

I'm not the user you think I am, that would be the post above yours.
I'm not a "hypernationalist", "buddy". Just to point out it's actually more like 450M without the UK in the picture by the way. A bit like the single market going from the largest in the world to the third largest as a result of us leaving but I digress.

I agree with what you are saying essentially but you've missed my point. If these tariffs are really going to kill margins to the point where they are no longer profitable where they are, then we can expect to see German manufacturers bringing jobs over here, too, to get over them.

That's assuming Brexit happens and we leave the single market.

bbc.co.uk/news/business-42049565

I'm perfectly ok with that. Last time we had control over our banking sector its managers embezzled what later became foundation of our growing sovereign debt. I dread to think what would happen if we got charged with safeguarding it on european level. It could very well spell the end of EU itself.

>Volkswagen would leave Germany
Alright, you've seen my argument for why Germany would leave. Now give me your arguments for why it's such a stupid thing to believe that Volkswagen would leave Germany in the case of a Hard (no free market access) Leave.

>I'll believe Bentley are going when they're churning cars off a production line elsewhere.
They're already indirectly owned by the Volkswagen group, and access to Volkswagen's staff and tech has been described as 'pivotal' in their success. If they opted to move to Germany, it wouldn't take long for Bentley's to start rolling off German production lines. Or do you believe they're pushing for a soft Brexit because of some hidden political agenda unrelated to profit?

>Hard Brexit
You mean Brexit.
Also think how much money we will make from these tariffs, especially if businesses move over there. Honestly I think a lot more jobs are going to be created here than lost assuming it happens.

Because then they'd have to pay tariffs to sell into Germany? Bentley might be a bad example anyway, nobody buys them here. Trashiest of luxury cars.

And Nissan and ford won’t pay said tax?
How did you get to that i conclusion?
What I am saying is that they are buying parts at a higher cost to them and willing to bare the impact of increased taxes to import to Europe
>the difference is brexit is a game changer
I know british politics isn’t the most interesting thing in the world but trust me banks have felt the hard force of socalism here and stayed

They keep centralize all the agency in the benelux/east france area
Serve them right if the EU just collapse.
The others countries are tired of inequality

Why would you want to move literally ANYTHING to Swedistan?

I mean, is there really any bonus to living in Sweden except getting' 'culturally enriched''

I don't often agree with Italians about anything.
But when I do I
Bapadibopidi

Fairly sure the Netherlands/Belgium has been fairly enriched as well.

Or maybe you see all those Moroccans as native dutch at this point.

>Why don't they give control of major institutions to the bottom barrel shit hole nations full to the brim with corruption?

Gee... I can only wonder.

Take this anime girl as gift for friendship :)

>bottom barrel shit hole nations full to the brim with corruption

Like Sweden and Denmark?

>the nigger shithole of paris
WEW

The absolute state of eu..

>Bottom barrel
>Stockholm
>Milan
>Dublin
>Bratislava
New worlders get out
You don't have the knowledge to talk

No, but outside the major cities, they are never a problem.

We're definitely not doing great, but Belgium is off worse and you're ranking the top.
I'd agree with the fact that placing the agency somewhere else might be good, but Sweden doesn't even have the euro?

Regardless, Amsterdam is one of the most accesible points on earth(most flights come through Amsterdam) and we have by FAR and i mean absolutely far the best infrastructure of any western nation.

I've honestly tried, but there are no roads or public transport system which is as good as the Netherlands. Even the germans have some really shitty roads at times.

>Weird, is that a recurring theme in Portugal? Porto trying to establish itself as the second city of Portugal, I mean.
Yeah, but there is a general discontentment about how macrocephalus our development is. It's not just Porto that pokes at it. Even Porto will sometimes catch flak from other northern cities like Braga.

I personally am more concerned about the abandonment of our interior, rather than the bickering between the big cities.

It would cost billions to build the facilities required. But that would be a minor obstacle, very few places in the world would have the infrastructure that can handle the amount of imported materials necessary, infrastructure capable of exporting such huge amounts of finished goods to global markets, hundreds of thousands of skilled and experienced workers, all or enough supporting industries necessary for car production, energy prices that are viable for energy intensive manufacturing, a local government that has a history of being friendly and fostering their industry. And there will be way more factors than that. You can't just transplant a world leading industry from one place to another. World leading industries exist where they do, because it's the best place in the world for that industry already. Being in or out of a political union may be a factor, but it's a very minor one.

I believe Bentley could move to Germany without much hassle for VW, but I don't think the benefits would outweigh the cons. It would kill Bentley's image, and that I believe that would cost a lot more than any tariffs dodged within the EU.

Step 1: Not making trade deal with UK.

Step 2: Imposing visa requirements on UK czitens.

Step 3: Ending military cooperation with UK.

Step 4: Funding and supporting Scottish and Northern-Irish indenpence movements.

Step 5: Bringing politcal cooperation with UK to a minimum.

Step 6: Making UK pay a fine for BREXIT.

Step 7: Bringing investing in UK to a minimum.

That will teach you island snowflakes a lesson. Fitlhy Am*rican wanna be.

>Because then they'd have to pay tariffs to sell into Germany?
Where do you think more of their profit lies, in or outside of Germany? Keep in mind that they're the biggest automobile company in all of Europe.

>And Nissan and ford won’t pay said tax?
They're going to pay tarriffs whether there's an EU or not. They're not part of any free trade zone involving either Britain or other EU countries.

>ranking on the top
I'd say the parts of Europe who are under a constant threat of Islamic terror ranks at the top. Brussels is literally terrorist-central.
>Sweden doesn't even have the euro?
What exactly does the EMA have to do with the Euro? I never remember there being stipulations about having the shared currency in order to qualify for these things.

To me it's better to have more diversified cities in the same country
Take a look at france they have Paris and then?
All the money go to one city and that's bad
With different big cities a country is more stable

>Step 3: Ending military cooperation with UK.
The only country in the EU with an army is France and they've expressed zero interest in stopping cooperation with Britain in that regard.

>Ending military cooperation with UK
>Europe
>Military

Britain didn't have the euro aswell

Tell that to Spain, lol.

>What exactly does the EMA have to do with the Euro? I never remember there being stipulations about having the shared currency in order to qualify for these things.
It probably places you in a zone where you are considered less a member. I never argued from the real stipulations.

The EU laid down six criteria to judge the bids, including the city’s ability to get the agency up and running on time, transport accessibility, school places and job opportunities for spouses.(Guardian)

>Take a look at france they have Paris and then?
It's also demographics.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_75_largest_cities_in_France_(2012_census)
Economically on Paris matters because demographically only Paris matters.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Germany_by_population
Germany's economy is more evenly divided among its cities because its population is more evenly divided.

Paris is the only city in France with over a million people l iving within its official city limits. In Germany you have four cities breaking that limit. One in the East, one in the North, one in the West and one in the South.

>The only country in the EU that invests in their army is France

there fixed that for you

I was being sarcastic. But their situation is different from ours. They had an agreement with the EU about their currency, Sweden is using a loophole.

>Imagine being so retarded that you decide to break away from the EU for vague reasons, despite the long-term economic setbacks, and hand over power to an incompetent government more worried about staying together and riddle with internal squabbling and corruption.

Potayto Potahto.

That makes perfect sense. I guess that's why Donald Tusk isn't the president of the European council. I mean the Poles still use their zloty after all.

This.
And fuck you rosbif

Demographic is built by the history of the cities.
There are zero incentives for a frenchman to work in Marseaille instead of Paris
Year after year paris became the only city worth something of all France

Haha just like 1936

Whataboutism is a logical fallacy.

I'm still amazed in what regards you would see Stockholm as a better fit than Amsterdam though...

>There are zero incentives for a frenchman to work in Marseaille instead of Paris
This is where we get a chicken and egg story: do people concentrate where there are more opportunities, or do opportunities arise where more people concentrate? Whichever it is, suddenly creating a competitor for Paris out of thin air would take some pretty crazy social engineering.

>vague reasons
also medium-long term it will be good. It's the short term where it's going to hurt.

Now poor countries have more of a say in trade in other matters with the UK since the UK doesn't have the EU to back it up.

Don't get me wrong, I love going to Italy. And i have massive respect for the food and culture.(Though i chuckled when a friend said that building stuff is hell because of historical preservance etc.)

But never has it struck me as an extremely productive workplace. It's the same with much of Southern Europe. You might put in the hours, but are simply anything but effective. Additionally, doesn't Italy have a massive part of the economy untaxed, simply because people don't play in accordance with the governemnt/taxes?

It's the government out of thin air(like you said) that has to make the hard choice.
Yes it will cost in the small run but in the long run it would be beneficial for all the country
Bonus point if they build the next big pole far away from Paris

You seem to be missing the point so I give up

Everyone will move to Europe and the U.K. will become Poland tier

>It probably places you in a zone where you are considered less a member.
And this is utter speculation, and not based in reality.

>I'm still amazed in what regards you would see Stockholm as a better fit than Amsterdam though...

What's amusing is your unability to see how the perifery of Europe isn't going to be pissed off as you centralize everything to the same area.

In Sweden we move certain governmental facilities away from Stockholm for that very reason.

But I agree, I want you to alienate us more and more. We're already among the more EU-sceptic countries in Europe and even though Sweden is a small country, it's a huge net-contributor to your shitty little union and the more you shun us the bigger the chance of us leaving will become.

The UK voted with us more than 90% of the time, and when they leave we lose our strongest and largest ally, only to be left with you lot.

The EU isn't built for every country in the EU, it's built for a select few and the sooner the rest of us understands that the faster wrongs can be made right.

>United States of America to the West
>United Empire of Evropa to the East
>Caught in the middle

WTF!! We're fucked!

I reccomend you to not fall for the memes.
Yes Italy has problems BUT there's a reason if we are in G7.
People usually take a look, for the average italian city, at turistic zone in which let alone the great landscape have zero to offer(in term of job and opportunities) while industrious city like Milan, Trieste, Torino, Venezia (Mainland not the Island), Bologna(Ferrari and stuff) are forgotten

>Believing that a Eurpean federation is going to happen

Dont worry, EU is collapsing.

Britain was the only roadblock to complete EU centralization and they'll be gone soon.

Not really
People here would fight for that to not happens but you can't know because you are not from here

>mfw USA and UEE launching nukes at each other
>mfw USA/UEE: "No worries, citizens, we will shoot them down and the warheads will drop down harmlessly somewhere in the centre between the 2 continents"

Do you really think that EU is going to endure much time if the brits get away with it?; EU is like the mafia, it only knows to threaten its member states and many countries are tired of these threats.

While you're right in the long term, a lot of countries would never accept that, including mine.

>And this is utter speculation, and not based in reality.
I hedged my answer for that exact reason... Nor did i present is as a fact.

The problems with pleasing the other member states is extremely valid. However, do you really think a country in Eastern Europe would attract good personnel? Decent personnel, sure. But there is a reason the West will not lose its technological advantage for a long time. When presented with the opportunity, people will choose to live in a nicer place.

>The EU isn't made for everyone.
TRUE.

What people seem to forget, and I can't for the hell of it understand how people can be so dense(since you clearly seem educated).

Is that living standards are rising substantially in new countries. Everyone is so shortsighted when it comes to economics. But the weaker countries have to live off the proverbial European Tit, till they have reached the same status of a knowledge economy. The Erasmus program is perfect for this.

Do you really think Sweden can do anything on a global stage? You might argue that this isn't necessary but that has never stopped outside influence?

Another anti UK thread by the same Finnish, Dutch duo......

>who could be behid these posts

Strange don't you think?

Don't worry your volcanos will end your island existence way before this thing happens

To the Dutch public our government pretends to be critical of the EU.
To the EU our government always tries to score good boy points.
Our governments agenda is to turn us into the New York of Europe.
In our planning we do literally nothing.

I know you voted with them 90% of the time, but you don't have the muscle they did

I honestly do, there hasn't been any indication that any country will be following the UK's lead. Last year people were saying there would be a domino effect, I see none.

>stop talking about politics which don't directly effect you
fuck off to a non-international Italian board then

>mfw the nukes actually gave us superpowers like in the movies
>mfw recruited as a telekinetic supersoldier to take down the USA and UEE

The Dutch public literally doesn't matter. It's all theater in our pseudo-democratic oligarchy. Our EU constitution referendum result was discarded, our political system means the same parties keep winning and "undesirables" are put in a cordon sanitaire, we only have non-binding referenda concerning internal affairs and one of our most prominent politicians wants to abolish even those. We don't even have a fucking trias politica as the executive and legislative are one and the fucking same. Our government falls in line to the EU and just sells excuses to the dumb masses, who will vote for a different party in the next elections but somehow end up with the same fucking purple cabinet as before with a government plan that looks NOTHING like what the individual parties promised.

Most probably that give you just cancer
Sorry for that :(

Funny icebro.

Honest question though. I know I was part of the cancer.

But what do you think of the effect of tourism on Iceland? I loved seeing the places, but felt such a part of mass Tourism (read: cancer)

Also, alcohol is retardedly expensive...