Martin Shkreli loses money on a drug that only a few thousand people use and still gives out his medication for free to...

>Martin Shkreli loses money on a drug that only a few thousand people use and still gives out his medication for free to people who can't afford it
>media calls him a horrible and greedy person, even though he's a saint in comparison to the rest of the pharmaceutical industry
Why isn't he praised as being one of the few decent human beings involved in pharma?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R26TNWqEHks
democrats.oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/documents/Memo on Turing Documents.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=HWd4-Z0xBos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Martin Shkrelì
>Shkreli
goddamn albanians

wtf I hate the msm now

Because he bought that Wu Tang album and didn't fucking listen to it

because most people don't know shit about anything related to economics and don't understand what he's actually doing

all they see is MULTIMILLIONAIRE WHITE CISMALE who OWNS a RARE EXPENSIVE AIDS MEDICINE is MURDERING POOR AFRICANS OF LIFE SAVING MEDICATION!!!

>Shilling for shit
Kill yourself

SAvaGE

The debates hes had with liberals on his livestream are hilarious.

youtube.com/watch?v=R26TNWqEHks

The real irony? He's the son of immigrants who worked as janitors. He was poor as shit growing up.

Literally the only thing they have against him is his colour. He is living proof that anyone can overcome disadvantage and they hate him for it.

Liberal logic. It's cancer. He literally did nothing wrong.

this kid is psyop city

he is a nice guy

Martin is the shit

>loses money

Are you sure about that user? Are sure you didn't just pull that out of your ass?

So is Sup Forums just contrarian for the sake of it now?

>Hot is actually pretty cold if you think about it. The atoms move faster along with the universe so it's staying in place therefore it's colder.

There is literally nothing wrong with what he did.

Thanks to media and my lack of further interest the only part I was aware of is the jacking up of the price (for shits and giggles lolidunno).

So blame media.

OP, you heartless bastard. Don't you see that having the government provide free health care would automatically lower the production costs of medicines like these?

>pol tards will defend this

yes completely unchecked capitalism is great! free economics! what you dont want to be exploited for everything you own? lel tough shit thats just the way it be kiddos

he said so himself on his stream

i seemed to have missed this, can someone give the full account of what happened with this guy?

A
FUCKING
NORFOLK ISLAND PINE

(cool flag, by the way)

He gives the drug away to anyone that can't afford. There is not a single person in the world that needs this drug and goes without. He bought the drug for 50 million or so and he has to cover those margins, and fund research and development for future medicine. He does this by charging rich people and insurance companies.

If he was forced to sell for a specific price then he would have to charge everybody to cover the margins, even the poorest who couldn't afford it. Is that what you prefer?

I N F R E Q U E N T

This.
But seriously if that album was anything but a under average mix tape surely they would have just released it

Sick title tho

Martin spotted... i figured he was a pol lurker, now we have proof.

>now
Sup Forums is contrarian to the core

I enjoyed his finance and chemistry streams. Weren't he an e-celeb I'd love to drink with him and hear all his stories.

Turing recently announced discounts of Daraprim for hospitals, and Shkreli says that for people without insurance it will cost only $1 a pill. For everyone else, insurance, which he argues is paid for by corporate America’s profits, will cover the cost. “I’m like Robin Hood,” he continues. “I’m taking Walmart’s money and doing research for diseases no one cares about.”

hes the villain right

because teh same people who own teh country

own the banks
own pharmaceutical conglomerates
own media

they don't want this guy fucking with their system. so he's demonized by the media

just like hitler
just like trump

Because he's a blatant sociopath/narcissist who gives zero fucks about anyone other than himself, and is idiotic enough to broadcast this every day from his twitter feed.

I've yet to see any source on his claims that the medication is free for those who 'can't afford it', I wouldn't be surprised if this was just another lie.

A white house report found he actually DID dramatically reduce access to the drug.

He bought a drug being sold for cheap and resold it for pure profit. He's adding no value to the product, the money isn't being redirected to R&D, he is essentially just profiting off aids patients.

If you like Shkreli you might be a sociopath, which wouldn't shock me too much on Sup Forums

This guy is the same age as I am and yet he's accomplished so much. I'd be discouraged if he weren't so inspirational

How to you bring yourself to condescend? You're Canadian ffs

>Turing said it would reduce co-payments for commercially insured patients to no more than $10 per prescription and would donate money to a charity to help Medicare patients meet their co-payments.
>It said it would provide Daraprim free to qualified uninsured patients with incomes at or below 500 percent of the federal poverty level.

nytimes.com/2015/11/25/business/turing-refuses-to-lower-list-price-of-toxoplasmosis-drug.html?_r=0

Yeah, fuck you guy and fuck all the Jews in the MSM and big pharma. Also, fuck you.

>A white house report

The same people that continue perpetuating the Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown being innocent victims of white racism. This bastion of integrity would never mislead a public that's in the process of public lynching.

Nice news article. I read that too. Then I found out he didn't follow through.

democrats.oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/documents/Memo on Turing Documents.pdf

>Martin Shkreli DINDU NUTTIN

>sociopath says something
>therefore it's true

No wonder these pieces of shit get away with so much; people like you will go out of your way to insist they did nothing wrong even when they blatantly did.

my article is newer than your citations :^)

seems he rectified the issue

fuck off Shkreli go back to plebbit

>He bought a drug being sold for cheap and resold it for pure profit.
Fan fact. This drug costs $1 world wide. Before Martin one company bought rights and raised price 1000% in US (God bless). From $1 to $10. Nobody complained ($10 per pill? Seems like """reasonable""" capitalism). And only then came martin who thought he can play this game too. He bought drug and raised price just 700% from $10 to $700. And suddenly people started fuss. Why?
1->10 is good
10->700 is bad
Explain yourself.

You say that like trolling the fuck out of people with shit music taste isn't fucking boss

what type of special are you, cunt? most people believe what they were told from MSM who is twisting truths and using fancy rhetoric to believe LIES

Ones worse than the other. One rips people off, the other possibly drives them into the poorhouse.

And both aren't mora.

Oh I fucked up, I thought you were posting the article from september where he promised to lower the price of the drug. Not the article from november where he broke that promise and said fuck you to aids patients.

It's because the real term increase is $690 instead of $9.
You're spot on with the percentages, but most people see the real money increase.

i dont know what exactly he did,
but in this video he is funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=HWd4-Z0xBos

Like this is the logic you believe

“A reduction in Daraprim’s list price would not translate into a benefit to patients.”

>plz fix echo
>DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO

alright this gonna be good

>its my culture
>I BOUGHT IT
>with enough money i can be black too

holy shit top fucking kek

Wow it is almost as if people can't tolerate a upmark of 700% as compared to 100%.

where does he stream nowadays?
his blab account got banned and those videochat sessions over there were the funnest shit

Hell, hes coked up out of his mind. but this is hella funny.
that soulsister needs to shut the fuck up.

WHAT

Yet he fails to properly button his blazer.

today I learned no one on Sup Forums can do math

>i'm a government contractor MMHMMMM
>well I DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT, according to linked in mcode only has 4 employees
>dead silence while she attempts to rethink a rebuttal
>y-y-yea... if you wanna say that...... i have lots of private contracts

holy fucking shit he just keeps ripping her a new one

this bitch sounds like every 12yo on the internet who claims his dad works at nintendo

this is pure fucking gold

Shkreli can bounce on my sandwich anytime.

If that was true I'd like him. But really he is just jewing out too hard.

I haven't followed this story, but does it boil down to:

1. Was Deraprim actually free for people without insurance?
2. Was he guilty of any of that stuff he got called to Congress for?

Does anyone have that link to that video where some governmental body is interviewing him about it and calling him all sorts of mean names

But then later he talks about it and says that the one thing they can't call him is a hypocrite because all of those people take bribes and are corrupt

Youtube