100.000€ fine per day for poland

>The European Union’s top court said on Monday Poland would be fined 100,000 euros ($117,000) a day if it did not stop large-scale logging in the Bialowieza forest, a UNESCO World Heritage site
>Warsaw has been locked in a legal battle with the EU for months over Bialowieza, sitting on the border between Poland and Belarus and home to European bison as well as rare birds.
>The Luxembourg-based European Court of Justice (ECJ) on Monday reiterated its July stance that Poland must stop the logging immediately pending a final ruling in a case the EU’s Brussels-based executive brought in front of the tribunal.

The court also said that if Poland doesn't pay they could also get less gibs from the EU

reuters.com/article/us-poland-eu-logging/poland-faces-100000-euros-a-day-fine-if-it-continues-logging-in-forest-idUSKBN1DK2H1

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Białowieża_Forest
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biogradska_Gora
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=(100000*365)/11.21 billion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_12,_2007_Baghdad_airstrike
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Slavs

The threat of less gibs should get them moving

Yeah Poland didn't get the memo. It's the developing countries that are the designated logging countries.

>Arbitrarily telling a sovereign nation what it can and cannot do
>Trying to re-elect Merklel
>based fdp cucks her out of power

The Reich is over

Merkel will stay as our Bundeskanzlerin, the only question is who the other members of the government will be

Wtf I love the EU now

Poland NO
It's the only bit of old-growth/primeval forest on the continent

OPs pic is just a regular conifer forest.

If it would be an actual old-growth dedicuous forest I would care, but just some fir trees?

Why the fuck are the Poles even doing this?

Pic not related
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Białowieża_Forest

Bialowieza is old growth, OP pic looks average as fuck, look it up yourself you'll see the forest is beautiful

>During World War I the forest suffered heavy losses. The German army seized the area in August 1915 and started to hunt the animals. During three years of German occupation, 200 kilometres (124 miles) of railway tracks were laid in the forest to support the local industry. Three lumber mills were built, in Hajnówka, Białowieża and Gródek. Up to 25 September 1915, at least 200 bison were killed, and an order was issued forbidding hunting in the reserve. However, German soldiers, poachers and Soviet marauders continued the slaughter until February 1919 when the area was captured by the Polish army. The last bison had been killed just a month earlier. Thousands of deer and wild boar had also been shot.

Why do Americans hate nature

he did not post the picture of Białowieża forest, some random photo i guess
it looks like this and it is the last(i think?) natural home of european bison aka żubr

Brazil-tier desu.
Don't know why I expected more from them.

good

there wont be any fines, they will stop it in days, there's nothing to excited about

Slavs, being envious and spiteful by nature, hate all that is good and beautiful.

It's not arbitrary, it's an environmental standard that you don't cut down trees in natural reserves designated as non-intervention zones, especially not to sell lumber from it.

It was Germans who killed most of it though.

see
must be their barbarous germanic nature

Makes me legitimately sad to read this.

What is the sentiment in Poland on this? Surely this doesn't really have a positive effect of the image of the PiS party? Is this really just to appeal to some local lumber voters or something?

It's just another on the list of issues that opposition exploits against government and fanatic government supporters don't give a shit about.

Environmentalists that protest against the logging are taken care of by the police.

Isnt there enough forest to log in Poland? Why do they have log there?

ostensibly it's because they want to save the forest from a bark beetle infestation

When there's a war going on that's killing millions of your people and the rest are starving, one might be excused for prioritizing the war effort and putting food on the table.

>the EU is in charge of Polish forests

Wow is EU already running UNESCO

I thought their gimmick was guns over butter

The Natura 2000 agreements are European, yes

The ancient forest falls under of both Natura 2000 and UNESCO. Poland willingly takes part in both these institutions you tard

it wasn't even their land, what were they doing there in the first place

Nature 2000 is fucking gay and I hope the Poles chop down your forests too

And your unesco sites too
Literally sandnigger tier. That's the they did in Syria and Iraq

>muh nescafe sites

Keep shrinking your national parks and leave the environment to us
I for one won't welcome American refugees the day Yellowstone decides it's had enough fatties running over it

Just use your regular forests
wtf pooland

Beating back the Russians.

good

shame on poland

What is international law you dumb mutt.

this is very true

If they don't respect EU law why should we give them our tax money.

About time if you ask me.

Good goy. Jews really have Amerimutts well trained

>americans

Do you seriously think we give a fuck? We are not paying any fines, and if you stop paying us our rightful gibs, we simply stop paying contribution. This will only lead to sooner polexit.

is the average pole this stupid with money?

you get more money then you pay into EU, if you stop paying into EU, you well get even less back. repeat with me, Poland receives more money in EU aid contribution then it provides.

>Do you seriously think we give a fuck?
Destroying the UNESCO site? It seems you're like niggers.

>logging inside of a UNESCO sight
That's barbarian tier

Do you think leaving the EU in order to cut a bunch of tree is a good deal?

It would be nice if you did not speak on matters you have no clue about.

literal white negroes

>We are not paying any fines
You're not gonna have much of a choice in the matter, we can just take it out of your next welfare check.

We tell us what this logging is about of?
Do you log down UNESCO sites? Aren't there plenty of forest in Poland, not having going there?

We need more lithuanians in Poland to bring the IQ and culture back up, as we can see Poland is a cultural desert without Lithuania.

>you get more money then you pay into EU

>UNESCO site
see It's not only about this case, we are getting tired of the EU interfering in our internal matters.

>give us billions of euros right now!!111
>how dare you tell us not to cut down a cultural heritage sight!!11
Poland, I thought you were people, but it seems the Russians were right about you.

>we are getting tired of the EU interfering in our internal matters.
If you joined the EU sometimes you agreed all this. You think all this money came for free?

wow you really are stupid. you pay X amount into EU contributions, you receive Y amount back. Y > X.

geezes the good guys really did lose ww2.

>letting a foreign entity tell you what to do with your country's own national resources
Forgot this isn't a problem when it's lefty approved

maybe they shouldn't have agreed to the terms if they didn't want to follow them you fucking gibsmedat nigger.

>cutting down a cultural heritage site for a few bucks
>especially when you lose more bucks cutting down that forest
Americans need to learn a thing or two about capitalism

>cut down tree in my own country
>get fined by another country

eurocucks in a nutshell

>It's the only bit of old-growth/primeval forest on the continent
No, Montenegro oddly has one.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biogradska_Gora

More like a muslims problem, since they're the only people who don't care about UNESCO sites
Plus poles now

+ Americans (which is basically the same, religious nutcases (muslims) + niggers (poles)).

Woah a fine per day instead of per tree. All it tells the polish government is "hurry the fuck up". Good stuff mang, EU really seems like having head on their shoulders. Oh wait not really.

oh yeah all those american christians blowing up buildings and beheading people on camera

>Do you log down UNESCO sites?
No. They log down commercial forest which grows around UNESCO site because it got infested with woodworm. They do NOT touch anything inside the national park.

As I said, you guys should not speak on things you have no idea about.

Based. Fuck the EU.

Indeed, they prefer creating wars out of nothing and bombing civilians

wow

They're costing so much money and complaining that much.

Polexit when?

The fine would not even be 1 percent of the net subsidies. Not sure if this is important but I think it is interesting.
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=(100000*365)/11.21 billion

unfortunately, all the footage of american killings are top secret so we only get a few of them when they leak.

>>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_12,_2007_Baghdad_airstrike

>blowing up filthy muslims for oil and money
>"out of nothing"

Ah yes the famous eurocuck "deep concern".
Toothless dogs, just like Russia.

You realize we have ~3x national park, national forest, and state forests/park land then your entire country?

This. We should just make a deal with Russia, ask 5 years worth of gibsmedats (so 50bn € or so) and let Russia take Poland. It's not like Poland has a say, they're just a puppet state lmao

kill all globalists

And that's every year since they joined
Honestly. Are you people taking pride being leeches?

Back to Sup Forums you go edgy teenager

You realize that Aku Ankka on Hannu Hanhen pahin vihollinen?

That's because it's bigger you dumbass.
It doesn't means you're cutting less.

>make fun of muslims
>swede replies

america imports their arbor from canada

>the absolute state of soverignty in the EU

>make fun of Poland
>jew replies

>make fun of swede
>mong replies

>letting a foreign entity tell you what to do with your country's own national resources
Don't worry, we won't let them.

I was In Geneva the other day.
Not sure it's better than Malmö

Honestly, why the fuck do you even care?

Haha juutalainen :DD

stay out smelly frog

lol we'll see that.

slaughter all globalists

hang all globalists

>why the fuck do you even care
Because that's our money you stupid pol.
You can't spit at the face of the person that feeds you.

>Don't worry, we won't let them.
Not agreeing the contracts you're government has agreed? You're no better than Russians. At least Russians don't try to anything.
>Honestly, why the fuck do you even care?
It's my tax money?