What's with this retarded "povertyball" meme?

what's with this retarded "povertyball" meme?
what is it even a reference to?

btw I don't mind the insults, like "divegrass", I understand where they are coming from with that one, but "povertyball" is just fucking retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/10/06/sports/baseball/red-sox-rafael-devers-dominican-vitilla.html
foxnews.com/sports/2015/09/18/vitilla-dominican-stick-ball-tournament-comes-to-new-york-city.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stay mad blackie

Cause poor countries like you love it

>it's high class in argentina to be able to own a soccer ball

>blackie
why are mexicans obsessed with our whiteness?
you brown people really have some sort of inferiority complex.

>western Europe
>Argentina
>Chile
>Uruguay
>poor
lmao

they don't play golf in the favelas.
the kids aren't playing hockey out front of the tin-roof shacks i've seen in mexico.

stop worrying so much about what we call your favorite passtime because we don't think about you at all. if it wasn't for Sup Forums i wouldn't even know argentina existed.

However, I’m sure pic related is what they make do with in most neighborhoods of Argentina

>if it wasn't for Sup Forums i wouldn't even know argentina existed.
oml so true

>catching feelings over spuh memes

>they don't play golf in the favelas
>the kids aren't playing hockey out front of the tin-roof shacks i've seen in mexico
because football is an infinitely superior sport, there's no other reason.

>stop worrying so much about what we call your favorite passtime because we don't think about you at all
>le we don't think about you at all meme
yet here you are, posting about our sport, and talking about my country.

>if it wasn't for Sup Forums i wouldn't even know argentina existed
why are americans so proud of being ignorant?
no shit the rest of the anglosphere thinks you're retarded.
lmao

Argentina is poor as shit

>let me tell you about your country
I bet owning an egg is high class in USA lol

no we're not.
we're better off than 75% of the countries in the world.

including yours, you dumb mexican

it's just butthurt from americans that they aren't well represented in the world's single most popular sport. that's literally all there is to it. they call their own stuff "the world series" and whatnot but nobody gives a fuck outside of their country and then they get rekt by trivago and tabasco at football with the entire world watching and it frustrates them.

Hehe, sure we care Hans.
Can most of your people go into a store and buy a freshly made soccer ball? I’m gonna venture it’s more likely than most places in Latin America, but not much more likely.

They play basketball as well

kek burgers are so clueless.

We call it povertyball because of how cheap it is to play. All you need is a ball, some m8s, and something to pass as goal posts.
All the other sports popular in the US require more equipment (bats, gloves, sticks, hoops, skates, etc.) Soccer is accessible to impoverished African villages and favelas because of the simplicity of its design, compared to many other sports.

>Can most of your people go into a store and buy a freshly made soccer ball?
yes, they're really cheap, you dumbfuck.

>showing that calling it povertyball gets to you

Now it's all we're going to call it

Ok rich beyotch settle down, the rest of your countrymen can’t be like you

What's wrong with poor people playing a sport? Do you guys feel like aristocracy or something?

Says the guy whose country lives mostly in favelas, the jungle, or the middle of impoverished bumfuck nowhere. (You) get a clue

>We call it povertyball because of how cheap it is to play. All you need is a ball, some m8s, and something to pass as goal posts.
you can do that with literally any sport.

>All the other sports popular in the US require more equipment (bats, gloves, sticks, hoops, skates, etc.)
> Soccer is accessible to impoverished African villages and favelas because of the simplicity of its design
that's like saying that you need football boots with studs, shinguards, goalposts, the net for the goalposts etc.
you can play baseball with a ball and a stick.
you can play basketball with a literal basket up a tree
you can play hockey without ice or skates, all you need is a ball and a stick.
football is played throughout africa because it's a superior sport, that's it.

I'm not rich, I'm the most perfectly average of Argentines.

>in the jungle
see? again you display that you're a clueless person.

The rest is also false

You can play all those sports on the cheap, it’s just that soccer lets you get away with it A LOT more. Shit sport for impoverished shitskins

one of the explanations as to the popularity of soccer is that it requires the least supplies.. something to kick around, designated places to kick it through and a ruleset.

this is similar to saying it appears to everyone, even the poor.

and poor people make things dirty.

so povertyball

Which is why I mentioned favelas first. Come on João, keep up
And I’m sure you’re white also, lol

no it doesn't.
all you need to play handegg is a hand and an egg.

>Do you guys feel like aristocracy or something?
Yes, that's why we call soccer povertyball. If we want to play a friendly game of baseball, we can take our baseball-specific equipment (bats, gloves, etc) and head over to our local park's baseball-specific diamonds (complete with mount, bases, etc.) Meanwhile, barefoot kids in third world countries are kicking a ball around on a patch of dirt.

read >And I’m sure you’re white also, lol
again, why are you mexicans so obsessed with our whiteness? jesus christ.

Yes, but the quality of the sport increases dramatically as you add more equipment and training. Soccer, not so much.

Venezuela's and Cuba's first sport is baseball
Phillipine's first sport is basketball

Your explanation is shit

indemonstrable

>being this delusional

of all the explanations this is the least likely. americans just by and large dont care about soccer.

on the other hand, a lot of fairweather or wannabe people care about silly things like, acting more european or trying to be more trendy or avoiding popular things, so they are paying attention to it.

but soccer doesn't connect with multiple generations and in the usa is a bonding exercise only between people that really tend to avoid bonding (hipster faggots, etc) so it doesn't have that positive vibe it has in other places, where your daddy bounced you on his knee at a game and you have a visceral connection with soccer

we just .. dont care about soccer. we do like trying to bant with soccer people on mongolian faggot dick touching forums, but i'm not sure we're that good at that. it's our attempt to bond, but everybody just hates the us so much that it's just hateful and theres no kernel of acceptance in it.

you guys just don't understand the average american, desu.

it's played in the poorest countries of the world, where kids don't even wear shoes, some of the most popular players come from literal shitholes, Hooligans being associated with the middle and low class, same as Ultras or whatever you want to call it in your country, all the sports get shit on here, soccer doesn't get a pass
>spicstick
>niggercolide
>apehoop
>furpuck
the fact that you decided to make a thread about it shows how insecure you are about your favorite sport

>all the sports get shit on here, soccer doesn't get a pass
>the fact that you decided to make a thread about it shows how insecure you are about your favorite sport
did you even finish reading OP before posting, you absolute retard?

you asked what is a reference to, so you're either ignorant or you really care deep down, your choice buddy

>there's only one Argentine in the world
I'm not OP.
please anwer to my post before changing the subject.

yes I did, that's why I thought it was odd
>why do you insult x sport in x manner
>btw I don't really care even though I just made a thread about it

Starving kids in Africa play football, instead of ice hockey, baseball, or ultimate frisbee.

It's not an insult to recognize that the poorest of poorfags enjoy playing football. If anything it's saying something nice about it.

>Americans trying to be funny again

>Germany
>England
>France
>Spain
>Italy
>Sweden
>Iceland
rich countries play football as well.
why focus on the poor?

because most of the fans are 3rd world catholics living in dirt huts

Povertyball is an innocent as fuck insult compared to some of the other ones

>newfags get trigger by an old meme term

BASED JANNY

your currency is pegged to ours because you keep defaulting on your shit. like...you can complain to other countries, but not USA m8.

Yes

Poor people and third world shitholes love soccer

the delusion of this one.

>be argentine
>be obsessed with mexicans
>start thinly veiled thread about something else
>literally all other posts are about "lol mexicans"

bit obsessed. just a friendly reminder that

>Mexico has more money
>Mexico is more powerful
>Mexico is #9 most visited country in the world
>Mexico has more Miss Universe wins
>Mexico has a revered cuisine across the entire world
>Mexico is also more powerful military wise
>Mexico has better Universities
>Mexico topples your shit in boxing and apparently movie making

sit down. chicano is here to remind you.

>Mexicans keep talking about Argentina
jesus christ the obsession.

> Lol Argentina

t. Jose Dequan Goldstein

That's quite ironic in a country that was built on an idea that it's not a monarchy.

>tfw no qt hispanic jewish gf

How are Africans supposed to play ice hockey?
>ultimate frisbee
Literally who cares?

a thing called a building, retard. This isnt the 1900's. Even some place in Africa could make one

because that's most PEOPLE, faggot

Why can't poors into shoes?

Could it be because soccer is the sport of choice in all the third world loser countries?

Poor people are cancer

I'm sure they have more immediate uses of this water they'd use to make ice.

>Let me tell you about your country

you can play baseball with a ball and a stick.
You need a bat, you can't just use a tree branch
>you can play basketball with a literal basket up a tree
You still need to pay for a basket and a ball, while soccer only needs a ball
>you can play hockey without ice or skates, all you need is a ball and a stick.
Hockey sticks are expensive as fuck, and no you can't use tree branches
>football is played throughout africa because it's a superior sport, that's it.
It's played in Africa because they can't afford any of the required sports gear, so they never learned to play anything else. It has nothing to do with objectivity.

How much debt do you guys have again?

I already posted many pics of basketball being played in the most poverty conditions imaginable.
If those can afford to set it up anyone can.

But every country loves it, including the most prosperous. Lest you forget that Ameripoors are skint compared to western Europe

It means its cheap to play. Some truth to that, but its mostly just Americans looking for ways to condescend/downplay it because they're annoyed that they arent very good at it and that its not all centered around them. You can file it alongside:

> Soccer is for fags and we're too manly for it
> We'd dominate it if our best athletes played
> Its a game for kids and girls
> Too boring and not violent enough for Americans
> Furriners only like it because they dont have any other sports to watch or play.

You see the same thing with rugby too. ("They're just guys that couldnt make the NFL so settled for rugby" "they dont wear pads because the hits are 1% as hard" etc) or boxing ("the HW division sucks now" "boxing is dead" "UFC killed boxing") It more or less comes down to a pathological need for America to be no1 at everything, and if they arent it must suck.

>You need a bat, you can't just use a tree branch
They use a broomstick

nytimes.com/2017/10/06/sports/baseball/red-sox-rafael-devers-dominican-vitilla.html

foxnews.com/sports/2015/09/18/vitilla-dominican-stick-ball-tournament-comes-to-new-york-city.html

>passtime
>if it wasn't for Sup Forums i wouldn't even know argentina existed
Imagine if Americans started to pretend to be even more retarded. Would any of us notice the difference?

I take it back for baseball at least.
Surprised any poverty stricken country is trying to play baseball since most non-US posters go out of their way to remind us that only the US likes baseball.

>when you don't care and write an essay to show how much you don't care
It's almost like you all have no idea how you come across. Because you're proving every point you're trying to deny, simply by arguing at such length

> Cant afford to play baseball because you need a bat

> Cricket is the no1 sport in the majority of South Asian shitholes

Any euros should know the kind of posts "defending" why we don't watch soccer is autism exclusive to this board.
If you talk to any well-adjusted American sports fan they will likely tell you that they simply don't watch soccer, and that's it.

>You need a bat, you can't just use a tree branch
yes you can, I'm pretty sure that people in the caribbean do this.
it's the same as playing football without football boots.
>You still need to pay for a basket and a ball, while soccer only needs a ball
this isn't true as needing a basket is comparable to needing goalpoasts in football.
>Hockey sticks are expensive as fuck, and no you can't use tree branches
yes you can.
>It's played in Africa because they can't afford any of the required sports gear, so they never learned to play anything else.
not true, it's played in Africa because it's infinitely superior to any other sport.

Holy shit. Gr8 b8

Keep it up. Loving this thread

Hows argentinas hockey team doing in the olympics

Aristocracy =/= monarchy. Read a book poorfag

Have a (You) my Moomintroll friend.

>no scoring
>no scoring deviation
>awkward looking
>slow consistent pacing
>can't utilize the most coordinated part of your body
That's why it's not popular here

we don't sweaty xx

1) The scoring is really not that far off ice hockey, shit there are plenty of American football games that are lower scoring but the points are just worth more.

2) What do you mean scoring deviation?

3) The pace isnt consistent at all. Its one of the more dynamic team sports in that regard.

4) Goalkeepers? throw ins?

I dont even like soccer that much, but the main reason its not popular in the US is simply that the US didnt invent it, arent good at it and arent at the center of it. It'd be the no2 sport there ahead of baseball and basketball otherwise.

the olympics are in 2 years m8
and what does that have to do with anything anyway?

Fuck off, hobo.

>low scoring
how is this a bad thing?
it's actually good for obvious reasons.

It's called povertyball because hispanics and africans love it.

It's like calling it "mexicoball" or "jungleball"

I mean, I guess yanks have shoulder pads and helmets and shit with their sport whereas poverty ball you can't even use your hands.

ar·is·toc·ra·cy

ˌerəˈstäkrəsē/

noun

the highest class in certain societies, >especially those holding hereditary titles or offices.

"the ancient Polish aristocracy had hereditary right to elect the king"

yes it is scoring is pretty much double in hockey what it is soccer

deviation meaning different types of scoring which rewards small successes i.e. field goals in football, soccer is all or nothing and considering how hard it is to score i dont view that as a good thing

i meant comparatively speaking is slow and constant, whereas football and baseball is 95 percent nothing going on and 5 percent chaos

the other 10 players cant use their hands during play, considering arms are an important mechanism of using our bodies athletically, its really off-putting

not demeaning it{at least here lol}, just explaining it

its too low though. most people here wouldnt have a problem with the low scores but it opens itself up to one play reversing the fortunes of a game, it lends itself to a shitload of ties{which i dont mind nearly as much as most americans but thats an absolute no go zone}, inferior teams playing for ties before the match even starts, etc.

>it opens itself up to one play reversing the fortunes of a game
what

The recent Bruins-Canadiens game ended 2-1. The most recent Barcelona game ended 1-0.

This thread is awful, it's not surprising it's an Argentinian trying to bed for acceptance. pay your bills. Falkans are Brittish. that ship doesn't belong to you. no one or side of your poor shithole cared about you.

>yet another mexican talking about Argentina when the thread's about football
how can one """country""" be so obsessed?

>it's high class in America to not be morbidly obese

Soccer is a fundamentally boring game

Play rugby union, play cricket, play hockey don't play soccer