Why did Trump let Cruz hijack his convention? Do they hate each other that much...

Why did Trump let Cruz hijack his convention? Do they hate each other that much? I know Cruz welched on his promise but that was still pretty based.

Other urls found in this thread:

politico.com/story/2016/05/ted-cruz-republican-national-convention-rules-223175
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/06/ted-cruz-were-going-to-build-a-wall/
youtube.com/watch?v=Jae1qR8MyHg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm guessing Trump knew or at least suspected this would happen. His wife's speech was designed to troll on multiple levels. It had a rickroll, it deliberately used lines from Michelle Obama's speech. Most importantly,
>your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise

Even Cruz supporters were put off by him. Cruz really showed what a self-serving piece of shit he is. He keeps burning bridges. How many does he have left?

Trump let rat hang himself.

Trump playing 4D chess again. Such a genius!

I just watched the speech and it was fine, he didn't endorse trump but didn't say anything that would make people more likely to vote clinton or stay home

Wtf i hate trump now

#acruzammunition

Apparently the speech sorta read like a half-committed endorsement; if the crowd had stayed positive and clapping like they were meant too it may have been taken that way.

But Trump (or his people) whipped the crowd up into a huge shitstorm and then Trump made his appearance. Cruz looked like a lying weasel.

I don't think it was the best move for the election, but I guess neither of them were able to forget how much they hate each other.

>Cruz really showed what a self-serving piece of shit he is.

Disagree. He was faced with blowing smoke up the man who besmirched him, insulted his wife, and trolled his dad; or breaking his promise. Can't say I would have chose to do what he did but I sympathize. That being said, I am voting for Trump. He's a dick on the campaign trail but that is largely irrelevant.

Nah fuck that cruz did well. All these "be honorable and keep your word types" are beta fucks

>Why did Trump let Cruz hijack his convention? Do they hate each other that much? I know Cruz welched on his promise but that was still pretty based.

I htink from the GOP point of view, one thing HAD to be said at the convention that could ONLY be said by somebody who was not going to endorse Trump.

The message had to get out there to disgruntled conservatives that, unlike 2012, they must not stay home. Even if yo decide that you can't ultiaetely vote for anybody in the Presidential race, you have to get your ass to the polls this time and support the rest of the ticket. Whether Trump or Clinton winds up as the next President, if you believe in conservative issues and values, there has got to be a conservative Senate still in place, the House has to stay strong, the legislatures and governorships have to remain conservative.

Yeah, Trump and the RNC want to defeat Hillary and elect Trump. But there are other races, and if folks ultimately can't cast a Trump vote, they'd like to not get wiped out down the ticket.

And yeah. like or hate Cruz, that was ballsy. He was the hero we need.

The shit Trump said about his family, I would have taken a shit on the lectern and given all those rabid racists the finger.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. He gave a tacit endorsement, and Trump chose to spurn it. This feud is ridiculous.

Cruz got BOOED OFF STAGE

what the fuck are you talking about hillary shill?

This. Trump was a dick to him and Cruz didn't take his shit. Sure he comes across as a dick, but he also comes across as someone who stands up for himself and isn't afraid to say what he thinks. If Trump does win and fucks over the country then Cruz is prime candidate for next election, and if not then at least he went out like a boss.

I understand why he did what he did. But that doesn't change the fact that Cruz is a self-serving piece of shit.

A bigger man would've given the endorsement instead of a thinly veiled "fuck you". This just shows why Cruz is hated on Capital Hill. It's not because he's a principled outsider; it's because he's an asshole.

Cruz is our Gulen. Trump is our Erdogan. He will have to purge the tea party from this country after he takes power.

Trump probably hasn't seen the trash take itself out before and wanted to see how it would unfold

Reminder that Cruz attacked trumps wife first

>I'm guessing Trump knew

They'd known since Monday or early Tuesday. So they had the whips out on the floor to start the chanting and booing, and brought Trump in at the end to upstage him.

But look, if you are Trump, you ant people who are dithering to get into the polls anyway, ad Cruz urged them. Faced with the stark choice of those two names on the ballot, many conservative voters might swallow hard and vote Trump, few would ever vote Hillary. But if they stay home, last-minute roads to Damascus moments can't happen.

In addition, those who come in and ultimately decide they can't vote in that race don't hurt him any more than those that stay home -- but they might help him to not have as many liberals in the house and senate to deal with, if they vote in those races.

Ted Cruz just killed his own political career, and helped polarize the party against the Never Trump movement.

5D chess.

BOOED OFF STAGE
O
O
E
D

D

O
F
F

S
T
A
G
E

Define did well...
On an alpha as fuck basis sure.
On a gain support for the next election basis absolutely not.

If I were him I'd go the whole way up until the endorsement thing and then say "That is why today, I am officially endorsing... Gary Johnson for president of the United States, thank you." And then leave.

He literally walked on stage and not only didn't endorse Trump like he pledged to do, but talked about HIS campaign, and then suggested that people "vote with their conscience", in other words, telling his cruzbots to not vote for Trump. He's a scumbag and a sore loser who came out on stage for one last fuck-you to Trump and watching him get booed off the stage was the highlight of the night.

>Apparently the speech sorta read like a half-committed endorsement
It didn't. The Cruz campaign wanted to use their delegates to install a "conscience clause" which would allow bound delegates to vote with their conscience and against the people.

The "vote with your conscience" schtick was a clear "fuck you" to Trump and his supporters, and a message not to vote for Trump. His supporters will think he's principled because he refused to endorse, but he's a petulant child.

>politico.com/story/2016/05/ted-cruz-republican-national-convention-rules-223175

GOD DAMNIT, I THOUGHT WE WERE DONE WITH THESE FUCKING CRUZ SHILLS

Hillary bots trying to be cute.

The only important news is that Cruz was tossed out of the GOP donor room immediately following the speech.

He can't win any elections if he doesn't have money. He's completely fucked though his Goldman Sachs wife can bail him out a little, it won't be enough.

Cruz had the option of no-showing. No one forced him to show up or give a speech.

Cruz also insulted Trump's family with "New York Values" and ran those ads about his wife long before Trump took the gloves off.

This is standard Cruz tactics. Go after somebody's family, deny it when called about it, then play victim and pretend to "rise above it". He did this to other Republicans in Texas back in 2012

wtf I'm a cruzmissile now

>Why did Trump let Cruz make an ass of himself on live TV?
I don't know, user. You tell me.

Cruz burned one of his few remaining bridges because he couldn't be the bigger man.

No one cares about that. No one is mentioning that. All the headlines say "Ted Cruz is a cunt"

I seriously don't understand the thinking of people that are Cruz supporters or Never Trumpers. Do they not care that if Clinton wins she will get 2-4 supreme court picks?

>Re-watching Cruz's speech from yesterday
>He backed up every Trump's policy
>He smashed Hillary
>He even literally fucking said "build a wall"
>Everybody is chimping out just because he didn't add "vote for Donald Trump" at the end of the speech

What is your fucking problem again?

It's almost surreal how Cruz and his Never Trump cult are trying everything in their power to divide the party and help Hillary win, yet at the same time have the audacity to call Trump a Hillary plant.

And I said in a reply that I am voting Trump

At some point no change and 4 more years of Obama is preferable to having a jew loving buffoon in the white house fucking with our alliances and international partnerships. In short, as bad as Hillary is, she might be preferable to Trump.

If you asked me 6 months ago that paragraph would never have come out of my mouth. As time goes on though Trump is starting to just sound like an idiot on Sup Forums with no understanding of...anything

"I'm not SAYING you shouldn't vote for Trump, I'm just saying you should "vote with your conscience" and consider all the names on the ticket :^)"

TRUMP BTFO

Not mine, Trump's. He totally spurned Cruz.

It was the line "vote your conscience" that caused the uproar. That line has been a constant saying among the "Never Trump" crowd.

>literally booed off the stage
>hijacked the convention

okay

came here to post this

Which other candidates from the list said "build the wall" again?

So what? If he didn't derail it we wouldn't be talking about it.

BOOED OFF STAGE
O
O
E
D

O
F
F

S
T
A
G
E

Ted Cruz. (link related)
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/06/ted-cruz-were-going-to-build-a-wall/

That doesn't address the issue of supreme court picks. It's not just four more years of Obama. Those liberal justices she picks will hold a clear majority and you can pretty much say goodbye to the 2nd amendment at that point.

Which other candidates came out and said "vote with your conscience" instead of "vote for the nominee" again?

I know I was just referring to ones that won't vote Trump

Just because it's a subject of conversation doesn't mean he hijacked the entire night. In the grand scheme of things the only thing he derailed is his political career.

Nobody else thinks so
Cruz' career outside of Texas is over

Ted Cruz will never do anything but appeal to the hard-right nutjobs in the South. He is independent voter cancer and the GOP equivalent of Bernie Sanders with the same isolated blissfully unaware style of audience Bernie Sanders had.

>getting booed off the stage, giving hillary ammo, and making himself look like a small spineless idiot

>based

Cruzlims everyone.

>SAGE
Less 4d chess more Texas hold em. Both men are gamblers and unlike chess and more like cards they don't hold their own destiny completely in their hands. Sure Cruz has the smaller chip count right now but he just went all in on GOP future. Of course if trump is president Cruz is fucked but if not he gets to play the told ya so card.
>let the cards fall as they may

Liberal here. It would be nice to argue with intelligent conservatives who understand elementary math instead of Tea Party retards who can't get over that their entire economic model (which never worked) depended on an Excel error to even work.

no, people will blame him for not supporting the nominee
he is never touching the nomination in his life now

If Trump isn't elected, it will be Cruz and his ilk who are blamed for splitting the party and refusing to support the nominee. Cruz is double-fucked if Trump loses.

Again, which other candidates are left on the list, given that he absolutely obliterated Shillary in his speech? Gary Johnson?

>Why did Trump let Cruz hijack his convention?
no....

Texas is divided over him now.

Dude Trump is playing 5 dimension Korean star-craft.

Events that are random in your mind are just consequences of a serial of preplanned reactions made by a well thought mathematical analysis of results vs cost.

Like when the GOP lost the last election because they were like "lol math and science is for faggots. Lets shit on swing states". And they still think it's because Romney wasn't conservative enough. It's fucking hilarious.

Trump would definitely play terran

Which is certainly a consideration. The only hope at that point is the Repubs hold both chambers and can stone wall her for 4 years, basically leaving the court unusable.

That however needs to be balanced against the fact Trump is essentially talking about NATO breaking up, pissing off the sleeping dragon in China, and potentially destroying confidence in the Dollar

Great, I can keep my guns (which isnt even a guarantee since everything is all about "the deal" with him) but my money buys almost nothing, our friends hate us, and China wants to eradicate us. But hey, I got my guns and ISIS are just random chunks of meat on the sand in the middle east

Anyone else feels like the choice is between jumping into a raging fire feet first, or having a fire built underneath us so it builds slowly?

>Cruz welched on his promise

So? Do people not remember Trump's promise to not run third party then subsequent reneging on said pledge? Or do trump supporters only denigrate this behavior when it's anyone who is not their guy that does it?

More importantly...

I have a question for Trump Supporters, when Cruz said "Vote for some who shares your values and will defend the constitution,".... Why didn't you think he was talking about you're candidate?

I don't think presidency will ever happen for Cruz now but I also don't think he's angling for that anymore. I think his eyes have been opened to the fact that the real power is behind the scenes. Also, if you don't think that trump getting btfo in generals doesn't cause a social conservative backlash within the GOP power structure than you missed the first day of the convention. This is not a united party and unless something drastic happens its gonna splinter in a bad way. I think Cruz is trying to control that splinter and carve out a fiefdom of lasting influence. I could be wrong but that's how I read it.

says the man whose darling economist believes an economy based on alien invasion is a good idea.

That room is a pigsty.
Mentaly ill animal

That is very possible. Of my friends who vote Right more than a few are talking about the need for another party. That what has become a basically center/right leaning party no longer represents anything they really care about. In some ways Hillary is more conservative than Trump is. Thats kind of fucked. When the Dem candidate can stand on stage and out Republican the Republican everyone has already lost.

My personal problem with Cruz is the religion thing though. Its fine to love Jesus, but dont shove it down my throat every time you speak. That however is what a lot of people are looking for.

Could you imagine a third, center party forming? People like Trump and Clinton would jump right in on that. Ryan and Biden.

The Warrens and Pelosi's will stay in the far left party. Cruz's and Palmer's will stay far right

and 's Problem is that that when they heard the words "Vote for someone who shares your values and will defend the constitution. Vote with your conscience" their candidate isn't who came to mind and they are suffering from super double think.

Yeah I could imagine a serious 3rd party but I think it comes soley from the ashes of the GOP. Even though the Dems fucked up with shillary as a person their platform is still pretty strong across the vast majority of their voter base. For instance I could see a Christian Values party forming and be kinda like what the libertarians are for uber economic conservatives. As for other splinters idk and idk what it means for the GOP as a whole. Their policy planks need a serious rethinking though. I don't think anybody realized just how much damage George W did to the Republicans image. This shit appears to be deep.

The main problem in the GOP right now is that a good chunk of its members are pretty much "cheap" democrats. Paul Ryan being one of the main poster children. People like Mark Kirk. If you remove the "lets save as much money as possible" from the platform, it is nearly identical to the dem platform (especially if we include the results of the 2012 autopsy and its suggestions)

At some point voting on an entire platform and party just because of firearms isnt enough anymore. This year has proven the Republican party is dead. There is no repairing its image after so many have supported gay marriage, trannies in bathrooms, letting immigrants flood the country, and the whole time defending things like NAFTA and TPP

Give your opponent rope so he can hang himself

>based
More like sore loser. He needs to "deal with it", rather than torpedo his political career.

Pro tip: Trump never ran 3rd party

>That what has become a basically center/right leaning party no longer represents anything they really care about

user, the Republican Party has shifted more and more to the Right, Trump has even added the wall as part of the main Republican platform now. And Pence is pretty far-right too.

They released all the details about the platform, you'll have to tell me how it's a "center" platform.

>so many have supported gay marriage, trannies in bathrooms
Source?

>letting immigrants flood the country, and the whole time defending things like NAFTA and TPP
Trump's entire platform is against that, it's the crux of his campaign. And some Republicans have done that for decades. Bush supported amnesty and signed NAFTA.

>That what has become a basically center/right leaning party

You Christcucks were the ones who made the GOP this way with your retarded candidates like McCain, Romney and the Bush's. Donald Trump is bringing the GOP back to its roots. You can either join us for the ride and help us solve the real issues in this country (immigration, the war machine, Common Core, SJW brainwashing) or you can form your own party and fall into obscurity ranting and raving about non-issues like gay marriage, abortion and Israel while the rest of the country moves on to more important topics.

The people have spoken and the people are tired of the same old bullshit that has gotten us absolutely nowhere. How you deal with the will of the majority now is your choice.

> NAFTA and TPP
But that's just it man there's the issue in a nutshell the GOP was a party of open trade long before it was a party of Conservative Christian values. That they support these doesn't surprise me. They're showing their true nature instead of going full populist and trump only has if half right. Evangelist tendencies and the like still matter for a cohesive GOP and no matter what anyone says Christian voters are still the gold standard of demographics to have at your back in America as far as loyalty and enthusiasm are concerned.

Because he didn't have to and you're lying to yourself if you think that he wouldn't have

You're right he didn't have to, and therefore didn't break the no 3rd party pledge. See Trump doesn't break pledges he signs unlike certain other candidates :^)

AAHAHAH sure bud. You guys love the rat fag.

Lol you just described dixie-crats
>GOP roots
>party formed by and for Lincoln
>party of Harding
>of laissez fair economics and free trade
LRN2HSTRY

Because Trump's goal from day one has been to get his old friend Hillary elected.

Trump and his cadre of useful idiots and progressive infiltrators spread their message of progressive government. Others oppose them.

Sure, Trump won the nomination, but if he isn't careful at this point, he could win the white house. There are a lot of incredibly stupid voters out there.

Allowing one of the most conservative senators in a generation to speak helps further dissension in the ranks of the party.

Besides, there's still plenty of damage to be done in the down ballot races.

Except its former Dixie-crats and their descendents that have turned the GOP into the Christcuck, Bush-tainted, Cuckservative shitfest it is today. The heart of the Bible Belt is in the former Dixie-Crat stronghold Southern States.

This is a must watch for anyone trying to understand Canadians(teds a canuck)

youtube.com/watch?v=Jae1qR8MyHg

>Trump: I won't run third party.

Later after he doesn't win Iowa

>Trump: I may consider running third party.

>LOLOL TRUMP NEVER BROKE THE PLEDGE

Yeah, the point is that he was going to.

Huh, I never knew women had piss jugs too.

>Because Trump's goal from day one has been to get his old friend Hillary elected.

Nice tin foil you have there, idiot. Trump has lost a lot of money and has put his brand that hes spent decades building on the chopping block. Theres absolutely nothing Hillary could have offered him to outbalance the stress, lost money and media slander that hes endured this past year.

Try using some basic logic you fucking retard. This is why no one takes you Christcucks seriously and why youve lost control of the GOP.

Lost money? He takes campaign contributions from deluded fools and rents his own properties to host his rallies.

This little lark has been quite profitable for him and his family.

>B-b-bb-but he was going t-to
This is the best you have, sad.

80d inter-dimensional speed monopoly

Someone wanna fill me in on what Cruz did?

All I'm saying is that your views are neither in line with traditional GOP policy nor recent (1980s Christian based etc.) policy. Now we can argue about the subjective merit of trumps policies, but there is no argument that he is pulling the party in a more populist direction than it has ever been. A direction previously occupied by dixie-crats. That he has separated the Christianity from it is a gamble, but I'm looking at this from a strategic point of view rather than a fan of trump. Tbh this election cycle has made me as dispassionate about politics as I've ever been in life.

He didn't bend his knee to the mango messiah.

The stupid talk radio personalities are parading this idiocy around. Michael Berry is one of these people who are so butthurt over his Jesus figure losing that it makes Montrose look tame. Like country music, the Canadians are making Texas look ridiculous.

>S-s-so what he said he wasn't going to do it then flipped! He didn't do it so I don't care.

Sad indeed.

This is a genuine question for all trump supporters.

Is there something that you won't let him get away with? Is there anything that he could do that would actually cause him to lose your support?

To clarify: Canadians dominate American country music.