Re-watching Cruz's speech from yesterday

>Re-watching Cruz's speech from yesterday
>He backed up every Trump's policy
>He smashed Hillary
>He even literally fucking said "build a wall"
>Everybody is chimping just because he didn't add "vote for Donald Trump" at the end of the speech

What is your fucking problem again?

The vote for your conscience part of his speec was the motto of the #NeverTrump people. Or should I say death cry.

Regardless he's done at the national level. You don't that to your own party without repercussions.

>hold all of Trump's positions
>don't support him because of a personal dispute
Maybe in Slavland thats considered alright, but in the civilized world we call that being a cunt.

Trump's supporters don't give a fuck about any particular issue, it's a cult of personality like Mussolini or Hitler.

Absolute dedication to Trump is the only thing that matters and so that's why everyone was freaking out.

>You don't that to your own party without repercussions
Do what exactly? Bushes, Romney and several others didn't even had balls to appear at convention. Cruz did and basically said "what Trump says is right" and "Hillary is shit". Was anything he said wrong?

Yep. Unless Trump fucks up the presidency BIG LEAGUE Cruz can forget being elected to that position again.

So if he backed up all of Trump's policies then why didn't he say vote for Trump?

Agreed he said everything to endorse Donald except the words "I endorse Trump".

He even congratulated him on the win.
If the crowd didn't react the way they did it would not of been newsworthy.

However if Cruz heard what the crowd was chanting he should of just said the words. The best way for him to influence policy is by supporting a Republican government that is actually in power.

I also watch Newt's speech. That guy is a good public speaker.

No you're right. Now I'm #ArtillaryForCruzMissile

Thanks for making this thread and really getting me thinking.

I forgive you Rato. Does Sup Forums forgive him?

Also, what happens to him when Trump gets elected?

This Pole has a point.
However, I could use that to say that Cruz also should have just stayed home.
Also it is awesome that Bush stayed home, he would not be helping Trump's campaign at all because Killary is doing the same mistakes he made.

He gets deported back to Canada.

I'm seriously asking. What was wrong with Cruz's speech?

I dunno man. Maybe the just assumed that the audience was mature enough to read between lines?

I think Ted has been offered up as a metaphoric sacrifice. He is being used as a symbol for the "Never Trump" crowd.

Get in line faggots. There's no time for fucking around anymore.

He is a rat, all he would have had to say is "I'm endorsing Trump because no matter how much I dislike Trump, Hillary is an insufferable cunt who will work to erode your personal freedom."

So basically he realized that everything Trump said was right but was too much of a fucking child to endorse someone he said he'd endorse (namely, whoever is the nominee).

He's a fucking rat and doesn't belong in politics. If this is how he defends relatively meaningless oaths sworn in front of the voters, how could he possibly have the will to defend the Constitution of the United States of America?

Rats gonna rat. He's over.

Bush and Romney were more mature than Cruz. Trump invited Cruz to speak when he didnt have to and even said "you dont have to endorse me" if he couldnt swallow his pride long enough to endorse the guy then he shouldve stayed home. When someone invites you to dinner you dont go to their house eat their food then shit on the carpet.

To be fair I agree and although I support Trump and never liked Ted "Green Eggs and Ham" Cruz I respect that he at least did somewhat support and congratulate Trump but didn't necessarily come out and sell out his position like that.

It's more than Bernie did in standing up for what he believed in, said what he supported said support the party and the candidates you believe in, attacked the opposition and didn't act a cunt while doing it. Gained respect for him all in all.

I'm seriously answering that this thread seriously got me thinking and I appreciate you making an entirely new thread in the catalog for this topic.

Rumors are he intends on running in 2020 even if Trump is president.

>all he would have had to say is "I'm endorsing Trump because no matter how much I dislike Trump, Hillary is an insufferable cunt who will work to erode your personal freedom."
But that was basically his entrie speech was all about.

>So basically he realized that everything Trump said was right
Didn't he support most of these points before Trump even entered the politics and was still a democrat in favor of gun control?

>endorse someone he said he'd endorse
That speach was basically an endorsment.

Trump will One on One debate Laying Ted. In Canada.

The speech was a perfect example of Cruz's campaign. It was ideologically and grammatically correct, but still disastrous due to Cruz's inability to understand context or connect with people.

"I am technically right" only works at Harvard debates not in the real political scene. People see that he chose not to help in the fight against Hillary and unlike the Kasich and Romney chose to hog the spotlight.

>Bush and Romney were more mature than Cruz
By taking offense and staying at home like little spoiled children who got their favorite toy taken away from them?

>if he couldnt swallow his pride long enough to endorse the guy then he shouldve stayed home
Read the OP again. Cruy basically endorsed each of Trump's policies, including the wall, and attacked Clinton. Even if he didn't endorse Trump NAMELY and said "vote for any candidate", how many candidates on list does that leave for potential voters? Gary Johnson?

>That speach was basically an endorsment
No saying "vote with your conscience" isn't an endorsement. He should have said "lets get keep Hilary out the WH by voting for our Nominee". He's hoping Trump and the GOP falls flat on their faces and he can come up singing "I told you so, I told you so".

>vote with your conscience
But I'm asking again, what other candidates who want to build a wall would that leave in your opinion?

>That speach was basically an endorsment.
Then an endorsement wouldn't have been very hard, would it? And yet.

His policies are gold. But adding some extra spices with bowing down to the God Emperor is always nice.

Maybe he just didn't feel like doing it directly because reasons what's to be butthurt about, really?

If it's not a big deal that he didn't do it, then it wouldn't be a big deal to do it.

See how that works?

Each person in that room should have gotten in line to stab the traitor in the stomach. When will Trump set us free to purge the world of these vermin. I feel so restless..

Cruze agreed with Trump in that regard during the debates. He wants his supporters to write him in basically throwing their votes away. Like I said he wants Trump and the GOP to fail so he can try and make a comeback in 2020....provided another civil war doesn't happen...

There's a difference between not going and going just to fuck shit up.

all he had to say was "and that's why I endorse Donald Trump!"

boom, good speech and adored by the entire crowd. Instead the crowd grew anxious waiting for him to endorse Trump but he never did, so he got booed off the stage.

Honestly, Mike Pence gave a better speech anyway. So the people exaggerating the Cruz thing are mostly idiots.

He signed a pledge, the second half of his speech sounded like a campaign rally for Cruz, he started insulting New York YET AGAIN while making that dumb fat smile he always makes, then he closes it out by refusing to name the Republican candidate at his own event. Using the dead cops to start his speech, only to move into that was disgusting. He's hoping Trump bombs so he can be the defacto leader afterwords, too bad Republicans don't want to lose.

Also he's the one butthurt. This Trump-Cruz feud completely serves Hillary and was the dumbest thing this election, so for him to close it out with some shitty self-serving speech that didn't end anything was real ratty. Newt only said those things to calm the convention down and to try and soften the blow. Hope Rato has fun sucking Obama's dick on Air Force One.

>vote your conscious
>telling that to his notoriously suicidal supporters
That sure stomps out #NeverTrump right? Well after last night they will look like idiots so it works either way.

January 21st 2017

The Bush family and Romney are on the way out. They're all pretty old, and Neoconservatives are a dying breed in any case.

Cruz, on the other hand, is young. Plus, he's the face of one of the possible directions the party could go, and paid lipservice to another direction. The three options for the GOP are to go full NatSoc (Trump), to double down on Christian values (Cruz), or to go constitutional libertarian (Paul/Cruz).

Now, people are saying that Cruz is thinking about the next election. But the thing is, so is Trump. Win or lose, he wants to reform the party into an America first workers party. Cruz stood in the way of that with his message.

So what did Trump do? He manufactured an issue so "your word is your bond" is on everyone's mind. He then handed Rato a length of chord, a ceiling fan and a chair.

Now, the Rat could have been smart. He could have turned on the fan, sat in the chair, and practiced tying monkey fists or whatever. But he didn't. He hung himself, on prime time TV.

For pride.

So long, Rato.

Did he act against Trump? No, he didn't. Did he act against Hillary? Yes, he did.

Again, where's the problem?

>He wants his supporters to write him in basically throwing their votes away
Now, you're just projecting.

>fuck shit up.
Again, where exactly did he fuck shit up, and how?

And I forgot to mention that as user said, Pence saved the day by giving the hardcore Christian conservatives a figure to get behind. From Paul Ryan's beaming introduction and most of the delegation (old Christians) talking about how much they love Pence, Rato is irrelevant now.

Dude this is grown men we are talking about. No one is that petty. This can't be personal.

Think what you want dude. Theres people like me who will never vote for him again after that stunt. I live in Texas and I will now vote AGAINST him if he runs for senate in 2018. I certainly wont vote for him for president if he runs again

>full NatSoc
>Trump
how do you even know how to breathe, being that stupid?

>Now, you're just projecting
Maybe but, I've been reading post by Cruz supporters and Never Trumpers and that's how they received that message.

>go full NatSoc (Trump)
Now, you can't be serious.

If anything, Trump is draggint the party into becoming Democrats 2.0 with slightly different immigration policies.

>Not opposing the fag marriage and degeneracy in general
>Turning back on Christians
>Exactly same kind of cuck foreign policy Obongo has ("We're totally dangerous and tough now but p-please mr. Putin leave us alone, Ukraine and Europe are all yours)

What's even the difference anymore

>So long, Rato.
Seriously doubt that. From what I've seen, Cruz is a darling of Mark Levin and the constitutional conservative groups. Cruz will be useful as a thorn for keeping Trump in line for those types. Those groups don't go for the presidency, they work on changing congressional and gubernatorial seats to control what the president does. Trump may be good at twitter and tv but he definitely hasn't made much impact on conservative talk radio. These people are why Trump choose his vice president.

He doesn't hold all Trump's positions...you seem to have an imaginary view of Trump's actual platform.

>how do you even know how to breathe, being that stupid?
He already answered. He's a NatSoc. Who do you think has been behind the "destroy Ted's career" wing of Trump support?