Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_UmOY6ek_Y4
youtube.com/watch?v=67oBykAKUuk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At a party AMA

Yeah well at least I'm not endangered LARRY YOU BALD FUCK

How does it feel like being normal?

OT, mods plz delete.

Time we had a containment board for this shit. We could call it /spw/ for self-pitying wankers.

Then make it for yourself. Most great philosophers realized that people were trying to find happiness in others and not themselves. Stop pitying yourself about it and make it happen.

>what is /r9k/
how fucking new are you?

We have, it's called /r9k/. You permavirgins can fuck off. Noone's interested in your wailing.

JUST BE YOURSELF BRAH

Pretty normal I'd say, happiness is a pipe dream my man no one is really ever happy except for the moment never long term

>How does it feel like being normal?
>Pretty normal I'd say
wow, such a useful comment

>implying we deserve happiness
>implying we don't bring it upon ourselves

This is some real good normie-tier "le everyone's has rough" shit.

It definitely isn't that kind of point. Happiness is about acceptance of the facts of life. Most people aren't incredibly smart or attractive, or do interesting or exciting things. But they find happiness in themselves or friends or even just a hobby they enjoy. Continuing to double down on a "woe is me" attitude will not get you anywhere. If you have any friends they'll get sick of it over time, and if you don't have any the only person you're ruining is yourself.

Depression is something that basically everybody deals with. If you're rich you get sad that you never have to work for anything. If you're some 10/10 Chad you eventually get upset that people just see you as your skin and nothing more. It's why trying to hopelessly say "wah I'm special in my darkness!" is just a ridiculous way to look at it.

Fucking these. It takes a special kind of retard to believe that being outwardly successful/wealthy/handsome is some guarantee for happiness.

WTF is that picture?

I'm past the point of romanticizing my misery and I refuse to call it that but I suppose "depression" now it's just a constant, grating annoyance I deal with.

Like rodney dangerfield said "I wake up and heaviness is waiting, he smiles to me and says boy you're gonna get it good today ya know..you're gonna be drinkin early!"

Then I just wish I was a nigger being chased by a cheeta cuz then I wouldn't have time to be a whiny bitch.

I was in your shoes like 3 months ago, a kissless virgin in fact, now I'm happy and in a relationship for the first time in my life. All thanks to sacking up (and drinking enough) to ask a girl I liked to dance at a party.

>If you're some 10/10 Chad you eventually get upset that people just see you as your skin and nothing more.
That's just not how it works. If you are good looking, you're also seen as a much better person and treated way better. Some people have it incredibly easy in life and some people are treated like trash their entire life for no good reason. There's depression and then there's trendy meme-depression, which is kinda popular these days.

I don't know what I feel anymore... I feel like I'm just going with the flow hoping in vain that something will happen that will change my life. I know it's a lie and still I can't muster the strength to rise up. I hate this world and I hate almost everyone I see, I'm bitter and I feel like a loser.

After going through breakups, not achieving my goals, not getting the jobs I've applied for I started to care less and less for the world. I see the world getting worse by the day, the society I live in and the culture I share eroding by the second.

I get up to work, eat , go to the gym and put a fake smile for everyone to see... must mean I still care for something at least. I was close to committing suicide but my survival instinct kicked and I started remembering how my family would be torn apart by my death. They've struggled and sacrificed so much for me to get ahead in life and now I'm but another loser. In the end it doesn't matter since everything dies and its memory fades.

I resort to Sup Forums and video games \ books to take my mind away or else I get depressed and moody. At least writing this is somewhat of a catharsis to me.

And women have that privilege too. And they get fucked depressed over even MORE minute shit than you can think of. Like I said before, it's all about coming to accept that life isn't fair, not everybody gets the same privileges, and not everybody gets to be rich or handsome. Being a better person to yourself will ultimately get your farther than having somebody give you a pep talk. If you're depressed, the only way to get over it is to work through it yourself and have the moment where it clicks for you.

>Depression is something that basically everybody deals with
You are an idiot. Depression isn't a simple as a rainy day when you planned to go on a picnic. You're describing dissatisfaction with circumstance and "the grass is always greener" mindset.

Depression is having your lows go lower than the average person. What's a minor inconvenience to you can be catastrophic in their mind. And, no, it isn't something you get cured from. You learn how to manage it, how to scrape out of the hole. Or you take happy pills.

What song are you guys feeling right now?

youtube.com/watch?v=_UmOY6ek_Y4

Depression isn't simple, but I assure you everybody deals with it. "Clinical depression" is a whole other fucking thing and your brain is usually fucked to even distinguish the difference of happiness and sadness. But that's more a societal problem than a personal one.

8th year as neet
ama

Have you ever wished being born as a woman to have an easier life ?

Do you think your situation will ever improve?

Do you wish the world to be engulfed in war and destruction ?

AND IN THE END
IT DOESNT EVEN MATTER

Yeah, but they're experiencing happiness falsely. They're mistaking other things for happiness. So in the end, nobody wins.

>Have you ever wished being born as a woman to have an easier life ?
Not really, i did wish my mother had slept with a better man to have me, inherited some shitty genes and looks from that fucker
>Do you think your situation will ever improve?
No, i truly think i'm beyond getting better
>Do you wish the world to be engulfed in war and destruction ?
Maybe, if that means that we fuck up the world so bad that the only solution is to create an utopia or some shit like that
Too much sci-fi

MEHMET MY SON

>the only way to get over depression is to get over depression
Didn't think of that yet.

lads how do someone escapes apathy? i'm stucked in it since years. im not even fully a neet there is a place where i work few months every once in a while, and even earn small amounts of money with my hobby occasionally

>looking for happiness

kys you millenial scum, life shouldn't be the research of your own happiness, you narcissistic sperg, you should find a job and do smth with your life useful for society and others

>Do you wish the world to be engulfed in war and destruction ?
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

And this is the mindset that will always keep you from truly helping yourself.

To be fair, I had happiness once and through it away, so it's my own fault really.

PURE IDEOLOGY

youtube.com/watch?v=67oBykAKUuk

Can you not honestly even consider the fact that perhaps some people's issues cannot be solved with a mere change in outlook? That people do try this but continue to fail? The fact that you think that everyone can be happy merely by adopting its trappings says more about you then anyone else.

I know you probably won't take this post seriously, but stop "looking for happiness" and start finding ways to be productive. Start small and work your way up to bigger things over time.
Also (depending on where you live), try to find ways to connect with nature - even if it is just a hike on a short hiking trail.

Fuck off commie scum.

Hey guys what's going on he-

kill yourselves, purposeless parasites

You're never gonna be others. No point comparing yourself to them. They're never gonna live through what you did, they won't grow up with an alcoholic dad and a hysteric mom, their parents won't divorce early, they won't see their dad a few hours a week, they won't be forced to learn to live alone and teach themselves everything, they won't be overly hard on themselves in social situations, they won't understand the baggage you carry. You won't understand the baggage they carry either.
You have your own set of circumstances, and you need to deal with that fact. Compare yourself to your old self and see if you're moving forward by your own metrics. Being a professional victim and blaming others for shortcomings you failed to deal with and make up for is just a weak way of avoiding your reality. I know we're encouraged to be victims today, will all the Marxist and Freudian grime we soak in. But obsessing over others' sets of circumstances will make you unhappy, because unfulfillable desire is the source of unhappiness.

I'm a mess too, and I fall for the same trap too. Time and time again.
And to you ugly bastards out there, there are dozens of guys just like you that bang all the time. You've even seen it happen. Some unremarkable guys make their living teaching losers how to pick up (check RSD on YouTube -- tons of in-field evidence).
Looks are a tool, but they're one of many. They don't give you a free pass; there are other factors behind the success of good-looking guys. Please take it from me.

Yes but it makes me happy to see when others are unhappy
>inb4 edgy
I didn't choose this autismus

>ex gf is getting married

Why does everyone else get to be happy? It's not fair.

>I know society doesn't give a flying fuck about you, but you should give your earnings to society and help those people who treat you like trash. Don't be a parasite man.

Get that acid ready and ruin her face forever

I'm not comparing myself to anyone or being a victim, I'm just tired of hearing this bullshit about everyone having it rough, which is just asinine.

>All these "muh depression" fags

Take steps to fixing your life or the feelings will never go away. Posting sad wojack and sad pepe on a subsidiary board of Sup Forums won't help. You are wasting time you will not get back if you don't do something about it.

>give your earnings to society

did I ever say that ? strawman-boy ? I said do something useful, not throw away your money, god you're retarded

t. never was depressed
Why do you even bother posting this

>just do something about it
Another great peace of advice on how to fix depression.

piece*

Better than the alternative
>don't do anything about it

found the helicopter bait

T. Ugly

yeah bro keep jerking off and popping pills, its just a chemical imbalance bro theres absolutely nothing you can do at all :)

If you're a neet take steps to stop being a neet.

If you're fat, start dieting/excercising.

If you're socially retarded force yourself into social situations, just have to be tiny things like saying have a good day to the cashier or whatever.

That's legit how you stop feeling shit.
The whole "woe is me, for i am not Chad" isn't an excuse.

Check out the JRE podcast with Jordan Peterson, it'll resonate with many people here. And don't just dismiss what he says, he's giving you steps and psychological tools, but you need to develop them yourself.

I'm not sad, I just have no energy, lay in bed all day when not at work, and think about suicide every hour. I don't want anything, nothing interests me, I don't feel much, I can't motivate myself. Should I try and get medication?

Fugg, she's crazy hot

>I give up on life
>I will always choose to not give a damn and sit on the side lines watching life go by
>I don't make an effort to make friends
>I don't make an effort to get a girlfriend
>I'm not getting into a hobby like lifting or boxing to build confidence
>I'm not putting in extra hours at work to get ahead

No one gives a shit. You ARE natural selection, bitch. Weak minded betas like you need to be filtered out so Chads like me can excel and repopulate the planet with our genes. Stay angry, you self hating fuck boy.

I don't live nearby any neat forests, mountains or anything. It's a not really good town, without cinema, in a post communist yuro shithole. But i might try to take the train and go somewhere with nice nature once, thanks for the advice.

Medication is a band-aid, it won't mask the underlying wound. You have to heal it yourself. The chemicals in your brain are imbalanced, that's true, but the solution isn't to address the body side of the issue, but the consciousness side. There's a lot of shit you need to unwind in your head to see where your insatisfaction comes from, and then you need to decide whether it's something that you can deal with in concrete steps, or whether you need to let go of the desire itself.
I've been depressed for a long time, but during a 6-month period I hit my absolute lowest. I had never cried much in my life but at that point I bent. My brain was stuck in a loop of introspecting over the same shit all day every day, until I found the sources (many of them from childhood) of the parts of me that I didn't like. Maybe yours come from your personality, or your job, or your parents. Then I excised those parts, I let them go. I stopped feeling like a victim. But I was still feeling empty so I thought what the fuck, this shit is pointless, might as well just end it.
Thing is, your body is smart doing its own thing, but there are some kinks when it comes to interacting with your consciousness. Take a vacation in nature, far away from home, plan your days so that they're busy and full enough that you can just go through the sensory motions. Your brain likes new shit so it'll move back to normal, and the consciousness part of your depression has been dealt with for the moment. That helped me deal with some issues. It's not easy.

What is this crap you memer

Your first step to salvation.

And how did it work for you? You're still here

My goal was never to leave here, everything doesn't have to be so grand in life. I was never going to be some grand and important person, but instead I learned to enjoy life as it is. The greatest way to cope with the dreariness of life is to learn to enjoy the little things. Shitposting and discussions on Sup Forums can be entertaining enough sometimes.

Of course, I know that everyone has different conditions which may hamper their life in different ways. Like everyone else I can only give advice on what worked for me, in the end we will all have to find our own way.

My personal tip is to read "Steppenwolf", it may not be some grand book in itself, but at the time I first read it it was exactly what I needed. Sometimes literature, and occasionally movies, can givce you something more than entertainment or simply information. Wisdom and perspective can, sometimes, be learned from others.

Alright, my friend, you convinced me, I'll drive up to Maine or something and see if I can't make myself better. I'll get back to you after maybe three months

lol

how do your farts smell? I assumed you had just inhaled a big one before this post

The edgy 15-year-old who wrote this really has it all figured out, huh?

>Your brain likes new shit so it'll move back to normal, and the consciousness part of your depression has been dealt with for the moment.
It doesn't even need so much effort for that. I went to a concert of my fav band for the first time ever and the day after I was basically a different person. I tried to hold on to that positive feeling, it didn't work though.

Good post.
Everyone has a place for them. Sometimes you need to find it, sometimes you need to make it.
A common point is that you have to let go of desires, whether they were superimposed on your consciousness by external forces like your peers, media, or even your own body.

Damn, bamboozled again...

Nice gets btw.

>A common point is that you have to let go of desires

no thanks lol, but have a nice day

no wonder they banned everything

Good luck, man. All of you, including me.

People have been preaching about letting desires go and finding greater purpose for millenia, it's common to most religions and ancient philosophy across unconnected areas of the world. But we seem to forget each time there's a revolution in popular sentiment, we get lost in the details, and then we have to learn all over again. To me, belief in God isn't important, just like belief in the pseudo-scientific gospel popular today isn't important. They're effectively the same. We like to believe, our consciousness is made like that. We still cling to honor and justice, which have nothing to do with the natural world. Then choose to believe in yourself, and dedicate yourself to improving your consciousness. All art is a reflection of the consciousness of people behind it, so gathering the parts you like from there is important too.

Here's an essay I enjoyed recently for you lads. It's a modern take on what I discussed above. Recommended reading by Stephen O'Malley the refrigerator virtuoso:
ideologic.org/files/turner.pdf

You're right. But that's a band-aid. Your body takes the right steps to heal your wound before you can remove the band-aid. You -- the conscious part of you -- need to take the right steps to heal your mental wounds before removing the band-aid. Else you just exposed the wound again.

I'm rambling a little, but this is what I gathered so far, and I wanted to share with people who are going through what I am.

If hedonism deeply satisfies you and is truly the answer to your little depressive woes then there's plenty of feet threads around bro

Desires can be of many different types, son, but ultimately they are the only impetus that any of us have. If you have no desires, you have no motivation for doing anything.

Just because our happiness is different, it doesn't mean that it isn't happiness.

Whoa! That animal is filling his brain with rain water. Wtf...

Medication is more than a band-aid for some people. It can be more like a tourniquet - it is necessary for them to stay alive, so that they may heal before they bleed out.

You are not a medical professional so stop giving people shit advice that's going to lead them to isolation then suicide.

But were right in the middle of the death of television

I don't deny that. I guess I wasn't clear. A lot of desires that you have don't come from you. Whether it's your body asking you to eat and fuck all the time, or pressure to obtain big $$$ and the mortgage and the three Aston Martin payments, that's pressure to be successful by others' metrics. Maybe those desires are the goal and driver for some people, but if you didn't reach that conclusion by yourself then you'll feel dissatisfied when you can't fulfill them.

Do virgins hold pussy in such a high regard because it has inherent value (lol) or because their body and people around them drive them to do so? If their consciousness can't get them pussy because their personality is undesirable, either you take steps to change that and fulfill the desire (you're not hungry after eating), you let it go, or you wallow in your unhappiness and rationalize it as you being powerless and a victim and blame something external like your looks. It's hard to let go of biological forces -- you're forced to live with your body after all -- but letting go is a solution to many other desires that don't come from you. Just like you said, accept your place in the world -- or decide consciously to work to change it.

There's a difference between "letting go of all desires ever" and "realizing your own limits and setting your expectations accordingly". If you truly can be the best in anything, be so; if not, wishing to be the best is only going to bring you down. While the common opinion is to learn from your failures, there's a limit to how much you can learn from failing. In the end all you will learn is the feeling of failure which is neither pleasant or healthy in the long run.

Of course this is just from my own experience.
If you want to believe pumping people full of expensive SSRIs with wildly unpredictable side effects helps them deal with the reasons that make them depressed in the first place, that's okay. I don't deny that there are some cases where it helps, but I doubt that all depressed people today have an imbalance that is purely a genetic defect. I refuse to believe that I am just destined to be unhappy because my brain's chemistry is fucked, that there's nothing I can do to fix it, that the only solution is to fuck haphazardly with my brain's chemistry some more.
I've known people on those shits and they're not any better off. There's a lot of people that commit suicide despite (or due to? we don't quite know) antidepressants.
Whereas there are people who have consciously worked themselves out of depression instead of masking it and dealing with it. There are other, more natural ways to force your brain to increase its serotonin levels. I'd rather believe in this.