It feels so good to win for once, lads

It feels so good to win for once, lads.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mCP937VRfI4
youtube.com/watch?v=3szgwthkcIs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Shit propaganda film.
>Makes shit profit because people are fed up with liberal shit.

75.4 million more than it should have recieved.

>$69.5mil lost

Today is a good day.

libtards were on twitter telling people to go watch it twice. fucking kek.

That's not a terrible bad gross after less than a week dude. Not even counting video sales.

Hope you're looking forward to the sequel.

K E K
E
K

It was always going to get a base amount from feminists, cucks, and normies who wanted to give the movie a shot.

This is an amazingly good result.

>Hey guys, we just lost of a small fortune on this movie
>LETS DO IT AGAIN =D

Of course they'll try to do something like that again, Hollywood elite liberals have deep pockets and will do anything to try and keep the right down.

It's only been out for a week. Maybe after a month, I'd consider it a win for us

It's even more than that if you take their marketing budget into account.

Keep in mind that they blew an additional 150 million on marketing/merchandise. So they've got a month to jump from 75 million to 300. Doubtful.

i hope sony does make a sequal because its almost guaranteed to make less money than the first

the only reason it made as much as it has is because of the novelty and idiots that go to see movies just because, they wont go to the sequel, same way TMNT 2 did worse

compare budget vs box office
it bombed

it's just a shitty movie m8

It was a fun movie and wasn't preachy or SJWy at all. Yeah they shot the ghost in the crotch who cares?

idunno if they paid anything for that. all i saw was product tie-ins, and I think those companies were just hoping for a free boost

Film costed 144 and had a ad. budget of about 100 million as well

They get about 30-50% of gross receipts meaning they need about 500M to make their money back

This this is going to be a 200 million dollar bomb

Even if it reaches the budget of the film, over many years, it's still a flop, unless it makes at least 1.5x the initial budget during opening day/weekend.

Like another user stated, the initial budget doesn't even take into account marketing and general shilling, which they really went all out with this time around....

Yes, that's what I just said. I said that it was an amazingly good result that it bombed.

That's not how it works. The movie so far has earned about 40 Million in profit at best. It will gain more, but breaking even is the best the studio can hope for.

>ten sony shekles have been deposited in your account

>they need 300-400 to break even

Do you understand what profit is?

They are about 250 million down right now and only get 50% of receipts

> still in theaters
It isnt over

I was going to go see it and give it a shot before they started accusing the fan base of being bigots and losers. They did this to themselves.

That's not even taking into account their marketing budget.

I imagine that NBA shit cost a pretty penny.

Why do you post here Sony?

Shut up, Seth.

apologies for the misunderstanding senpai :3

>Shot the Ghostbusters logo in the dick

Doesn't matter after the 1st couple of weeks. Those people buying tickets are a residual number.

Watch out, they deliberately make some films lose money (through bogus distribution charges) to avoid tax.

>Mike Enoch & Sven being faggots about this

youtube.com/watch?v=mCP937VRfI4

So what are the chances we'll get some delicious browbeating articles from Kotaku and Vice telling us how sexist we are for not blowing our money on seeing popcorn trash at the theater?

Without opening in China it has no chance.

>It isnt over

>oy in the title

I see through your lies ((((((((((Shekelstein))))))))))

Considering what else is in theaters this weekend, its over.
Twatbusters won't break 100 million before it makes its way to the 99¢ DVD rack

What does that # mean? Girl stalk boys?

Isn't it lovely?

That $144 million could've been used for a better cause. But nope, they used it to make an unfunny, tumblrgasmic Ghostbusters movie.

Fuck Hollywood.

They have been. The problem with social justice in the US is it's so centered around pop culture which really supports the notion that we have no real culture.

According to Sony emails they need $500m otherwise it will be considered a failure.
Hehe.

> costed
> American flag

>trump getting nomination
>brexit happening

It's not for once, this year has been good

Yea, I misspoke. I mean they earned 40 million so far at best. I mean earnings, not profit, which the are quite far from.

Nobody actually saw the movie they just read a list of exaggerations on the internet. Kirsten Wiig is funny and you need to cope in a healthier way then lashing out at artists who just want to bring a little sunlight into this dark world killing ghosts.

>((( MASLOW )))

I'm sure all the Tumblr hamplanets will see the movie, but they'll torrent it to protest the theatres that don't have the requisite double wide seats to accommodate their enormous bulk.

>Yeah they shot the ghost in the crotch who cares?

Notice what you are doing here. Immediately, right off the bat, you have prejudicially dismissed the concerns, feelings, views, and perspectives of 50% of the world's population for completely arbitrary reasons because of your biases.

>Who cares?

Those of us who felt that it was a needlessly provocative move on their part. I mean, seriously, women can only be empowered by depicting them committing gender-based violence? It would have been impossible for them to just have shot the bad guy?

Think back to the bad guy in the original Ghostbusters. The guys were surprised that the bad guy was a woman, but there was absolutely NO gender-based violence or woman-hating in the final battle at all. The Ghostbusters merely merged their proton-beams and shot an empty doorway.... and that was all/

Scenes like the ending of this new reboot reinforce the view that violence against men is acceptable... because... well.... fuck men, that's why.

I am not an SJW, so I do not demand that films like this be censored for banned, but our concerns about this shit aren't worthless and should not be dismissed just because of how we were born.

Of course they paid for that. The rule of thumb is to double any stated production budget to account for promotion.

kek

marketing is part of the budget dumbass

OP after merch and other things it will come out net green, and remember it still has many weeks left in theaters

Sup Forums here

we already won. trust me.

>SHUT HIM DOWN
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

>marketing is part of the budget

Lmao

The biggest part is spending on cinemas. They bought out b+ cinemas with close to 100% royalties just to get to the "production budget ≤ box office".

>for once
you must be new around here

The Jews will still profit. Hollywood accounting ensures even the most successful movies look like a loss, while the studios make millions.

No.

144m is the PRODUCTION budget. Production of the film itself does not cover merchandising and advertising.

>>Yeah they shot the ghost in the crotch who cares?
>Notice what you are doing here. Immediately, right off the bat, you have prejudicially dismissed the concerns, feelings, views, and perspectives of 50% of the world's population for completely arbitrary reasons because of your biases.

Sorry crotch shots are a staple of comedy, and their reaction is that they are embarrassed they all did the same thing at the same time to knock the ghost down.

The only thing even remotely approaching shitty feminist SJWing was in an after credits scene where Ripely from the first movie says something along the lines of "alarms are for boys" or something to that effect.

"Scenes like the ending of this new reboot reinforce the view that violence against men is acceptable... because... well.... fuck men"

Agreed, Slimer was a valuable model for young boys and throughout the final act of the film he is brutally tortured, even in front of his wife, Mrs Slimer, they showed no mercy and even laughed while he quietly died.

>For once

Have you not been here all year? Missed the happenings and the Brexit? Not to mention Trump winning the nomination handily.

>to the convention!

GOD FUCKING KILL YOURSELVES YOU FUCKING ANTISEMITIC FUCKING PIECES OF FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SHAKING AT THE UTTER FUCKING ANTISEMITISM ON THIS FUCKING BIGOTED FUCKING SITE.

THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING FUCKING WRONG WITH BEING FUCKING JEWISH!!!!! GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S 20 FUCKING 16, RACISM AND BIGOTRY NEEEEED TO GO!!!

HOW DAAARE YOU MOCK AN OPPRESSED GROUP THAT WAS MASSACRED IN THE PAST 100 YEARS I'M JUST, LIKE I CAN'T EVEN PUT INTO WORDS HOW MUCH I FUCKING HATE YOU RACIST, REDNECK, INBRED FUCKING DOG SHIT FUCKING CUNT FUCKS FUCKKKK YOUUU!!!! AHHHHH I HATE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH!!!!

It`s not with probable exception of tralers and on-stage interviews. And royalties they pay to cinemas are enormous.

Movie is bad (probably you preceive it`s feminazi agenda as good, but cinematographically, dramatically and recreationally it`s a piece of shit), but it`s in all the b+ cinemas now, because they pay for it. Of this gross income their part of it is less than 1/6.

>Sorry crotch shots are a staple of comedy

I think that's extremely problematic, don't you? The portrayal of male genitalia is a free-for-all punching bag is inherently sexist and hateful. The fact that this toxic femininity is so prevalent in our culture is deeply concerning and must change.

144 is the production budget. Studios don't usually reveal the marketing budget.

> Sorry crotch shots are a staple of comedy
And it`s age-rated for a reason.

I don't know why you're bitching about crotch shots when it's implied they castrated Slimer before kicking him into the abyss in front of his screaming wife. It's like they are saying "This is what masculinity is" Actually the line is "You think you're a man, Slimer? You're nothing. You are a relic. You're shit. " And they torture him with pulses from their proton packs until he starts to destabilize. Then they sweep him into the portal with their feet. Then they kick over the hot dog cart and the hot dogs fall into the abyss. It was a fun movie with a few problems but I had a good time and I know the writer said a bunch of feminist shit but the 4 leads are genuinely funny women.

Remember that Paul Fag said the movie needed to make $500 million in order to get a sequel

youtube.com/watch?v=3szgwthkcIs

>Studios don't usually reveal the marketing budget.
Especially when a huge segment of that marketing campaign is centered around dark gray area ethics, like them deleting the negative comments from the trailer, and the attack on James Rolfe.

Every single male character was either evil, a coward or stupid? I can only assume it was because...

>HaHa, I was just pretending to be sexist to prove a point to you misogynists.
or
>Reverse sexism doesn't exist because sexism is hate+power and only men have power.

>all that shit

Christ. I'm extra glad it flopped now

>profit
That word doesn't mean what you think it means. You're looking for revenue.

>200 millions loss
> it's a huge industrial accident
> wow!

My main problem with the scene is that nobody told them Slimer's name, they just knew it somehow the moment they saw him in the park with his wife

Did you seriously take that bait? Jesus, you fucking Plebbitor refugees need to get the fuck off my board.

I BET YOU'RE ALL ANTISEMITIC BIGOTS!! FUCKK YOUU FOR YOU FOR USING THIS SITE!!!

>implying a doorway isn't a metaphor for a goddess' vagina
>implying "crossing the streams" wasn't established as trangressive and forbidden because of psuedoscience danger
>implying that a goddesses' pussy wasn't raped with a grotesque taboo of four men pouring their violent energy streams (from phallic enhancement symbols no less) directly into it
>implying the psychosexual themes aren't reinforced by Rick Moranis' nerdy actor becoming bestial and copulating with sultry Sigourney Weaver's unnatural wildcat persona(counter to her mild acting before possession) under the symbolic roles of Keymaster(penis) and Gatekeeper(vagina)

I have news for you, user

> I BET YOU'RE ALL ANTISEMITIC BIGOTS
I don't have mitochondrial DNA detector tho. How can I be antisemite without it?

once?

have you seen the left lately?

>That moment when people actually believe that perceived symbolic sexual violence is equivalent to actual sexual violence.

>when it's implied they castrated Slimer before kicking him into the abyss in front of his screaming wife. It's like they are saying "This is what masculinity is" Actually the line is "You think you're a man, Slimer? You're nothing. You are a relic. You're shit. " And they torture him with pulses from their proton packs until he starts to destabilize. Then they sweep him into the portal with their feet. Then they kick over the hot dog cart and the hot dogs fall into the abyss.

Did that actually happened I don't know...

Kek I watched it last night with my gf.

Just because we knew the theater would be empty and we could make out in the back like we were kids again. Decent special effects. Shit lines. No chemistry between characters. You can tell hey were just dropped there for the diversity quota.

> Sony
Yeah, btw - fuck me if I buy anything from sony in the next 10 years.

>Sorry crotch shots are a staple of comedy

They are used as a plot device to empower women at the expense of men. Essentially, genital mutilation is employed to emasculate men as a means of uplifting women.

The fact that this is meant to be "funny" makes it that much more insidious, and certainly does not make it more hilarious. Such violence, directed in the other direction, would be completely unacceptable to the world at large.

There was a big fucking drop on Monday.

The theater takes half the ticket same so they need to make twice the budget to break even. Plus they spent another 100 million+ on marketing.

Hollywood accounting will be correct for once. The film made no money.

>genuinely funny
>women
Pick one

>It feels so good to win for once, lads.
exactly...you're all losers

Is your gorilla ass still bitching about Twitter, Leslie?

>Supporting what is subjectively by consensus garbage because its politically in line with your ideology
Why haven't they given all their money to women yet?

(You)

How does a movie with SNL-tier actors and 90s looking CGI blow though $144 MILLION?!