Pokemon Go forces Americans to learn metric system

Pokemon Go forces Americans to learn metric system.

Discuss

Savages.

in b4 imperial is more instinctive

My girl just taped her phone to the ceiling fan and checks when the bar is full. Traveling is for suckers.

how many meters long is your aircraft carrier fleet

We already use the metric system, just not exclusively. People buy 2 liters here and run 5ks here.

Only you care about ships, noone gives a single fuck about your carriers in Europe. What are you going to do with them in here.

Mind it is you who needs to swim to the mainland.

I've been using metric system for like ten years though

I'm autistic however

This, we have meters and liters and so on all over the place, it's just not consistently metric.

>21st century
>still using incredibly sinkable trillion dollar floating aircraft coffins

kek

But we already know both.

Teaches us aswell, we still use miles and feet for distance, pretty much metric for everything else

I wish, but we just guesstimate.

>whatever country that is has never even heard of a trillion dollars

Anyone in the US that has already taken a physics course in HS or college already was taught the metric system

>american
>chemist

Everyone in America knows metric already.

About time they join the rest of the world. They've been behind in this for at least 300 years.
How many countries even use the imperial system again? like 6? And they're all 3rd world shitholes and africa

>whatever country that is uses the metric
>still third world

>Being proud of your governments ability to waste your tax money

cool B)

>no argument
>rant like a buttblasted baby

wew lad

What argument is there? I don't have one, just pointing out that you're a poor shithole.

I welcome a change to the metric system

Yep

Anyone playing that shit is required to immediately turn in their man card and start saving for implants, c cup or better.

What is your definition of 1st, 2nd and 3rd world?

shouldn't you be giving your money to Tyrone to repay for dem evil whiteys from ancient past?

shieet nigguh

Metric system isn't hard, it's just retarded.

>learn metric system
Yeah, nah. People need to stop forcing this meme. People figure out that km/mi is 5/3 so they just go with that. The weight and height are meaningless so no oe cares.

>Tfw I already use metric almost exclusively at work operating machines
You euro dumb fucks and your murrica memes.

Nope because there still bitching about muh reparations and won't get any

I shouldn't have to explain it. I consider you first world, just not little srbska

>IT'LL BE AROUND FOREVER YOU DUMB FAGGOTS
>one week later, everyone's already bored of it

Fuck pokeniggers.

Metric is never going to catch on in America, people will not learn new maths. Science is one thing but on a personal level our system whatever you call is much more applicable to common man.

I think it's Serbia which makes sense since they got assblasted by said carriers before.

I already learned from working on these glorious machines.

t. tonibler

>>IT'LL BE AROUND FOREVER YOU DUMB FAGGOTS
literally nobody has ever said this about anything

I already know the Metric system since I was like 10.

The American standard is the way of the future. Sorry Europoor.

Implying we're actually learning the metric system. I just walk until the egg is hatch, get rekt EU faggots.

Never

See

>1st world: NATO
>2nd world: Warsaw pact
>3rd world: neutral countries

>burgers still think it's about quality of life

It's basic thing you need to know. You have to leave Sup Forums, m8. Go back to Sup Forums or Sup Forums.

Americans know both systems, idiot. We just prefer conventional units.

>metric system uses power of 10
>like its hard to understand
the only difficulty is getting a mental picture of how heavy 482kg is and knowing its more than 1000lbs. Or instinctively knowing 36C is hot, but its easy enough to do the 9/5ths+32 or the shortcut double +30.

36 * 5/9 + 32 = 96.8
36 * 2 + 30 = 102 (inaccurate, but close enough to ballpark)

I use feet, inches and 1/8ths for woodworking.

THOSE SONS OF BITCHES!

Most Americans know both.
Imagine that- being able to use 2 systems of measure without having a stroke...

desu I've always used metric over Imperial for everything but mileage

>much more applicable to common man
i hear this argument from every burger but desu, that's nonsense.
metric:
10mm=1cm
100cm=1m
1000m=1km

imperial:
12inch=1foot
3feet=1yard
1760yards=1mile

stupid. just. stupid.

>we still use miles in the uk for roadsigns and speed
wtf are we doing

I didn't learn anything. I walked until the egg was done

you do realize we are taught the metric system in high school right? most people know the conversions rates, and if not they can just google it

>Euroshits are so stupid they dont know that we learn both

i want pokemon go players dead

You mean those who use the metric system and those who hire nazi's scientists that use the metric system

Europeans are so smug about their knowledge of metric that they think doing the mind-numbing mathematics required to convert isn't worth the time or effort.

Basic multiplication is so bothersome to Europeans that they flip out when confronted with imperial and throw a tantrum about it rather than just multiply or estimate.

I've seen Europeans gleefully use substandard and obsolete equipment just because it output data in metric, apparently forgetting that it all goes into excel which will gladly convert to whatever you want with simple commands. These faggots easily do unit conversions when it comes to energy without complaint, but the moment a European is confronted with bathymetry data with 3 inch resolution, they sperg the fuck out about it rather than multiplying one goddamn column in a huge spreadsheet by a small number to convert to an ugly decimal of meters just to be cucks about it.

t. hydrogeologist who just got back from two years working with faggot Europeans

>You need to go to college in the US for something anyone in Europe without studies know
Wew.

When is it ever useful to covert from feet to miles?

It never is.

What's the point, you won't get it, just like that pokemon.

Why?
How often do you convert from meters to km, if ever?

Yea that was the old meme, I'm aware it's changed now, Mong.

implying anyone actually learns it and doesn't just walk til they hatch

1ft = my foot
1 yard = my stride
1 mile = distance traveled in 1min by car on hw

On my way

Knew it already. ...

Very often actually because it's so easy and everyone will understand it.

3,6 km = 3600 m
0,8 km = 800 m
Shit like that

It's a good thing.

We should all use the same system of measurements.
Just as we should all speak the same language and wipe out backwards cultures that hamper forward progress and a happy functioning society.
We should seek progress in all things.
And if that means sterilizing the bottom half of humanity and anyone in the bottom 10% intellectually thereafter, then that is what should be done.

Not really we use both in the uk

Imperial is best system for length. Metric is good for volume and mass.

>convert
Easy as moving decimal places
>inb4 metric shill
I use imperial almost exclusively when machining/fabricating/and doing construction.

Track uses metric so it's nothing new for me. It's not hard to remember that one mile is 1600 meters and 5 kilometers is 3.1 miles.

I don't see why you would ever prefer one to the other or any you would be inhibited of you couldn't say 800m for .8km

>Most Americans know both.
This. Every American engineer, architect, and physicist I've ever known has been able to swap back and forth between both systems with ease.

It really just depends on what you're measuring.

Metric is better for large scales and precise measurements. Imperial is better for everyday shit.

How weird goes from talking about the metric system to forced sterilization in one paragraph.

Seek help edgeman!

The same as yours considering Obongo is letting that fleet protect my country no charge.

If only we all cared about the progress of the human race and the success and welfare of future generations...

Americans can learn and use any system of measure they like. It's called freedom, Hans Gruber.

Just another Jewish ploy.

It is cute how it is assumed that Americans do not use the metric system. It is used everyday. It is taught in the third grade. It's a played out joke, Eurocucks.

No it doesn't
\thread

Yes, but intelligent people who seek to communicate with anyone outside of America, or who are involved in almost any real science, use the metric system.

Sure fire way to know if someone is worth a shit in America:
>they understand and can freely and easily use the metric system

POO

1776 WILL COMMENCE AGAIN

Oh ffs it's just a system. For daily use it's perfectly fine. The metric was good standardize scientific study across a time where it was starting to be needed but for daily use both are fine. It's just a matter of growing with one or the other

>we've got meters and liters all over the place

So much autism kek thank you for that.

And Idiot Euros lump other units of measure under "imperial system" anyway, but American STEM students learn better. Kelvins, joules, newtons, etc... These aren't imperial systems of measure either, and yet Americans learn these, but tell a Eurotard they aren't imperial.

Europe really is the Arkansas off the world.

Because they're not able to count to 10

Naziville Part II checking in to make their whole country look stupid. Again.

12>10
Can you not count to 12 then?

Kelvins use Celsius as the increment between units
A joule is enough energy to move something that weighs 1 Newton a distance of 1 meter
A neutron is enough force to accelerate a 1 kilogram object at 1meter per second per second

The metric system and international system of units fit together really well, and make the math easier.

Metric is commie satanic shit. Invented by kikes in order to suck the soul and individuality out of life.

>the biggest and most cuck'd nation by kikes
>also the only one using imperial system

J U S T

Not even close you fuckwit. There are only a handful of western countries less kike'd than America even with all our merchant problems.

Not to mention we are warming up the ovens this election season.

Hay guys my American is evolving

The vast majority of us already know it, the conversion to imperial and visualizing it is what gets us.

US has the biggest jewish population outside of Israel.

US politicians word for israel (like yesterday, at the republican convension, Pence going: HURR AMERICA STANDS WITH ISRAEL. and everyone americlapping)

US = sock puppet with israel's arm all the way up its ass.
also
>circumcised

>US politicians word for israel
work*

How many 4th gen stealt aircraft do you have?

>How far away is it?
a) Right behind you. About 10 feet
b) about 20 yards
c) a couple blocks
d) a quarter of a mile
e) a few miles

You're a fucking imbecile if you don't think it's easy to describe distances in English. People never say somethins more than a couple hundred yards away.

wtf now I hate imperial

Have Belgians even played sports on the moon?

>including the Enterprise or Ford with the supercarrier count