1,000,000 years from now humans nor any trace of us will exist

>1,000,000 years from now humans nor any trace of us will exist.
>The universe will cease to exist some day.

>>The universe will cease to exist some day.
false
spacetime is expanding at an accelerated rate

>implying
My expiration date comes long before these milestones.

i think what the merrymutt meant is how energy output will cease one day
the universe will be a big bunch of cold iron rocks

If you send out a picture of a cartoon frog encrypted as a signal wave it would travel forever, since the acceleration growth of the universe is exponential to it's size.

>If a tree falls down and no one's around to hear it, did it even fall down

Yes, eventually "someone" is going there to notice

> The universe will one day go through heat death

Fine
>One day the universe will no longer have thermodynamic free energy and therefore can no longer sustain processes that increase entropy.
Can't be certain.

>One day the universe will no longer have thermodynamic free energy and therefore can no longer sustain processes that increase entropy.
>tfw to dumb to know what this means

We have to think so, otherwise might as well kill ourselves now

Maybe a new big bang happens

Basically there is no "work". The universe flatlines.

In English doc.

,000,000 years from now humans nor any trace of us will exist.
Eugenics and artificial intelligence won't let this happen. We will surely be a different species by then.

Pepe=universe

>Implying we won't conquer the stars
>Implying we won't have wars against alien empires
>Implying we won't peer behind the veil of reality
>Implying we won't punch God in the face

Oh ye of little faith

I admire you're optimistism, anons. If not for human folly, maybe one day we can rule the universe.

Do people actually believe in this shit? Go back to 'ddit you big bag theory watching faggot.

>all of our current scientific knowledge may be false like the phlogiston theory.

cool story nostrodumbass

and oh yeah

as long as germany and russia is finally destroyed Im OK with it.

t. retard

americans are pretty smart

>what are quantum fluctuations

feels good man

Why caring about what could happen 1,000,000 years from now, we'll be dead and forgotten way before that, you don't need the universe to stop existing

nonsense if you are under 30 medical and nano advances will make its so we can live to upto 200 years old, and by the time we are 200 we will have the tech to upload our consciousness and live practically until the end of times. we are the first generation that will not die.

In a million years there will be fossils of modern humans you imbecile. Also, some of our synthetic polymers will remain

Not if aliens blow us up.

They could be insignificant.

That's bullshit but I believe it

a hypothesis

how can it be "we" if it's a different species altogether though?
anyways as most point out, we'll be all dead by then so let's ENJOYEE our small time here and now

Sadly i live in Russia

The universe will cease to exist for you the moment you die. So were not talking 10 million years, for any of us now posting it's probably somewhere from 30-80 years.

Your conciousness will cease to exist and the universe wil go on without you, isn't that a scary thought?

what if I'm already dead on the inside?
I don't want to live forever, I just want to start my own comfy cult, something like 'hug your pain away', and take some dumb teenagers with me when I feel it's enough through a suicide pact

lifecucks btfo

what are you basing this on?

>wars against alien empires
and how would they look ?
i think the only way to have space wars would be sending super big nukes to the bad guys planets and waiting about 10 years for them to get there.

There is no universe without me.

Who fucking cares? Like literally who cares.

No one will care eventually, so my argument is solid as fuck.

some people have pretty shit later years but not all by far
my grandfather's 91 and he does pretty alright, lives at home with his wife taking care of each other, has company regularly, does all their own shopping etc
i sometimes wish my life is as comfy as his

There is no proof for afterlife. There is proof that conciousness never returns in a human after death.

We can by all our observations conclude that conciousness is something the brain creates, so when it longer functions your conciousness must therefore must also dissappear forever.

Why put two linebreaks after each sentence, though?

It's so fucking scary to imagine not existing. I can sometimes not sleep at night thinking about.

One day everything will be gone, I wont see, smell, hear or think anything ever again for the rest of time and space. Fuck that's scary.

and so? you are going to die in less than 50 years fo sure, and all the people you will know will die in not more than 150 years

>It's so fucking scary to imagine not existing. I can sometimes not sleep at night thinking about.
Isn't this something kids are afraid of? I used to cry about this when I was like 9 years old due to anxiety

It's much easier on the eyes on my opinion. I like it that way.

some people make it to 90 without living. My grandma finally retired from work last June at 84 because she loved what she did and helping others. She's not quite done even now, she's traveling to turkey next month. Absolutely wonderful woman.

I feel you bro. But for me it's not so much scary as it is sad. We are basically nothing desu.

Try really thinking about it, our adult life is so full of distractions that we forget what these feeling feel like. Once the feeling hit's you it's like cold and warm water running down your chest and spine.

You realize that nothing of you will remain, you won't be able to be a part of anything, even your physical and everything you have ever created body will fade into nothingness.

>Pic related is the universe timeline btw

I've already accepted that.

That doesn't make it less scary. With a snap of the fingers *poof* everything is gone, all of your hopes and beliefs, all your memories gone in an instant, forever.

I'm getting drunk tonight, I hate this fucking feeling

>We are basically nothing desu.
Bullshit. You have the potential to be the entire universe to someone or a whole bunch of people. And people are the only thing that matters in this universe

It makes life less stressful. Life is hard and scary in the first place, so why should you hinder your quality of life with such an irrelevant thought.

That's a stupid thing to say, the universe by our definition is what exists, so it cannot disappear and it is so vast there has to be a life form somewhere on it

pls get over your existential crisis pham, good luck with it

the way got over it is to love all the dogs close to you and have a job you like

ayyyy materialism

>conciousness never returns in a human after death
unless he comes back from the dead
then again, yeah, many NDE are """proven"""" to be induced by symptoms of the brain losing oxygen
anyways it's stupid saying "after death there's nothing". you existed, after death you leave many things behind that others may or may not catch and utilize

>the universe by our definition is what exists
yeah that's what OP got wrong
>there has to be a life form somewhere on it
and this is where you have it wrong. if there's no more energy then there will be no more life. only dead cold rocks
but religiously i think so too, the end of THIS world will be the birth of God. and then He will restart the game again

How can the energy disappear since nothing either disappears nor appears but transforms

Sometimes shit like us not around anymore makes my life feel meaningless. Life used to be so simple compared to this shit.

i find it comforting to be honest, the dance of life never ceases after i'm gone. i find it a bit conceited to expect something after death as if we're entitled to continue living after death. some inflated sense of self-importance we humans carry, as if the entire universe is centered towards our petty trivial existence. memento mori

It cant. Thats a popsci thing

Good.

>flag
not even surprised

nothing's promised tomorrow user. the sun may never rise again. just be glad it did today.

Think of it like salt. The Salt is your energy and space is water.

How much salt is there when you put in a mug of water? Plenty, how much is there when you put in a swimming pool? Almost nothing.

Since space is infinetly expanding but energy is and was always finite, the energy of the universe will be so dilluted that for all intents and purposes it doesn't exist anymore.

That's why you have kids so some fraction of your DNA will be leaving the planet in search of a new one.

Would be kind of pathetic desu if humans can't even manage 1 million years of existence, fucking rats have been around for 14 million years and don't get me started on real oldies like the roach

I seriously believe that the machines we create to colonise the solar system for us will be the true inheritors of the human race. I wonder if they'll remember their ol' monkey ancestors

99.9% of all living things on this planet went extinct. Also "your" impact won't be noticeable in even less than 6 generations simple maths;

1/2 of your dna will be in your kids, 1/4 in your grandkids, 1/8 in your great grandkids, 1/16 in your great, great grandkids, 1/32, then 1/64, then 1/128 and so on and so on. Do you think we can trace backour ancestor fish that nutted in our other ancestor fish's orafice? Of course not. And so won't you leave a mark on future generations either.

Besides humans are fucking the planet and are hording nukes, we won't make it another 300 years.

>Besides humans are fucking the planet and are hording nukes, we won't make it another 300 years.
>life doesn't matter because nukes!!!

wow it's like being in 1970

I know what you mean. On a small scale you could play a massive role and that's what I want to do. Live so well that you live on in someone else after you're gone. That's probably the best way to look at life and will result in the best of mankind but turning a blind eye to the scale of the universe is hard to do.

not relevent in the long term, because they only exist for a very short time, according to the energy-time-uncertainty

>nor any trace of us

That's literally untrue.