GODZILLA

I've been binging Godzilla films the past few days. Who else here Godzillas?
What's your favourite era?
What's your favourite entry?
Who's your favourite monster?
How many more alien races think they can conquer the Earth by mind controlling giant monsters even when the last several alien races failed with that exact same plan?

Other urls found in this thread:

subscene.com/subtitles/godzilla-gojira
imdb.com/title/tt0177443/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I haven't seen a ton of the movies but my favorites are vs Mothra and 2000.
It's hard to compete with big G himself, but I do love Megalon because he was my favorite character in the gamecube game. I also have a soft spot for Emmerich's Zilla, not the movie but the monster because I had a bunch of cool-ass toys of him as a kid. I still have a gigantic full-body puppet of him that I use to scare the shit out of my dog.

I'm pretty disappointed that the new movies aren't going the goofy insane sci-fi schlock route with aliens and mole people.

Do you mean the 1964 film Mothra vs. Godzilla or the 1992 film Godzilla vs. Mothra?

>I've been binging Godzilla films
Google is much better senpai

better for what? I have physical copies of most of the Showa & Heisei eras.

How many more alien races think they can conquer the Earth by mind controlling giant monsters even when the last several alien races failed with that exact same plan?
They aren't always aliens using that plan, one time it was Future Americans

Does anyone have some good subtitles for the first movie?

You mean a separate file for the subtitles? Is that still a thing? I used to do that with old Zatoichi films I'd downloaded over a decade ago.

subscene.com/subtitles/godzilla-gojira

Gojira has everything. A giant monster, social commentary, this guy getting literally cucked...

>favourite era
Showa

>favourite entry
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II

>Favourite monster
Mecha King Ghidorah

Sucks that you still can only get old cropped to CRT Television Aspect Ratio versions of Godzilla vs. Mothra and Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah in North America. Those are some of my favourite entries.

I don't know whether to get Godzilla vs. Megalon. I think Megalon's design is pretty cool but Jet Jaguar's design is fucking stupid and yes I do know he was designed by a kid who won a contest.

Jet Jaguar a shit.

>favorite era
I just finished Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II so i haven't watched tge millenium films yet. But i'm already digging Heisei more than Showa.
>Favorite entry
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II and Godzilla vs Hedorah
>Favourite monster
Hedorah for being so goddamnded creepy and weird, the tone and theme of his movie helped alot too. Also, Rodan is my favorite godzilla buddy.

The american TV cartoon was good

Stfu, Jet Jaguar is great. He should be in the shin godzilla sequel.

Neither the Hannah Barbera nor the Sony Entertainment cartoons were good.

What was up with this face turn. Why did he and Mothtra suddenly team up to fight godzilla.

where to watch?

To save the environment or something?

Kong is better

Better at being shot to death maybe

imdb.com/title/tt0177443/
That was decent.
I watched it as a kid.

If you like that animation studio then I'd recommend you watch the MiB cartoon instead.

watched that as a kid also

Kong is still better character-wise.

>26 posts
>8 unique IPs

SAD!

Can King Kong do a jig?

I think he did one in Godzilla vs King Kong

A truly epic post my friend.

King Kong is done in by making friends with humans, you know what Godzilla does to humans that consider him a friend?

Destroy All Monsters is my favorite. Best music, best monsters, most iconic.

Sadly has the most embarrassing fight meme moment.

Favorite monster? His number is zero.

>the most embarrassing fight meme moment.
something with Godzilla's son I presume?

>King Kong is done in by making friends with humans
He loves humans so much that he bites them to death

fucker did the finishing blow on gidorah

oops, yeah, I mistakenly said "fight"

Godzilla's son and the kid (Minye?) are bottom tier.

Worst fight meme is probably Godzilla vs Megalon (Shatner kick)

>me on the left
okay so making friends with "A" human

She was screaming the entire movie, that's not really what I call a friend.

women like to play hard-to-get

I love Godzilla, my main jam as a kid and honestly even the bad ones are more fun than a lot of mainstream stuff.

My favs are Final Wars, vs King Kong, and the first MechaGodzilla.

MechaG breaking Anguirus' jaw and the costume going limp looked so freaky. Really stayed with me, and I think the reason I swear practical effects are better than cgi.

I don't think someone would play hard-to-get with a giant gorilla.

Maaaan, I need to find me a copy of the first Mechagodzilla. I only ever see Terror of Mechagodzilla around anywhere though.

checkmate creationists

But user, that's a normal-sized gorilla.

here is a woman looking not to worried with a giant gorilla AND a human soul, double checkmate atheists!

Do you think they fixed that basketball to his shin with glue for the photoshoot or just CG'd it in after?

>Reposting the same image in worse quality
Faggot.

Now you've gone too far.

same. im not sure the first one has ever made dvd or blu, at least not in america.

It's nebulous as a lot of them are under different distribution rights in NA but according to Wikipedia it did get a DVD release 13 years ago by Tristar, which if that's the only one means it wasn't even part of the Toho Master Collection

They're just out of print. You can buy it on Vudu.

what's vudu?