I'm late to the party, what did Sup Forums think of this?

I'm late to the party, what did Sup Forums think of this?

It's ok

Didnt seem like anything to me.

I miss the generals.
Post shrinkray memes

huge disappointment, ugly grils

Felt like it was an idea someone had 30 years ago and though they tried to give it a modern spin it felt dated because our android sci-fi is still stuck at "man playing god" level

>man playing god
>what truly defines humanity
>what actually is free will
Maybe I'm a brainlet but what other theme could an android story have that isn't done by another type

Stop seeing androids as a mirror of humanity. Skip the "are they human" part and jump straight into what an android would do. It'd be naïve to think they'd behave or think like we do, or even that they would choose to do it in order to fit in.

>what truly defines humanity
>what actually is free will

Pick an answer for your fictional work, and move forward from that. What comes next?

The philosophical implications of dealing with sentient AI, terribly handed. Awful writing, boring side plots, superficial deep-wannabe dialogue that barely scratches the surface of the very powerful questions the show was supposed to be built on.

It just makes people who watch it think they're smart, when in reality it doesnt even come close to the complexity the premise could have offered.

>we want the got audience

average. struggled to give a shit about it tbqhwy.

I love how Sup Forums is trying to be contrarian and shit all over the show now, but back when it was airing they were circlejerking the fuck out of it.

You're literally just like a bitter version of reddit right now.

normies wouldn't understand this, it has to be sexbots kicking guys in the nuts to give women a sense of catharsis and blackbots kicking white boys in the nuts to give minorities a sense of catharsis

Does anyone remember the short story told from a perspective of an android about building an organic lifeform which had long been extinct (human)? And it's only revealed at the end of the story that it was an android creating human life rather than the opposite? Shit blew my mind as a kid, I can't remember if it was Asimov or not.

>It'd be naïve to think they'd behave or think like we do, or even that they would choose to do it in order to fit in.
>it's naive to think a machine will do what it's programmed to do

Daily reminder that Shrink ray is STILL NOT DISPROVEN AND IS STILL A VALID THEORY.

They were programmed to be human though so it would be stupid if they became some kind of alien AI ascension. They still think like humans.

I think Michael Creighton rally likes the idea of theme parks with crazy concepts.
"John, when West World breaks down the cowboys don't eat the people"

>stop seeing them as mirror of humanity
Very hard to do seeing how they would be made to be mirrors of ourselves, whether visually or logically.
>It'd be naïve to think they'd behave or think like we do
They're robots made by humans. They believe and act how we tell them to. Expecting any different is like questioning why a blender isn't playing a piano.

I thought it had potential but I really, really, really did not give a shit about the robot characters (like, the ones who live in Westworld) so when they tried to make you give a shit that people were murdering them or raping them it fell very flat in my opinion.

Didn't even finish the first season

it's not terrible, but the writing is typical nolan hackery of stacking twists on top of twists. it's kind of funny how he has to use these stupid writing tricks and gimmicks to distract people from how mediocre the story actually is.

the threads on here pretty much figured out the entire plot by the third episode.

It's not as good as reddit says it is, but not as bad as Sup Forums says it is.

Ed Harris is a God tier actor and every scene with him is a fucking delight. Even moreso than Hopkins.

S N E K

Post snek.