So this is the power of practical effects

So this is the power of practical effects

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sidon_Ithano
youtube.com/watch?v=gxpvsm7XoEQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are we the bird, pecking at the remains of a once revered work?

Or are we what lies shattered upon the desert floor?

When Prometheus delivered fire to mortal men, he was condemned to all eternity, chained to a mountainside to be devoured by ravenous birds for all eternity. Truly, George Lucas is the modern Prometheus, and forever herein lies his punishment.

What Doctor Who is this?

wow those feathers look like shit - did they not even look at real birds for reference?

The bird is JJ, hence the beak

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT ALIEN BIRDS LOOK LIKE STUPID PREQUELFAG

and Rey flying by is James Cameron

Kek, I like this

so witty, and yet, only a few anons will read this

Prometheus didn't take the fire back and then give us the fire as he originally envisioned it

Aside from the awful feathers, its head and legs and beak look nice. Or wait a minute, maybe it's not even a bird! Maybe it's just wearing those feathers as clothes!

JJ = genius

The way the legs wobble like rubber is very unrealistic, you can tell it was being suspended from above

Are you retarded

This looked good imo

This looked bad imo

So this is the power of CGI

Kek

you're too smart for this board

>not a single alien from Lucas' movies

fuck you, do not discourage actual good posters from posting you fucking fuck

Both of these looked like shit, Essential the luggabeast.

there are at least 3 aliens from the OT you retard

-red guy on the far right
-alien with the long proboscis
-fembot on the left

>DEWD PRACTICAL EFFECTS

I'm not seeing a problem here

>Are we the bird ...

What is Paris Hilton up to these days?

>no
>no
>droid =/= alien

lmao

Half-assed puppets with no articulation that are actually worse than OT's effects that they knew fanboys would eat up anyway because "at least it's not the prequels guys"

It worked on you

Pretty sure the dude with the beard is an Ithorian.

It's a nu-thorian, in other words it doesn't count

>tfw They'll never make a design as good as a rodian or twi'lek ever again

>PUPPETED

I'm jealous of their little family

read this in Herzog's voice

>BUT WHY

Ithorians don't have front facing mouths

>When Prometheus delivered fire to mortal men, he was condemned to all eternity, chained to a mountainside to be devoured by ravenous birds for all eternity.
Until he got freed by Heracles you mean

Based Mark

Youre right. Its actually just a ripoff.

>tfw your little girl is getting TUSKED

I will never NOT be triggered by all those awful, cutesy looking Dr. Who-reject looking aliens that the kikes at disney keep coming up with.

It's not Star Wars if it doesn't have tons of unsettling, grotesque looking Lucas aliens. He had an aesthetic sense that Heironymous Bosch would be proud of.

Ottegan I believe

>someone writes in a certain way
>U R LE GENIUS

go back to plebbit

Too anthropomorphic. Way too anthropomorphic.

Disney is terrified of scaring off the young preteen princess demographic who they could otherwise sell push Rey and the normalization of black men on.

I always particularly liked that Nosferatu alien Obi-Wan talks to on Utapau

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome in a Galaxy far, far away

you know, this scene was a moment when I know TFA isnt going to be very good. She saved a robot. After presenting herself as this scavenger capable of surviving on her own in third world country, her first thought when seeing a robot in good shape was "let it go free". She could lived couple of mouths from selling it and as she is someone who LIVES in sand shithole she should had knew how valuable robots are yet she didnt even took a second to think about it. That scene totally undermine the bargaining scene and made it pointless. We know she wouldnt sell it so the whole drama was fake as her orgasm.

REAL SETS
PRACTICAL EFFECTS

>You remind me of the babe

Good choice, user.

The Ugnaughts, OR, OR the Dugs, OR anything in Jabba's palace, OR even the fucking Ewoks were still creepier and more unsettling than anything that Disney will ever give us.

Yes there is a Ithorian and humans

Memes aside, the blend of the practicals and visual effects in TFA is real good, will age decently.

If all the ewoks looked like this everybody would be fine with them

Babe?

SPEARED.COM

>Ithorian
See

The ewoks were pretty interesting, I don't get why people hated or pretended to hate them so much.

WWEEUUEEE WYUUUUU the techno union has your support WYYYUUU

I always knew George was looking out for us

this I don't care about ewoks and other creative scifi ideas, star wars is for little kids

jar jar binks however was a problem, he is everything you don't want some boy with asperger's to pick up

Those are shit-tier aliens.

>tfw to inteligent for this meme

Remember when Obi Wan kissed the hand of Count Chocula?

What the fuck was up with that?

who's that handsome devil

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sidon_Ithano

I really liked these, they wouldn't be out of place in Episode IV. Looking sightly shit but with a tactile charm.

On the other hand, the story sucked dicks.

>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sidon_Ithano

Gracias

There's a confirmed Stennes Shifter from the cantina in ANH

People defending this are just being ironic right?

I wonder if they'll try to make him the next Boba Fett.

people think any practical effect is GOAT 10/10 just for not being cgi

No, they're trying to make captain phasma the next boba fett.

They're pushing phasma as the next Fett, but Ithano makes for a better Fett.

Looks like a rip off of this.

why
captain phasma would never be the next boba fett
both because she already proved herself to be a wimp in TFA and because she doesn't come close to being as ominous as boba fett

It reminded me of that as well. Now that the EU is non canon it's absolutely clear that they are going to steal bits and pieces from it (like Jyn Erso/Jan Ors).

Neat, is that a novel? I still hate Disney Star Wars but I kind of want to check this one out. Just because the dude has a cool helmet.

Ok Jew jew fucked star wars very hard

Because shes female and its her turn.

I love this guy

>Edgy 90's Star Wars comic tier

How much do you wanna bet he was one of the Emperor's Guard or some shit?

Boba Fett literally did nothing until he got BTFO accidentally by a blind guy

it looks like shit- but it doesn't distract from the movie much for me since it's supposed to be a ghost

He likes to disintegrate people, as it was implied in a very clever piece of dialogue. That was a pretty good first impression and way more badass poins than Phasma will ever be able to get after the massive screw up in TFA.

youtube.com/watch?v=gxpvsm7XoEQ

He had that drop from the ship that was really clever or insightful.

Show, don't tell

But she left the planet, made friends, and was given a position and home at the Resistance.

Apollo geist

Still waiting for the action figure for this nigga

He's an alien pirate that wears a mask that was from general grievous' species.

Thats just a health droid from episode 5.

It looks like one but I think it's a singer droid with a built in microphone.

>there are prequels apologists still

You people need to stop being contrarians. I saw these movies as a preteen and while they were entertaining, they weren't Star Wars. At least episode VII was a callback to the original trilogy and wasn't all just CGI and politics.

I also don't see a problem with these practical effects. They are sure to still be appealing decades from now, as opposed to the prequels.

I sincerely believe whoever came up with this did not even look at any birds on wikipedia to get an idea of how they naturally move their necks and use their beaks to peck at something.

I guess it's in a galaxy far far away and things don't have to follow reason.

>That stock
He would have to bend his hand to the side to shoot it making it very awkward to shoot and the design means it is completely unusable as a stock anyway for a humanoid.

Phasma was terrible and it would take something major to redeem her complete lack of impact in the story and her literal into the trash she goes.

prequels explained the politics of the lore and has epic races. TFA was nothing but nostalgia wankery with stale old story. hell yea I will defend the prequels

>When the new droid models were released the old ones that escape destruction are left to drink their sorrows away in a bar as they slowly rust
Unexpected feel

>1488

Also why is she so ugly.