Carbonara

Do we have any Italians here?
I'm arguing with my mother about Spaghetti Carbonara - she claims that you have to use cream or double cream to prepare it, and different sources tells different things. I always did only with pasta, bacon or other pork meat (panchette for rich guys only), pepper, salt, garlic, eggs ans water after coocking pasta. She yells at me that I'm a moron and cream is necessary. Halp guys

>cream in carbonara

Your mum is a moron.

> cream

no cream
no garlic

>needing cream

You don't need cream at all, and Italians go autistic if you add it at all. Egg yolks alone are good enough for the creaminess.

Breaking news for me. I used to think carbonara is macaroni with cream sauce.

OH MY GAWD THIS ISN'T AWTHENTIC ITALIAN FOOD, MY MUTHA USED TO COOK...

*bitching continues indefinitely*

she is a terrona and you are a negro

t.no culture
You will never understand ;')

the sauce looks fucked, wait a while longer before putting the yolk in.

>pasta

Pleb food

this

pastasouth
risottonorth

risotto is masterrace

wtf i want carbonara now

why did you use cream, you barbarian?

I must admit that most of us are insufferable cunts when it comes to food

He didn't use cream, read his fucking post
It depends.
Norcina >> all, though

Pasta with cream and pork is actually pretty good, you can call it something else than carbonara if you want

I'd put my cream in your mum's carbonara, if you catch my drift ;) (in case you don't, it means I'd ejaculate in her during sexual intercourse).

Pasta with cream and pork (sausage) is called "Norcina" around these parts, picrelated. It can also contain either truffles or mushrooms

I wonder how it ended being called carbonara outside of italy

I should have been a little clearer, I was trying to complain about Italian-Americans, not Italians (I don't know any Italians). There's an unusually large segment of Italian-Americans who have an EXTREMELY limited idea of what counts as "Italian" food.

>tfw americunts will never know the beuaty of a bruschetta with lardo di colonnata, walnuts and honey

Looks delicious. The burger version must be deep fried and have ten more ingrédients

The one with egg yolks, guanciale (or bacon) and grated cheese is still called Carbonara in Italy, Norcina is a different dish.

adding cream is french tier

*puts ketchup on it*

what now m*doid

We often do a dish we also call carbonara here, where we use cream and/or bechamel sauce, together with the grease of the pork. Usually eaten with spaghetti.

I like it sometimes.

Come at me.